Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

NTRabbit posted:

It's Weller and 41 for pick 2, that's loving mental

Yeah that's a loving ridiculous trade for GC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Must be the lack of fluoride in the water

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

AFL has clearly given up on Gold Coast and is tanking the club in order to justify the Tasmania move

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
It’s not a great deal in isolation but with the amount of top ten picks they have had and have next year, and with the players they have lost, it isn’t that bad. Weller is a good player who actually wants to be on the Gold Coast. They are worth a lot to them I imagine.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
So when they do move to Tassie they become the Devils yeah

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

NTRabbit posted:

It's Weller and 41 for pick 2, that's loving mental

Along with Matera for next years 3rd rounder.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

realbez posted:

It’s not a great deal in isolation but with the amount of top ten picks they have had and have next year, and with the players they have lost, it isn’t that bad. Weller is a good player who actually wants to be on the Gold Coast. They are worth a lot to them I imagine.

yeah when i first heard it i thought 'youre loving joking' but thinking about it further its not that bad given where the suns are at. weller is known quantity so far as a young player whos been in the system a little while and the last thing the suns need is another high draft pick bust who doesnt want to live on the gold coast. why not go for a young guy with a high ceiling who has a few preseasons under his belt already rather than bring in one more lamb to slaughter of the gold coast drafting system?

e: actually it is still pretty bad. putting pick 2 on the table could have gotten them someone much better than weller.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Pick 2 is a pretty high pick

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Meanwhile, Saints fans on Bigfooty are completely melting down like giant idiot babies over the Saints doing a relatively minor swap of picks:

Port receive: Saints 2018 2nd, 59 and 63
Saints receive: Ports pick 34 and a future 4th round.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Well at least we didn't do anything dumb with our picks this year.

Because we blew them all last year.

I'm fine with Hodge going to the Lions, if he helps drill their defence that'd be great because I'm really over Brisbane being poo poo at that. Deal seems OK too.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Here is the draft order, a few teams are stacked in the first few rounds: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-19/indicative-draft-order-keep-up-to-date-with-all-the-picks

also...

:eyepop:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Feels like it might be another 2013 draft, where rookie promotions and passes were happening by the third round and there were only 12 live selections after pick 50

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Windmill Hut posted:

Essendon turn 11 and a future 3rd into Stringer, Saad and Smith.

gently caress

noice

NTRabbit posted:

Why do clubs keep letting Dodoro do this

dunno, it kinda puts paid to the notion he's hard to deal with though, the Stringer trade was even done with an hour or so to spare.

thepokey posted:

Isn’t Stringer in the US? Was that photo taken before he left optimistically? Or just a ‘shop?

There were some promotional photos taken before he left. Essendon were reasonably confident the Dogs would come through. They did the same thing with Shaun Atley a few years ago when they were pretty confident they'd be drafting him, and then Heppell was available at that pick. The photos got leaked I believe.

NTRabbit posted:

Feels like it might be another 2013 draft, where rookie promotions and passes were happening by the third round and there were only 12 live selections after pick 50

Yeah, it's kinda looking that way.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

collingwood got photos of treloar in their kit before the trade with gws went through as well didnt they?

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

cmndstab posted:

Cameron -> 2018 1st (Melbourne) (win)

:mad:

Take care of my dude, Brisbane.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

bryce gibbs has dead little eyes

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

snaeksikn posted:

collingwood got photos of treloar in their kit before the trade with gws went through as well didnt they?

There was something like that I recall. I can't remember if it was the photos being leaked before the trade took place or the revelation that he'd been on Collingwood's training program while he was on holidays though.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Collingwood arranged for him to undergo surgery without GWS knowledge while he was still a contracted player

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

snaeksikn posted:

bryce gibbs has dead little eyes

CFC Finishing Positions 2006-Present:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

Collingwood arranged for him to undergo surgery without GWS knowledge while he was still a contracted player

I knew it was something kinda seedy like that lol

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

hiddenmovement posted:

CFC Finishing Positions 2006-Present:

:colbert:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Lol Fremantle took Gold Coast to the cleaners. Weller is barely worth a first rounder.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

:colbert:

I've never seen it laid out that way before. God we're awful. I forget there was a year we won 2 games.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Can't fathom Gold Coast giving up pick 2 for Lachie Weller. Weller projects as a good player but loving hell. Brad Lloyd must've found it hard to keep a straight face when Gold Coast accepted it.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Yeah, it's really strange. They don't even have the "missing piece of the puzzle" argument to fall back on. I guess they figure they need some experience to replace Ablett?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Maybe they figured that its better to get someone that actually wants to be here than train up some kid that will just gently caress off to Collingwood in 2 years anyway

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
:rip: Mumford

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roRQ2mNwMMQ

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Mark Blake Neva 4 get

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
PSA for those stupid enough to pay Telstra money: https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/telstra-offers-refunds-for-afl-live-pass

quote:

Telstra is offering refunds to some AFL Live Pass app subscribers after the ACCC raised concerns about Telstra’s disclosure of the size of its viewing screen available on mobiles and tablets.

