Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

GoutPatrol posted:

please stop talking about my flakeiness

this was pandemonium right

Yes.

The funniest was a Taiwan goon who refused to meet me because he thought I was legit dangerous. He met the only Taiwan goon who I actually would consider potentially dangerous instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
Oh I remember seeing that guys post and wondering wtf was up with him.

And I'm not even a Taiwan goon.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

drat.

did he get out and kick it after?

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Australian Version, 10 blokes with brooms are standing around doing nothing and having a smoke.

Mother: fuckin council workers eh?

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Atlas Hugged posted:

Yes.

The funniest was a Taiwan goon who refused to meet me because he thought I was legit dangerous. He met the only Taiwan goon who I actually would consider potentially dangerous instead.

I was actually planning on having a run with one of the Taipei rugby squads when I was passing through and later read one of his posts where he said he played with them, was looking forward to seeing if I could pick him out but I ended up being busy and the guy with the team I talked to was flaky.

Is he still around?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I am legit dangerous.

Dangerously cheesy.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
And that’s not to mention the dude who turned out to be a spy

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Pirate Radar posted:

And that’s not to mention the dude who turned out to be a spy

This needs a post if anything ever did

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

I thought the official aussie word for cigarette was durry :confused:

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

peak debt posted:

I thought the official aussie word for cigarette was durry :confused:

Depends which area you are from, and your mood

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

simplefish posted:

This needs a post if anything ever did

Dude’s still around the forums as far as I know, though I never actually got his forums name so I’m not sure. I only hung out with him once, which is a shame since he seemed like a cool enough guy. There are two halves to the spy thing. The first involves some goon drama that I’m happily not party to and Line chatlogs being shared with people who weren’t meant to see them (thus, spying). The second involves a fun night out in Kaohsiung, an unknown amount of alcohol, and a gate guard who really should have been paying more attention and ends with a goon being caught trespassing on a Taiwanese navy base with a camera, and some heavy words like “espionage” and “prison” being thrown around. As far as I know he convinced them he was just very, very badly lost and they let him off the hook.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Pirate Radar posted:

Dude’s still around the forums as far as I know, though I never actually got his forums name so I’m not sure. I only hung out with him once, which is a shame since he seemed like a cool enough guy. There are two halves to the spy thing. The first involves some goon drama that I’m happily not party to and Line chatlogs being shared with people who weren’t meant to see them (thus, spying). The second involves a fun night out in Kaohsiung, an unknown amount of alcohol, and a gate guard who really should have been paying more attention and ends with a goon being caught trespassing on a Taiwanese navy base with a camera, and some heavy words like “espionage” and “prison” being thrown around. As far as I know he convinced them he was just very, very badly lost and they let him off the hook.

Imagine being a legit spy, and your cover being English teacher, and having to hang out with the morons you guys keep describing. I'd break into a navy base and get myself arrested as well.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Taiwan, and Taipei especially, is infamous for having a drama-bomb filled cliquey foreigner network. There's just not enough foreigners on the island and everyone knows everyone and in the low stakes world of English teaching you gotta find some way to make a pecking order.

Thailand, on the other hand, has an endless cesspool of deranged lunatics running around it. Like the pedophile who turned up dead. Or the alcoholic who called us from jail needing bail money after punching a dude's teeth out. Or the guy who threw himself off a bridge looking to score opiates from a hospital. Or the guy who poo poo in a trashcan outside of a school when the motorcycle taxi drivers refused to go buy drugs for him. Or the guy who immediately took his apartment deposit and bought drugs with it before we could stop him (to be fair those last three are the same guy). Or the other pedophile. Or the other other pedophile. Or the guy who did a runner on payday because he thought for sure he'd get treated better in China. Or the guy who spent his electric bill money on a handjob and had to hope that the lights wouldn't be turned out on his children. Etc.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Must have been some handjob.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
"I asked for the oldest, fattest woman they had because I wanted it to be believable."

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Today there's a bunch of nationalist trash on my Wechat wall by people who've never shown the singlest gently caress about the "motherland." I guess Uncle Xi is making them proud with as many governmental"What abouts?" as possible.

Pham Nuwen posted:

Wow that's not a very nice way to talk about your dad!

Anyway because Diwali is coming up we just got a giant package of stuff including a big stack of homemade chikki. This one appears to be coconut, almond, and sesame seed, and I think there was some lemon or lime juice mixed in with the sugar syrup.

