Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Strobe posted:

Most Eldar jetbikes have fly. :ssh:

Don’t have the index, ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

richyp posted:

b) Cool but too confusing when they'll look too much like the Neophyte stuff

I wouldn't just because it's the only bit that universally telegraphs "neophyte" regardless of what body it's on.

If you can, get your hands on Empire Free Company heads. They have a great rag-tag, disheveled vibe that'll work for cult guard. There's also a nonzero chance that GSC allied guard will have access to their own unique doctrine / orders / relics, and you'll want to be very clear who's who when it comes down to it.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Crosspostin'

Safety Factor posted:

Finally finished another squad after forging through various distractions like Catachans and SLAMBO. It's been a long, long time. I've continued my trend of Too Many Checkers and simple individual heraldry. It's probably too much work for simple tactical marines, but I think it's been worth it. I also used 10 phobos pattern bolters and 10 chainswords from the MkIII kit as I had a bunch laying around. My MkIII are being used as support/heavy support squads so they don't need them. I really like the look of the MkIV armor with the MkIII weapons and wish I had done all of my tacticals like that.

I definitely feel like my second squad is an improvement on the first. Between projects like my terminator chaplain and the aforementioned Catachans and SLAMBO, I really feel like I've gotten better over the last year or so.

The sergeant, vexilla, vox operator, and a couple of normal guys. It's not visible, but the sergeant's shoulder pad is bone bisected by a checkered stripe. The squad's heraldry is meant to emulate that as well. The sergeant is magnetized for power sword or power fist.

The mooks:

Here's all that I have painted so far:

Next up, three rhinos METAL BOXES. I plan on emulating these squads' heraldry on the top hatches to mark them out. It's been a long time since I've painted vehicles and I'm pretty excited. I still have my Lord of War Toxx to do too. :shepface:

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 18, 2017

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Picked up my putrid blightkings today for my AoS army but also to use as Death Guard posessed.

Holy poo poo this is a great kit. Totally stealing the scythe for my typhus conversion. It's 3 sprues when my terminators for example were 2 sprues.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I am gonna find the dude who designed the Termagant sprue and force them to clean the mould lines off an entire warehouse full of gant boxes.

On the positive side I have a much greater appreciation of the Marines sprues now.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Are the Perry historical 28mm WWII models in the right scale for 40k guardsmen or are they gonna have unseemly proportions

Same question for the 28mm models from the Plastic Soldier Company

Can either of these be fixed with the appropriate Imperial Guard bits?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

goose willis posted:

Are the Perry historical 28mm WWII models in the right scale for 40k guardsmen or are they gonna have unseemly proportions

Same question for the 28mm models from the Plastic Soldier Company

Can either of these be fixed with the appropriate Imperial Guard bits?

Non-heroic 28mm will look super out of place in 40k.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
OK thanks

Is there an up-to-date list of which companies make decent heroic-scale 28mm miniatures? Not necessarily sci-fi

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

goose willis posted:

OK thanks

Is there an up-to-date list of which companies make decent heroic-scale 28mm miniatures? Not necessarily sci-fi

Looking for guardsmen, look at Victoria Lamb.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Dryfitting Mortarion and oh my god I want to hit whoever designed this kit. The right arm is not a precise enough joint to make it comfortably seated, and it looks like the extra cabling isn't going to fit properly as a result. Amazing.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
With the new Codex I decided to start a guard army, I wanted something a little different so after experimenting I come up with faux-Praetorians using Victoria's Pith Helmet Male and Female heads on GW Cadian bodies.

Pip Pip Cheerio!

LET ME SEE YOUR WAR FACE GUVNAH!

It's hard to tell, but this one is a female head. They're a little smaller than the males, and they're hard to position on the Cadian torsos because the back of the helmet interferes with the collar of the coat.

This is my command tank, so it's got an extra comm unit and the commander is magnetized so I can swap him out.

I forgot to put the lasgun in the slot, I fully magnetized the turret and all the secondary weapons.

Sir E. Nigel Davenport III in command.

I'm going to have to come up with silly British names for all my officers.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Bucnasti posted:

Grundlesmith Birkensback

Sir Thomason Pillory, Esq.

Gav Thorpe

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

Bucnasti posted:

With the new Codex I decided to start a guard army, I wanted something a little different so after experimenting I come up with faux-Praetorians using Victoria's Pith Helmet Male and Female heads on GW Cadian bodies.

Pip Pip Cheerio!

It's hard to tell, but this one is a female head. They're a little smaller than the males, and they're hard to position on the Cadian torsos because the back of the helmet interferes with the collar of the coat.

This is my command tank, so it's got an extra comm unit and the commander is magnetized so I can swap him out.

I forgot to put the lasgun in the slot, I fully magnetized the turret and all the secondary weapons.

These are fantastic!

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Bucnasti posted:

Christopher Cockburn

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Bucnasti posted:

Pip Pip Cheerio!

