Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiFAeluRtao

I get why he uses a translator. Putin speaking English makes him sound three feet tall.

Is there such a thing as a not-good dog?

Dejawesp fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

logosanatic posted:

like hillarys poll numbers. everyone should know whatever the polls show go ahead and push it at least 5% in the gop direction because conservatives vote and liberals are busy social media'ing

logosanatic's amazing hot take

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

captain jack sparrow

That's only the second silliest thing on there

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

logosanatic posted:

like hillarys poll numbers. everyone should know whatever the polls show go ahead and push it at least 5% in the gop direction because conservatives vote and liberals are busy social media'ing

This is dumb. The polls literally were not wrong. They were just national polls, not state by state polls, and the people who were pro-Hillary lived in all the wrong places (i.e. not in hell).

The real thing is that national polling is not as important as polling in the Rust Belt.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Polls indicated Clinton would win Virginia by an average of 5.3%. She won by 5.4%.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

theflyingorc posted:

I'm sorry but Ted Cruz actually embracing the Zodiac Killer thing is amazing and by far the best thing he's ever done.

You're allowed to still hate him but Ted Cruz just implied he was the Zodiac Killer, that's astounding
it was a staffer

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

theflyingorc posted:

I'm sorry but Ted Cruz actually embracing the Zodiac Killer thing is amazing and by far the best thing he's ever done.

You're allowed to still hate him but Ted Cruz just implied he was the Zodiac Killer, that's astounding

I'm ok with it because "Yes, I do totally remind you of a creepy serial killer" is just not an endearing or winning strategy just because Ted leans in. He's only acknowledging that he makes our skin crawl and really highlighting it some more.

Ted Cruz always fucks up these things because he doesn't get human humor and that we don't connect with stuff like this.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

theflyingorc posted:

https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/824048983869890560
https://twitter.com/deadspin/status/824057420221513728

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

STAC Goat posted:

I'm ok with it because "Yes, I do totally remind you of a creepy serial killer" is just not an endearing or winning strategy just because Ted leans in. He's only acknowledging that he makes our skin crawl and really highlighting it some more.

Ted Cruz always fucks up these things because he doesn't get human humor and that we don't connect with stuff like this.

Nah. It's loving funny.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Genuine question:

Do any of the people accusing Jill Stein of collusion with Russia have anything to go on besides this single photo? It gets posted every time the topic comes up, and has already been addressed by her several times.

she doesn't have to collude with russia to be their tool. at best she's a self-serving useful idiot. part of her hitting back on the russia ties was accusing the DNC of sabotaging sanders and even pushing trump as a spoiler candidate. all while she can't bring herself to denounce anti-vax and other leftist woo arguments. all russia has to do is promote her to strip away some dem support among fringe voters

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I shouldn't have looked at the comments, I think some people there genuinely thought Ted Cruz went to Duke :smith:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Reporter: Did the president say "he knew what he signed up for?"
Shucks: Uhhh... The President's statement as witnessed by multiple people... uhh they said it was totally respectful and uhhhh... he was deeply sympathetic and uhhh... anyone who tries to twist it is wrong.

So Trump definitely said it.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Lucania posted:

Link :

How long before he doubles (triples?) down?

Triples. He is blaming the war widow for not understanding him,rather than admitting he was somehow at fault in his word choice or actions.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Ben Sasse: The guy who lectures about how no one knows civics anymore and votes to steal a SCOTUS seat because he wants a reactionary scumbag there for 30 years.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 18, 2017

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Genuine question:

Do any of the people accusing Jill Stein of collusion with Russia have anything to go on besides this single photo? It gets posted every time the topic comes up, and has already been addressed by her several times.

I understand the hate that Assange gets, but this always seems like the "spoiler candidate" argument getting mixed with the Russian dupe nonsense just because she sat at a table with Putin once and didn't even talk to him. Is there anything else to back up those accusations or is it all really generated from that one photo?

Well for one, her own account of that dinner is wrong. German diplomat?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

eyebeem posted:

Nah. It's loving funny.

