Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i love picross but picross s feels a little lacking since i'm coming right off the back of pokemon picross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

chumbler posted:

I'm still boggled by how the discussion surrounding dlc and loot boxes apparently needs more nuance than "Replacing a system where you purchase a thing with a system where you purchase a chance at that thing or nothing at all is a lovely, anticonsumer move regardless of what that thing is, which no other industry is allowed to do."

I wonder what will come out from AC Origins having game content literally locked out if you don't do a gamestop preorder, though. Probably nothing.

Wasnt the Harley Quinn dlc in Arkham Whatever a pre order bonus or something?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

oddium posted:

oh my gosh mario throws his hat and takes control because he's

cap-turing them

gently caress.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

:xd:

What's a good game to play atm?? Feeling listless

ive been playing ffxiv and im willing to admit this even though it goes against my brand as it were.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Picross S, while not bad, seems really mediocre and lacking in personality. Like, it's not bad but at the same time I feel I have like a dozen better Picross games on my phone.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

In Training posted:

ive been playing ffxiv and im willing to admit this even though it goes against my brand as it were.

don't you usually like final fantasy games?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its picrosson the switch which is all I need. I play it every day on the subway

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

phone picross games suck because of touch controls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

don't you usually like final fantasy games?

Its an MMO, but its got a cool aesthetic and it was 20 bucks so I figured I could check it out while I wait for Mario to come out. ALso it and XII are the only FF's i havent played so I should do it someday.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh I thought 12 was the mmo for some reason

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Cowcaster posted:

It had the mmo like maps/battle system, easy mistake

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ff11 was also an mmo, which might be why

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Cowcaster posted:

People call 12 the single player MMO.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oh i guess I havent played 11 but even as someone who can tolerate some MMO time every half a decade my understanding is that XI is just rear end in a top hat.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

In Training posted:

oh i guess I havent played 11 but even as someone who can tolerate some MMO time every half a decade my understanding is that XI is just rear end in a top hat.

It has hardcore fans like Eve has, in that it was the most grognardiest poo poo and goshdarnit, people liked it that way.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

internet osmosis has given me a bit of an idea about 8 and 9 but all the double digit final fantasies are a big mystery lump to me. I know the new one is 15 and you drive a product placement porsche and eat food

edit: 13 has the girl named lightning as the main character and is kind of like mass effect maybe?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

glam rock hamhock posted:

Picross S, while not bad, seems really mediocre and lacking in personality. Like, it's not bad but at the same time I feel I have like a dozen better Picross games on my phone.

phone gaming violates the laws of man, and god

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Cowcaster posted:

internet osmosis has given me a bit of an idea about 8 and 9 but all the double digit final fantasies are a big mystery lump to me. I know the new one is 15 and you drive a product placement porsche and eat food

edit: 13 has the girl named lightning as the main character and is kind of like mass effect maybe?

Yes 13 had lightning, not so sure about the mass effect comparisons. It and it's two sequels are just Final Fantasy as gently caress.

9 is great and, while I love 8 it's divisive.

oddium posted:

phone gaming violates the laws of man, and god

I would have agreed had Hasbro not released an actually really loving good mobile Clue game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I dont think the regalia is product placement but there is a lot of product placement elsewhere and its awesome. the main story quest where you have to go look at the wedding dress is great.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also 13 has a guy named cid raines who isn't the final boss who's a pretty good character in the final fantasy record keeper phone game

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Lol the Regalia is not at all a real car.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I think I was thinking of this https://www.theverge.com/2016/11/11/13604302/final-fantasy-xv-audi-r8-car-kingsglaive-lottery

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

thats a real version of a fake car and if i hadf 500 grand of free cash...well i wouldnt buy a replica regalia. But if i had like 5 million i could swing it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

People call 12 the single player MMO.

By today's standards though it is hardly an MMO. There are single player RPGs now vastly bigger. I just think of FFXII as that single player RPG that is larger then most JRPGs on the PS2.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

People called it that because it plays like an MMO

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I forgot that Rising Zan was a thing that existed

https://i.imgur.com/WJq9xgO.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/WjMh8h2.mp4

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
and also because mmos were all real poo poo back then

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah "single player MMO" was not usually used as a compliment

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

Ah, the present.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

efb :(

corn in the bible posted:

They still are

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

chumbler posted:

Ah, the present.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

They still are

DFO is good

Ultima Online, City of Heroes/Villains, and the freeware Graal were also good

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I love it when YouTube ads try to sell me junk-food. Like I don't already have a problem resisting chocolate. Well let's see what it is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suUcrSFyQQw

:yikes:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Huh, I always assumed it was pronounced "yah OY"

al-azad
May 28, 2009

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

it used to be, but now its a lot easier + you can summon a whole party of npcs and solo your way through most of the game

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
soon when cars drive themselves there will be "car games" you download and install to play while you ride around, prob still be the Google Play and Apple stores lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
oh man you guys Puzzled And Dragons 17 isn't compatible with my car!!!!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

How you gonna name and .gif drop without linking the intro?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqOK8EPsNDI

al-azad
May 28, 2009

precision posted:

oh man you guys Puzzled And Dragons 17 isn't compatible with my car!!!!

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Drove 100,000 miles.

I'm hoping I get that pearl paint job in my loot box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

al-azad posted:

I'm hoping I get that pearl paint job in my loot box.

you joke but you know drat well that kind of thing is going to exist

• Locked thread