Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I don't know why everyone is trying to relate to what they would do when put in Joel's situation during the ending. Everyone here would have died in the Prologue by the neighbor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I for one am stoked for the sequel to poo poo all over the ambiguity of its brilliant first chapter by hand waving it all away... lol what is this sequel gonna be!?!?!

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Bust Rodd posted:

I for one am stoked for the sequel to poo poo all over the ambiguity of its brilliant first chapter by hand waving it all away... lol what is this sequel gonna be!?!?!

The trailer for the sequel did not appeal to me at all. Pissed off, "I'm gonna kill them all," just...meh. I liked a lot about TLoU even if it kinda lost me a little while into the Winter section.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

jabro posted:

I don't know why everyone is trying to relate to what they would do when put in Joel's situation during the ending. Everyone here would have died in the Prologue by the neighbor.

That's not the point of moral and philosophical questions.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The trailer for the sequel did not appeal to me at all. Pissed off, "I'm gonna kill them all," just...meh. I liked a lot about TLoU even if it kinda lost me a little while into the Winter section.

I think it's important to not take the reveal trailer for tlou pt2 too literally, but more as a proof of concept for the themes the new game will deal with, similar to the reveal trailer for the first game, which also sort of exists out of narrative context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWzcYbtZQrk

One of the best reveal trailers of all time.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I get where the TLOU sequel naysayers are coming from But A. Hasn't Naughty Dog proven enough times that they make good poo poo that they deserve the benefit of the doubt? and B. How can you not want more TLOU multiplayer?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the winter was the best segment of the whole game for me. tense as hell

I don't think tlou needed a sequel, but neither did uncharted and 4 turned out pretty drat good so :shrug:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone ever found out why streams, uploaded photos and whatnot come through so dark when I share them? Is this a thing or do I just have my gaming monitor blasted in brightness thus the system/per-game settings are dim?

https://twitter.com/feenix7/status/920783291896102913

[edit]
Yeah, it's that thing I just suggested above. I cranked it a bit higher (a good bit actually) and it got a LITTLE brighter on the uploaded pic. Still feels... way dark, though.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 19, 2017

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Feenix posted:

Anyone ever found out why streams, uploaded photos and whatnot come through so dark when I share them? Is this a thing or do I just have my gaming monitor blasted in brightness thus the system/per-game settings are dim?

https://twitter.com/feenix7/status/920783291896102913

This picture doesn't look particularly dark to me. :shrug:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

DrNutt posted:

This picture doesn't look particularly dark to me. :shrug:

Not sure if this will show through ok, but this is what I see on screen. (off-screen iphone photo)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

uploaded videos/images will always be lower quality and kinda hosed up

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Feenix posted:

Not sure if this will show through ok, but this is what I see on screen. (off-screen iphone photo)

I see what you are talking about now but at least on my monitor the first image looks better.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't think tlou needed a sequel, but neither did uncharted and 4 turned out pretty drat good so :shrug:

The hunting part alone is really great.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Manatee Cannon posted:

uploaded videos/images will always be lower quality and kinda hosed up

No. I get that. I think maybe my monitor is just blown out in brightness (but looks normal to me?) Because every game on PS4 has always shared and streamed REALLy dark. And yes, it doesn't look terrible in this case, maybe better, but in lots of games, especially a night time setting, the action is bathed in blackness and hard to see.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Manatee Cannon posted:

I loving hated Sam as a character. I'm kind of glad that the series is closing.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It’s on my list ok!!!!!

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
No matter how many times I play it, that drat section with David and Ellie in the restaurant is so loving tense.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Joel's in the wrong for lying to Ellie about what happened, but he wasn't wrong to react the way he did. It wasn't the zombies who hosed up the world, it was humans who hosed up the world. Even in the beginning of the game when the first outbreak went down, Joel's tragedies were caused by humans and not zombies. Even assuming the cure did work, which is already in suspect because the Fireflies didn't seem to know what the absolute gently caress they were doing most of the game which is especially evident considering one of their top scientists was dumb enough to get bitten by a cordycepts infected monkey, it still isn't going to magically make humans be less like assholes. If anything what Tommy was doing is the best future for humanity, not some kind of hope for a cure that may or may not work.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The only part I've never been too big on in TLOU is when you are escaping the city with Tess and Ellie. Everything else is pretty much perfect.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Joel's in the wrong for lying to Ellie about what happened, but he wasn't wrong to react the way he did. It wasn't the zombies who hosed up the world, it was humans who hosed up the world. Even in the beginning of the game when the first outbreak went down, Joel's tragedies were caused by humans and not zombies. Even assuming the cure did work, which is already in suspect because the Fireflies didn't seem to know what the absolute gently caress they were doing most of the game which is especially evident considering one of their top scientists was dumb enough to get bitten by a cordycepts infected monkey, it still isn't going to magically make humans be less like assholes. If anything what Tommy was doing is the best future for humanity, not some kind of hope for a cure that may or may not work.

