Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

I'm tangled in the web of this lovely convoluted metaphor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

A frontrunner for "Most Easily Reinterpreted"

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

You know why you broads keep getting harassed? Political correctness.

Anyhoo, let's listen to some Arcade Fire, shall we? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iHk6f6vvS4

I know a time is coming
All words will lose their meaning
Please show me something that isn't mine
But mine is the only kind that I relate to
Le mirroir casse
The mirror casts mon reflet partout
Black mirror

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Sick burn doing the exact thing Jimmy Kimmel doesn't care about.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

This is so wonderfully petty, down to the detail of the guy carrying the box upside down.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

quote:

Look at that perspective in the third panel.

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

This is so wonderfully petty, down to the detail of the guy carrying the box upside down.

Looking back, I can't even tell. Is this supposed to still be about the protests?

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Ularg posted:

Looking back, I can't even tell. Is this supposed to still be about the protests?

I genuinely dont think even Lester himself knows anymore.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Ularg posted:

Kaepernick hasn't been signed to a team, so this is basically making fun of him for losing his position as a result of the protests and saying the rest of the 49ers will be out as well if they don't stop protesting.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Pretty sure the average starting 49er has/will make more money than Lester ever will.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Despera posted:

Pretty sure the average starting 49er has/will make more money than Lester ever will.

I'm sure one of the many concepts Lester doesn't get is that if you have enough money saved up, you can afford to retire early, or at least live comfortably while unemployed for awhile.

Then again, since this is about Black People having a problem with something, Lester probably just assumes they already spent it all on spinner rims and gold teeth.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Mr. Fish now drawing Undertale fanart.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Ularg posted:

Look at that perspective in the third panel.

Shan't.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Y'know...sometimes I see comics like these and get mad. Other times, all I can do is shake my head and hope that the author starts intensive talk therapy really soon. This one falls into the latter category.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Man those pink hats really pissed off Republicans huh

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Ularg posted:

I'm gonna loving do it.

Aaand my anxiety kicked in.

I can't find his twitter.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Is it this?

https://twitter.com/mikelester?lang=en

I'd do it, but I'm not on Twitter. But I'm eager to see his reaction to that edit, if someone is brave enough to retweet him.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It is his account, yep.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Don't touch the poop.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

A frontrunner for "Most Easily Reinterpreted"

Yeah, Charlotte is an admirable and selfless hero and her action is what saves the life of her friend.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Iron Crowned posted:

He was responsible for Air Bud? He really is a monster!

Did the dog have to sleep with him to get a casting call for that movie?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Xander77 posted:

This is hopefully the first and last time I'm participating in the American Football chat that periodically floods this thread: by analogy with actual football, who the gently caress thinks penalty calls made against their team are justified?

Unlike in FIFA football, NFL football has a lot of downtime, so people see everything that happens multiple times, often in slow motion. It's harder to pretend your team is faultless when you can clearly see them making illegal plays.

Students praying on their own initiative, alone or in self-organized groups, has been consistently protected you dumb poo poo. Go gently caress yourself with a liquor bottle.

God is all that in the last month?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Despera posted:

Conservatives are very keenly aware that these black men are making a lot of money and therefore have absolutely no reason to care about their fellow man.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Cat Mattress posted:

Yeah, Charlotte is an admirable and selfless hero and her action is what saves the life of her friend.

Plus, all the things on the web are good things.

Equal pay for women, also stop sexually assaulting them! Stop shooting everyone!

I mean, what sort of worthless gently caress head do you have to be to look at those things and say "Yeah, gently caress those ideas."?
It is a rhetorical question, we all already know.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
I like how Liquid Nitrogen Man looks so blissful inside his ice cocoon.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson and Foreign Office questions – Boris Johnson, the foreign secretary, said it was now time for the EU to “get serious” about the Brexit talks"

Telegraph:

Kurdish forces abandon long-held lands to Iraqi army and Shia fighters

Independent:

Brexit talks must speed up, Theresa May and Jean-Claude Juncker say

Times:

Evening Standard:

Brexit: cabinet split as Amber Rudd calls no-deal ‘unthinkable’

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ularg posted:

I'm gonna loving do it.

Aaand my anxiety kicked in.

Oh, just do it. I wrote a sarcastic email to Brooke McEldowney once (of 9 Chickweed Lane) complaining about his comic strip, and got an equally vitriolic letter back.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Internet Kraken posted:

Man those pink hats really pissed off Republicans huh

The GOP: scared of pussies wherever they occur.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Sagebrush posted:

Oh, just do it. I wrote a sarcastic email to Brooke McEldowney once (of 9 Chickweed Lane) complaining about his comic strip, and got an equally vitriolic letter back.

Is that guy dead yet?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

the_steve posted:

Plus, all the things on the web are good things.

Equal pay for women, also stop sexually assaulting them! Stop shooting everyone!

I mean, what sort of worthless gently caress head do you have to be to look at those things and say "Yeah, gently caress those ideas."?
It is a rhetorical question, we all already know.

Also, how much of a loving hypocrite do you have to be to attack the Democrats over Harvey Weinstein and then turn around and bash #MeToo?

(The answer, of course, is that Branco doesn't actually give a poo poo about what Weinstein did, and for all I know may believe it's totally fine for a powerful man to trade career advancement for sexual favors. It's just a convenient club to hit Democrats with.)

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Conservatives are very keenly aware that these black men are making a lot of money and therefore have absolutely no reason to care about their fellow man.

Getting conservatives to hate guns is as easy as giving them to black men.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I can't imagine how much furor and terror would result if BLM ever did one of those "open carry protests".

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Lurdiak posted:

I can't imagine how much furor and terror would result if BLM ever did one of those "open carry protests".

Isn't that how we got gun control laws in the first place?
The Black Panthers started open carrying, and white people flipped out because the thought that black people were also allowed to carry guns never occurred to them?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

the_steve posted:

The Black Panthers started open carrying, and white people flipped out because the thought that black people were also allowed to carry guns never occurred to them?

It's a big part of how they got started here in California, at least. Heck, Reagan was the one who signed them into law.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

the_steve posted:

Imagine if Fox and Friends had been around back then.

I think they had those two philly black panthers outside a voting office on regularly for years.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Keiya posted:

Students praying on their own initiative, alone or in self-organized groups, has been consistently protected you dumb poo poo. Go gently caress yourself with a liquor bottle.

God is all that in the last month?

A guy at my office is convinced Christians are expelled if they are caught praying in public schools, even public Universities. I've tried to correct him but he just waits patiently till I'm done explaining I used to be part of a Christian student club at a public University to tell me how wrong I am and how oppressed Christians are.

I'm curious if you counted up all the scandals that have occurred in just these first ten months of Trump's presidency would the total be larger than the combined total of scandals of all previous presidencies. A whole lot of poo poo had happened since Cheeto took office.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 19, 2017

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I'm curious if you counted up all the scandals that have occurred in just these first ten months of Trump's presidency would the total be larger than the combined total of scandals of all previous presidencies. A whole lot of poo poo had happened since Cheeto took office.

"All previous presidencies?" Not even close. But probably more than any specific one.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

SwitchbladeKult posted:

More "gaffes" or "insane poo poo the President said that would have hounded any other till the end of his term" - yeah, def.

More actual scandals? Probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

• Locked thread