Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Carlosologist posted:

Wait! The Rockets won?? I went to bed at the start of the fourth but holy poo poo lol

I went to sleep after the half was over, but saw that Draymond was out for the 4th quarter so it made sense. The Warriors go from elite to Nuggets-tier defense without Draymond or Iggy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Like a wise philosopher once said

"Violence is never the answer...but sometimes it is"

Word to Matt Barnes.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

IcePhoenix posted:

Are you italicizing that for any reason, I can't tell

straight up brolic posted:

fairness isn’t finding the only account that matches the side of the story that you’d like to believe lol

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I just found out the Sac arena has cheap standing room tickets so I'm gonna make that two hour trip for a billion games this year. :aaaaa:

I think you can get a standing room season pass for $15 a game. G1C is a great arena to have standing only tickets, although I'd advocate getting there early to get a spot in the Beer Garden.

You can park at the city hall garage for like $5-$10 with a 10 minute walk

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Jack's Flow posted:

I was really surprised when Zach Lowe said on his podcast (with van Gundy) that front office people around the league were down on Jaylen.

They're stupid and he's a lovely and thoughtful 20 year old who will FLOURISH with the extra playing time he's been "gifted"

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I know somebody posted this yesterday but it's even more relevant today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwrstxuicZk
Excited for Dennis v Dennis tonight.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I thought Jaylen Brown looked really good yesterday, he’s definitely making a leap this year since there’s a Hayward sized hole in the lineup. Good shooting from him and he was solid on defense, mostly

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

But that's still what you were doing at the time. Now a new report came out but it doesn't validate you like you seem to think it does.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh ok

as an outsider looking in the whole thing is hilarious but I haven't really seen anything that takes Mirotic's side in any of this, they're either neutral (most of them) or backing up Portis (this and I think a couple more that may have spawned off these same reports). Given the lack of anything actually damning Portis (including the Bulls official statement) it sort of seems pretty obvious that it was going to end up this way, in hindsight.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Jota posted:

But that's still what you were doing at the time. Now a new report came out but it doesn't validate you like you seem to think it does.

Like all of the reporting at the time I made that post by Bulls beat reporters was how it was a shoving match. Instgated at the time by Niko. That escalated and Portis finished.

Now did Portis overreact. Sure. Yes if it was me he'd be off my team. You can't be out here injuring and giving concussions to already concussion prone players. Especially ones we just signed to a large contract(though that was also something I wouldn't have done)

But it was not what I'd personally call a sucker punch or a cheap shot, based off all the reporting I saw as both were engaged in the conflict.

Which was my only point. Outside of making a couple ton of jokes about it because of the absurdity of this and the Bulls culture in general.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I have no dog in the fight because I barely know who the gently caress Mirotic and Portis are but that "Mirotic charged him" story sounds fake as hell. Did he charge in glide run style or something

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What was the worst Kobe got hurt

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Probably the ripped Achilles, which was really the end for him.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
As you have the mask placed over your face and start counting backward from 1000 by 7's, the last thing you hear from the surgeon is...

Hissssssss

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I agree Brown certainly looks good ESP for his age but I don't think the celtics can have him taking the most shots and have a usage over 30%.

Maybe this is a rebuilding year at this point tho.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

leftist heap posted:

I have no dog in the fight because I barely know who the gently caress Mirotic and Portis are but that "Mirotic charged him" story sounds fake as hell. Did he charge in glide run style or something

Mirotic tried to intimidate Bobby Bitch with a Naruto run, implying he knew ninjutsu

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

I agree Brown certainly looks good ESP for his age but I don't think the celtics can have him taking the most shots and have a usage over 30%.

Maybe this is a rebuilding year at this point tho.

It's a "give Tatum and Brown as many reps as they can get" season with some occasional Kyrie heroics. I'm sad about it but there will be positives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcq-TZdDSlo&t=10s

:siren: Rare footage of Bobby charging Niko :siren:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
It sucks for Hayward but Boston's going to be fine, they made the playoffs with Evan Turner, Tyler Zeller and Brandon Bass as core pieces like two years ago. I think they're still a top-four seed.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

zoux posted:

2006 and 2007 when they ripped his MVPs away from him

morestuff posted:

It sucks for Hayward but Boston's going to be fine, they made the playoffs with Evan Turner, Tyler Zeller and Brandon Bass as core pieces like two years ago. I think they're still a top-four seed.

They play in the East, so this takes them from the 2 seed to the 3 or 4 seed. It's less about getting in the playoffs, than it was about hoping Heyward was the guy who would get them past LeBron

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

leftist heap posted:

i'm picturing more like the jermaine o'neal sliding death punch right into an overhand right

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I thought Boston was a 3-4 (leaning to 4) seed before Hayward injured himself .

Now probably Milwaukee is better as well and also maybe Miami

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

zoux posted:

An injury effectively ended Kobe's career sooooo

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

euphronius posted:

Like I said, Boston will win 44 games.

Which is probably a 5th seed in the east unless Milwalkee makes a jump

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
We got two great games with storybook endings on the opening night, this is the greatest sport.

The Hayward injury is tragic and it got me down, both as a human being and as a fan of the sport. The Celtics were the one team that had a chance of being a threat to the Cavs in the playoffs, and now they're not favorites to make the ECF.

I guess Otto Porter could always have a breakout year.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

euphronius posted:

Cleveland, Toronto, Washington?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I have an extreme amount of faith in Brad Stevens. And Think Kyrie is underrated(round these parts, casual fans probably overrate him some) .

That Boston team will still be a top 3 team in the east.

Brad Stevens is a real good coach. And very coaches in the regular season can get teams to massively outperform their talent.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

aBagorn posted:

Cleveland, Toronto, Washington?

Washington 2 Toronto 3

Washington maybe even 1 if cle fucks around .

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dexo posted:

I have an extreme amount of faith in Brad Stevens. And Think Kyrie is underrated(round these parts, casual fans probably overrate him some) .

That Boston team will still be a top 3 team in the east.

Brad Stevens is a real good coach.

Kyrie Irving has a chance to go nuts and average 30 a game too, which will be fun.

I was pretty down on this celtics team to begin with, but not its just a crapshoot. I can see them winning 46 games still, but I can also see them finishing under .500 and being a tire fire. It's gonna be a crap shoot.

3rd seems like a stretch, though. Washington, Toronto, Milwaukee, Charlotte and obviously the Cavs all have pretty decent chances to be better than them.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

that most unbelieveable part of the niko story is him charging towards anything instead of standing 30 feet away from bobby and throwing pump fake punches

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

that most unbelieveable part of the niko story is him charging towards anything instead of standing 30 feet away from bobby and throwing pump fake punches

He probably pumped the punch but Bobby Portis is the only defender in the world who would bite on a Niko Pump punch.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/920671080422850560

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/920652496959291393

Brand is Brolic.

Also lmao I dunno if these dudes fit with ESPN's dumb social media policy.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
In case any of you are like me and enjoy tacky T-shirts: https://www.homage.com/collections/basketball

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/920680733647056896

Holy poo poo dray got hurt last night?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/920652496959291393

Brand is Brolic.

Also lmao I dunno if these dudes fit with ESPN's dumb social media policy.

https://twitter.com/THEKIDMERO/status/920690412288905218

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Salvor_Hardin posted:

In case any of you are like me and enjoy tacky T-shirts: https://www.homage.com/collections/basketball

Oh man, I ran that Supersonics team ragged in TE.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

end of the third quarter, came up lame on his knee

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Nevermind, its speculation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's better than one-and-done imo

• Locked thread