Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Didn’t boniface end up being some shithead left “journalist” too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

business hammocks posted:

Didn’t boniface end up being some shithead left “journalist” too?

boniface is jeb lund, dunno about his politics cuz i dont read any lefty blogs

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Al! posted:

boniface is a generic lefty journalist now. seems too boring to be a sexpest though

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Al! posted:

he wrote a book review of ready player one about how bad it was

oh and also how Jeb! is a big piece of poo poo who sucks

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i do like that a lot of "leftist" academics, journalists and bloggers outed themselves as liberals this year w/r/t the nazi punching question

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

Ivan Thorne and The Golden One are great because, even if you do live up to the physical ideals of toxic masculinity it won't make you any less of a dork. But where The Golden One expresses a genuine confidence, Ivan Thorne is 100% affect. Everything about him is practiced and cultivated, to the point where he's like the Hillary Clinton of fitness dorks.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

i do like that a lot of "leftist" academics, journalists and bloggers outed themselves as liberals this year w/r/t the nazi punching question

cracked chimed in that punching nazis was bad then the head editor left and now punching nazis is good

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

also that freddie deboer falsely called a guy out for sexual harassment and then self destructed

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

There's a switch in their brains labeled "free speech" that if it ever gets tripped they instantly turn into a cop.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Dang this is good as hell

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

also that freddie deboer falsely called a guy out for sexual harassment and then self destructed
haha geeze

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Ivan Thorne and The Golden One are great because, even if you do live up to the physical ideals of toxic masculinity it won't make you any less of a dork. But where The Golden One expresses a genuine confidence, Ivan Thorne is 100% affect. Everything about him is practiced and cultivated, to the point where he's like the Hillary Clinton of fitness dorks.

Golden One would actually be pretty adorable if he weren’t a loving nazi woman-hater.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I still can't stop thinking about why his book cover has Hebrew printed on it.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

quote:

The Jameis Winston and Woody Allen sexual assault cases saw the rise of resistance to any discussion whatsoever of due process and rights of the accused, and in the way of their culture, online progressives moved quickly to a place where anyone mentioning those rights at all were immediately and angrily denounced, and accused of insufficient resistance to (if not outright support for) rape and rape culture.

here he is carrying water for woody allen lol

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

got into a spat with a liberal that said that violent resistance/threats of violence will only serve to help the organization of nazis, and that only nonviolent activity is acceptable, and he mentioned people firing KKK members as an example. He did not like it when I pointed out that firing someone is threatening to inflict violence if they try to work there again. :shepface:

"when has violence stopped a political movement it was inflicted against?" :psyduck:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I still can't stop thinking about why his book cover has Hebrew printed on it.

they believe that if they could only harness jewish magic for themselves they will control the world, the way jews do

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Ruzihm posted:

got into a spat with a liberal that said that violent resistance/threats of violence will only serve to help the organization of nazis, and that only nonviolent activity is acceptable, and he mentioned people firing KKK members as an example. He did not like it when I pointed out that firing someone is threatening to inflict violence if they try to work there again. :shepface:

"when has violence stopped a political movement it was inflicted against?" :psyduck:

also getting someone fired from their job is 100% violence

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Premeditation, lawyer man

temple has issued a correction as of 21:04 on Oct 18, 2017

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

drat talk about a rare pepe

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Al! posted:

here he is carrying water for woody allen lol

jameis winston absolutely raped that woman

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ruzihm posted:

i would've replied, well, just ask anyone who was in the communist party of indonesia if you can find one.

stray thought but while i think nazi punching in 2017 has been effective at fragmenting the far right (people who were dabbling in the alt-right like gavin/cernovich distanced themselves), i wonder if it helps harden bonds between people who were already full fash. well, might not make much of a difference either way but i wonder. they're gonna fash either way.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i would've replied, well, just ask anyone who was in the communist party of indonesia if you can find one.

stray thought but while i think nazi punching in 2017 has been effective at fragmenting the far right (people who were dabbling in the alt-right like gavin/cernovich distanced themselves), i wonder if it helps solidify bonds between people who were already fully radicalized.

chances are any fully radicalized nazi got that way in the aryan brotherhood in prison rather than reading about nazis getting punched over the internet

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Folks in Gainesville are reporting rumors that the Nazis will march through town tonight.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

stray thought but while i think nazi punching in 2017 has been effective at fragmenting the far right (people who were dabbling in the alt-right like gavin/cernovich distanced themselves), i wonder if it helps harden bonds between people who were already full fash. well, might not make much of a difference either way but i wonder. they're gonna fash either way.
Some are gonna go down that road no matter what, the best that can be hoped for is to make sure that they're on the fringe of discourse and have no power.

