Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Zotix posted:

Get these aids over watch heroes out of my Hots. There was a about when this game was good and it was before tracer was introduced.

Welp it's only been a day but I've had a couple of bad experiences so burn down Blizzard HQ and no there is no time for elaboration, capitalization, or proof-reading!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I have been on a disgusting winstreak with Ana lately. Not enough people realize that she can safely apply and maintain a 75% reduction in Spell Power to two people with very little effort. I've killed so many Sonyas who dive into us expecting to survive via Whirlwind, only to find that she's dealing no damage and healing for nothing (even after Biotic Grenade wears off).

CDW
Aug 26, 2004

BrianBoitano posted:

Welp it's only been a day but I've had a couple of bad experiences so burn down Blizzard HQ and no there is no time for elaboration, capitalization, or proof-reading!!

I know reading comprehension and all, but he's implying it started with tracer, who did not come out on Tuesday.

Genji at peak overpowered was bad, Tracer is still annoying as poo poo to play against, but the rest are good adds for me.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Zarya is good and strong and my friend.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Genji's still dumb and annoying and will pretty much be forever unless they eventually take a big hatchet to their moveset or something.

Zarya was a good add after they got her evened out though.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
I'm kind of slowly climbing about the Overwatch heroes hate train too. I find myself playing the game less and less, it's just a different game now, and I liked hots for the game it was.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Seebach posted:

You have either only played with jimbo once or twice and hosed up so hard or you’re parroting what has already been said here.

Actually I literally played with him last night

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I don't think it would hurt if the cd on junkrats grenades was just a little bit shorter. Late-game talents make it matter less but early to mid game you blow your load in the first 3 seconds of a team fight and then just wander around impotently for what feels like an eternity until you can do damage again. His auto-attack isn't bad but if you're close enough to use it you're probably in a bad position.

Then again I definitely need more time with him to get a good idea of where he fits in a team comp. His niche seems to be in his long range and capability for poke damage, so you can harass people trying to take objectives or nail towers from safety, but it also seems like they based his dps around this so his overall damage is a bit low (especially in early game like I mentioned).

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 18, 2017

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
The Junkrat traps are ridiculously bad because there is no way to remove them other than stepping on them, and they root for like two seconds. It's seriously frustrating as a squishy man to just have a trap in front of you that you can see and having absolutely no way to deal with it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

How Rude posted:

The Junkrat traps are ridiculously bad because there is no way to remove them other than stepping on them, and they root for like two seconds. It's seriously frustrating as a squishy man to just have a trap in front of you that you can see and having absolutely no way to deal with it.

I mean, at least they're not invisible :shrug:

The traps are small enough (unless you spec into the talent that increases their size) that you can normally walk around them. I can't think of too many chokepoints that are tight enough for the trap to entirely cover them.

I watched a Jaina burn all her cooldowns on my trap last night and then walk right into it to get rid of it. It was hilarious, and I just put another down after she left :haw:

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

I hate all the Overwatch heroes but surprisingly Junkrat isn't as annoying to play against as I thought he would be.

Gonna reserve judgement though because its likely that right now people are at a low point in the skill curve.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

So fun fact, when you're going into a team battle with junkrat, fire a single shot during the "riding around in circles posturing" phase. That will start the cooldown. When the cooldown gets to around 4 seconds, that's when you want to start firing. Get off your 3 remaining shots, then fire 4 more.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

PantsBandit posted:

I mean, at least they're not invisible :shrug:

The traps are small enough (unless you spec into the talent that increases their size) that you can normally walk around them. I can't think of too many chokepoints that are tight enough for the trap to entirely cover them.

I watched a Jaina burn all her cooldowns on my trap last night and then walk right into it to get rid of it. It was hilarious, and I just put another down after she left :haw:

that's the problem, unlike almost every single other trap in this game you can under no circumstances destroy the things. there's no counterplay if you're immobile

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

How Rude posted:

that's the problem, unlike almost every single other trap in this game you can under no circumstances destroy the things. there's no counterplay if you're immobile

Just... walk around it...

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Did people complain about probius' black holes when he came out? NO COUNTERPLAY

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Did people complain about probius' black holes when he came out? NO COUNTERPLAY

Probius is a well loved and universally known central figure in starcraft lore going back to warm fuzzy memories of our childhood. He isn't an overwatch hero and therefore the worst thing that ever happened to the game. Hope that helps.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The black holes go away, so your comparison doesn't really work

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

There's so much cc in this game I can't imagine caring that much about a single ability that can root one person for 2 seconds, assuming they walk into it. Also it has an arming time so he can't even root very easily as he runs away.

