Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
You get free engrams every week when your clan does stuff. Once your clan runs the raid, every week you get a single raid engram, for example, that has a single piece of raid gear in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I will not be playing on PC but I came across this subreddit looking for prestige raid stuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTechSupport/

Reddit dudes are the biggest spergs out there and will offer the best tech support next week. Destiny is fuckin' rad and I hope all y'all have a blast next week. I will be eating a hotdog for lunch on Tuesday, only topping will be mustard as god intended(all hot dogs are good dogs tho).

ndyce
Sep 19, 2003

That Robot sodomized McDonalds with a Shotgun!
Signing up for clan 6 of the big dumb spacemen.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Nuebot posted:

You get free engrams every week when your clan does stuff. Once your clan runs the raid, every week you get a single raid engram, for example, that has a single piece of raid gear in it.

oh perfect definitely not joining one then

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

ndyce posted:

Signing up for clan 6 of the big dumb spacemen.

Good dudes in clan 6 (Goldman Shaxx I think, amazing name) but they’re all PSN.

You got two options for clans on PC and it doesn’t matter what you join because we will all be playing together anyway.

You got the Overchills and the HOTDOGS. Pick your poison. Get nude and eat a hotdog while you chill.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Nuebot posted:

I'm sad now.

There's a warmind expansion coming out

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
hi do we know what date the expansion is coming out

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Any word when we can start preloading the game?

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Schneider Heim posted:

Right now my hotdog hombre!

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Claes Oldenburger posted:

Right now my hotdog hombre!

Yassssss

SafetyTrain
Nov 26, 2012

Bringing a knife to a bear fight

Schneider Heim posted:

I'm downloading this poo poo as we speak

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

sadnessboner posted:

I think one's coming in december? The first one is supposedly based on some mercury and osiris poo poo. If they keep up with the sweet mercury style from the first game I'll be down with it. I love vex cubes and poo poo.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

skeletronics posted:

I'm gonna play as a Warlock so I guess I'm not cool.

we are playing on PC, so we are all cool :hf:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
I like the guy that said he want to make a hunter, because I have know many hunters in my life, and he sound like a hunter.

Has for Titans, to be titan is to desire to punch everything. Is nerfed in D2 so if you want to punch stuff, don't pick Titan.

Warlocks have a lot of awesome tools, but many people don't like how they jump.

Cleatcleat
Mar 27, 2010
Signed up for hotdog, golem#1459.

Xenthalon
Jun 28, 2010
Just signed up to Goon Squid Europa, Wofl#2775

Looks PSN heavy to me though, if there is another EU PC only goon clan let me know

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

sadnessboner posted:

Decemberishhhh

Xenthalon posted:

Just signed up to Goon Squid Europa, Wofl#2775

Looks PSN heavy to me though, if there is another EU PC only goon clan let me know

Good news: You'll get Clan Space Communism engrams easily that way I think :v:

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God
I applied for Hot Dog the other day as “wydaddy”. Please let me in.

I’m so, so, so loving excited to play this game on PC. I’ve just gotta get through working this TwitchCon and I’m home free to play some drat Destiny 2. Hell yeah, dudes.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

The Clap posted:

I applied for Hot Dog the other day as “wydaddy”. Please let me in.

I’m so, so, so loving excited to play this game on PC. I’ve just gotta get through working this TwitchCon and I’m home free to play some drat Destiny 2. Hell yeah, dudes.

PC streams at 60fps are going to put the PS4 streams to shame.

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012

Hamelekim posted:

PC streams at 60fps are going to put the PS4 streams to shame.

I'd guess most of the streamers will move to PC...

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

the good fax machine posted:

Hunter dodge move is meh for pve but really good for pvp. Good luck being a lone wolf in pvp

Efb, literally said the same thing lol

The hunter dodge that recharges your melee with the arc tree that refills your dodge on a melee hit is fun as heck in public events and thrall swarms in strikes. Play what's fun don't try to minmax your class in PvP, gunskill and awareness is more important and leveling an alt is pretty quick anyways.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I didn't realize how close we were to release until the other day. My strategy of "Play the gently caress out of other games and don't think about D2 as much as possible" has paid off and the wait was bearable

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

khy posted:

I didn't realize how close we were to release until the other day. My strategy of "Play the gently caress out of other games and don't think about D2 as much as possible" has paid off and the wait was bearable

It definitely helped that there's been a ton of really solid games coming out since the console launch, it's been a good couple of months.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
So whats the deal right now? On reddit in the d2 sub, they're saying the community is dying down (on consoles at least). I want to buy the game, but if it sounds like people are leaving after a few weeks of playing that doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Inside Out Mom posted:

So whats the deal right now? On reddit in the d2 sub, they're saying the community is dying down (on consoles at least). I want to buy the game, but if it sounds like people are leaving after a few weeks of playing that doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.

