Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

goofy loving dies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

El Padrino posted:

Griffin brought back Raandyy to participate in the great Gnomeregan run in wow :buddy:

I know nothing of the landscape/background of WoW. Is the "Gnomeregan run" the path that Raandyy took in the videos?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hockles posted:

I know nothing of the landscape/background of WoW. Is the "Gnomeregan run" the path that Raandyy took in the videos?

No, it's just a racing event.
However there is a new special surprise at the finish line.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

kidcoelacanth posted:

goofy loving dies

The bit where Donald is just staring ahead while babbling about ice cream nearly killed me

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Don't be afraid~ It's only theatra~

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Hockles posted:

So for years there's been a WoW fan-run charity event for breast caster research where you roll a level 1 pink-haired gnome and run a marathon course going through certain areas.

This year Blizzard decided to make it official with actual course set-up and NPCs cheering you from the sidelines.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Morpheus posted:

The 'super rich'? I get the Canadian equivalent maybe once or twice a month. It's essentially a way to have some interesting dinners with my SO every now and then and not have to worry about buying ingredients that I'll only use part of and then have to throw away.

What is the Canadian equivalent?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Blue Eh-pron.

(Probably HelloFresh.)

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Soup du Jour posted:

The bit where Donald is just staring ahead while babbling about ice cream nearly killed me
Ashley was loving hilarious in this

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Blue Apron is overpriced.

Nature Box rules tho.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Inkspot posted:

Blue Eh-pron.

(Probably HelloFresh.)

There is HelloFresh and Chef's Plate and I believe a few others up here. :canada:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We've got TAZ sign!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Haven't listened yet but the episode description sounds super promising

Serf
May 5, 2011

All I can think when looking at the topic of the newest Sawbones is that Justin and Sydney are now taking Charlie's threats seriously.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They should. Toddlers are terrifying. My four year old told my wife the other night that when he wakes up in the morning he's going to punch her in the face

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Travis should watch himself.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm going to the live show tomorrow in Atlanta. Very excited to not ask an audience question.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Little Mac posted:

I'm going to the live show tomorrow in Atlanta.

Hell yeah me too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

This is where I'd go to the Columbus live show

IF I HAD ONE

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I have tickets to MBMBaM in Nashville this weekend and I can't go, hit me up if you want them for face value.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Little Mac posted:

I'm going to the live show tomorrow in Atlanta. Very excited to not ask an audience question.

Me too. I have prepared an audience question that does not explain my life story and is not a "funny anecdote" or fan theory.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Waffleman_ posted:

This is where I'd go to the Columbus live show

IF I HAD ONE

Have they even had a Vegas show?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Wasabi the J posted:

Have they even had a Vegas show?

The Thunder from Huntington?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Cirque du Buffett

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I guess Adventure Zone is tomorrow but honestly I thought it was supposed to be last week again. I thought it was one setup, then regular, then back to biweekly. Did I make that up or did they delay for reasons? Didn't see it mentioned here.

I think they did say this before they did the setup episode, i remember hearing it too. In the live show ep maybe? Then on the actual setup episode there wasn't mention of it and they said two weeks.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
It’s out, I put it in my ears on the way back from work.

Clint’s voices are magical

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Yeah, that was the original plan, but nothing ever takes as long as planned when it comes to TAZ:

https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/915940731998605314

Also, gently caress, I can't believe MBMBAM is coming to Atlanta on a night when I'm unavailable, so frustrating

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Now that the mixes are out of them are generally pretty good, I think I kind of like the live shows more than the standard episodes. I like that they are usually longer, and aside from a few clunkers there have been some great audience questions. I used to skip them when the mixes were super poor and one of them would be too quiet to hear while another would be too loud.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
The energy of the show is definitely way different when they're in the same room together, so the live shows for sure benefit from that. The only thing with the audience questions is that there's no vetting, which Travis spends a lot of time on for the main show, and more and more lately it seems less like people asking for fake advice and more people looking to tell a story about their wacky friend or something. They're definitely not bad, but I feel like the quality of the shows themselves has dipped inversely with the quality of the recordings.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/TheZoneCast/status/921027699736539137

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
This explains a lot of things about Monster Factory

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

@DocCurm is an incredibly risky username

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Oh my God that map.

For a basically empty room.

What does anything mean?

What's the purple blot?

Why are there hand grenades on the tables?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Wasabi the J posted:

Oh my God that map.

For a basically empty room.

What does anything mean?

What's the purple blot?

Why are there hand grenades on the tables?

The answer to most of these are that they are stock images.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
What use does a "hand grenade on a table viewed from above" stock image serve?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think those are supposed to be mugs full of drink.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Wasabi the J posted:

What use does a "hand grenade on a table viewed from above" stock image serve?

A table in the case of operations of someone who uses weapons regularly. You know, like characters in an RPG like they're playing?

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
I really liked the dynamic between the new characters. Of course in the setup episode everything was exaggerated, but during play it works really really well.

I also love Clint's mechanic that powers only work when they're within 100 yards of each other, eliminating the chance of anyone going rogue. It was really loving good gameplay design.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Going to the Nashville mbmbam show this weekend. For some reason, I love listening to terrible audience questions. I really hope someone is able to be worse than the Ben & Jerry's guy, but that's a high bar.

I missed the Blue Apron derail. But it's good and makes me cook stuff outside my wheelhouse. It also has a lot of high calorie stuff. So if you count calories, you can turn 6 meals into 8 or 9 every week. Makes it way more viable in terms of cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I really liked the dynamic between the new characters. Of course in the setup episode everything was exaggerated, but during play it works really really well.

I also love Clint's mechanic that powers only work when they're within 100 yards of each other, eliminating the chance of anyone going rogue. It was really loving good gameplay design.

Yea the character creation was rough but this episode was great, and that mechanic is both genre fitting and brilliant.