Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Andrast posted:

Considering how bad Dishonored 2 runs on anything, I can't imagine it being workable on the switch

Doesn't Dishonored 1 run on 360 hardware though? It can be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

Doesn't Dishonored 1 run on 360 hardware though? It can be done.

Yeah 1 runs fine

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Andrast posted:

Yeah 1 runs fine

Isn't Dishonored 1 basically 'stock' Unreal engine 3? That thing would run on a potato at this point.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

magimix posted:

Isn't Dishonored 1 basically 'stock' Unreal engine 3? That thing would run on a potato at this point.
Dishonored 1 is UE3, yes. Dishonored 2 uses a hosed up hack-up of Id Tech 5.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

magimix posted:

And yet they still couldn't get it running past 30 on a PS4

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Takoluka posted:

My frame of reference here is mostly built on how Splatoon eventually became unplayable outside of private settings, because people were hacking 100% coverage onto weapons and teleportation movement.
Even if the Switch isn't broken wide open, people will probably figure out enough about how it works that they'll be able to emulate it, and an emulated Switch is inherently not trustworthy and people can do their cheats that way. There's really nothing that can be done that. Nintendo has to have a strategy to aggressively target online cheating and disincentivize it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I ran into another Mario Odyssey demo kiosk at GameStop, this one also had the connected Joycons set up with a grip, rather than just separated joycons. This felt a good bit more comfortable since my thumbs had more room to rest instead of having to scrunch up to press the buttons. Felt much better and I'm a bit more comfortable with getting a Switch in the near future.

I hope the final version of Odyssey has a camera sensitivity option, it's pretty drat stiff to rotate the view in the demo

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Augus posted:

I ran into another Mario Odyssey demo kiosk at GameStop, this one also had the connected Joycons set up with a grip, rather than just separated joycons. This felt a good bit more comfortable since my thumbs had more room to rest instead of having to scrunch up to press the buttons. Felt much better and I'm a bit more comfortable with getting a Switch in the near future.

I hope the final version of Odyssey has a camera sensitivity option, it's pretty drat stiff to rotate the view in the demo

Nintendo is a little weird with their camera's I think. I had to turn the sensitivity to max in BotW.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Kins posted:

Speaking of iD tech 5, the 360 ran Rage, too!

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

The Kins posted:

I was quite lucky with D2, in that I didn't really run into the issue that many others initially did. A shame those issues seemed to overshadow the game at release[1]; Dishonored 2 is loving *rad*.

[1] Certainly not saying it wasn't *earned*; publishers get a little too comfortable with their 'known shippables' sometimes.

Sakurazuka posted:

And yet they still couldn't get it running past 30 on a PS4

I said it could *run* on a potato. I didn't specify a framerate :colbert: I love my "Trials Fusion" and "NowTV" machine

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Augus posted:

Same, but if they don't implement a slider, I can live with it I guess. One of the trigger buttons snaps the camera behind Mario, if it's of any consolation.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I was trying to trick myself into thinking Hollow Knight might come out by Halloween, but that seems unlikely. From Team Cherry:

"PAX Australia begins in Melbourne on the 27th of this Month, just one day after Grimm’s big debut. Team Cherry won’t be showing Hollow Knight at the Con (We’re holding off till we can show everyone the Switch version!)[...]"

Means it at least won't be ready by Mario Day :gbsmith:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
drat it Takoluka I can't get that one specific image of a cat in a Santa outfit knocking papers into a shredder out of my head now.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Infinitum posted:

Lookin forward to the inevitable Switch emulator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-74mhiC2N18

looks kinda gross tbh. like they threw a bad sweetfx profile in there for the cemu version.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

yeah that "clarity" lighting darkens the game way too much

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dishonored 2 runs fine on PS4 and PC now for me but obviously it wouldn't work on Switch, I was talking about a hopefully 60fps version of D1 for Switch. It's kind of nuts how Tango Softwork did the same thing--a modified id tech engine--with Evil Within 2 and that runs fine. Arkane really got the short end of the stick with their hosed up Void thing.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

My wife just bought a second Switch because she wanted to play Stardew Valley and our daughter was already playing.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Phantasium posted:

Don't buy Kemco mobile ports

When I first realized Kemco is the same company that was involved in Drakken for the SNES I was shocked.