During the 2016 season, live AFL matches appeared in full-screen on tablets. On 31 January 2017, Telstra introduced a screen size restriction of seven inches for live matches, meaning games no longer appeared full screen on many tablets.

The AFL Live Pass is advertised on the AFL website with images of AFL matches appearing full-screen on tablets. These images are accompanied by the text “Watch every AFL match live…on mobile and tablet”.

“The ACCC was concerned that footy fans may have subscribed or renewed subscriptions to the AFL Live Pass thinking that they could continue watching live AFL matches in full-screen on a tablet, when this was not the case,” ACCC Chairman Rod Sims said.

“Some footy fans were locked into a Telstra subscription before the screen size restriction took effect. When businesses make changes to the subscription terms of goods or services, customers should be clearly notified of the change so people are able to make an informed decision about whether to continue their subscription,” Mr Sims said.

In August, prompted by the ACCC concerns, Telstra offered refunds to consumers who were annual subscribers to the AFL Live Pass at 31 January 2017, and who had downloaded the AFL Live Pass on a tablet. People who purchased the AFL Live Pass app may still obtain a refund by filling in an application form on Telstra’s Crowd Support website (link is external).

The form will be available until 22 March 2018. After that date, consumers can still contact Telstra to request a refund. Telstra is only offering the refund to annual subscribers who downloaded the AFL Live Pass prior to 31 January 2017 and accessed the service on a tablet.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Free AFL live almost made me sign up for a telstra mobile service a few months ago. Then I realized I wasnt the gold coast list management team giving up pick 2 for Lachie Weller and went with Optus.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

drat it. Ameet Bains has taken the CEO gig at the Bulldogs. Probably been the most important admin person at the Saints for the last 6 years. :(

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

Nutsngum posted:

drat it. Ameet Bains has taken the CEO gig at the Bulldogs. Probably been the most important admin person at the Saints for the last 6 years. :(

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

That legitimately sucks. You got a good one there, Doggies.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I would sure hope he doesn't have anything to do with the Dogs before the draft.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Periphery posted:

I would sure hope he doesn't have anything to do with the Dogs before the draft.

Why? He's just the CEO and even if he talks about who the Saints are interested in, Dalrymple is still one of the best identifiers of young talent in the country and we'd focus on who he wants as opposed to who another team is interested in.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Testekill posted:

Why? He's just the CEO and even if he talks about who the Saints are interested in, Dalrymple is still one of the best identifiers of young talent in the country and we'd focus on who he wants as opposed to who another team is interested in.

You can't see how a person who is heavily involved in a teams list/draft/talent identification could possibly have information that might be of interest to opposition teams right before the draft? Okay then.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Periphery posted:

You can't see how a person who is heavily involved in a teams list/draft/talent identification could possibly have information that might be of interest to opposition teams right before the draft? Okay then.

Bulldogs are only taking our first rounders and are then elevating Roarke Smith with pick 83. Saints have the two picks before the Bulldogs first pick, Dalrymple is going to receive a list from Bains and go "oh these two players are number 3 and 4 on their list of likely available players' and take them unless he himself rates them that highly. When you only have the two first rounders, it's insane to decide to pick players just so that another team can't get them. GWS got away with hoarding key position players because they had a gigantic list to start off with and a shitload of first round picks.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Testekill posted:

Bulldogs are only taking our first rounders and are then elevating Roarke Smith with pick 83. Saints have the two picks before the Bulldogs first pick, Dalrymple is going to receive a list from Bains and go "oh these two players are number 3 and 4 on their list of likely available players' and take them unless he himself rates them that highly. When you only have the two first rounders, it's insane to decide to pick players just so that another team can't get them. GWS got away with hoarding key position players because they had a gigantic list to start off with and a shitload of first round picks.

Or he could have information that Saints found about players that nobody else has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Admin departments and football departments are fairly separate guys.

If it was your football manager that had switched clubs, yes, I'd get a bit worried then.

• Locked thread