Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Clawtopsy posted:

In other notes, do the numbers in the sky/stars above the castle mean anything?

In the JP version they originally denoted when time-limited event quests would be playable, but that didn't work out so well, which is to say that the rush of people at those times crashed the servers so they just made them available at any point after a certain time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I used 4 tickets and got Tamamo Cat. Don‘t see myself using her much but then I remembered that her Interlude drops Talons and I need 8 of those just for Liz

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Retcon posted:

I used 4 tickets and got Tamamo Cat. Don‘t see myself using her much but then I remembered that her Interlude drops Talons and I need 8 of those just for Liz

If you have a kscope (I make due with Imaginary) and can get her to her level cap, she's pretty good for farming dailies and stuff actually. Her third skill helps her survivability a lot and her NP can cripple a wave or outright destroy it with a few buffs. I've seen someone use her, a Berzerkalot, a couple Kscopes and a Waver to basically 3 turn farms (Lancelot pops his stargen and NP first wave, both berzerkers shred the second wave with crits, then Cat obliterates the third wave with her NP). Of course, that kind of set up is quite a luxury.

Still, Cat was my tutorial SR and she's been doing good work for me ever since.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

If you have a kscope (I make due with Imaginary) and can get her to her level cap, she's pretty good for farming dailies and stuff actually. Her third skill helps her survivability a lot and her NP can cripple a wave or outright destroy it with a few buffs. I've seen someone use her, a Berzerkalot, a couple Kscopes and a Waver to basically 3 turn farms (Lancelot pops his stargen and NP first wave, both berzerkers shred the second wave with crits, then Cat obliterates the third wave with her NP). Of course, that kind of set up is quite a luxury.

Still, Cat was my tutorial SR and she's been doing good work for me ever since.
Judging from the Cats I have on my friends list she does seem pretty good, but I already have Gil and Saber Alter for clearing waves and a Vlad for general Berserker purposes, so she‘s a low priority right now. A Berserker with an AoE NP is sweet though, Vlad‘s NP is a bit underwhelming.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
My years of Monster Hunter have allowed me to develop a zen-like calm, a state of mind free or all expectation or want, all to defeat the desire sensor. That's the only explanation.

About 150 quartz. Now, to spend the rest of this event driving myself loving crazy over pumpkins.

Who's a good third member for an arts team of Emiya and Tamamo?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Waver. Get a friend's Waver in that team and let the NP spam begin.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

a kitten posted:

I'd like to thank my poor impulse control for paying off for once

e: and I just Great Success'd her up to 43 with the first batch of cards. I'm assuming a meteor is on its way even as i type this

Congratulations to my secret santa

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Sophism posted:

Waver. Get a friend's Waver in that team and let the NP spam begin.
Oh I got tons of those already. I was lucky enough to friend some whales early and I don't think they've noticed I'm a filthy casual.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

In other notes, do the numbers in the sky/stars above the castle mean anything?

They're the times, in UTC, when the day's surprise/guerrilla quests will appear.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

How wrong would I be to skip the Crystalized Lore and just convert my pumpkins into alot of other materials/xp cards? That one Lore is 2500 cakes, thats a lot of other poo poo I could buy instead.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Personally I feel that the Lore is the one absolute required purchase. Caster Liz is mediocre and you can always get more pieces/monuments (I was REALLY counting on those monuments, though), but the Lore is a truly limited and universally useful.

As of the morning of Day 3 I've gotten 55 pumpkins, using about 6-7 apples along the way. Well it's really 15 at the moment since I bought the two Maid CEs but with one more drop I can get the last one and then finally get to grinding specific non-rare currencies. I want to say the pumpkin drops about 1 in 7 or 8.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I want to say the pumpkin drops about 1 in 7 or 8.