Then I remembered playing Drakken and it all made sense. :v:

Waltzing Along posted:

Who cares about streaming services when there is no VC on the thing. But oh no, that might cut into sold out NES/SNES classic sales.

And the upcoming Gameboy Classic that Nintendo filed trademarks for recently.

If Nintendo said "hey you have a Switch. Instead of paying X for a [console] Classic you can pay X-5bux (or whatever) to buy the [console] Classic Bundle for your Switch" I'd jump on that immediately even though the emulation for those things is hilariously bad compared to emulators that exist on PC.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Maybe Netflix will release an app that has an interface that isn't completely terrible in every way

Use Funimation's Playstation 3 app if you want to see what a mind-blowingly awful video app design looks like. IDK if it's just as bad on PS4 or not. I just remember trying it on a PS3 and it was like a case study in how to design an app that shows just how much you hate your customers.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so has anyone figured out whether you can transfer only one profile to another Switch or is it all or nothing

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

TFRazorsaw posted:

so has anyone figured out whether you can transfer only one profile to another Switch or is it all or nothing

You can transfer single profiles, yes.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

TheMadMilkman posted:

My wife just bought a second Switch because she wanted to play Stardew Valley and our daughter was already playing.

sounds like a cool lady

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

TheMadMilkman posted:

Stardew Valley: literally the killer app that sold your family a second Switch

(my save file is at 70 hours I'm not actually mocking you)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is the Mario Odyssey Switch bundle a limited time thing? Or is it gonna stick around for a while?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This week's drop

Switch
    ACA NeoGeo Robo Army ($7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99) [NA eShop] [PAL eShop]
    ROBO ARMY is a beat-'em-up action game released by SNK in 1991. Head out to crush and destroy your enemies in order to restore peace from under the grasp of the robot corps known as Hell Jeed. Collect items to power up and perform a variety of attacks in this exhilarating battle.

The Count Lucanor ($13.49 / £11.99 / €14.99) [NA eShop] [PAL eShop]
    Join Hans in a fantasy world and experience a unique adventure, full of surprises and challenges. Get hooked on an immersive tale, where every decision counts and every clue is a piece to solve the puzzle and get the treasure. Unravel the sordid secrets of the castle, meet colourful characters, and remember: horror always lurks beneath the surface.

Don't Knock Twice ($9.99 / £9.99 / €12.49) [NA eShop] [PAL eShop]
    Don't Knock Twice is a first-person horror game based on a psychologically terrifying urban legend. To save her estranged daughter, a guilt-ridden mother must uncover the frightening truth behind the urban tale of a vengeful, demonic witch. One knock to wake her from her bed, twice to raise her from the dead.

Elliot Quest ($9.99 / £ ? / € ?) [NA eShop] [PAL eShop]
    Explore a vibrant, open-world filled with hidden secrets and mysterious Guardians that can help cure Elliot's curse of immortality. Throughout this adventure, you'll collect countless abilities and spells, quest through five dungeons, and defeat 16 unique bosses along your way to unlocking multiple endings.

Fire Emblem Warriors ($59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99) [NA eShop] [PAL eShop]
    Clash with legions of soldiers and fierce monsters as Marth, Xander, Corrin, and other fan-favourite Fire Emblem heroes in Fire Emblem Warriors for Nintendo Switch. Unleash over-the-top-powerful Dynasty Warriors-style moves as renowned and original Fire Emblem characters, and issue strategic commands in the midst of battle as you fend off hordes of enemies with stunning attacks.

