Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

safely sodomized posted:

its kind of amazing that david cameron, the moron who gave us brexit and nearly lost scotland and hosed a dead pig, was a genuinely more skilled and charismatic politician than may

Fixed that for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/920688942458032128

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Jose posted:

They stopped?

Dunno, last saw it in the news over a year ago though. They've not been around my ends before and people are afeared for their kitties. Neighbour has made hers an indoor cat until this menace has been apprehended/she forgets about it.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

safely sodomized posted:

its kind of amazing that david cameron, the moron who gave us brexit and nearly lost scotland, was a genuinely more skilled and charismatic politician than may

I thought for sure when he resigned he was going to go down in history as one of the worst PMs ever but May's constant incompetence is giving him a lot of cover.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out

UrbicaMortis posted:

I thought for sure when he resigned he was going to go down in history as one of the worst PMs ever but May's constant incompetence is giving him a lot of cover.

May is just a bad PM; Cameron was addicted to risky coinflip gambles on the territorial integrity and international standings to alleviate squabbles within his own party.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

i want to believe

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

UrbicaMortis posted:

I think this sorry period as a whole will be looked back on with a mix of amusement, bemusement, and disgust

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Barry Foster posted:

I think this sorry period as a whole will be looked back on with a mix of amusement, bemusement, and disgust

I want to bind the "lol every time you remember trump is president" thread into a book and present it to my eldest grandchild when they come of age in Brexit Thunderdome mad max land

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i am super dissapointed in may

what an utter poo poo

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Baloogan posted:

what an utter poo poo

was wondering when youd show up with the stupidest take

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Baloogan... WAS WRONG!? :cmon:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Who could've guessed that going with simple nationalistic platitudes with nothing else would be... bad?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

And giving in to reactionary sensibility had such a great track record.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Baloogan posted:

what an utter poo poo

why are you disappointed baloogan. tell me why you feel disappointed.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i wanted thatcher 2.0

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

heckling would be a good name for a type of extremely minor demon

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Baloogan posted:

i wanted thatcher 2.0

Thatcher would've opened her term with calling off Brexit and then chiding silly proles for thinking that their votes actually meant anything.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Samovar posted:

Who could've guessed that going with simple nationalistic platitudes with nothing else would be... bad?

Sounds like dirty remoaner talk to me. Why do you have such hate in your heart for Roast Britain

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
reminder Theresa may has failed upwards her entire life

at least pig Dave could bullshit well

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Lol at this article talking about how a minority government makes MPs miserable:

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/tory-mps-getting-grumpy-strict-new-rules-topple-mays-majority/

The Independent posted:

Despite May’s confidence-and-supply agreement with the DUP, her working majority is so tight that MPs find themselves locked in Parliament for the foreseeable in case they are needed for a vote. What’s more, as Brexit legislation presses full steam ahead, late night sittings are about to come the status quo. That means no international trips, no days out and few nights off for the Conservatives. The only MPs permitted to leave the fortress are those with wafer thin majorities to protect. As for earning an extra bit of cash on the side, the days of the after-dinner circuit are now all but a distant dream to disgruntled MPs.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

UrbicaMortis posted:

Lol at this article talking about how a minority government makes MPs miserable:

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/tory-mps-getting-grumpy-strict-new-rules-topple-mays-majority/

icing on teh cake

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Seeing conservatives suffer is the finest pleasure.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...u-a8008776.html

quote:

Jeremy Corbyn has warned centre-left parties across Europe that they must follow his lead and abandon the neoliberal economics of the imagined “centre ground” if they want to start winning elections again.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

how is he so good

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

“We all know their politics of hate, blame and division and not the answer, but unless we offer a clear and radical alternative of credible solutions for the problem we face, unless we offer a chance to change the broken system, and hope for a more prosper future we are clearing the path for the extreme right to make even more far-reaching inroads into our communities. Their message of fear and division would become the political mainstream of our discourse."

my dick is so hard

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
corbyn making bernie look like a democrat gat drat

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

bump_fn posted:

i want to believe

The prophecy
https://twitter.com/theresa_may/status/865855578454806529

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

I can't find it now but someone post that graph of the various European left parties' vote shares going straight down except Labour's shooting up.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Continental Boy

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

when you're done with jezza send him to the colonies why don't you

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/LADFLEG/status/920742992872214528

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
scottish people want to be different so bad but none of them can be bothered to learn gaelic

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

scottish people want to be different so bad but none of them can be bothered to learn gaelic

erm, there was no-one scottish in that clip

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

whats unusual about this

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

JFairfax posted:

erm, there was no-one scottish in that clip

the scots dialect came to ulster with waves of scottish settlers

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
yes that's fine but neither of the men in that clip were scottish

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

JFairfax posted:

yes that's fine but neither of the men in that clip were scottish

ulster, same difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

1) The guy on the phone is Northern Irish, is on a Northern Irish radio show, and is not doing wheel at making the case for Ulster (read: Northern Irish) Scots being a real language despite the DUP claiming it is, and that they need money to teach it, Just Like Irish. That's the joke.

2) Gaelic was imposed on a small area of what is now but wasn't then Scotland by Irish settlers, and was briefly popular with the aristocracy, it isn't the ~ancient language of Scotland~ or anything. It's like Norman French in England. Its pretend revival along the west coast is great news for sign makers and character map experts, though.