Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

this entire week has seen a load of anti-Semitic stereotypes proven true, between Weinstein’s thing and the US quitting UNESCO because “it hates Israel”

uhhh

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Troy Queef posted:

this entire week has seen a load of anti-Semitic stereotypes proven true, between Weinstein’s thing and the US quitting UNESCO because “it hates Israel”

somebody forgot to tell this guy that anti-zionism isnt anti-sematism

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Fallen Hamprince posted:

somebody forgot to tell this guy that anti-zionism isnt anti-sematism

I do like that Bibi pushing that line so hard is helping make anti-semitism ok because people think 'wait so if I think you shouldn't firebomb hospitals I am an anti-semite, guess its not that bad then'

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
jews are poc now that we live in trump’s america

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
the loving weird thing is that Israeli Jews and Orthodox Jewish organizations loving love Trump in spite of all the anti-Semitism and the fact that he's literally condoning neo-Nazis

just like with evangelicals and fundamentalists, the fact that he's pushing far-right policy is more important to these people than the fact that he's human scum who goes against the most basic tenets of their supposed beliefs

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

They all think they can just bail out to Israel.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They all think they can just bail out to Israel.
2032: President Rocky Suhayda allows the Jews of America to emigrate to Israel by plane. Proves that he's at least "one-tenth as serious as the bin Laden terrorists". Israel remains a loyal partner to the US.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/JSCCounterPunch/status/920671290394071040

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

shots fired (at Indonesian civilians)

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Lindy West owns

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!

got any sevens posted:

so when will they invite marxists?

yeah marxists are totally unwelcome on college campuses

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Nebakenezzer posted:

Lindy West owns

counterpoint: she's a hack

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lindy "And that's why it is politically transgressive to simply be fat and happy in public. It is against all the rules" west

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Despite her degenerated politics we are obliged to defend lindy west against the perpetual reactionary onslaught that she faces

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
please do not defend nyt opinion writers

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
the failing lindy west

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

GalacticAcid posted:

Despite her degenerated politics we are obliged to defend lindy west against the perpetual reactionary onslaught that she faces

do i need to pull up her Guardian columns where she bragged about how she was marrying a fairly in-shape PoC dude and thus was more feminist than you

because i just might

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the overwhelming bourgeois whiteness of the failing New York Times opinion column

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Troy Queef posted:

do i need to pull up her Guardian columns where she bragged about how she was marrying a fairly in-shape PoC dude and thus was more feminist than you

because i just might

still better than the rest of the NYT Opinion Crew

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

GalacticAcid posted:

lol she's fine

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Troy Queef posted:

because i just might

No way you could pull up a Lindy West column without some sort of forklift or pulley system.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

an actual dog posted:

lol she's fine

she likes to use the same censorship language that so-called "obscenity advocates" from the 70s like dworkin were fond of

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lindy West is absolutely yet boogie white woman who sees Hillary as an avatar for all of womanhood

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ite-supremacist

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/apr/14/hillary-clinton-presidency-woman-oval-office

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I GOT MORE
https://www.theguardian.com/film/commentisfree/2016/nov/29/disney-moana-trump-america-diversity-election

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/sep/27/fat-people-rise-up-we-could-swing-this-election

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/15/political-correctness-free-speech-racism-misogyny-university-yale-missouri

and the one about her wedding that I mentioned earlier: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/jul/21/my-wedding-perfect-fat-woman

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Taintrunner posted:

the overwhelming bourgeois whiteness of the failing New York Times opinion column

she is the curvy wife :stare:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

NYT: Why Democrats Need Wall Street

quote:

Memories in politics are short, but those policies are vastly different from the program of the party’s traditional center-left coalition. Under Bill Clinton, that coalition balanced the budget, acknowledged the limits of government and protected the essential programs that make up the social safety net.

President Clinton did this, in part, by moving the party away from a reflexive anti-Wall Street posture. It’s not popular to say so today, but there are still compelling reasons Democrats should strengthen ties to Wall Street.

As the party has left behind that version of liberalism, it has also found its way to its weakest electoral position — nationally and at the state level — since the 1920s. Hillary Clinton’s lurch to the left probably cost her
key Midwestern states that Barack Obama had won twice and led to the election of Donald Trump.

For the 2020 election, some of the party’s strongest potential presidential candidates — Senators Cory Booker, Kirsten Gillibrand and Kamala Harris as well as Deval Patrick, the former Massachusetts governor — should not be dismissed simply because of their current or past ties to Wall Street.

If voters really hated ties to Wall Street and financial elites, Republicans would not enjoy such a commanding electoral position — or have elected a New York plutocrat president. Most voters’ major problems with President Trump stem from his performance, not from his wealth or connections to Wall Street.

Fourth, demonizing Wall Street does nothing to bridge the widening gaps in our country. Wall Street has its flaws and abuses, which were addressed in part by the Dodd-Frank financial reform law. And yes, the American people are certainly hostile to and suspicious of Wall Street. But using this suspicion and hostility as the organizing principle for a major political party will consign Democrats to permanent minority status.

Here’s what the Democrats need to do instead: develop a set of pro-growth, inclusive economic policies. Democratic leaders must prioritize entrepreneurship, small-business growth and the expansion of job-training and retraining programs.

The Democrats need to partner with the financial community on these issues. Most important, the Democrats have simply had an ineffective, negative and coercive economic message. Advocacy of a $15 minimum wage and further banking regulation does not constitute a positive, proactive agenda.

This was evident to Democrats in the 1990s. From 1996 to 2000, for example, Democrats led the way on two key economic legislative victories. First, the Telecommunications Act of 1996 deregulated the communications and cable industries, increased growth and enhanced market competition. Second, the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999 removed regulations placed on financial institutions by bureaucrats and expanded opportunities for Wall Street to engage in mergers and acquisitions, adding wealth to the retirement accounts and other investment portfolios of millions of middle-class Americans.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Lol "Douglas Schoen"...I'm guessing this is the Schoen in "Penn Schoen Berland," loving Mark Penn's polling company?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

She's gotta be a false flag.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Is overpaid fathead a term?

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

I recall her doing some amusing articles awhile back but I think gamergate broke her brain.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Durf posted:

I recall her doing some amusing articles awhile back but I think gamergate broke her brain.

one of her articles posted upthread was from 2012, long before "ethics in games journalism" was something anyone said. she's built a Brand® (complete with a book that has been optioned as a TV show by Elizabeth Banks' "feminist TV production studio") and has to protect it at all costs.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

:barf:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

that nut graf tho

quote:

For the bazillionth time, it is known, I am pretty fat. We have covered this. And yet, contrary to popular belief, I sometimes participate in non-fat activities such as exercising, enjoying a crispy salad, not crying, wearing a pencil skirt, and not reclining under the gravy spout all day while I wait for Jerry Springer to de-fuse my giant butt from my toilet. It's true! Go ahead and verify it! E-mail my mom! I will wait.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

The great thing about this is CSPAM has been saying this for like a year *sarcastically*

Because while this is what some obviously believe, they are too smart to come out and say it

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Yes what a terrible thing it is to work to get not Donald Trump elected

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

extremely glad of the successes of the fat coalition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

imagine a future where president hillary owed her election success to the fat acceptance movement