Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Yeah--without Third Rome "First Come, First Served" is beyond tedious. But with it, you can get a fair number of the custom nation achievements (like "For Odin") in the same run. The key, of course, is expanding as fast as possible, grabbing the territory of other American nations as soon as possible. Also using that sweet colonial development perk you can get in the first Age of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

can you revert to a specific 22.x or just the latest version 22. free siberian frontiers may be lost to time

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

oddium posted:

can you revert to a specific 22.x or just the latest version 22. free siberian frontiers may be lost to time

Could you still get yourself under 200 points by taking it as your only idea and giving yourself like a 16 year old 0-0-0 king with bad traits to get negative points and only a single province to bring you just under the limit? Siberian Frontiers is so great you'd probably still come out massively ahead.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Gravity Cant Apple posted:

Buy Third Rome, roll back to when Siberian Frontiers for custom nations still cost 0 points, start in Panama, profit.

Isn't that too far back for achieves?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Nope. Rolling back only disables chievos added after the patch you’re rolling back to.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I think before a certain patch it disables them altogether, but I might be misremembering.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it looks like before 1.6 disables ironman so no achievements. probably because 1.6 adds an offline checksum

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

As others said, you can only roll back to before major releases, but the Siberian Frontiers gained their cost as part of a hotfix, so you can't roll back to a patch with free Siberian Frontiers.

More specifically, Siberian Frontiers was added in 1.22, and then Siberian Frontiers was patched in 1.22.1. There is no option to roll back to 1.22

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If someone still has the files around, you should be able to manually install them and still play Ironman (because it's a valid checksum), yes?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Jabor posted:

If someone still has the files around, you should be able to manually install them and still play Ironman (because it's a valid checksum), yes?

I think so, but the game may try to patch you if you connect to the internet

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I have a save from 1450 as Norse/Manchu starting in Panama with Siberian Frontiers. Ironman, eligible for Ideas Guy and a ton of other achievements.

I can post it to dropbox or something if somebody wants it. You don't need to roll back any patches.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I feel like at that point you might as well build a nation that otherwise is in the limit, then use the "cheat in a negative one million monarch point consort" hack to give yourself siberian frontiers.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ask yourself, is it truly an achievement at that point??

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Alexander the Great got handed a perfect start and arguably savescummed until he lost interest in the campaign.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I just got this guy.

How long until I get Heir Falls Ill/Hunting Accident? :v:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

You need to start mashing that abdicate button, pronto.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Your current leader will set a longevity record.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Well he died a year later but I got 33 good years out of him.

Also glad he rolled Sinner. :v:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

low key great power Albania humblebrag

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

oddium posted:

low key great power Albania humblebrag

Sounds like someone asked for some border gore.

France is currently in a PU under Salzburg.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR
Albanian Eastern Europe -> Northern Africa :stare:

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

It always brings a tear to my eye, seeing Moldavia on the map.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Detheros posted:

This is a masterpiece

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Detheros posted:

Holy loving poo poo, that really is something. Bravo, good sir.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

most of all i respect the decision to not no cb circassia. really earn that cheivo

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Detheros posted:

you have to extend the line to east Asia now imo

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

I very nearly ran out of time in my Byz -> Mare Nostrum game, but it was satisfying to machine gun truce break with France four three times in a row.

THE BAR fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Oct 20, 2017

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
More people need to do the "Own every Chinaware province as Saxony". House rule: no exploration allowed, take the land way.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

oddium posted:

most of all i respect the decision to not no cb circassia. really earn that cheivo
Is...is that something that people do? Sail all the way over to Circassia? Do they annex it and let Skanderbeg enjoy fall on the Black Sea?

THE BAR posted:

I very nearly ran out of time in my Byz -> Mare Nostrum game, but it was satisfying to machine gun truce break with France four three times in a row.

You just love Spring on the Baltic that much, dont you?

Detheros posted:

Of course both the Ottomans and Spain go hard and look really powerful.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Is...is that something that people do? Sail all the way over to Circassia? Do they annex it and let Skanderbeg enjoy fall on the Black Sea?

well if you want to own the caucus region (and you do want to own it if you're going for the achievement) then yeah no cb'ing circassia before ottomania runs wild is the easier strat

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Detheros posted:

I'm the Teutonic Order that somehow beat Poland

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Eldred posted:

Choose a local noble instead!

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Eldred posted:

The Knights(and others) stomping Poland into the ground has been fairly normal for a while now. At least in my games. They might have made the Polish less likely to form the PU over Lithuania, or made them less likely to ally even without it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i would like to see The Knights stomp poland into the ground

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Dance Officer posted:

The Knights(and others) stomping Poland into the ground has been fairly normal for a while now. At least in my games. They might have made the Polish less likely to form the PU over Lithuania, or made them less likely to ally even without it.

It was still a 75/25 split last I checked. They got rid of their lucky status a little bit ago, though, which probably makes them more likely to crash and burn.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

You just love Spring on the Baltic that much, dont you?

I wasn't entirely sure how much I needed for the achievement, so I cut off Poland from doing any funny stuff.

E:

Did someone mention border gore??

Gold star for guessing the achievement I was going for.

THE BAR fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 20, 2017

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.

Dance Officer posted:

I wasn't even a decade into my current game when Moldavia launched an independence war against Poland, got Bohemia and Hungary to help, and then while that was going on, the Knights decided to attack Poland from the north.

Poland and Lithuania had the PU, but it wasn't enough to keep their poo poo from getting kicked in. Now we have a Moldavia that's not only independent but fairly large.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
From what I was reading about, it sounds like lithuania might have lost some development as well as some tolerance of heathens? So they're generally less useful AND spend more time dealing with their own rebels, helping poland out less.

EDIT: heretics, not heathens.

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.

THE BAR posted:

Did someone mention border gore??

Gold star for guessing the achievement I was going for.

Clearly going for the Iron Price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Tendronai posted:

Clearly going for the Iron Price.

Oh yes. The Brits would never expect a Danish invasion from India!

• Locked thread