My mother-in-law also sent me a Buddha figure that contains a sack of lavender inside so it dispenses fragrance. I think she thinks I'm a Buddhist, this is the second Buddha she's bought me in the last year.
LOL, at the time my dad wasn't so bad looking. He was in shape, swam daily, ate decently, and was looking to start an export business from SE Asia. My Thai mom isn't all that much younger than him, unlike his friend who decided marry some little piggy that was like 20+ years younger. That chick was and is gross, and we still make fun of her and him.

Chikki owns so hard. There are like six or so varieties at the market near me, and all are on a 2-for-1 sale that's really bad for a compulsive buy. I am addicted to the peanut one, but I still want to try to sesame or the variety seed versions.

The guy I buy milk from wanted to ask how diwali is for me today.

Him: "Sir, how are you enjoying deeeepaaaahwully?"
Me: "What?"
Him: "Diiiiipaaaaaaaaaaaahwlly"
Me: "Say again?"
Him: "Dipaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahwulllllly"
Me:"Ooohh... It's very loud."
Him: "Yes, sir, loud is very good. Loud. Good. Great."
Me: "Yes."

ladron posted:

depends on whether you count weed as a drug
I don't do the weed.

Devils Affricate posted:

Haier why do you always say "my Thai mom"? Do you have more than one mom or do you just feel the need to always point out that your mom is Thai?
She's my step-mom and she's Thai, so that's how I differentiate. My own mom is not Mother China, or Chinese. She's Native American.

Devils Affricate posted:

Valve should just block reviews from China altogether. It's not like they're ever going to provide meaningful feedback even when they aren't pissed off.
TBH, I am ready for China to block access to most of the websites they can use now without a VPN. They are so cranky online. I thought my Instagram was getting harassed by ABCs, but on further inspection I found it to be fuerdai overseas students. I wish we could figure how to keep them from our open internet even when they travel abroad.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Atlas Hugged posted:

Thailand, on the other hand, has an endless cesspool of deranged lunatics running around it.

tbf, I think that's mostly just bangkok. and pattaya. mostly.

Bajaj posted:

I don't do the weed.

this date is over

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Bajaj posted:

The guy I buy milk from

super bowl to u

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Outrail posted:

Imagine being a legit spy, and your cover being English teacher, and having to hang out with the morons you guys keep describing. I'd break into a navy base and get myself arrested as well.

I think that’s the next Seth Rogen/James Franco movie, actually.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

gently caress Diwali is on Thursday fuckkk

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Bajaj posted:

The guy I buy milk from

My friend Contracts, many of us fellow whites have been tricked by those dirty PILIPINO to buying into milks on street but be careful as they will CHEAT and LIE about milk coming from man or woman! Only Indian people can be trusted to sell you good milk from biggest bobs and super bowls.

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
China Goddam

The internet's gotten me so upset
Uncle Xi made me lose my rest
And everybody knows about China Goddam

Can't you see it
Can't you smell it
It's all in the air
I can't stand the smog much longer
Somebody say a prayer

Laduzi's gotten me so upset
Buzzcuts made me lose my rest
And everybody knows about China Goddam

This is a show tune
But the show hasn't been written for it, yet

Jingchas hot on my trail
Medicine's an old wive's tale
Rental bikes cross my path
I think every day's gonna be my last

Lord have mercy on these bowels of mine
We all gonna get it in due time
I don't belong here
I don't belong there
I've been reduced to fake child care

Don't tell me
I tell you
Me and my people just about due
I've been there and I'm a good guy
Yet they keep on saying me 'Lao wai!'

I got into visa trouble
'Lao wai!'
Too many crazy women
'Lao wai!'
Stealing the tuition
'Lao wai!'
You're just plain rotten
'Lao wai!'
You're too drat lazy
'Lao wai!'
The thinking's crazy
'Lao wai!'
Where am I going
What am I doing
I don't know
I don't know

Just try to do your very best
Stand up be counted with all the rest
For everybody knows about China God....dam!

I made you thought I was drinkin' hot water

Skipping lines
Gettin a case of the squats
They try to say it's a foreigner plot
All I want is equality
For my sister my brother my people and me

Yes you lied to me all these years
You told me to use chopsticks and count the tiers
And talk real fine just like I'm "hao ke ai"
And you'd stop calling me a drat Lao Wai

Oh but this whole country is full of lies
You're all gonna die and die like flies
I don't trust you any more
You keep on saying to me 'Go home!'
'Go home!'

