Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So what games are supported by the clip capture feature?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Internet Kraken posted:

So what games are supported by the clip capture feature?

Just Zelda, Mario Kart, Arms and Splatoon 2 for now.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Internet Kraken posted:

jhfjsafjasjdfhf WHAT

Does this mean I can finally move my ARMS and Splat 2 data to my own switch and stop mooching off my brother?

That's exactly what it means!

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Tender Bender posted:

Stardew: I'm most of the way through Spring on Forest layout and can't make up my mind if I want to restart with the default map. Some people say the forest is cramped in the late game and I can see why. But others say it's not a big deal. Would you say for someone not looking to minmax that you can fit a decent amount of crops/animals/whatever else on the forest? Or should I restart.

I’m no minmaxer, but I used about 1/16 of the default map on my first play through. Maybe not even that much. Towards the end I really only used the greenhouse and basement of my house for wine production. I’m using the river farm for my Switch play through and love that I don’t feel like I have so much wasted space.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Improbable Lobster posted:

That's how bad 3d sonic games play, yes

The "press button in mid air to stop, spin, and fire at nearby object" gameplay mechanic is just awful.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

SeANMcBAY posted:

Just Zelda, Mario Kart, Arms and Splatoon 2 for now.

It's too bad Rabbids isn't supported, because that entire game was made for this feature. :buddy:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Evil Fluffy posted:

The "press button in mid air to stop, spin, and fire at nearby object" gameplay mechanic is just awful.

There's very little that's actually good in 3d Sonic games

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Improbable Lobster posted:

There's very little that's actually good in 3d Sonic games

Yes but a mechanic that makes you stop-go-stop-go like that is especially bad in a Sonic game where you should only stop because you hit a wall or died.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Zelder posted:

Dr Tim whately is a beef cake, he's 6 foot 9 and he weighs 420 pounds

gently caress yeah

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mister Facetious posted:

It's too bad Rabbids isn't supported, because that entire game was made for this feature. :buddy:

I could see that and other games getting it with updates. Seems like Nintendo just sprung this out without informing 3rd party devs.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

they gonna add the video capture for fe warriors tomorrow and mario odyssey next week right

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

a.lo posted:

they gonna add the video capture for fe warriors tomorrow and mario odyssey next week right

Maybe not FE right away but I’ll be shocked if Mario doesn’t support it first day.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sonic Forces is gonna own. Sorry, Switch thread.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i wanted to be part of the sonic resistance against eggman for a long time and now i will be able to

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Bring PUBG to the Switch

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Bring PUBG to the Switch

Octopus Unknown's SplattleGrounds

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Steamworld Dig 2 is good, and I didn't really like the first one. I probably shouldn't even have bought it based on that, but it worked out. It's a way better sequel. I wanted something chill to tide me over until fat Italian plumber and it feels like it'll last about that long.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Is there any way to get your captured videos to the computer without using social media poo poo? Like, can you just put the files on an sd card and drag em to your desktop?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

Is there any way to get your captured videos to the computer without using social media poo poo? Like, can you just put the files on an sd card and drag em to your desktop?

Yes, that's how I uploaded that Mario Kart 8 vid a page back.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Gutcruncher posted:

Apparently yes.

Mister Facetious posted:

I removed the MicroSD card from my Switch, popped it into a full size adapter, put it into the card reader on my Mac, searched for the file (N's system is loving bizarre), then uploaded the .mp4 to Youtube.

It's a bit of a chore, but if you run your Switch near a PC, it only takes a minute or two to pass the card back and forth, including the upload.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yes but a mechanic that makes you stop-go-stop-go like that is especially bad in a Sonic game where you should only stop because you hit a wall or died.

Just lol if you use the homing attack to destroy enemies instead of boosting through them at 100 miles an hour. Except if they're in the air across gaps I guess, but then homing attacking them is quicker than just jumping anyway.

I generally feel like 3d sonic games are better at keeping you going fast and not stopping, at least some of the more recent ones. Even in the 2d games you'd stop a lot. Waiting for moving platforms and the like. Like, 3d sonic games share a lot of problems with each other but I don't think the homing attack 'slowing' you down is one of them, especially since you can boost out of it anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What's the easiest way to get pictures and vids off a Switch without using a PC?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Sakurazuka posted:

What's the easiest way to get pictures and vids off a Switch without using a PC?

You can just use twitter then. That's pretty much the intended way.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The compression's worse, but if it's just a one-off, then quality doesn't really matter; it's faster and easier.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh I didn't even realise it had any social media integration, thanks.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Nevermind.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sam Faust posted:

You can just use twitter then. That's pretty much the intended way.

I haven't tweeted in like 5 years and there is something weird about my account just suddenly spitting out 500 zelda pictures

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Can't you just everything to private so only you can see everything? That's a genuine question I don't really use Twitter much for myself just looking at other people's stuff.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Sakurazuka posted:

Can't you just everything to private so only you can see everything? That's a genuine question I don't really use Twitter much for myself just looking at other people's stuff.

You can indeed. Or just make a throwaway account if you don't want to flood your main account with that stuff.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT0L3RWQNjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U99RvuoXvZ8

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Yes with Twitter, but with FB, the Switch won't let you choose the privacy level for the individual post like the PS4, so it defaults to your normal setting (either global/friends/you).

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

enojy posted:

Steamworld Dig 2 is good, and I didn't really like the first one. I probably shouldn't even have bought it based on that, but it worked out. It's a way better sequel. I wanted something chill to tide me over until fat Italian plumber and it feels like it'll last about that long.

I enjoyed it. I think it probably could've been 50% longer though. Beat it in around 7 hours.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Steamworld Dig 2 is fun but short, and the biggest problem is that the best equipment is pretty much the end game rewards. For example, you look forward to the upgraded jetpack for ages but by the time you get it you have no use for it.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
"Finally an update, can't wait to see what changes they made to the eshop" :smith:

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

EpicNemesis posted:

"Finally an update, can't wait to see what changes they made to the eshop" :smith:

It's nice that we can pre-purchase and pre-load games now! :unsmith:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Takoluka posted:

Sonic Forces is gonna own. Sorry, Switch thread.

It is indeed going to own.

Own the bargain bins in every game store a month after release because it looks like a steaming pile of poo poo.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
it's going to own.... up to its crimes as being a terrible video game

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

Manky posted:

It's nice that we can pre-purchase and pre-load games now! :unsmith:

Is preloading confirmed?

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

EpicNemesis posted:

Is preloading confirmed?

For "certain games" at least; bullet point 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
It’d be appropriate and I could think of no better first candidate for preload than SMO.

• Locked thread