They made the game incredibly casual. So the things that kept people playing the end game are basically gone. People like slayerage are playing fortnight because they can't find people in their group who want to do the prestige raid a second time.

That said, it is still fun to play, but has turned into, at this point, a game you login and do milestones for and then get off. Still worth playing, but doesn't have any real grind.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Hamelekim posted:

They made the game incredibly casual. So the things that kept people playing the end game are basically gone. People like slayerage are playing fortnight because they can't find people in their group who want to do the prestige raid a second time.

That said, it is still fun to play, but has turned into, at this point, a game you login and do milestones for and then get off. Still worth playing, but doesn't have any real grind.

None of that sounds like a bad thing.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Skoll posted:

None of that sounds like a bad thing.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Right on. That's actually reassuring. I hated the grind of early d1. Looks like I'm still in then.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Inside Out Mom posted:

Right on. That's actually reassuring. I hated the grind of early d1. Looks like I'm still in then.

Oh yeah, me too. I don't miss the grind. But they have balanced weapons for PVP in a way that makes them less fun for PVE. The unbalanced guns were part of the fun in Destiny.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
I think that's ultimately a good thing, but I understand where the people complaining are coming from. The grind is what killed D1 for me. I got burned out around the time the second expansion dropped.

I'm also employed now, and wouldn't have the time anyway, not to mention all the other games coming out next week.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Hungry Computer posted:

I think that's ultimately a good thing, but I understand where the people complaining are coming from. The grind is what killed D1 for me. I got burned out around the time the second expansion dropped.

I'm also employed now, and wouldn't have the time anyway, not to mention all the other games coming out next week.

Yeah same. I played something like 1000+ hours within half a year, it was bad. I don't want another game like that. I've been playing the division for my random loot, and even there I just do the daily missions and maybe kill the named bosses and then I am done.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I skipped out on Destiny 1 but figured hey gently caress it why not for the sequel.

Hopefully the fixation on making only the future spacemen who use anything but guns the cool special boys, isn't quite as bad as everything makes it sound.

I wanted to come to space to shoot cool guns, and cooler guns. Not run around slapping things with medieval weaponry or firing a bow. Isn't that what the other 19 trillion grinding games are for :v:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 19, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
The game is fine, you'll enjoy it.

Killfast37
May 7, 2007
I'm trying to understand why the game isn't unlocking at 12:00am on the 24th instead of early/late afternoon. :shrug: Good thing I took Wednesday off too.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Because 10AM PDT is when they have everyone in the office on a normal workday ready to put out fires as they inevitably pop up when they pull the switch.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
If anything Destiny 2 will probably be better received by PC players than it was with console people because they have fewer preconceptions going in. It's an undeniably good game standalone, but some of the decisions feel like a step backward from what Destiny 1 was

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zo posted:

oh perfect definitely not joining one then

There's an npc that offers random gear for every clan milestone your clan reaches. You don't have to pick up the engrams but they are great for boosting your alts and getting you Trials gear you would not be able to get unless you want to deal with the sweat... and brother it can be reallly sweaty.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

khy posted:

I was doing well until Giant Bomb streamed the raid and I tried to hold off but ugh, I caved and it looks great and will be even better with kbm.

I needed a new mindless distraction as of a week ago, so I restarted Far Cry 4 and by the end of last weekend I had cleared the whole southern section of the map.

I’m off work from Tuesday through Friday so I’ll have plenty of time for D2 and a little Wolf2 and AC Origins.

Don’t forget IOI is announcing new Hitman content Tuesday morning as well!

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The game is fine, you'll enjoy it.

Most of the whining comes basically down to that the game isn't grindy enough. If it had been grindier then people would be too busy grinding to worry about little stuff like a heavy slot being used for a quest that you can delete and get again whenever you want. Or, that you can't delete a whole stack of shaders all at once.

Ironically, Bungo added unique looking gear, with cool glowy effects, to the prestige raid that seems to only drop rarely and requiring potentially weeks of grinding but apparently because it doesn't bump your light level up to 306 it doesn't count, or something.

It would be totally awesome if Bungie changed the prestige raid gear so that if you had a full set your LL was 306 BTW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Murgos posted:

It would be totally awesome if Bungie changed the prestige raid gear so that if you had a full set your LL was 306 BTW.

Then people would complain the only thing they could wear was the prestige raid gear! :psyduck:

• Locked thread