Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

AngryBooch posted:

Does EA know that they actually have to make games to get people interested in their monthly game subscription service?

You mean their yearly Madden/Call of Duty subscription?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

You mean their yearly Madden/Call of Duty subscription?

I imagine this is about 99% of the EA Access userbase.

The other 1% is EA subsidized twitch streamers.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Still can’t believe I’ll never get my Vorcha Ark DLC

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Wait, I thought EA was Battlefield, not CoD...?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Visceral Studios is down for the count

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man
If it weren't for the resurgence of mid-budget RPGs, I might actually care that AAA has become about as compelling as a night at the nickel slots.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
I thought this thread was actually about food. Turns out it is about a bad space videogame. Anyway, seeing how I recently typed this up for my friend and gamers loving love ez-mac here is Peacock's super ultra special fancy mac and cheese recipe:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup Pine nuts

A handful of Pancetta, cubed - you can use bacon here I guess but I'm all about fancy Italian pork fat.

A bag of macaroni (the 16oz regular bag, not the 5 pound Costco big ole sack of noodles.)

3 tablespoons butter

3 tablespoons flour

Some whole milk

A decent pour of dry, cheap, bitter, champagne if your feeling fancy. If not a pour of any bubbly bitter liquid you have on hand will work. Like that beer you're holding. That'll work. Just nothing too dark or too sweet like a stout or a porter. Something between PBR and an IPA.

1 cup sharp as gently caress White Cheddar

1/2 cup Gruyere

1/2 cup Asiago

The preparation:

First things first, shred all that cheese. If you don't shred it, it won't melt quickly and you'll end up with bug lumps of cold cheese in your finished product. Once all that poo poo is shredded, toss it together in a big bowl, like a luxurious cheese salad, and set it aside.

Cook the macaroni. I like my noodles squishy, you might like yours al dente. I don't really care just cook the goddamn noodles. For the love of god please add some oil and salt to the water so the noodles don't stick together.

While the pasta is cooking it's time to roast the pine nuts. Take a skillet and get it nice and warm over medium heat and then dump the pine nuts in. Make sure they are in a single layer with a couple of light shakes of the skillet. After that, DONT gently caress WITH THEM, lettem sit. Once you smell the wonderful aroma of toasted pine nuts givem another shake to turn them over. Lettem sit a little while longer then remove them from the heat and transfer them to a bowl for later. Feel free to snack on a few because you paid for those things and they are loving expensive and you've earned it.

The macaroni should still be bubbling away. In the same pan you toasted the pine nuts, pour enough olive oil to coat the pan. Swirl that poo poo around until you get an even coat, you know the drill. Once the pan is evenly coated, drop that handful of cubed pancetta (or bacon if you're a goddamn monster) into the pan. Let that poo poo get all nice and crispy.

With the pig fat a sizzling, drain the macaroni and set it aside. In the pot you cooked the macaroni in, melt the butter over medium heat. Once the butter is melted slowly add an equal amount of flour, stirring while you dust the flour into the butter. This will form a roux, the base for our cheese sauce. Add some whole milk and some beer to the roux. I don't know exactly how much, you just gotta eyeball this. The roux will be pretty pasty so add equal parts bubbly liquid and milk until it looks like you can melt some cheese in it. It'll look like like yogurt but thinner. Anyway, start adding the cheese mixture we made earlier. Drop the cheese in a small handful at a time stirring as needed to incorporate the cheese into the sauce. If the sauce gets too thick, add more beer and milk. The sauce should be pretty thick by the time everything is incorporated. Think whipped ricotta cheese you'd use in a lasagne. It's a fairly solid mass. It doesn't run everywhere but you can still run a spoon through it and whip it without any issues.

I hope you didn't forget about the pig bits. You should have been watching them this whole time. Basically cook them until they reach your desired level of bacon doneness. I'm a soggy center with crispy edges kinda guy. Some confused and immoral people like their bacon crispy and dry. Whatever. When they're done takem off the heat and put them on plate covered with a paper towel to absorb all that excess fat. I know what you're thinking, I love fat too, but the excess fat introduced here will actually impeded our sauce's ability to adhere to our noodles. A bad thing.

So now we toss everything together. Dump the drained macaroni on top of the cheese sauce and fold that poo poo together until the noodles are evenly coated. Finish it off by dumping the pig fat cubes and the pine nuts on top and mixing them into the noodles.

If you're worried about your health you can take a big ole wad of spinach and wilt it in the left over pig grease and add that as well.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

AnElegantPeacock posted:

I thought this thread was actually about food. Turns out it is about a bad space videogame. Anyway, seeing how I recently typed this up for my friend and gamers loving love ez-mac here is Peacock's super ultra special fancy mac and cheese recipe:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup Pine nuts

A handful of Pancetta, cubed - you can use bacon here I guess but I'm all about fancy Italian pork fat.

