Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
my drunk wife can have whatever cocktails she wants im not picky

e: i had a blue hawaiian friday for the first time and that was good, that's my cocktail story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

This week's episode wasn't alcoholic, it was just mixing together whatever fruit juices you have in the refrigerator.

I'm assuming that's kind of the idea. Simple recipes using stuff you may already have for people new to it so that you only need to get the booze.

The dark secret of cocktails is that for most people the recipe hardly matters, particularly if your recipe is bourbon + bourbon.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The drunk wife show isn't very good but it's short and about a drunk wife so I'll keep watching

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The drunk wife show would be so much better if the husband was the naked roommate from food wars.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/920797009707012096

I've got like two stickers, no trip for me.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Since they don't seem to have this anywhere but in the fine print, more info:

- Entry period ends Monday, October 31, 2017 at 11:59 pm PT
- "The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, Washington, D.C. (i.e., excluding Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions), Canada (excluding Quebec), and the United Kingdom who are physically located and residing therein and who are at least Eighteen (18) years of age"
- "There will be 5 Entrants who will receive the second prize of: A Limited Edition Blade Runner Black Out 2022 poster signed by Director Shinichirō Watanabe"

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I get why they ban Quebec, but why Guam? Seems like they'd save money if a Guamian won the contest.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Guy Goodbody posted:

This week's episode wasn't alcoholic, it was just mixing together whatever fruit juices you have in the refrigerator.
I'd need to watch, but that sounds like a good vodka drink. If they'd add vodka.

chumbler posted:

The dark secret of cocktails is that for most people the recipe hardly matters, particularly if your recipe is bourbon + bourbon.
Ahh, good old bourbon & bourbon.
Neat or on the rocks, truly a delight.

Also what does crunchy have against Quebecois?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I'd need to watch, but that sounds like a good vodka drink. If they'd add vodka.

Ahh, good old bourbon & bourbon.
Neat or on the rocks, truly a delight.

Also what does crunchy have against Quebecois?

Quebec has annoying bureaucratic rules that get in the way of these sorts of contests (mostly involving having to translate things into French, IIRC).

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I think I hate the latest episode of Black Clover more than anything I've ever seen. I don't even know where to start and the thing I hate most of all is that I am going to continue watching it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Most alcoholic drinks are.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

kater posted:

I think I hate the latest episode of Black Clover more than anything I've ever seen. I don't even know where to start and the thing I hate most of all is that I am going to continue watching it.

You should love yourself more and watch shows you actually enjoy. It's positively refreshing.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

alternatively, save your venom for something more worthwhile than bog standard shonen

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

That certainly sounds like the drink of an alcoholic

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

dogsicle posted:

alternatively, save your venom for something more worthwhile than bog standard shonen

This.
I'm disappointed in it and may stop watching it to save time, but dammit there are so many good characters.
It went from a good shounen manga to an uninspiring shounen anime.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

What happened in it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

lets hang out posted:

What happened in it

it's just moving very slowly and adding some filler here and there. that and there's a rumour going around it's scheduled to run for a full year, which generally means a lower quality show visually.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I don't know what possesses animation companies to look at great shows like Food Wars and My Hero Academia and decide, "No, we are going to do it like Toriko."

I mean, besides the overwhelming potential profits of being the next One Piece. Besides that.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
*looking up from children’s shows* Year long shows can work well and are good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah precure owns

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also lol at going into hysterics because a shonen anime had filler. from the way that dude was talking i thought something valvrave-esque had happened.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

dogsicle posted:

it's just moving very slowly and adding some filler here and there. that and there's a rumour going around it's scheduled to run for a full year, which generally means a lower quality show visually.

It's not some filler here and there, we're three episodes in and the only episode that covers manga material is the first one. They're trying to stretch things out, without pulling what One Piece does where they take three episodes to cover a chapter.

The filler is super pointless and feels kinda desperate, it keeps going on unexpected tangents just to fill up time. But they kinda pull it all together?