Whenever I have trouble
'Go home!'
The smallest complaint
'Go home!'
Boss stealing my salary
'Go home!'
Want to eat Western
'Go home!'
Try to speak Chinese
'Go home!'
I hate your ingrained racism
'Go home!'
Why don't you see it
Why don't you feel it
I don't know
I don't know

You don't want to live next to me
I completely gave up on equality
Everybody knows about Hot Pot
Everybody knows about VPNs
Everybody knows about China Goddam

THAT'S IT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghhaREDM3X8

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

McGavin posted:

Must have been some handjob.

who the gently caress buys a hand job....

one that note i went with my neighbor once to a massage place her friend recommended we pull up and i am seeing some red flags namely the location of the strip mall and i go "is this a rub and tug?"

she was like "huh? whats that"

we get in no one at the desk i am starting to freak out looking for the massage licenses and i see them i start to calm down thinking "okay this place is legit" Then I see all the names are chinese, I flash back to this thread and go "oh poo poo thats bad"

Then my nieghbor calls my attention to the "menu" on the counter going "huh whats this?" pointing at the "two girl option"

"we should leave I tell her"

she replies with "you've had that before?"

I later learn that she did an edible just before we left and it was hiting her pretty hard. Then the lady from back comes out.

I later learn that she called the place her friend recommended but they didnt answer so she just found that place on google.

A month later she stops by my apartment saying "hey i found a groupon for a massage place" to which I go "OH NOO NOT AFTER LAST TIME"

She comes back from that one in a strange mood cause she basically roofied her self before the massage and the dude almost molested her.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Ups_rail posted:

Supposedly in Korea hand job salons are all over the place. I made a mistake my first week teaching English because I came in with a haircut and my Korean co-teacher thought it would make good banter at the start of class to ask me about it. I said I had just been to the barber and his face immediately soured.

"A barber is a place men go," and he changed the subject.

Later he chastised me for not saying hair dresser because didn't I know the word was culturally loaded in Korea?

How dare I speak English as an English speaker would speak it in English class.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Ups_rail posted:

Atlas Hugged posted:

wasn't it spicy?

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Atlas Hugged posted:

Supposedly in Korea hand job salons are all over the place. I made a mistake my first week teaching English because I came in with a haircut and my Korean co-teacher thought it would make good banter at the start of class to ask me about it. I said I had just been to the barber and his face immediately soured.

Later he chastised me for not saying hair dresser because didn't I know the word was culturally loaded in Korea?

I wonder how a black barber shop would do in korea....

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBWItLu3IWg

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Ups_rail posted:

if you mean one that deals with African hair well, there are a few in the foreigner districts near army bases, and they usually do quite well.

if you mean a rub-and-tug, bear in mind these women are not the highest quality, the lowest weight, or the youngest demographic.

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Hydraulic dump truck breaking.
https://i.imgur.com/u11xIh2.gifv

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Ups_rail posted:

An acquaintance of mine is Korean, and he told me a story once about how his Korean grandpa was visiting the US when he was a kid, probably in the mid 90s? and they were driving around and his grandpa saw a black guy on the side of the road having car trouble and rolled down the window so he could yell "gently caress YOU N******."

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Ups_rail posted:

That evacuated shopping mall springs to mind.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Atlas Hugged posted:

Prostitution is illegal in Korea.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

McGavin posted:

Prostitution is illegal in Korea.

It's illegal in Thailand too!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Its probably even illegal in Chinar

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Bajaj posted:

I'm quoting this because someone else quoted it, but loving LMAO at the guy walking up with his hands in his pockets to take a look and then going back. This is such an apt description of Mainland compassion and society.

Edit: I thought I was in the China thread.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Just a reminder that Hooker Hill in Itaewon was named literally.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Atlas Hugged posted:

It's illegal in Thailand too!

“You don’t understand,” he said calmly, resting his hand gently on my shoulder. “Prostitution is illegal in Korea”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

hakimashou posted:

An acquaintance of mine is Korean, and he told me a story once about how his Korean grandpa was visiting the US when he was a kid, probably in the mid 90s? and they were driving around and his grandpa saw a black guy on the side of the road having car trouble and rolled down the window so he could yell "gently caress YOU N******."

sounds about right

• Locked thread