Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I think a lot of the turn time problems w wh2 are that the camera settings are so loving bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

StashAugustine posted:

I think a lot of the turn time problems w wh2 are that the camera settings are so loving bad

I still don't get this. My only complaint is that I have to set my settings each time I start a campaign. Just turn off the camera.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Plan Z posted:

It's such a shame too because without considering its performance issues, Attila is one of my favorite TW games.

At the very least, you can cut certain factions out of the end turn sequence in TWW2. I wasn't particularly interested in what Parthava was doing while playing as Caledonia.

yeah every year or so since it came out I go "oh hey attila was really interesting why didn't i play more of it?" then i reinstall and remember

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
One of the best mods are the one that increases the travel speed for the camera during the end turn.

I like to see the enemy moves, but it can take ages over several continents.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
A SSD seemed to speed turn times up to make them almost trivial for me, never had an issue with Attila either

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Ammanas posted:

I still don't get this. My only complaint is that I have to set my settings each time I start a campaign. Just turn off the camera.

You want to be able to see your enemies moving poo poo near your borders? Do you just manually survey your domain and its vicinity at the start of every turn instead?

If anything, your complain is sillier, because instead of setting the camera to "off" for every faction you can just hit the fast forward button at the top to achieve the same effect.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
An SSD should be considered mandatory hardware for any PC mean to do gaming in 2017.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Zhulik posted:

You want to be able to see your enemies moving poo poo near your borders? Do you just manually survey your domain and its vicinity at the start of every turn instead?

I do.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Fans posted:

A SSD seemed to speed turn times up to make them almost trivial for me, never had an issue with Attila either

Yeah, It's really not that bad with a SSD. Especially after around 50 turns when a ton of factions have died off. It's only the beginning of each campaign that has longer load times, but I guess that's what most people experience

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i dont have an ssd and things aren't so bad that I consider 'requiring' an ssd. maybe I'm just patient

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I post between turns so :shrug:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The High Elf dlc factions are going to be Nagarythe and Avelorn, right? Since Saphery, Chrace and Caledor have all their unique stuff in-place already.

Would quite like Teclis to get relocated to Saphery instead of some random enclave.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Zhulik posted:

If anything, your complain is sillier, because instead of setting the camera to "off" for every faction you can just hit the fast forward button at the top to achieve the same effect.

I mean, yeah that's what I do. It's not much of a hindrance tbh

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

SSD doesn't effect turn speed, cpu does. The game is running autoresolve calculations and decision tree stuff. SSD makes transitions in and out of battle negligible.

Jum-Jum
Oct 23, 2013

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i dont have an ssd and things aren't so bad that I consider 'requiring' an ssd. maybe I'm just patient

I really recommend getting one or moving the game to an SSD, the loadtimes from campaign to battle and vice versa have a massive difference. Sure my HDD was a lovely one but going from a 2 minute loadtime to 20 seconds was a godsend.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Ammanas posted:

i do but i didnt notice until a campaign and a half in

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

My cpu is also probably getting long in the tooth, the early turns are actually the fastest ones; it's turn 100+ lothern and naggarond that noticably slow down the turns

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Warhammer I and II turns seem to go by much much faster than like Rome II or Attila, those take ages

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I haven't played HElves yet so I can't speak for the potency of Influence, but being able to use Food to colonize settlements at Tier II or III is easily the best racial bonus in the game.

Also they're so loving cute oh my god.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

It's useful in the beginning but after a while you have such hated enemies that you'll need like 200+ influence to be able to make a dent in the hate for an enemy you could probably just conquer more easily.

Food is nice to have but gently caress it's a headache sometimes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The best Maneater is this one

He saw a housewife berating her husband and from the way he was cowering he thought she must be a badass warrior.

Yukitsu
Oct 11, 2012

Snow=Yuki
Fox=Kitsune
Snow Fox=Yukitsu, ne?

MonsterEnvy posted:

He saw a housewife berating her husband and from the way he was cowering he thought she must be a badass warrior.

Watch out boy she'll chew you up
Ohhh here she comes

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

He may be the best Maneater but the best Gnoblar is this guy:

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Deified Data posted:

I haven't played HElves yet so I can't speak for the potency of Influence, but being able to use Food to colonize settlements at Tier II or III is easily the best racial bonus in the game.

Also they're so loving cute oh my god.

Personally I think that a settlement starting at level 2 or 3 doesn't speed up things all that much since early pop points need much less growth than the later ones, but being able to capture a province capital at level 5 is really nice.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Staltran posted:

Personally I think that a settlement starting at level 2 or 3 doesn't speed up things all that much since early pop points need much less growth than the later ones, but being able to capture a province capital at level 5 is really nice.

Being able to do this jump-starts the skaven campaign in a major way by opening up warp lightning cannons really early, which just break the game

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Ammanas posted:

Being able to do this jump-starts the skaven campaign in a major way by opening up warp lightning cannons really early, which just break the game

It's this, capping at higher level is more important early on, especially for Queek who needs to get artillery up ASAP to fight Krok-gar's doomstacks. Even if you start at level 2, you're still waiting probably 8 or 9 turns for growth, 3ish for the settlement to build, and then another 3-4 for the artillery building to get brought up and 15 turns is a real hard sell if you've already got Krok-Gar knocking at your door. Knocking with dinosaurs.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Wounded Morathi with a carnosaur (LLs must taste bad) and got the title Hagslayer for my Slann commander. It's the little things.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

rockopete posted:

Wounded Morathi with a carnosaur (LLs must taste bad) and got the title Hagslayer for my Slann commander. It's the little things.