Crowdsourced data currently has 278 drops out of 681 runs of the 40AP, so about 40%.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

Crowdsourced data currently has 278 drops out of 681 runs of the 40AP, so about 40%.
To be honest I feel like most of the crowdsourced data overestimates drops in general, somehow. Whether it's events or the dailies or grinding for mats in in the free quests, the success % always feels about 2x higher than it actually is in practice for me. Obviously just my anecdotal experience and you always remember and resent the failures more often than the successes, but that's my take so far.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

skipping the lore isnt that bad. this early on, its pretty annoying to grind the mats/qp to get someone's skill to level 10.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

skipping the lore isnt that bad. this early on, its pretty annoying to grind the mats/qp to get someone's skill to level 10.

Why would you want someone to skip the story in Fate/Grand Order?

I mean I realize you can play it without the backstory, but...

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Hate-Senpai posted:

Why would you want someone to skip the story in Fate/Grand Order?
Crystalized Lore - The thing that you use to upgrade skill lv to 10.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
What are jokes

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Man, I need more people to use the Trick or Treat CE so I can get cupcakes faster. I want this final Liz out of the way.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

RanKizama posted:

Man, I need more people to use the Trick or Treat CE so I can get cupcakes faster. I want this final Liz out of the way.

It's uh, almost certainly more cost effective to just spam Bat Farming and trade down.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Pureauthor posted:

It's uh, almost certainly more cost effective to just spam Bat Farming and trade down.
Oh? Presumably via the 30AP? I mean that would be nice because it would allow for the possibility to get a Halloween Princess drop, but I had assumed that the best bet would be to load up on 6 Trick or Treats and run the 10AP a billion times.

Presumably still probably a good idea to get to the candle threshold via 20AP?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Clawtopsy posted:

this event will let me fully ascend kiyohime, which i feel she deserves for laying sick burns on dracu-dumb and being a good wife

I'm gonna grail mine and I'm pretty sure it's a bad idea and I'm pretty sure I don't care.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I'm gonna grail mine and I'm pretty sure it's a bad idea and I'm pretty sure I don't care.

It's never a bad idea to grail your wives/husbands, this game is pretty easy for the majority of content, so use whoever.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

TheFireMagi posted:

It's never a bad idea to grail your wives/husbands, this game is pretty easy for the majority of content, so use whoever.

Yeah, that's what I'm going with. Probably gonna give one to Altera, one to Kiyohime, and then horde the rest for eternity in hopes I get Nitocris.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

im grialing sanson and i dont give a gently caress

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I am going to push all my grails into Marie's hands because she helped me when nobody else would

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

My Grails go to Best Dog. That's priority one.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I'll take Mata Hari to 90 after the event is done. Too busy farming items to deal with the leveling atm.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I don't think I've used Mata Hari even in a backline "just there for the bond points" spot.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I use Mata Hari as part of the 'Eh Whatever' team when I go back to farming stuff in Fuyuki for whatever reason.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The only bronze I've used an appreciably large amount of is George. Hassan and Hans occasionally work their way in too but it's fairly rare. For Hans at least I really want to full ascend him so he can survive longer.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've never felt the need to rely on Hans since I have Waver in NA and Merlin in JP.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Hate-Senpai posted:

I've never felt the need to rely on Hans since I have Waver in NA and Merlin in JP.

Hans prefers it that way, the lazy gently caress.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
grail Hans because he's cute

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

I wanna try a Hans/Waver/Jeanne team.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
at this point, I'm tempted to never roll until Merlin gets released, burn all my quartz, not get him and then kill myself.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Nate RFB posted:

The only bronze I've used an appreciably large amount of is George. Hassan and Hans occasionally work their way in too but it's fairly rare. For Hans at least I really want to full ascend him so he can survive longer.

Leonidas is okay on a team with George if you wanna go full single glass cannon gimmick. If you give an NP CE to Leo they can put out seven straight turns of taunt.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Tired Moritz posted:

at this point, I'm tempted to never roll until Merlin gets released, burn all my quartz, not get him and then kill myself.

Same

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Hassan's a great budget crit star maker, particularly since none of the real crit star monsters are in the game yet, and he has the survivability of the Cus.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

taser rates posted:

Hassan's a great budget crit star maker, particularly since none of the real crit star monsters are in the game yet, and he has the survivability of the Cus.
The next two crit stars monster is coming in a month or two or three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

taser rates posted:

I've now grailed my Hassan, because he is best butler.