A bag of macaroni (the 16oz regular bag, not the 5 pound Costco big ole sack of noodles.)

3 tablespoons butter

3 tablespoons flour

Some whole milk

A decent pour of dry, cheap, bitter, champagne if your feeling fancy. If not a pour of any bubbly bitter liquid you have on hand will work. Like that beer you're holding. That'll work. Just nothing too dark or too sweet like a stout or a porter. Something between PBR and an IPA.

1 cup sharp as gently caress White Cheddar

1/2 cup Gruyere

1/2 cup Asiago

The preparation:

First things first, shred all that cheese. If you don't shred it, it won't melt quickly and you'll end up with bug lumps of cold cheese in your finished product. Once all that poo poo is shredded, toss it together in a big bowl, like a luxurious cheese salad, and set it aside.

Cook the macaroni. I like my noodles squishy, you might like yours al dente. I don't really care just cook the goddamn noodles. For the love of god please add some oil and salt to the water so the noodles don't stick together.

While the pasta is cooking it's time to roast the pine nuts. Take a skillet and get it nice and warm over medium heat and then dump the pine nuts in. Make sure they are in a single layer with a couple of light shakes of the skillet. After that, DONT gently caress WITH THEM, lettem sit. Once you smell the wonderful aroma of toasted pine nuts givem another shake to turn them over. Lettem sit a little while longer then remove them from the heat and transfer them to a bowl for later. Feel free to snack on a few because you paid for those things and they are loving expensive and you've earned it.

The macaroni should still be bubbling away. In the same pan you toasted the pine nuts, pour enough olive oil to coat the pan. Swirl that poo poo around until you get an even coat, you know the drill. Once the pan is evenly coated, drop that handful of cubed pancetta (or bacon if you're a goddamn monster) into the pan. Let that poo poo get all nice and crispy.

With the pig fat a sizzling, drain the macaroni and set it aside. In the pot you cooked the macaroni in, melt the butter over medium heat. Once the butter is melted slowly add an equal amount of flour, stirring while you dust the flour into the butter. This will form a roux, the base for our cheese sauce. Add some whole milk and some beer to the roux. I don't know exactly how much, you just gotta eyeball this. The roux will be pretty pasty so add equal parts bubbly liquid and milk until it looks like you can melt some cheese in it. It'll look like like yogurt but thinner. Anyway, start adding the cheese mixture we made earlier. Drop the cheese in a small handful at a time stirring as needed to incorporate the cheese into the sauce. If the sauce gets too thick, add more beer and milk. The sauce should be pretty thick by the time everything is incorporated. Think whipped ricotta cheese you'd use in a lasagne. It's a fairly solid mass. It doesn't run everywhere but you can still run a spoon through it and whip it without any issues.

I hope you didn't forget about the pig bits. You should have been watching them this whole time. Basically cook them until they reach your desired level of bacon doneness. I'm a soggy center with crispy edges kinda guy. Some confused and immoral people like their bacon crispy and dry. Whatever. When they're done takem off the heat and put them on plate covered with a paper towel to absorb all that excess fat. I know what you're thinking, I love fat too, but the excess fat introduced here will actually impeded our sauce's ability to adhere to our noodles. A bad thing.

So now we toss everything together. Dump the drained macaroni on top of the cheese sauce and fold that poo poo together until the noodles are evenly coated. Finish it off by dumping the pig fat cubes and the pine nuts on top and mixing them into the noodles.

If you're worried about your health you can take a big ole wad of spinach and wilt it in the left over pig grease and add that as well.

Yum.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Electronic :farts:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

hard counter posted:

no one is saying don't criticize bioware ever but rather try to make deliberate and honest criticisms - i'm skeptical of a criticism that goes as far as saying that bioware's brand of progressivism is just a shallow hoax when time and time again that company also bears risks other companies won't when it comes to including unrepresented groups and certain kinds of controversial content that continue to run against the grain of the climate the individual games are released in

they might on occasion go about things in idiotic ways that actually run contrary to their intent but that should be discussed with nuance rather than writing off the company entirely - for example the whole hainly thing in me:a is imho pretty much a microcosm of the rushed, stereotypical, superficial and shallow writing that the whole of mass effect andromeda suffers from right from its generally subpar characterization (minus drack) to its crude cargo culting of elements from the past trilogy and i think this example reflects me:a's tremendously flawed development cycle spoiling the product rather than it reflecting that the company itself is being lovely about the things it seems to actually cares about; i posted a while back that me3 took the time to do drafts and redrafts of its lgbt characters to find the sweet spot and that the early drafts did contain some sloppy stereotyped writing that was fixed with input and revision and rewriting, i doubt me:a had the benefit of that kind of process

yeah bioware is pretty good at progressive social stuff. even when the make misteps or go hamfisted(dorians personal quest) they still mean well. the only time i got mad about them over it was them putting up with andromads gameplay designer going on rants all day every day about poo poo instead of doing his loving job. then when he eventualy leaves. he talked about how the company was bad and evil and he would poo poo on them for money. i would have fired his stupid rear end sooner.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/evbdzm/race-in-games-ea-woes-with-former-mass-effect-manveer-heir

the lead gameplay who is known mostly for his tweets talked with waypoint about how the game got hosed up and also sucks his own dick a bunch. but he is actually insightful on some stuff. but alot of it is complaining about problamtic stuff in the game (space colonialism) how people told him to get off twitter.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Oct 21, 2017