Considering all the drugs she's on at all times I'm pretty sure the carnosaur didn't want to eat that.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

rockopete posted:

you get those for defeating all of the LLs, it's pretty great

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
Has anyone gotten as skaven the minor settlement defense map that's all foggy with a bunch of dead trees? There's a corner on that map where you cant be flanked and have insane high ground and you can do terrible terrible things.

Kroq came at me with a stack of solo carnos and big dinos and a normal stack and this happened

https://imgur.com/a/o5WK3

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

sassassin posted:

The High Elf dlc factions are going to be Nagarythe and Avelorn, right? Since Saphery, Chrace and Caledor have all their unique stuff in-place already.

Would quite like Teclis to get relocated to Saphery instead of some random enclave.

I would be shocked if the two added Legendary Lords for High Elves weren't from Caledor and Tor Yvresse. Prince Imrik of Caledor and Eltharion the Grim are pretty iconic. I couldn't even say which one was more awesome, they've both been around for ages in the game and both are just fantastic. Eltharion in particular has some fantastic lore tied to him, the only High Elf General to ever successfully raid the city of Naggarond and managed to (barely) live to tell the tale even before we start getting to the story of Grom the Paunch.

I freely admit to just having a ridiculous love of Imrik but I've always enjoyed his aesthetic and background as the last great descendant of the Caledor line, whose rule of a diminished land full of nobles clinging to old glories does not stop him from calling forth one of the mightiest of all dragons to aid him in protecting Ulthuan and mustering the grand armoured Dragon Princes to ride forth. There's lots of fantastic characters for the High Elves to choose from but for me when you talk about iconic High Elf characters it's definitely Teclic, Tyrion, Imrik and Eltharion in no particular order.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Ikit Claw making GBS threads lightning everywhere as a LL would be cool.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I would be shocked if the two added Legendary Lords for High Elves weren't from Caledor and Tor Yvresse. Prince Imrik of Caledor and Eltharion the Grim are pretty iconic. I couldn't even say which one was more awesome, they've both been around for ages in the game and both are just fantastic. Eltharion in particular has some fantastic lore tied to him, the only High Elf General to ever successfully raid the city of Naggarond and managed to (barely) live to tell the tale even before we start getting to the story of Grom the Paunch.

I freely admit to just having a ridiculous love of Imrik but I've always enjoyed his aesthetic and background as the last great descendant of the Caledor line, whose rule of a diminished land full of nobles clinging to old glories does not stop him from calling forth one of the mightiest of all dragons to aid him in protecting Ulthuan and mustering the grand armoured Dragon Princes to ride forth. There's lots of fantastic characters for the High Elves to choose from but for me when you talk about iconic High Elf characters it's definitely Teclic, Tyrion, Imrik and Eltharion in no particular order.

Honestly, I would have put Alith Anar and Alarielle above either Imrik or Eltharion, although I do think Imrik and Eltharion are super badass

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Yvresse could be interesting with the map opening out that direction but the way they've deliberately left shadow warriors and magical girl archers out of the high elf roster makes me think it's going to be their lords.

Korhil was always my favourite as a poor lad.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

sassassin posted:

Yvresse could be interesting with the map opening out that direction but the way they've deliberately left shadow warriors and magical girl archers out of the high elf roster makes me think it's going to be their lords.

Korhil was always my favourite as a poor lad.

I renamed the White Lion Lord you can get Korhil, I imagine many people did.

It would feel extremely weird to me to get High Elves and no Eltharion. The guy actually stopped the Vortex from overloading once, and he's gone into Naggarond right under Malekith's nose and slapped the poo poo out of everyone, and that was after a campaign of terror on the way through Naggaroth so efficient the Dark Elves had no idea they had been getting thrashed till their capital was on fire.

I honestly forget Alarielle was on the tabletop all the time.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

my warhammer tabletop is 100% diskwars where Alarielle is amazing and tyrion is kinda meh

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

MadJackMcJack posted:

Is there any word on if the ogres will be DLC?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So every time the AI initiates a battle when it hits the result screen the game crashes. Is there anything I can do to stop that from happening?

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Hunt11 posted:

So every time the AI initiates a battle when it hits the result screen the game crashes. Is there anything I can do to stop that from happening?

Try turning off all camera options on the campaign map. (Top left of the screen.)

Verify game files in Steam.

Change the affinity of the .exe file to CPU 0 only.
http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?133245-Dual-processor-Crashing-during-or-after-battle-Solution-Found%21

Use DirectX 11, not 12. But try 12 anyway.
https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/193629/game-crashes-after-battles

Change the resolution you're playing the game in.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/364360/discussions/2/1318836262672052403/

See if what this guy did helps. If it doesn't you'll need to reinstall the game though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8DPzwvmY5E

Reinstall the game.

RBA-Wintrow fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Oct 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

MadJackMcJack posted:

I always thought that was just a pair of pants waving in the breeze. Never realized it was a little dude.