Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I’m going to wrestle with my son, as he grows one day he will pin me and I’ll have tears in my eyes
LMFAO if this wasn't your childhood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9TOI_THnC8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

seiferguy posted:

What's the point of owning one if you're going to keep it locked away the entire time?

I enjoy shooting. I just haven't made it a priority. The last time it was loaded was when I heard a shotgun blast in my neighborhood at midnight in Wisconsin.

Then I realized going outside with a gun in my bathrobe at midnight wasn't a great look.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I had somehow gone throughout life without making a frittata until tonight.

I will be making many future frittatas. But not tomorrow, since there are many leftovers.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

seiferguy posted:

What's the point of owning one if you're going to keep it locked away the entire time?

Do you dream of waking up in the middle of the night to the sound of breaking glass, grabbing a pistol from under your bed, and shooting someone crawling through a window?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Its Rinaldo posted:

Hobo spiders are real and they are coming for you

Maybe you'll listen to your father next time.

David Cameron was simply reinacting a historical event

I unsubbed from the trump thread, cleaned up my twitter tl and am excited to finally fix my broken brain

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Grittybeard posted:

I will be making many future frittatas. But not tomorrow, since there are many leftovers.

Once you master frittatas check out the much superior spanish tortillas

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I’m going to wrestle with my son, as he grows one day he will pin me and I’ll have tears in my eyes

Holy poo poo I spit up water at this joke goddamn dude

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Haha I wasn’t kidding though, my dad did it with me all the time when I was growing up and I have lots of great memories of it, although I never pinned him. He taught me stuff like the full nelson and catching someone by the ankle. Back in college he played that group wrestling sport kabbadi that you guys were talking about a few pages ago

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Grittybeard posted:

You are now qualified to be on Chopped

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I can be on Chopped

the phrase "this is my take on a deconstructed ___________" should cover up all of my cooking inadequacies

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Just DONT call it a fuckin mole if it aint a fuckin mole

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
“This is my deconstructed mole”, he screamed as PETA dragged him away

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I seriously can't tell if you're talking about a beauty mark, an animal, a spy or a sauce.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

I unsubbed from the trump thread, cleaned up my twitter tl and am excited to finally fix my broken brain

I stopped regularly reading the d&d Trump thread and am much happier for it.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah but they're counting on you becoming so exhausted you give up.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Kalli posted:

This is where I profess my complete ignorance of this..

What the hell do you even do in your typical MBA course class?

This semester is all the core classes
Managerial Accounting: learning how to read and make the five major financial statements, what useful info can be pulled from them
Finance: time value of money, learning how to do valuations for stocks/companies/projects
Analytics: stats and data interpretation, learning how to use R
Econ: uh, basic/moderate econ stuff. Dealing with shifting supply and demand, profit maximizing
Leading People and Orgs: soft skill stuff - how to deal with different personalities, conflicts, teams, company cultures. Sounds lame but actually is pretty useful?
Business Communications: another soft skill one - how to give presentations effectively. This one was super easy for me but it seems like most of the foreign kids and reserved people got a lot out of it

Managing info resources: just started this one today, but it's IT kinda stuff and how it is really changing businesses these days. Gonna learn MySQL and Gephi.
Marketing: start this one tomorrow, but it seems pretty straightforward?
Operations: start this one next week. Should be a bunch of supply chain/optimization stuff

After that it's kind of a choose your own adventure on what you want to learn/do with your degree. Concentrations like international business, finance, analytics, strategy, operations, supply chain, managing technology products. A bunch of practicum courses where you're working on real projects with clients, learning negotiation techniques, all kinda poo poo.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What a crock of poo poo.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

FizFashizzle posted:

What a crock of poo poo.

I mean... it's a generalist degree that gets you access to a ton of high paying jobs. It shows you have a good base of knowledge in General Business Things and can usually work well in groups. You understand what other managers and higher ups are saying (it's not all pointless buzz words, I swear). I'm doing a full time program because I want to switch fields. You do one year, a summer internship (hopefully where you plan on working/what you want to do full time), one more year, then you're out.