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
He's a racist pile of poo poo

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Manveer is pretty far up on the list of really vile public-facing video games industry people, and it won’t surprise me in the least when it comes out he pays a (white) dom a grip of cash every month to stop on his nuts in a diaper.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
is that the dude who was all "people only hate bioware because we're progressive and they're racist/sexist" and then when he was fired he did his best to paint bioware as being racist and sexist, too?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Milky Moor posted:

is that the dude who was all "people only hate bioware because we're progressive and they're racist/sexist" and then when he was fired he did his best to paint bioware as being racist and sexist, too?

yes, turns out he's just a massive idiot rear end in a top hat doing his best Performative Wokeness

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

yes, turns out he's just a massive idiot rear end in a top hat doing his best Performative Wokeness

yeah pretty much. he compared himself to Malcolm x on the podcast. while i am sure the dude is right about some of the stuff but he is just a angry prick who only likes lickspittles.

im cute posted:

Manveer is pretty far up on the list of really vile public-facing video games industry people, and it won’t surprise me in the least when it comes out he pays a (white) dom a grip of cash every month to stop on his nuts in a diaper.

i honestly dont think he "quite". i think he got loving sacked when his job was done and people got tired of him getting pissed about every loving thing in story. he is lucky because the games story ended up being poo poo but he is acting like it was the colonialism. not the fact that its a bad rehash. what sucks is the stuff he is complaing about is real and should be fixed. but through the whole podcast he keeps testing the water to see how much money he can make for blowing the whistle.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Oct 23, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

He seemed pretty normal for a dude who got shitcanned?

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Norns posted:

He seemed pretty normal for a dude who got shitcanned?

No, see he was racist against white people. We get very butthurt if we are on the receiving end for a change.

But really, don't be loving racist against anyone.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It is funny to be racist/sexist against the dominate race/sex, right up until it stops being a joke and starts being actual racism/sexism.

The moment people take it seriously, pump the breaks.

If YOU are the one taking it seriously, reconsider a few things about yourself

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

it is ok to be racist against white people

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It’s actually funnier when people take it seriously

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I'm going to make fun of white people's dance moves and preoccupation with doctor who and you can't loving stop me

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

orange juche posted:

it is ok to be racist against white people

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

It's okay to be white against racist people.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Racist people prefer it when you're white, generally

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Ok wow I’m not sharing my Hotdish with any of you rude people

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

fruit on the bottom posted:

Ok wow I’m not sharing my Hotdish with any of you rude people

I believe you mean casserole, friend

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
One of my co-workers is from the Midwest so I trust her when she tells me what it’s called. I’m a coastal white so I just steal my flavor from other cultures.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

As someone born in Minnesota, you really don't want to steal your flavor from the Midwest.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

One of my co-workers is from the Midwest so I trust her when she tells me what it’s called. I’m a coastal white so I just steal my flavor from other cultures.

White people don't have culture

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Norns posted:

White people don't have culture

Yeah, I steal it from other cultures did you even read my post

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah, I steal it from other cultures did you even read my post

I might be mistaken but isn't hotdish primarily a bland white people food?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Casserole is French for hotdish you plebs. No racism but class racism.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Zelder posted:

As someone born in Minnesota, you really don't want to steal your flavor from the Midwest.

As if there's flavor to steal other than jello casseroles.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Norns posted:

I might be mistaken but isn't hotdish primarily a bland white people food?

Oh I see. No I don’t eat that poo poo, I’m coastal white.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Arglebargle III posted:

Casserole is French for hotdish you plebs. No racism but class racism.

It's not class racism if casseroles are just better than hot dishes. :smug:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Oh I see. No I don’t eat that poo poo, I’m coastal white.

So you're a Latino?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
No but I’ll eat their food.

;)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i am more annoyed that he basically acts like he was the only competent and good person at the company because people apparently loved the gameplay of andromada. but he makes some good points how the game early on was supposed to be alot more linear setpiece mission type thing and in the latter half of development, the higher ups wanted open world with open world quests. so they got hosed. he makes a bunch of great points but he is a overly passionate kinda self serving angry dick. he kinda hinted at anthem turning out to be a giant shitshow so that will be fun. my guess is after anthem flop, papa EA is gonna take bioware to the family grave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

No but I’ll eat their food.

;)

Is this one of those things where Peruvians don't identify as Latino? Are you from Spain?