That said, what I think gets lost in "punch Nazis vs. stay home and eat cake" is exactly why punching Nazis, or even potentially staying home and eating cake, is effective. The point isn't necessarily to make them afraid to turn out, it's to make the wider public view them as silly, weak, and powerless, and so rob them of any appeal to that larger group of disaffected losers who will do or say anything so long as it gets them social acceptance and a group of friends.

Some of the time, the good folks in antifa going out and punching Nazis is the best way, sometimes it's a mass counter-rally like happened in Boston where all the news showed a few scared Nazis surrounded by a huge mass of people or when Spencer went to the South took a poo poo on Football and Jesus and a mob chased him off, and sometimes it's just ignoring them like with these chickenshit rallies that disperse before folks even know they're there.

I view actual Nazi punching as something that should only happen when other methods of humiliating them aren't going to work, mostly for the reason that you outline. It does have the potential to harden a core group, whereas the other methods really do not, but it is something that, if things get bad enough, always needs to be on the table.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

SpaceGoku posted:

drat talk about a rare pepe

hahahahah

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Zeroisanumber posted:

Folks in Gainesville are reporting rumors that the Nazis will march through town tonight.

wish i didnt have a job so i could be there tonight n tomorrow waving a flag around w some comrades

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

freddie deboer is mentally unstable and has basically totally withdrawn from the internet, being Mad about him still is pretty dumb

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Some men collect stamps, Al! collects grudges

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Some men collect stamps, Al! collects grudges

actual photo of al!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

StashAugustine posted:

actual photo of al!

Boy, how bad is it that I get this deep cut and have never played Warhammer?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

http://www.ceh.org/news-events/press-releases/content/sperm-damaging-lead-alex-jones-supplements/

quote:

Sperm-damaging Lead Found in Alex Jones Infowars Dietary Supplements

National health watchdog launches legal action against Alex Jones’ Infowars LLC to eliminate the toxic threat from products aimed at healthy lifestyle consumers

Oakland, CA—Independent testing commissioned by national health watchdog the Center for Environmental Health (CEH) found high levels of lead in two Alex Jones Infowars products. Tests found that two supplements sold on Alex Jones’ Infowars store contained significant levels of lead well in excess of California Proposition 65 limits. Lead is a dangerous chemical well known to have devastating developmental impacts on children. Crucial, but less well-known are its effects on men, including sperm damage, heart disease, and high blood pressure. One of the Alex Jones products tested had more than six times the daily limit under Proposition 65.

Yesterday, CEH initiated legal action under California’s Proposition 65 against Infowars LLC and its affiliate Free Speech Systems LLC, for failing to warn consumers about the high levels of lead in their products and urging the company to recall products already sold. “It is not only ironic, but tragic, when we find lead in dietary supplements, since consumers are ingesting the toxic chemical with every sip and swallow,” said CEH Executive Director Michael Green. “These products are supposed to enhance human health and performance, not lead to increased risk of heart attacks and sperm damage.”

The chemical was found in the Infowars Caveman Paleo Formula and the Info Wars Myco-ZX supplements. People who take the daily recommended dose of the Formula product would ingest more than twice the daily limit for lead under California law. People who take the Myco-ZX product would ingest more than six times the daily limit for lead under California law. The products were purchased online at the infowarsshop.com website.

alex jones doing his best for the NWO demonic white genocide

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

impressive that alex jones found a type of lead that can specifically damage sperm

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Thanks for the thread title change. It is good.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol nice

but that motherfucker should be in jail. As a multiple felon, who was arrested for yet another felony at the nazi rally in berkeley, he could have been denied bail...so of course they let him post bail lol. When the gently caress is he finally gonna go on trial

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

please call him ivan toilet when talking to him on twitter

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Make a "Feminism isn't bad" meme on imgur and watch the "well actually-" comments roll in from people who put "gamer" in their profiles

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the comedic irony of this is just all too perfect

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Zeroisanumber posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Why are college towns always the most racist