If all goes well it's gonna be a bunch of weird bullshit interrupted by a legit good episode so I'm in.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't really remember the beginning of the manga so i assumed the flashback last week and non-montage stuff from this week had all been in there somewhere. it's definitely really weirdly executed but filler like ep3 would be welcome going forward if that's going to be how they adapt this.

Strange Quark posted:

*looking up from children’s shows* Year long shows can work well and are good.

as a heybot fan, i cannot hate on the concept of full year shows, but black clover has extenuating circumstances.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'll probably just skip the filler.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I make it about 35 episodes into most of the year+ long shows, when I watch them as they're airing.

Gave up at about that point in Fairy Tail, Twin Star Eugenicists, One Piece and some others that aren't coming to mind at the moment. I managed to last through Hikaru no Go, Monster and HxH, but I was watching those after they had already completed so maybe it's slightly different when you know you're approaching the goal.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

dogsicle posted:

i don't really remember the beginning of the manga so i assumed the flashback last week and non-montage stuff from this week had all been in there somewhere. it's definitely really weirdly executed but filler like ep3 would be welcome going forward if that's going to be how they adapt this.

as a heybot fan, i cannot hate on the concept of full year shows, but black clover has extenuating circumstances.

nope, it's pretty much been all filter except asta getting the grimoire.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

also lol at going into hysterics because a shonen anime had filler. from the way that dude was talking i thought something valvrave-esque had happened.

Actually, come to think of it, which recent-ish shows have gone completely, hideously sideways after a not-terrible start? I know a lot of goons got mad about Kuma Miko, for one, and Virgin Soul did have the all-consuming Sexy Anime Hitler romance arc.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Darth Walrus posted:

Actually, come to think of it, which recent-ish shows have gone completely, hideously sideways after a not-terrible start? I know a lot of goons got mad about Kuma Miko, for one, and Virgin Soul did have the all-consuming Sexy Anime Hitler romance arc.

rokka no yuusha

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The Colonel posted:

rokka no yuusha

That only goes terrible in the last like 30 seconds, that doesn't really count.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it was also a very faithful adaptation of the books.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

AnoHito posted:

That only goes terrible in the last like 30 seconds, that doesn't really count.

By that metric, neither does Kuma Miko.

Taboo Tattoo is one that I'd say turned to poo poo in the second half, when they decided to give up on pacing and introduce like 12 characters and introduce and resolve 8 plotlines in the span of 4 episodes.

I would say Big Order, as well- the prevailing sentiment is that it was awful from the getgo, but I liked the first five episodes or so. The escalation was amazing- Japan (or whatever the Japan-like country they inhabited was called) nuked its own citizens in episode 3 in order to kill off the protagonist. Then they played around with powers and the way they interacted with one another for a couple episodes in fun ways before they decided to get around to the plot and kill the show.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Kytrarewn posted:

By that metric, neither does Kuma Miko.

uh kuma miko gets pretty awful less than six episodes in

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darth Walrus posted:

re Creators

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Darth Walrus posted:

Virgin Soul did have the all-consuming Sexy Anime Hitler romance arc.

:argh:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

kado the right answer had a terrible ending that was a total antithesis to everything the show was about

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dimension W sure seemed cool when it started.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I somehow missed that Lion S1 was longer than 12 episodes. I just don't know if I can handle such a concentrated dose of The Saddest Boy and Friends.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think shows that start well and then turn into poo poo are way worse than shows which are poo poo the whole way through.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Rangpur posted:

I somehow missed that Lion S1 was longer than 12 episodes. I just don't know if I can handle such a concentrated dose of The Saddest Boy and Friends.

I enjoyed the show way more watching it weekly than when I would binge it so maybe catch up slowly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

a kitten posted:

Dimension W sure seemed cool when it started.

Don't remind me. Funimation was really pushing that one, too.

• Locked thread