The trap seems like such a non issue, just one of the tools an extremely squishy character has to try and counter ganks.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

hawowanlawow posted:

The black holes go away, so your comparison doesn't really work

You can get rid of the traps by dropping a sumonable minion on them. So Anub, Arthas, Chen, Kerrigan, Malfurion, Nazeebo, Nova, Raynor, Rexxar, Samuro, Stitches, Xul and Zangara can take them out. You can also just walk around them, walk through them with anything that grants unstoppable, or trigger them and get cleansed.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
They're not very strong but it's annoying given that you have four other teammates and that it looks so destructible. I think invisible, indestructible, and permanent is a new combination of attributes for a trap.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

No Wave posted:

They're not very strong but it's annoying given that you have four other teammates and that it looks so destructible. I think invisible, indestructible, and permanent is a new combination of attributes for a trap.

? It's not invisible. Also I don't think it's permanent either, though it does last a long time

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

good to see this thread is still full of the most cringey toxic nerds on the forums

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

PantsBandit posted:

? It's not invisible. Also I don't think it's permanent either, though it does last a long time
Guess the enemy junkrat must have been placing new traps. Whoops.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

Junkrat is fun (I've never played Overwatch). But his frag grenade quest, is it not meant to be completed? I think the biggest stack I got was in the 90s in one game. I can't imagine how long the game would have to be to get all the way to 150 stacks.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Family Values posted:

Junkrat is fun (I've never played Overwatch). But his frag grenade quest, is it not meant to be completed? I think the biggest stack I got was in the 90s in one game. I can't imagine how long the game would have to be to get all the way to 150 stacks.

I get that impression, yeah. It's not a quest that has any effect when you finish it so it's just designed to be a steady power increase over the course of the game.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Steel Trap Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From It Like Nigga Just Watch Where You're Going

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Family Values posted:

Depends on how "everybody in a cramped space" the map is. I've hit max like twice out of 20ish games, both against either Nova, Rexxar, or Samuro adding warm bodies.

During the 12 seconds between firing first Q and firing last Q, you can really take your time to line up double hits, which besides adding more delightful "ding" sounds :3: also is good practice to spread your damage. You don't have to blow your load ASAP then twiddle your thumbs while waiting for your reload, unless you've got the lvl 7 speed-when-out-of-ammo talent and need to GTFO.

Basically,

Dietrich posted:

So fun fact, when you're going into a team battle with junkrat, fire a single shot during the "riding around in circles posturing" phase. That will start the cooldown. When the cooldown gets to around 4 seconds, that's when you want to start firing. Get off your 3 remaining shots, then fire 4 more.

But instead of 1.......... 234 you can do 1...2....3...4 as enemies line themselves up.

Bouncy Bouncy is a serious trap talent that I keep telling myself "well this map has tight spaces! I can hit them! But the angles they bounce off walls is hard to predict for me and I end up missing 50% of them, so I deal 0.5*1.2= 60% damage instead of ~the dream~ 120% damage.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

I go with extra wound timers at 1, which turns misses into landmines for a reasonable period of time.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Put some English on it also kinda does that, except it's more chaotic and so more :brrring:

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

BrianBoitano posted:

Put some English on it also kinda does that, except it's more chaotic and so more :brrring:

It does but I haven't found myself wanting the range so much as wanting the grenades I miss to stick around behind the enemy team to restrict their escape routes. Also gives you more value out of couple of grenades you might want to go ahead and spam into chokes right before the cooldown is going to reload your clip.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
i take chattering teeth because unlike in overwatch proper i'm poo poo at aiming myself with my mines

also the spreadshot talent makes it fun to poo poo explosives everywhere for a few seconds

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Get everyone who calls characters that they don't like "cancer" or "aids" away from me tia

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

guys focus the healer never shoot a tank even if it's the only thing you can hit safely

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

appropriatemetaphor posted:

guys focus the healer never shoot a tank even if it's the only thing you can hit safely

If Sonya leaps onto your Morales, you as a team must run in and focus their Uther. Ignore tanks at all cost.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

appropriatemetaphor posted:

You should definitely always dive into the enemy team to get their backline. This is in no way like Garrosh flipping you because YOU are choosing to feed.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I don't understand why some of these items are event locked. Deputy Valla is available year round but her emotes aren't? Nazeebo's creepy jester mask icon just needs to be exclusive?

Single and LOVING IT
Apr 4, 2004
The monkeys are coming. . .

Bogart posted:

Get everyone who calls characters that they don't like "cancer" or "aids" away from me tia

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

bamhand posted:

If Sonya leaps onto your Morales, you as a team must run in and focus their Uther. Ignore tanks at all cost.

Huuu-AAAAAHHHHHH!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Just played a QM game against a team made up of: Malthael, Lucio, Garrosh, Stukov, Artanis. I would be hard pressed to counter that in draft, matching against it in QM was loving awful. Impossible to kill, absurd amounts of displacement, and not even short on damage because Malth is just marking everyone. Fuuuuuck that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Bogart posted:

The only way to beat cancer is with AIDS.