Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/920844870151008257
Just to highlight the awesomeness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
We as a collective are the second best scouting staff in the world

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
If all NBA players sought the wisdom of sensei Andre Miller, no one would ever get hurt.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Sweetgrass posted:

Bit late with this post, but IT/Rose would probably make the most sense; Rose is a shadow of what he once was and he was frequently playing stupid and driving into multiple defenders, but if IT hasn't had his game ruined by his hip there's enough scoring potential between Thomas, Bron, and Love (to a lesser extent) to force the kind of space on the floor Rose needs to play meaningful minutes.

This is why I'm feeling like the demise of the Celtics is a bit overstated atm. There's so much young talent playing well on the team right now, and they're all going to get better as the season progresses.

It's cold comfort after such a lovely turn of events, but at least the future looks bright in Boston, and that's a lot more than you can say about most of the other teams in the east.

Rookies don't normally get better as the season goes on, they usually improve slightly over the first few months then gas out completely and suck

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

zoux posted:

I must urge you all to NOT watch this clip of Markelle Fultz shooting free throws in an actual basketball game

https://streamable.com/gjj42

how tf do you

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Dejan Bimble posted:

We as a collective are the second best scouting staff in the world

We thought we were getting inside info from Dokmo.

Maybe he's getting inside info from us.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

The announcer is just so apathetic. "was kicked in the face by Bruce Bowen. That seemed to rally Szczerbiak's" :effort:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

zoux posted:

I must urge you all to NOT watch this clip of Markelle Fultz shooting free throws in an actual basketball game

hahaha why are they letting this dude play christ

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dexo posted:

speaking of potential tho

DLoading dropped 30

I didn't watch the game but that seems impressive

he's so god damned good, the lakers are so god damned stupid

he threw one pass this game that made my eyes fall out of my head. I think it wound up being one of Turner's 4 blocks so it won't be in these highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaE1bz-R-Ck&t=13s
Lin going out really ruined things, but otherwise was an actual NBA game the whole way through

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

It's a shame that he wasn't there for the Knick's pi:suicide:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
He really thinks he's Lebron James, but he has the footspeed of a lotus flower and the hair to match, he needs to meditate and cut his hair

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

LaMarcus had 25 and 10 and looked generally like a living professional basketball player and not a sulking lump so hopefully that’s how it is now.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Carlosologist posted:

N: The Sixers are 0-1, but Embiid put up 18/13/3 and didn't shatter into a million pieces; Simmons scored 20 and had 10 assists and looked like a young point god in the making. love. this. team!

V: The Sixers have tons of potential that is going to be realized if everyone stays healthy! Hung in there against the second-best team in the conference and the offense looked so so good

They're super fun to watch, despite making youth mistakes on every other possession.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Rockets are undefeated AND they've played twice as many games as every other team.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Am I the only one who hates how NBA box scores are set up? They make my eyes almost glaze over when I'm looking for a specific stat

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

zoux posted:

I admittedly kinda checked out on the offseason but I have yet to see an adequate explanation for why or how he suddenly started doing this out of nowhere

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

MourningView posted:

I admittedly kinda checked out on the offseason but I have yet to see an adequate explanation for why or how he suddenly started doing this out of nowhere

His shoulder is injured or something.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if you're too injured to shoot normal person free throws and you're going to hoist up that embarrassing garbage, you might as well throw down the granny shots

when will the extremely online generation z nba players realize how many RTs they'll get hoisting up the granny shots

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
What the gently caress, Suns.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Just saw Lin died tonight. :smith:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Knicks aren't even a team anymore, Nets are the only game in town.

Carmelo Anthony has been consistent in one thing throughout his career--he plays his best against vastly inferior competition. He'll win an NCAA tournament, and he'll drop 16 points in 12 minutes against Team Tunisia, and sure he doesn't have a winning record against actual opponents, but he's going to try to score 60 points against the "Knicks" team in the game tomorrow.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

EvanTH posted:

Knicks aren't even a team anymore, Nets are the only game in town.

Carmelo Anthony has been consistent in one thing throughout his career--he plays his best against vastly inferior competition. He'll win an NCAA tournament, and he'll drop 16 points in 12 minutes against Team Tunisia, and sure he doesn't have a winning record against actual opponents, but he's going to try to score 60 points against the "Knicks" team in the game tomorrow.

Too bad the Knicks traded Melo. Melo would have torched him all game.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Melo is going to go off and it's going to rule

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Was there any reason given as to why Teague was benched near the end of the game?

GhostOfMagellan
Mar 12, 2012
Jazz

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Papercut posted:

What the gently caress, Suns.

I know they’re bad but Jesus. You should be able to score significantly more than your best player’s career high

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I am going to be carrying the Giannis for MVP water all year, especially if the Bucks manage to snag a top 4 seed

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

Was there any reason given as to why Teague was benched near the end of the game?

You don't play defense, Thibs don't play you.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Also he should have benched Wiggins for not trying on defense and never played Dieng because he is brutal.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

basketball is really loving cool

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Is scoring way up already or is it normal to have really high scores in the first week?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Cool Buff Man posted:

Really don't know why he's even playing, it seems dangerous

They apparently did an MRI and found nothing.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
So De'Aaron Fox is as fast as advertised

https://twitter.com/Scott_Charlton/status/920858642404044800

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
My fantasy team!!!

A. I'm gonna enjoy watching Dejounte Murray growing pains and all this season. He was legit schooling Teague.
B. https://mobile.twitter.com/JasonMinnix/status/920827272969453569

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

That dude is super fast

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

EvanTH posted:

he's so god damned good, the lakers are so god damned stupid

he threw one pass this game that made my eyes fall out of my head. I think it wound up being one of Turner's 4 blocks so it won't be in these highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaE1bz-R-Ck&t=13s
Lin going out really ruined things, but otherwise was an actual NBA game the whole way through

Hahaha the Lakers traded him for Robin Lopez so that the position would be free for current bust Lonzo Ball

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I thought they did it because they think Lebron is coming next year.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Wrong Lopez

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
This is apropos of nothing but looking at the stats for the Rockets-Kings game and seeing his picture, good lord does Kosta Koufos have a long neck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Someone tell me about the night Jrue $125M Holiday had

• Locked thread