yeah that's how I felt. I think it's debatable whether or not lying to Ellie was wrong though. Or at least to the degree people make it out to be. It's a very paternal relationship and it's not like it's uncommon for a parent to lie when they perceive it's better for the child.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Oct 19, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the only thing i want to know about tlou 2 is it gonna be Joel A/Ellie B thats canonical or is it gonna be Ellie A/Joel B

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

the only thing i want to know about tlou 2 is it gonna be Joel A/Ellie B thats canonical or is it gonna be Ellie A/Joel B

it's 100% going to be Ellie. Joel also appears to probably be dead in the teaser.

E: Are you referring to Player character v companion or did I get confused there? I'm not 100% sure what you mean.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the opening segment is definitely a little weak. the prologue is insanely good but the main game takes too long to get going I think

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

veni veni veni posted:

it's 100% going to be Ellie. Joel also appears to probably be dead in the teaser.

this is actually a stupid Resident Evil 2 joke

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

the opening segment is definitely a little weak. the prologue is insanely good but the main game takes too long to get going I think

Agreed. Lots of important story stuff goes on, but it really picks up steam and never lets up once you escape boston.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

TLoU DLC is a little underrated to me -- the arcade game sequence is one of my favorite moments of "this is something you could never do in another medium".

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

left behind was great. I think it got, uh... left behind by the ps4 hype tho

also some people were really lame about ellie and riley's relationship

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

veni veni veni posted:

Agreed. Lots of important story stuff goes on, but it really picks up steam and never lets up once you escape boston.

People reckon winter drags, but all I remember of it is being the most oppressive poo poo ever and owning pretty hard for it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I love how Joel's injury makes crouchwalking almost impossible, which basically forces the player to play him bum rush style.

veni veni veni posted:

Joel also appears to probably be dead in the teaser.

I've never really gotten this impression, it just seems like crackpot internet headcanon.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Oct 19, 2017

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Manatee Cannon posted:

I thought the game was boring poo poo until I got to Pittsburgh when you start actually fighting human enemies.

Also, Winter was the best part for me. I remember liking the fact that you can stab fools without looking at the same drat strangulation animation every time.

blackguy32 fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Oct 19, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I thought GT Sport was just an extended demo because the real game isn't coming out for another 5 years like Prologue but it's full price???

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Sakurazuka posted:

I thought GT Sport was just an extended demo because the real game isn't coming out for another 5 years like Prologue but it's full price???

It ain't even a full game. It's even less of a game if you happen to be unable to reach the servers.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

At this stage buying a GT "game" borders on masochism

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Does anyone know what makes the PS store slow down to a trickle sometimes, but not game downloads etc? Also, only on the PS4, not the website and stuff.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Also, looking through my save game files, two save game system files take up more space than everything else put together: ff15 and Gravity Rush 2. They’re both games with an internal photo system and I figured that would be the cause, so I went into each game and deleted almost all the photos, but the system files didn’t change size. Is there some other way to make them smaller?

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Also, looking through my save game files, two save game system files take up more space than everything else put together: ff15 and Gravity Rush 2. They’re both games with an internal photo system and I figured that would be the cause, so I went into each game and deleted almost all the photos, but the system files didn’t change size. Is there some other way to make them smaller?

I've tried to no avail. I'm pretty sure they have a set size.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Does anyone know what makes the PS store slow down to a trickle sometimes, but not game downloads etc? Also, only on the PS4, not the website and stuff.

Sony's garbage coding. Have you tried it on the PS3 lately 😳?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Nobody should ever use the PS Store on a PlayStation console. Always use your PC or smartphone. Also, you can truly grab all of the PS+ games for that month instead of just the console you're using, even if you don't own them (such as the Vita).

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I, for one, love using Sony's patented "puzzle dials from the Da Vinci Code" method of inputting text.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

If I ever need to put more than a word on my ps4 I use a mini bluetooh keyboard I got for cheap just for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I've never really gotten this impression, it just seems like crackpot internet headcanon.

Eh, I'm not normally much of a conspiracy theorist but the evidence seems pretty strong to me. I have no idea what that actually means in the context of the story, but they made some pretty weird choices in how the trailer was presented if joel being dead wasn't what was being implied.