Ted just ruined a fun joke because it isn't funny once he embraces it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Papercut posted:

Jokes on you, the German diplomat to Russia is that large bread roll.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Trabisnikof posted:

Ted isn't great at humor, but he tries. You gotta remember, English is very different from his native language, which is a combination of dancing, vibrating thoraxes, and beating wings to inform the colony news.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

Someone admiring they come off like a notorious serial killer is pretty drat funny, IMO. How exactly do you spin that in a good way?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

logosanatic posted:

Hillary overperformed in some states and underperformed in others, well within the margin of error of the polls for the nation as a whole. But state polling in most swing states was not very good.

She was expected to win Florida, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin, but didn't. But she was still within a standard polling error at all times.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

VideoGameVet posted:

A unkowning tool?

This is a fake picture. None of the Russians are wearing Adidas or squatting.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Genuine question:

I understand the hate that Assange gets, but this always seems like the "spoiler candidate" argument getting mixed with the Russian dupe nonsense just because she sat at a table with Putin once and didn't even talk to him. Is there anything else to back up those accusations or is it all really generated from that one photo?

The Green Party has always helped the GOP win elections.

They have accepted $$$ from GOP organizations as well.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

VideoGameVet posted:

The Green Party has always helped the GOP win elections.

They have accepted $$$ from GOP organizations as well.

Does the Libertarian party help Democrats win elections?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The green party also directly contributes to child suffering. Jill Stein's a piece of poo poo.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BarbarianElephant posted:

yes, in that they act as spoilers who leech votes from the more ideologically aligned ticket

the libertarian party is somewhat organized though and has a coherentish ideology distinct from the GOP even if they are just the right wing minor leagues. the green party is just a mixed bag of idiot ideas too niche or stupid for the democrats, meaning that it attracts goofy voters who care too much about radical environmentalism, veganism, opposing genetic engineering, opposing nuclear power, etc.

like, the libertarians compete in downticket and local races. the greens basically shoot for the presidency and don't bother establishing a presence in local races

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Here's what SHuckS had to say about the Kelly situation.
https://twitter.com/alivitali/status/920725038239834121
https://twitter.com/alivitali/status/920728528257212421
https://twitter.com/alivitali/status/920729295101800448
https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/920728354181042176

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

guys

imagine if our potus was good

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

enraged_camel posted:

guys

imagine if our potus was good

hosed up if true.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Genuine question:

Well, the Russian trolls who infiltrated left-leaning groups promoted her quite a bit. This certainly doesn't mean she colluded with them, but she also downplayed the idea of Russian interference in the election.

BarbarianElephant posted:

Yes, but not as much, because it can pull from both left and right - depending on whether the libertarian in question cares more about economic or social libertarianism.

Some other weirdos like the Constitution Party do, but they are nowhere near as big as Greens.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the Trump guy on CNN is just going "Kelly said it was ok so that's the final word." That's the angle the White House is taking here. The story is true and Trump said it but Kelly's approval outweighs the mother's disapproval or widow's tears.

I want to say that won't work and will be a disaster but its 2017 so I don't know anymore.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Genuine question:

Listen to her own constant stream of pro-Kremlin denialism.

http://americablog.com/2017/07/jill-stein-goes-pro-russia-rant-calls-election-interference-conspiracy-theory.html

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

boner confessor posted:

the libertarian party is somewhat organized though and has a coherentish ideology distinct from the GOP

Yeah gently caress the poor and then smoke pot.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dejawesp posted:

Yeah gently caress the poor and then smoke pot.

see? the gop would gently caress the poor while disavowing drugs and binge drinking / snorting cocaine in secret

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Thanks deadspin for making me feel sorry for Ted Cruz

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Despera posted:

The gently caress is wrong with you.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Despera posted:

Stop reading deadspin.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

It’s not like she’s that far off. Russia didn’t fill this country with spiteful white assholes

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/920683617847795715

Does he think bipartisan is an entity?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Papercut posted:

Uhh...

Thanks for the other responses though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Uhh...

Thanks for the other responses though.

That is truly the shittiest table you could possibly end up at.

For everyone sitting there.

• Locked thread