Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

For sale in my area: cute cottage-style home built in 1930. Just ignore the leopard-print carpet throughout the downstairs.

No, I'm not kidding:

does the table come with the house?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

quote:

I, too, enjoy unremitting lidless eye contact with thirty of myself while taking a poo poo.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

elise the great posted:

I, too, enjoy unremitting lidless eye contact with thirty of myself while taking a poo poo.

Take care when making GBS threads in the void, that the void does not poo poo in you.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
y’all just jealous you can’t poop in the fourth dimension

e: spacial dimension

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PRADA SLUT posted:

Pooping back and forth through time forever

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012
That bathroom must be hell to navigate when drunk.

PRADA SLUT posted:

Ever since watching Interstellar I have wondered what it'd be like to poop in a Tesseract. Now the answer may be within my grasp.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Don Dongington posted:

You say true, I say thankya.

:ocelot:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

getting ambient music vibes

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I unironically love the all-mirror bathroom.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

cigaw posted:

That bathroom must be hell to navigate when drunk.

I would not go into that bathroom while tripping. No siree.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

For sale in my area: cute cottage-style home built in 1930. Just ignore the leopard-print carpet throughout the downstairs.

No, I'm not kidding:

That's a pretty dope table though.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
It's a picnic table.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Judge this tub:

I like it! There's nearby ledges to throw my poo poo on and it looks deep enough to cover my chest. I'm not sure how to clean it, and hope it's properly lacquered or whatever the hell. Could use some stones around the base :v:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I kind of like it but for that one bit on the lip that looks like it’s a flat shelf but it’s not, which means that I would forget all the time and beverages/candles/books would go sliding on to the floor.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Looks like a conker. I'm out.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Room update! I moved all my furniture back in on Monday.

So finishing touches in a few weeks. Now shopping for baseboard. I'm thinking of a higher trim so I don't have to touch up paint (and the ceilings are 10ft) but probably keep it fairly minimal since there's a lot happening in this room. Already have a trim white paint picked out that pulls from the wallpaper. Shoe trim is debatable. My friends who I'd borrow an air compressor from are getting married this weekend so I want to give them some space.

I also have a Selig egg chair on its way to me to replace the Ekornes that is falling apart. :D

Still stalking the rug for the room for it to drop on clearance. It could use one. Also nicer dog bed for the doggos.

Eikre
May 2, 2009
I like how that floor lamp you got plays off the geometry of the wallpaper but it's pretty busy right up against it. Wonder how it would be behind the couch, backed by a solid color.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Big Molar

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Those drat tumblr kids with autism and their endless joy for making them Elmers Glue slime thingies!! :argh:

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Hate it when the coffee table doesn't load all the way.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

The gal from McMansion Hell understands my pain

This thing is for sale for $220!?

BLENDER. PENDANT. LIGHT.

I hope these people are up to date on their tetanus shots.

polishingaturd.jpg

edit: tag yourself I'm Agreeable Gray

Youth Decay fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 21, 2017

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Youth Decay posted:

The gal from McMansion Hell understands my pain

This thing is for sale for $220!?

BLENDER. PENDANT. LIGHT.

I hope these people are up to date on their tetanus shots.

polishingaturd.jpg

I’m gauntlet gray
SHITPOSTER NEEDS FOOD BADLY

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I'm Krypton. As an actual colour I'm nearly kryptonite.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol at using $20 worth of materials and several hours of your time making a plastic set of dollar store drawers that are only meant to last two semesters in a dorm look rustic

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I keep expecting that thing to rotate and reveal bachelor number one, bachelor number two and bachelor number three

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Youth Decay posted:

Coincidentally this is the colour scheme of my house, and each room has one wall in big blocky flowery wallpaper.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

So is there a timeless colour palette or is it really that changeable?

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.

Southern Heel posted:

So is there a timeless colour palette or is it really that changeable?

There is no such thing as a "timeless" anything when it comes to home decor. Your house, for better or for worse, is going to reflect the tastes and trends of the years you lived there. And that's not a bad thing! If you do a nice job initially and then keep it up with proper maintenance, any era can look classy.

The best strategy, imho, for decorating that won't look outdated is to use high quality materials to do the job they were meant to do. Don't use "faux" anything, don't "distress" anything, don't fight the styles of the buildings around you.

As for color, pick colors that coordinate with your furniture and fixtures. Neutrals (like the greys pictured above) are easiest to coordinate, which makes some people say they're "timeless". But choosing a grey just because it's "timeless" and ignoring the rest of your house can be ugly too. I've just moved into a 1920s Craftsman bungalow with beautiful light-toned woodwork everywhere. And the previous owners painted EVERY room a very cool-toned, "Pinterest" grey, like the "Krypton" above. Against the warm wood tones, the walls look lavender. It dulls the brass fixtures and makes the wood floors look yellow.

I'm going to repaint every room a different color that squash comes in and enjoy my cozy home, "timelessness" be damned (although not really, because historically, that's what colors these houses were).

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Uk houses were traditionally magnolia, now they are mostly slightly different shades of magnolia but with fancy names.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Interesting, as I've mentioned my new house is almost all light wood (varnished and waxed pine) and I was thinking of greys and blues - but you're thinking more strong natural colours? Currently it's pastel green/yellow which looks a bit awful IMO.

As learnincurve says, there's always magnolia :)

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.

Southern Heel posted:

Interesting, as I've mentioned my new house is almost all light wood (varnished and waxed pine) and I was thinking of greys and blues - but you're thinking more strong natural colours? Currently it's pastel green/yellow which looks a bit awful IMO.

As learnincurve says, there's always magnolia :)

Blues can look nice if they are decidedly blue - contrasting is an excellent color palette . The problem I have is that the grey they chose was a very light, cool grey - anywhere else it would look clean and austere. Unfortunately, next to the warm wood tones, it looks lavender. It's not the worst situation in the world but it's clear that nobody thought out what should go.

Sherwin Williams makes a historic color palette for this style of house (https://www.sherwin-williams.com/pr...arts-and-crafts) and you can see that the blues, greens, and greys chosen there are both more saturated and warmer, which works with light or medium wood tones.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Looking up and learning warm and cool colours will be massively helpful, and a colour wheel is a useful thing to have for many situations. :)

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

White, wood and concrete.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

learnincurve posted:

Uk houses were traditionally magnolia, now they are mostly slightly different shades of magnolia but with fancy names.
...and built with all the quality control of a wet cardboard box.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Pablo Bluth posted:

...and built with all the quality control of a wet cardboard box.

The past tense really isn’t necessary there :(

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Hey guys, I found a delightful mid century pre nuclear war house. Lovely builtins, but never installed a FODCO kitchen, very original.

https://www.redfin.com/IL/Lombard/454-S-Edgewood-Ave-60148/home/18104864

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

That’s just during the intro.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Suspect Bucket posted:

Hey guys, I found a delightful mid century pre nuclear war house. Lovely builtins, but never installed a FODCO kitchen, very original.

Aw, it's cute, I wanna load it up with teak furniture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Suspect Bucket posted:

:aaa: :swoon:

BRB, moving to Illinois.