The Jackbox Part Pack 4 ($24.99 / £19.99 / €21.99) [NA eShop] [PAL eShop]
    The biggest and fourthiest addition to this storied party game franchise features not five, but five-and-a-half crowd-slaying games!

Just Dance 2018 ($59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99) [NA eShop] [PAL eShop]
    Whether you're a party starter, a dancer in the making, or a seasoned pro, get ready to turn up the volume and unleash your inner dancer with Just Dance® 2018!

Jydge ($14.99 / £12.99 / €14.99) [NA eShop] [PAL eShop]
    Build your JYDGE. Enter Edenbyrg. Get out alive. JYDGE is a lawful but awful roguehate top-down shooter where you get to build your own cybernetic JYDGE and eradicate crime in the never-sleeping megacity of Edenbyrg.

Lego Ninjago Movie Videogame (£49.99 / €59.99) [PAL eShop]
    Find your inner ninja with the all-new LEGO® NINJAGO® Movie Videogame! Play as your favourite ninjas, Lloyd, Jay, Kai, Cole, Zane, Nya and Master Wu to defend their home island of Ninjago from the evil Lord Garmadon and his Shark Army.

Knight Terrors ($2.99) [NA eShop]
    Knight Terrors goes straight for the jugular: It's a lurid mash-up of side-scrolling gameplay styles that will remind you of runners that are endless and birds that are flappy. Special effects like screen shaking and time stopping magnify the impact of every enemy interaction. Once you're hooked, the game keeps pulling you back in to increase your high score and unlock more features. What's more, the procedurally generated levels ensure unlimited replayability—it's a different game each and every time you play.

The Mummy Demastered ($19.99) [NA eShop]
    The Mummy Demastered throws you into a 16-bit-inspired battle against the undead in a 2D, nonlinear, action-packed adventure. As an elite agent in the monster-hunting Prodigium organization, you must use a variety of weapons, upgrades, and magical artifacts to defend mankind against the supernatural hordes of Princess Ahmanet. Your Prodigium teammates are already on the scene, but HQ lost contact with them hours ago; only by exploring tombs, forests, abandoned tunnels, and the cursed streets of London will you discover the fate of your allies. But beware - Ahmanet commands legions of zombies, insects, plague-ridden vermin, and worse... and if you're not careful, you'll be the next soul in Ahmanet's thrall.

Party Golf ($15.00 / £13.49 / €14.99) [NA eShop] [PAL eShop]
    Tee off simultaneously to a psychedelic 2D world, with satisfyingly simple physics, except it’s a frenetic free-for-all to get in the hole. It’s instant fun with endless variety; there are trillions of gameplay combinations, from giant banana balls to turbo power-ups. This spontaneous couch party may drive a wedge between friends, but have everyone shouting “just one more round!”

Putty Pals ($9.99 / £7.50 / €8.50) [NA eShop] [PAL eShop]
    Two adorable bouncing blobs are lost far from home, and only teamwork, communication and a whole lot of hilarious mistakes will guide them back. Sitting side-by-side on the couch, you and a friend will glide, bounce, squish and swing your way through a vibrant cartoon landscape, solving puzzles, avoiding danger and uncovering hidden secrets.

Revenant Saga ($12.99 / £11.69 / €12.99) [NA eShop] [PAL eShop]
    Become a Revenant and find the truth beyond revenge in this gothic fantasy RPG with stunning 3D battles!

Rogue Trooper Redux ($24.99 / £19.99 / €24.99) [NA eShop] [PAL eShop]
    A pioneering tactical shooter and landmark comic book adaptation, Rogue Trooper is back, remastered and revitalised in true high definition.

You are the last Genetic Infantryman (GI). Bred for war and betrayed by your superiors at the Quartz Zone massacre, you stalk the battlefield as a one-man squad, carrying the sentient biochips of three fallen soldiers in your rifle, pack and helmet.

