Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

All G8 level 85 on Phoenix. Part of my frustration is that Ive had a good portion of my arena mods on these guys for days and my arena team is getting smoked by Jedi squads.

Might g9 Ezra to see if that helps

Okay, that's what I ended up doing it with, you using Hera/zeb/chopper/kanaan/ezra?

What you're aiming for on the final stage is using Ezra/chopper to remove buffs from stormtrooper, taunt with kanaan so he is fractured, use zeb/chopper/ezra to remove the buffs on deathtroopers and then just whittle it down hoping kanaan dies with back-up plan up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

UmOk posted:

All G8 level 85 on Phoenix. Part of my frustration is that Ive had a good portion of my arena mods on these guys for days and my arena team is getting smoked by Jedi squads.

Might g9 Ezra to see if that helps

Only advice I can give is to stack your best mods on them, try and get any gear pieces you can before the event ends, and keep trying. This one is heavily RNG dependant. I was in the same boat as you. I went from a team wipe without touching Thrawn to stomping without losing anyone with no changes to my team.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Popete posted:

I kinda avoided Phoenix for awhile cause I didn't really care for any of those characters and wanted to focus on other teams. The fact that it's been the only event squad thats mattered for like 6 months now is pretty frustrating.

Same here. I avoided them until Tarkin came around the first time. The nice thing is they are all easy to 7* (Sabine takes a little longer).

The frustrating thing is when you get Zeb and Kanan to G8 and they have all the same stuff through G9. They also share some gear with other Phoenix members.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
And Thrawn!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'm gonna finish about 20 Hera shards sort of getting 7* Thrawn :(. I mean there's no guarantee I could do the 7* challenge since it's so hard but coming this close sucks.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
So I have an idea for a gimmick squad. DN and four taunting tanks. Think this could work?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

So I have an idea for a gimmick squad. DN and four taunting tanks. Think this could work?

Thrawn, Stormtrooper, Shoretrooper, Deathtrooper Nihilus is pretty good without the quad tank gimmick.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Similarly, STHan, RaidHan, ColdHan, OldHan, OldChewie.

Waiting for Commando Han with a unique called "They're Everywhere!" that lets all of the Hans work in synergy.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Warmachine posted:

Similarly, STHan, RaidHan, ColdHan, OldHan, OldChewie.

Waiting for Commando Han with a unique called "They're Everywhere!" that lets all of the Hans work in synergy.

Well, we're absolutely getting Rookie Smuggler Han (or something like that) when the Young Han Solo movies comes out.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Think this Thrawn event scales with power level. I wasted more gear bumping Ezra up to G10 and now I can barely make it to the last round with my all my guys.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

Hide The Nihlius™ Is definitely workable. But you're better off sticking to two tanks, adding Thrawn and Deathtrooper for more control (and deathmark to accelerate he fight after the first annhihilate.)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KUQ2Ez_Yqow

(There's also a variant that replaces RG with zFOST)

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Having good success with my Phoenix Squad in the aftermath of gearing them for Thrawn.

The most challenging teams i meet are other phoenix squads, because it takes so long to kill them i run out of time unless i leave it on auto and manually select targets. The key is to kill Kanan first so that they don't heal from debuffs, which Zeb generates plenty of.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I finished the 6* AA battle over the weekend. What I didn't realize in the past was that I just needed to retreat anytime Mace reinforces after his first ship goes down (I focused on JC). That's how you know the event is bugged out (I was only retreating if I didn't totally survive the first salvo). Just posting in case anyone else is still struggling. It's still a tough fight, even when it's bugged, but at least it's doable.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Is the millennium falcon worth farming?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

Is the millennium falcon worth farming?

yes, Territory Battles

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

yes, Territory Battles

What I meant is if it is good or not.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I guess if you had the extra energy and didn't need people... After I seven my Resistance team I get to dump that into FO and geez, besides Baze and DN I don't get to deviate much on extras.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
So I managed to get my arena rank higher than I ever have before.

Then, over the course of today, I dropped over 700 places.

:sigh:

This is ridiculously frustrating.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Nipponophile posted:

So I managed to get my arena rank higher than I ever have before.

Then, over the course of today, I dropped over 700 places.

:sigh:

This is ridiculously frustrating.

I gave up caring, I just try to maintain myself in the top 500. The rewards aren't that much better the higher you go until you're in the top 20 or whatever.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I hover around 200. I enjoy the extra 100cr I get if I break through.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I'm months away from even thinking about 200. My big drop today was from 2100 to 2800.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What is the power rating average for where you're at in arena?

Like I said I'm hovering around the 500 rank and the power ratings on average are in the low 70k's. I have a full 7* team with gear level 9/10 and I'm only at 69k but idk how to get much higher from here.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Popete posted:

What is the power rating average for where you're at in arena?