Nothing is nearly as difficult as doing Mechanical Engineering for undergrad. I chose ME because I wanted the most general engineering degree to keep my options open. It is, however, a lot of reading/writing, group work, and learning new (though not particularly difficult) things.

Edit: I get what you're saying in that whatever job you end up getting afterwards you probably could have learned those skills on the job. However, that's the same for what my situation was out of undergrad. I barely used anything that I couldn't have learned/taught myself on the job. But by having the knowledge and experience already, you're showing that you're qualified for the jobs you're applying for, not just "please hire me I promise I'm smart and can figure it out."

The Big Jesus fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Oct 19, 2017

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
That's actually pretty cool that you learn R and MySQL.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Yo

Don't get bitten by a brown recluse

:nms:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Intruder posted:

Yo

Sorta looks like JPP's hand.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

pubic works project posted:

Sorta looks like JPP's hand.

Obviously also :nms:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Intruder posted:

Yo

"I was bitten by a brown recluse and gained all the powers of..." *dies*

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

It poo poo like this that makes me happy I live in MN.

Also that I am a goon and lol at going outside.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

"I was bitten by a brown recluse and gained all the powers of..." *dies*

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
An MBA is what should be taught at the bachelors level of any business degree. Its just a way to weed out idiots, like literally almost every advanced degree program does. Anyways, there are definitely a lot of sound principles and stuff to be learned in an MBA. Evaluating business plans, learning whats legal/shady or not, its basically a way to educate what Hemingway called "a built int bullshit detector". Humans in general are stupidly gullible, and you only realize this through education or a bad experience. An MBA tries to make sure the former is the dominant method.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
That's a good point about this stuff being able to be taught at the bachelor's level. Since my background was engineering I have no idea what they teach in bachelor's level business.

Another reason an MBA is a step up is that to get into a good program, you have to have significant work history, good recommendations, score well on an SAT-like test (GMAT), and do an interview. That way, the companies that pay top dollar to hire from these programs know they are getting pre-vetted candidates instead of somebody who did well in high school and got out of a four year program.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

OxySnake posted:

It poo poo like this that makes me happy I live in MN.

Also that I am a goon and lol at going outside.

On the other hand I've seem small children being carried away into the night by mosquitoes when I was visiting relatives so there's swings and round abouts.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Late to conspiracy chat, but the Boltzmann brain paradox.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boltzmann_brain

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

morning

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

The largest adult sons.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

It's photoshopped, the original is pretty bad though

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

It's photoshopped, the original is pretty bad though

I know but I thought it was appropriate since we’re all playing shadow of war.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

I know but I thought it was appropriate since we’re all playing shadow of war.

Still on Shadow of Mordor but I've tried to fight a guy so many times now and he kicks my rear end every time. He's only vulnerable to fire with no fire around and he's also in one of the strongholds so even if I try to pick guys off before I fight him, I still get swarmed at the beginning of the fight and one guy inevitably slips away to sound the alarm.

He's now like 15 levels above me. Maybe time to take a break on trying to kill him.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Still on Shadow of Mordor but I've tried to fight a guy so many times now and he kicks my rear end every time. He's only vulnerable to fire with no fire around and he's also in one of the strongholds so even if I try to pick guys off before I fight him, I still get swarmed at the beginning of the fight and one guy inevitably slips away to sound the alarm.

He's now like 15 levels above me. Maybe time to take a break on trying to kill him.

Can you dominate orcs yet?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Not yet, no. I also don't have fire arrows which I think would be a solution here as well but he's immune to ranged attacks so I don't know if it would actually work.

I have a bad habit of not doing main storyline stuff until other side stuff is done.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm loving pissed! I got my rear end up at 7:00 this morning. Relaxed for a bit ya know.

I come into work and no one did poo poo for giant rear end catering order we have today!

So I bust it out like a man. 12 cannolis , two trays of salads, god drat chicken parm. Just me and the manager.

Anyways I'm hot and sweaty and now have to go back to work.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

ask the manager for an artisanal burrito as payment

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
mmmmm, roofie cannoli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ah, today is a good day. Get to skip out on office work since I'll be in the field all day then when I get home I can watch the Lakers smash the Clippers and a meteor win TNF

• Locked thread