Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

If he keeps trending the way he is you might have to mail it to a prison.

if he goes to prison I'll deliver in person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

That craven toady posted:

“And he said to me, ‘What do I say’” Kelly recalled Trump asking him, before calling the families of those lost in Niger.

“I said to him, sir, there’s nothing you can do to lighten the burden on these families,” Kelly continued. “But let me tell you what I tell them, let me tell you what my best friend, Joe Dunford, told me, because he was my casualty officer.”

“He said ‘Kel, he was doing exactly what he wanted to do when he was killed. He knew what he was getting into by joining that 1 percent.’”

Kelly was the source of the "He knew what he signed up for line." Kelly was the loving source. It's a terrible thing to say to a widow even before Trump twisted it up. And now Kelly is complaining about someone overhearing it instead of resigning in disgrace. I'm glad I never had to salute that rear end in a top hat. I'd have to consider chopping my hand off.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
It's what Dunford said to him about his son. Maybe something a father in the military might understand maybe not something a wife is going to take too well.

He also told Trump calling was a bad idea so...

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
How does Kelly know what trump said during the sacred phone call?

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
I thought we already established that he was listening? The whole thing is loving twisted.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

lightpole posted:

It's what Dunford said to him about his son. Maybe something a father in the military might understand maybe not something a wife is going to take too well.

Yeah when I first heard it, I thought it was something that *might* not sound terrible coming from like a SNCO or something to other service members.

It's a loving retarded thing to say to a widow. Christ.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Mr. Nice! posted:

Richard Spencer booed/heckled so hard he has fled campus.

OH BABY YOU

YOU GOT WHAT I NEEEEEEEEED

https://twitter.com/GettyImagesNews/status/921104412222902275

https://twitter.com/harrisalexc/status/921092177081577472

https://twitter.com/harrisalexc/status/921094764203859969

https://twitter.com/DreaCornejo/status/921101675938664449

The Alex Harris Twitter feed seems like the best place for video that I've found so far. I've linked the highlights. One person was led away for having a gun on him, didn't have good video of that. Solid, solid pictures of a Nazi being punched, so the day has become better.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

https://twitter.com/xychelsea/status/921048538607509505

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah when I first heard it, I thought it was something that *might* not sound terrible coming from like a SNCO or something to other service members.

It's a loving retarded thing to say to a widow. Christ.

It's something that someone with tact, sound word choice and a sympathetic tone could possibly convey without coming off as completely callous. This is not what we've got.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Thats👏👏some😂😂😂good👌poo poo💯💯

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Woof Blitzer posted:

Thats👏👏some😂😂😂good👌poo poo💯💯

Her emoji usage is truly her most unforgivable crime.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Since when does this forum have enough reverence for senior military service leaders in the first place to act disappointed when they fellate the Big Trumper

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 19, 2017

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

:sad:

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Vasudus posted:

Yeah I had mad respect for McMaster until I think it was the Syrian airbase attack that happened 87 years ago. Oh well.

I mean we didn't get into a war with Russia and there haven't been more chemical weapon attacks, so honestly I'm not that annoyed about that.

E: lol gently caress off Manning

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 19, 2017

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Since when the does this forum have enough reverence for senior military service leaders in the first place to act disappointed when they fellate the Big Trumper

Lest we forget: Hang All Nobles

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

I feel like something like this happens every time there's one of these things and it always gets upheld as a "hey maybe there is hope" and "dialogue works!" Type thing. No, unless he straight up renounced it all, gently caress that and gently caress nazis

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

lightpole posted:

So like that King of the Hill where Peggy is losing it in nervousness about her Boggle championship and asks Hank to tell her something inspirational.

Hank: Well, there's something coach used to tell us when we were losing in a game that would fire us up...

Peggy: OK, give it a shot

Hank: YOU'RE A WORTHLESS SISSY! YOU MISERABLE FAILURES DESERVE EVERY BIT OF THIS HORRI-

Peggy: :cry:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
:siren: LIVE POLICE CHASE IN CALIFORNIA :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYb1XjD9nl8

Edit: He gave up, it's over

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 19, 2017

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

run oj run

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It sounds to me like the sentiment that Kelly was trying to hand over to the toddler-in-chief was supposed to be "he died fighting for the country he loved, and he's probably OK with that" but the words got filtered through a swiss-cheesed dementia mush brain and the emotional content was thoroughly rejected by a hideously hosed up personality that sees empathy as trying to divide by zero.

So Kelly's continued support is, as was said before, pouring liquid dog poo poo on his own reputation.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

manning is trying to prove she's female by emulating sorority girls

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

The thing I hate about Manning's tweet is that while I think Richard Spencer is absolutely vile and a complete piece of poo poo, yelling "FASCIST POLICE STATE" because he was allowed to hold his stupid assembly (that he paid for) despite numerous people protesting it is retarded.