Spelunker Party! ($29.99 / £24.99 / €29.99) [NA eShop] [PAL eShop]
    Go on a Journey to the underground with your buddies! Spelunker Party! is now on Nintendo Switch! Offline and online* co-op multiplayer for up to 4 players! Power-up your characters by customising them with various costumes and items! A variety of adorable pets are also here to help you on your adventure! Time Attack, Quests and more! Enjoy Spelunker Party! together!

Super Ping Pong Trick Shot ($4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99) [NA eShop] [PAL eShop]
    Try throwing a ball across a room filled with moving platforms and obstacles and into a cup! Test your throwing skills across 80 challenges with mission and sub-mission objectives such as making the ball bounce twice, or using at least 75% power. In addition to the single player Mission and Time Attack modes, there's also a two-player competitive mode! Go head-to-head with a friend to see who can throw the most balls into the cup and use special items to get an advantage over your opponent!

Syberia ($29.99 / £26.99 / €29.99) [NA eShop] [PAL eShop]
    Kate Walker, a young New York attorney, is sent by her law firm to the small French village of Valadilène. Her mission: complete negotiations for the purchase of an automaton factory on behalf of a large multinational. She has no idea what the future holds in store for her…

Join Kate Walker on an extraordinary journey that takes her all the way from Western Europe to the far reaches of Eastern Russia. You will come across a host of endearing characters and incredible locations as you search for traces of Hans Voralberg, the genius inventor of the automatons. It is a search that will take you to the legendary island of Syberia, in the far North of the continent, where the last living mammoths reside, hidden from modern eyes...

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

RatHat posted:

Is the Mario Odyssey Switch bundle a limited time thing? Or is it gonna stick around for a while?

I expect it'll be very hard to locate one over the holiday season

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Oh poo poo Jackbox 4 is today? i have the rest on Steam so I'll probably get it there just to have them all in one spot but drat that rules. These are the best local multiplayer games around.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Takoluka posted:

You can transfer single profiles, yes.

so if, theoretically, I bought my sister a Switch for Christmas, and transferred it, she'd have her own saves and profiles on it?

How do purchases work? A lot of the games were bought with my account but playable on her user profile. Would she have to buy all that stuff on her own?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Frankston posted:

I expect it'll be very hard to locate one over the holiday season

Yeah. I work at Best Buy and, while we have Switches now, that isn't going to last come next month. This is doubly true for anything with "Mario" and "Special Edition" on it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

TFRazorsaw posted:

so if, theoretically, I bought my sister a Switch for Christmas, and transferred it, she'd have her own saves and profiles on it?

How do purchases work? A lot of the games were bought with my account but playable on her user profile. Would she have to buy all that stuff on her own?

If I'm reading it all right, her profile and saves will transfer, the games will not. She will need to buy her own to continue playing.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Hrm.

Well that's slightly less cost effective but technically doable...

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
robo army looks badass. off to buy it right now.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

TFRazorsaw posted:

When you open the eshop, you know how you have to select a user profile? If the game was bought by your profile it stays on the switch, if it was bought under her profile the license for it would transfer off (she'd still have to redownload it on her switch though).

e: That assumes her profile has it's own online nintendo account associated with it, although presumably it'd need one to buy something on the store in the first place

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the month that the switch eshop doesn't update with a new golf game is the month we can declare nintendo doomed

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

RatHat posted:

The Splatoon 2 Walmart one is still around but you’d be better off getting it sooner rather then later if you want one.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9ST4oBS984

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

robo army is indeed, badass. you can turn into a car and fight a giant robot monkey.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

That sounds like something you can do in SMO.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Guys

Guys

There's less than a week until SMO

ONE WEEK

GET

HYPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih323XXu_3w

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Infinitum posted:

Guys

Guys

There's less than a week until SMO

ONE WEEK

GET

HYPE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih323XXu_3w

You're not truly hyped unless you go up every set of stairs you encounter during the day backwards and butt-first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
really curious how the mummy demastered is gonna turn out

• Locked thread