Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
No Tamamo, but I got a Carmilla so I guess that's cool too.

Only one Halloween Liz and two ascencion candies to go. Then I can just work on the CEs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I got 2 super successes in a row getting Salter to 50 and thought... gently caress it, one ticket and I got Robin Hood so I think I've disavowed myself of that gacha superstition as forever.
But also... not too unhappy to have Robin Hood haha.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Suaimhneas posted:

Both guerilla quests I've done so far have dropped three pumpkins on top of the one for completion, so they seem worth doing to me!

I didn't get any pumpkin drops from all three of the guerilla quests you bastard. :negative:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The event feels kind of hosed if I'm honest. Pumpkin Drops are somehow incredibly rare, but the event shop also incentivizes you to get a bunch right off the bat so you prioritize using the Petite Devil CE...which means you're using up a spot for a different event currency boost.

The end goal is 10 Pumpkins per day if you want to get the 150 needed for all the important shop items, and that's looking like a mighty tall order unless you use up at least 2-3 apples every day and do nothing but the 40AP. I guess the Guerilla Quest frequency will start to increase so maybe that'll do the trick.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I've gotten Maid in Halloween from spending pumpkins - I'd really like the rank 10 skill up gear, but that's what's cut if I need to cut something

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I guess the Guerilla Quest frequency will start to increase so maybe that'll do the trick.

There are four coming up today, and if the Japanese version is anything to go by 4-5 per day should be the norm.

Lumen
Oct 12, 2009
Rolled a Tamamo, then got a Maid in Halloween to drop from the 40 stam dungeon :toot: today was a good day.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
After not getting any horseshoes in Okeanos I managed to get 4 today. 2 in one run!

Just you wait Tomoe, you're gonna be big and beefy and beautiful soon.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Its amazing how disappointing a gold drop can be when its just another lantern to add to the pile.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
What the hell 3 guerilla quests and not a single pumpkin drop.

This is a complete wadte of a Halloween Devil that I spent my quartz on.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'd like to thank my poor impulse control for paying off for once

e: and I just Great Success'd her up to 43 with the first batch of cards. I'm assuming a meteor is on its way even as i type this

a kitten fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 18, 2017

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Got Waver to third ascension but he ate all my QP in the process. I actually have to run treasure vaults for the first time since forever ago.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
... Uh... hi there. Was not expecting to see you here. :stare:

So... uh... pulling on a whim pays off again?

Between this and pulling Drake on a ticket, I'm scared to leave my house now. I feel like if I do, I'm going to die horribly in some kind of improbable accident to balance the karmic scale. :tinfoil:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

W.T. Fits posted:

... Uh... hi there. Was not expecting to see you here. :stare:

So... uh... pulling on a whim pays off again?

Between this and pulling Drake on a ticket, I'm scared to leave my house now. I feel like if I do, I'm going to die horribly in some kind of improbable accident to balance the karmic scale. :tinfoil:

It's not gonna be an accident!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

That's our hate-senpai!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I can live with not getting Tamamo, I've long come to terms with Jeanne being the only 5* I'll ever get who is actually useful (and even that was only after a ton of rerolling). What I'm having trouble dealing with is that despite having two Petite Devils there is a real possibility that not only will I be unable to clear out the important shop items thanks to really lovely pumpkin drops, but by even trying to do so I'm losing what chance I do have at getting the currencies for everything else.

E: At LEAST have a way to buy pumpkins in the shop, game!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I look forward to like a month from now where I will be able to update you all on how I feel after acquiring 800 quartz to roll for Okita. (Success notwithstanding.)

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Nate RFB posted:

I can live with not getting Tamamo, I've long come to terms with Jeanne being the only 5* I'll ever get who is actually useful (and even that was only after a ton of rerolling). What I'm having trouble dealing with is that despite having two Petite Devils there is a real possibility that not only will I be unable to clear out the important shop items thanks to really lovely pumpkin drops, but by even trying to do so I'm losing what chance I do have at getting the currencies for everything else.

E: At LEAST have a way to buy pumpkins in the shop, game!

At least you have a good 5*
All I have is friggin Altera.

The pumpkin drops ARE some bullshit though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

the_steve posted:

At least you have a 5*
All I have is friggin Marie

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/Cellix1/status/920455900879503362

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

the_steve posted:

At least you have a good 5*
All I have is friggin Altera.

The pumpkin drops ARE some bullshit though.

But you've got the best five star in the US ver right now? :confused:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

I'm living vicariously through the whale on my friends' list right now.

He took Vlad and Altria to NP5 while rolling for Drake, and never got her. That must have been painful, not to mention pricey. He did get Tamamo in a day, but the fact that every one of his supports has Little Halloween Devil suggests it was not easy.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Motto posted:

That's our hate-senpai!

Don't call me Hate-Senpai!

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Altera's elastic popsicle sword that shoots lasers and explodes is good and I wish I had her.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Altera is good, but I do wish Photon Ray was the Extella version.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

Altera is good, but I do wish Photon Ray was the Extella version.

We'll get tear drop photon ray if they ever add Moon Altera, probably.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

But you've got the best five star in the US ver right now? :confused:

My understanding was that she isn't all that great, as far as 5* goes, like, her NP buff is useful, but I thought that was as far as she goes.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Damnit, my first 5* servant shows up and it's Vlad. :mad:

Don't get me wrong, Vlad seems pretty cool... but he's not Tamamo.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The DEF down on her NP gives her greater value than, say, Arturia, I think. Definitely wasn't under the impression that she was considered one of the better 5*s, though.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
She's considered entirely average for a 5* in Japan right now.

As opposed to poor Altria.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

the_steve posted:

My understanding was that she isn't all that great, as far as 5* goes, like, her NP buff is useful, but I thought that was as far as she goes.

That doesn't preclude being the best.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Isn't she the best saber in NA right now?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Gamerofthegame posted:

Isn't she the best saber in NA right now?

I thought Salter was technically the best right now?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
While Altera doesn't have much utility in the NP front, she's still got one of the highest attack values, a decent self-heal and a decent self-buff that lasts 3 turns and creates a fair amount of stars, which she can attract following her skill upgrade.

So yeah, average. Not failtastic but not top of the pack.

Still good civilization.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
gently caress these pumpkin drop rates man. This is bad. At least all these bats I keep getting will help for when I eventually switch over to farming them.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I just straight up went for grinding the 30 ap one for now. I really want to max LB Halloween princess and slap it on Kintoki. I highly doubt I'll get it just like the moonfest one after a million runs and no CE.

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

From my further failed attempts to get Tamamo I have acquired Berserker Lancelot. Would a team of him, Atlantae, and Waver work as well as I think it would?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Gologle posted:

gently caress these pumpkin drop rates man. This is bad. At least all these bats I keep getting will help for when I eventually switch over to farming them.
As the guerilla quests will change as the event goes on, I can only imagine that the only way this event works is that in the ones in the later days will improve.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

the_steve posted:

I thought Salter was technically the best right now?

Artoria Alter have worse skills, Instinct is lower, Charisma is at the lowest rank, Magic Resistance is lower, and have no passive Riding skill.
Excalibur Morgan have higher damage multiplier, but have worse secondary effect.

But in terms of corresponding rank at the time, Artoria was near the top at the time (seems to be around November 2015)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I got all the Caster Liz items now, so no more stress, just gonna get whatever I can before the event is over.