Cops protecting shitheads like spencer while they hold an assembly isn't new and pretending that it is and it's the sign of a fascist police state is loving dumb.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Handsome Ralph posted:

The thing I hate about Manning's tweet is that while I think Richard Spencer is absolutely vile and a complete piece of poo poo, yelling "FASCIST POLICE STATE" because he was allowed to hold his stupid assembly (that he paid for) despite numerous people protesting it is retarded.

Cops protecting shitheads like spencer while they hold an assembly isn't new and pretending that it is and it's the sign of a fascist police state is loving dumb.

I find it simultaneously ironic and revealing that Manning's ilk call the protection of the legitimate exercise of free speech fascism. Quite the contrary.

Spencer is a Nazi piece of poo poo, but he is an American citizen and has all of the rights that that entails.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

All the media commentators in nz are butthurt as gently caress right now and one day after a government was formed declaring it to be a disaster and accusing the prime minister-elect of Stockholm Syndrome lmao

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
UF had to pay for the police protection themselves I thought, something like 600k

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Iron Rose posted:

I find it simultaneously ironic and revealing that Manning's ilk call the protection of the legitimate exercise of free speech fascism. Quite the contrary.

Spencer is a Nazi piece of poo poo, but he is an American citizen and has all of the rights that that entails.

The problem is the lengths that the authorities are going to to protect his speech. $600k for security and a state of emergency is loving insane.

Like yeah everyone deserves the right to free speech, but when you're spending over half a million to protect the right to free speech of a loving nazi, something's really hosed up.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Aussies mad, fail to understand proportional representation despite having it for years.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Also by definition they aren't losers :xd:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Also would

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Also by definition they aren't losers :xd:

You got Trumped bro.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I voted for her so not really

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Fister Roboto posted:

The problem is the lengths that the authorities are going to to protect his speech. $600k for security and a state of emergency is loving insane.

Like yeah everyone deserves the right to free speech, but when you're spending over half a million to protect the right to free speech of a loving nazi, something's really hosed up.
Yes, something's really hosed up, and it's not the protecting free speech part.

Bonus points for "free speech, but."

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Fister Roboto posted:

The security isn't to protect the speech, it's to keep the protest and counter protest from turning into Charlottesville 2: 2 Nazi 2 Tiki

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
gently caress Richard Spencer and the police

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

joat mon posted:

Yes, something's really hosed up, and it's not the protecting free speech part.

Bonus points for "free speech, but."

Isn't Free Speech the most readily abrogated right codified in the Bill of Rights? When you contextualize these type of events with the types of organizing taking place on-line on forums like stormfront the idea that the problem lies with those counter-protesting appearances is pretty transparently retarded.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Mister Sinewave posted:

So like that King of the Hill where Peggy is losing it in nervousness about her Boggle championship and asks Hank to tell her something inspirational.

Hank: Well, there's something coach used to tell us when we were losing in a game that would fire us up...

Peggy: OK, give it a shot

Hank: YOU'RE A WORTHLESS SISSY! YOU MISERABLE FAILURES DESERVE EVERY BIT OF THIS HORRI-

Peggy: :cry:

This is not it at all and I'll have you not besmirch Hank of the Hill.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Milo and POTUS posted:

This is not it at all and I'll have you not besmirch Hank of the Hill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwfYTSdJ7kY

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

See what I mean? Much better :D

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
It is amusing to see Nazis fall back on the bill of rights they openly want to gut. They are taking cover under free speech protections to promote an ideology that would revoke those same protections.

And expecting people to peacefully accept the speech of people who want to gain political power so they can eliminate them doesn't seem entirely reasonable either. How do you draw the line between "I want to kill that black guy, Bob.", "I want to kill all black people", and "It sure would be nice if you voted us into power and something happened to all these black people"? Reasonable people can come down on different limits for acceptable speech as it comes to promoting violence, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It is amusing to see Nazis fall back on the bill of rights they openly want to gut. They are taking cover under free speech protections to promote an ideology that would revoke those same protections.

Agreed.

I think my frustration is when people on the left scream "FASCIST POLICE STATE" about the cops protecting shitheads like Spencer whereas I'm completely fine with the argument of "Hey, it's an issue that these assholes are costing the state half a million dollars to provide security among other issues. That's problematic for numerous reasons beyond the cost."

I just get annoyed when every little thing is suddenly the action of a fascist state according to those types. It detracts from the meaning of the word to the point if/when that poo poo does actually start occuring, people ignore you because you've cried wolf for so loving long.

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/xychelsea/status/921065479845773312

Look at this poo poo. That's certainly a creative take on how things played out.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 20, 2017

• Locked thread