Ernest Featherstonehaugh

But you have to learn how to pronounce it properly first

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Richard Fondler.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Serotonin posted:

Richard Fondler.

Wanye Kerr the 5th.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Once again, crossposted from the painting thread. I think this is the third time I've posted this figure in here; I promise I won't post it a fourth time.

Actually super loving proud of that base.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

It's a very good base on a cool Raven Guard dude, nice one.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Bucnasti posted:

Quincy "Bangers and Mash" Rutherfordington
Declan Iverley Chadwick-Killington
Fighting Kip Cockermouth
Beardsley Dickinson Esq.
Vyvyan

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Bucnasti posted:

Hugh Pugh
Barney McGrew
Cuthbert Dibble-Grub
Steve

Missed the post yesterday, but just grabbed the alien baldmans from the post office this morning, and the magic tool that should stop me losing my remaining working eye.

If I get any time tonight I'll see about gluing some stuff together.

I'll probably just use the Tempestus guys as more Neophytes, but one of those fuckers is definitely going to be a greatcoat wearing baldy.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

"dem uvver Boyz is just jealous"

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

PantsOptional posted:

I am gonna find the dude who designed the Termagant sprue and force them to clean the mould lines off an entire warehouse full of gant boxes.

On the positive side I have a much greater appreciation of the Marines sprues now.

Just wait until you glue the halves together and look at that huge gap on the butt.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

General Olloth posted:

Just wait until you glue the halves together and look at that huge gap on the butt.

don't shame the tyranid's butthole

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Bucnasti posted:

Pip Pip Cheerio!

Those heads fit amazingly well with Cadian bodies.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

General Olloth posted:

Butt gap? I was pretty disappointed with the gaps in general but I don’t see a way for there to even be a butt gap. Unless that’s something that happens to the push-fit ones?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Biel Tan's up - https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/18/craftworld-focus-biel-tangw-homepage-post-3/

That Avatar Stratagem seems pretty good but the rest is pretty bleh.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Zark the Damned posted:

Biel Tan's up - https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/18/craftworld-focus-biel-tangw-homepage-post-3/

That Avatar Stratagem seems pretty good but the rest is pretty bleh.

Court of the Young King seems pretty great for deep-striking scorpions.

I'm wondering why they haven't previewed any warlord traits or relics though. I hope we get those?

Also Cheap Dire Avengers w/ Asuremen who can all re-roll 1's w/o an Autarch seems pretty great. Definitely gonna pick up more Dire Avengers.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
I'd wait to see exactly how much they cost. 16 points is fewer than 17.

Why are all of our stratagems so expensive when the typical Craftworlds list will only have a few CP?

I guess this confirms that Craftworlds attribute leak, which means that the best Craftworld is likely Alaitoc, if all of the stratagems are going to be like this.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Phyresis posted:

Why are all of our stratagems so expensive when the typical Craftworlds list will only have a few CP?

I guess this confirms that Craftworlds attribute leak, which means that the best Craftworld is likely Alaitoc, if all of the stratagems are going to be like this.

I didn't see the leak, what were the rest?

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

JoshTheStampede posted:

Alaitoc are Styges/Alpha Legion/Raven Guard.

Saim Hann ignore the heavy weapon movement penalty.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

At the end of that article they mention that jetbikes have been "re-tuned and much improved."

You know what's concerning? They haven't mentioned exactly how much cheaper Dire Avengers are. If you've read enough of these you can tell that they kind of brush over the not-so-great news and really tout the good stuff...

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Wonder how the ynnari will work with the new codex stuff.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

the sad side-effect of the IG codex is that I really can't get excited for any of the new traits after that.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Phyresis posted:

Well if both the model and weapon get a discount they're definitely no more than 15pts each.

As for the stratagems, they're fairly comparable to others. It's 1CP for a single re-roll, so 2CP to re-roll all hits and increase charge range for a unit in certain circumstances seems fair. 3 CP to resurrect a ~250pt unit where it stands isn't unreasonable too.

Edit: other armies have similar 2CP stratagems to re-roll hits on specific units

JoshTheStampede posted:

This was posted on 4chan just after the first Craftworld blog, supposedly surfaced on Facebook a couple of weeks ago:

xtothez fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Oct 18, 2017

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

Artum posted:

They're probably going to be stingy with points reductions since they have to balance the codex for a much more powerful ruleset.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Dire Avengers should cost 13 points per model at most.

Artum posted:

I'm almost positive that it will be just like the other chapters/legions/forgeworlds/regiments in that the entire Detachment must be comprised of units from that faction in order to gain the benefits.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

Ynnari already have you lose some of your army special rules to get Soulburst.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Ynnari already have you lose some of your army special rules to get Soulburst.

Its rather telling that "take another turn" is the most expensive stratagem in every army and they do it for getting a kill, so I think its justified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

feeling like we're seeing certain traits recycled over and over they probably just should've put the -1 to hit outside of 12', 6+++, and +1Ld in the big book like they did with the universal warlord traits.