Like I said I'm hovering around the 500 rank and the power ratings on average are in the low 70k's. I have a full 7* team with gear level 9/10 and I'm only at 69k but idk how to get much higher from here.

Mods. Mods. Mods.

Also higher gear, obviously. And max out the skill levels.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

Mods. Mods. Mods.

Also higher gear, obviously. And max out the skill levels.

I have pretty poo poo mods on all my dudes. Mods is specifically one area of the game I hate. I still don't understand it fully and I don't really want to take the time too. It's such a pain in the rear end.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Popete posted:

I have pretty poo poo mods on all my dudes. Mods is specifically one area of the game I hate. I still don't understand it fully and I don't really want to take the time too. It's such a pain in the rear end.

It is, but Mod Challenges is one of the better ways to up your toon's power. Pulling the right 5 dot mod with the right stats...so nice.

It's also still pretty god drat random, so yeah, it sucks. But getting that +30 Speed mod is great, when it happens.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I run Wedge (L), Biggs, Leia, Dooku, and Maul

Power: 75,472

https://swgoh.gg/u/hockles/

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Wtf, they're really adding Zombie and Ghost Nightsisters?

Nightsister Zombie
Basic: Deal Physical Damage and Inflict Tenacity Down for 2 turns
Special: Deal Physical Damage, If NZ has full health, dispell all debuffs on NZ. Otherwise, this attack has +100% Health Steal
Unique: At the start of each encounter and at the end of her turn, gain Taunt for 1 turn. As long as another Nightsister is active, NZ is revived with 100% Health and 25% Turn Meter when defeated

Nightsister Spirit
Basic: Deal Physical Damage, Inflict Speed Down for 2 turns, and remove 20% turn meter. Gain turn meter equal to amount removed
Special : Deal Physical Damage, Dispell all buffs, and inflict stun for 1 turn
Unique: Gain Foresight for 1 turn at the start of each encounter and at the end of her turn. While she has Foresight, she has 100% Offense and her attacks ignore armour.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Is this it? Has SWGOH officially jumped the shark? These aren't even Star Wars characters.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Popete posted:

Is this it? Has SWGOH officially jumped the shark? These aren't even Star Wars characters.

Pretty sure they showed up in a Clone Wars episode. At least one of them, probably both.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_zombie_Nightsister

I think I remember Spirits showing up in a Rebels episode, too.

edit: Yup. http://starwarsrebels.wikia.com/wiki/Nightsisters

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 18, 2017

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

Pretty sure they showed up in a Clone Wars episode. At least one of them, probably both.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_zombie_Nightsister

I think I remember Spirits showing up in a Rebels episode, too.

edit: Yup. http://starwarsrebels.wikia.com/wiki/Nightsisters

Yep. Still a strange choice to add rather than, say, dumping Talzin on us or something, given that Talzin is literally in the Book of the Sith that Palpatine put together.

Of course, for those of us who farmed Nightsisters at one point, Zombie will be a great addition to bump off Acolyte.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
You must've missed it but we're getting Talzin too

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Warmachine posted:

Yep. Still a strange choice to add rather than, say, dumping Talzin on us or something, given that Talzin is literally in the Book of the Sith that Palpatine put together.

Of course, for those of us who farmed Nightsisters at one point, Zombie will be a great addition to bump off Acolyte.

Yeah, sorry, we’re getting Talzin, too. I’ve known about that one for a while. These two were new to me.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Talzin going to be a legendary event then?

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

Unique: At the start of each encounter and at the end of her turn, gain Taunt for 1 turn. As long as another Nightsister is active, NZ is revived with 100% Health and 25% Turn Meter when defeated

This sounds like the most unfun ability to fight against ever.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Put K2, Chase, and Old Daka in too, because the ride never ends on eternal taunt?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Canemacar posted:

Talzin going to be a legendary event then?

They need to cool it on the legendary events, man.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Nipponophile posted:

This sounds like the most unfun ability to fight against ever.

Looks like it's Lando's time to shine!

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

They need to cool it on the legendary events, man.

looks like she and Wicket have new rotating event types closer to the Assault events with fewer shards as completion rewards.

I guess the 7" cap ship events are the new model.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
CG needs to make Zombie Luke and Zombie Han. Zombie Vader. We need a full team of SW Zombies. Their unique is the full team will cause you to jailbreak your phone's operating system.

Also, who is the lead in a zFinn team? Finn? I'm working on my happy grinds of zFinn, Poe, RTrooper, R2, Rey. Is that the go-to Resistence team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Yeah. zFinn is the lead. You can drop Rey if you have a good R2. I find him to be more valuable for the potency, aoe, and smoke to make counterattacks irrelevant.