Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

I'm not sure I've ever seen a bike just... go away like that.

Also, a visceral demonstration of why you not only need to wear the helmet but strap it on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

The General posted:

That's what you get when you name your kid Chet.

lmao at this shirt

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

If you told someone in 2008 what 2017 would be, they would think you were on an acid trip.

Oh gently caress! WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME I WASN'T FRYING?!?!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Besesoth posted:

Also, a visceral demonstration of why you not only need to wear the helmet but strap it on.

He was setting a downhill bicycle speed record, I doubt it was going to stay on.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The Saddest Rhino posted:

oh hey i just realised the tpusa guy dressed up in a diaper is this person

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/916528646902439936?lang=en

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Every post that account makes is going to get spammed with CEO diaper pics from here on.

Edit: Also, do these manchildren really believe that the federal government and its tax workers should be prosecuted for theft?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Oh, man, did he show me. Wow, have I been owned. :rolleyes:

The General posted:

That's what you get when you name your kid Chet.

Awwww, his dad is like the nicest dude on the planet. How did he end up looking like such a douche?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Awwww, his dad is like the nicest dude on the planet. How did he end up looking like such a douche?

I heard about him on a podcast earlier this week. Their take on it is that a) the kid had basically unlimited money and b) his dad was effectively never there because he was too busy making squillions of dollars making movies.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

TotalLossBrain posted:

Every post that account makes is going to get spammed with CEO diaper pics from here on.

Edit: Also, do these manchildren really believe that the federal government and its tax workers should be prosecuted for theft?

Yes. They also literally have no idea how tax brackets work.

Not a joke. Had one dude who thought ultra rich people got 60% of their money taken, and that if he moved up to the next tax bracket, he'd somehow lose money.

Luckily he was happy to learn that's not how the progressive tax works and agreed it made much more sense than he thought.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Memento posted:

I heard about him on a podcast earlier this week. Their take on it is that a) the kid had basically unlimited money and b) his dad was effectively never there because he was too busy making squillions of dollars making movies.

Colin turned out pretty well

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Wasabi the J posted:

Yes. They also literally have no idea how tax brackets work.

Not a joke. Had one dude who thought ultra rich people got 60% of their money taken, and that if he moved up to the next tax bracket, he'd somehow lose money.

Luckily he was happy to learn that's not how the progressive tax works and agreed it made much more sense than he thought.

Like 90% of people don't understand how tax brackets or property tax work and are mad as hell about it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

TopHatGenius posted:

Just how do you gently caress up something simple so loving bad?

Like sneakyfrog said, it's art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWOr7pwlIoM

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EmmyOk posted:

I just cannot imagine the mind that can think dressing up as a literal infant in a playpen publicly is anything but the greatest self-own of all time

As a form of "protest", against "degenerates."

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I've done tequila shots twice.

I did them straight, without salt or a lime.

:smuggo:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

iospace posted:

look out, we've got a badass over here

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

iospace posted:

not sure why you're :smuggo: about drinking tequila wrong, but hey

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sagebrush posted:

look out, we've got a badass over here

I didn't do the worm :v:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

iospace posted:

I didn't do the worm :v:

But... that's mezcal. And while tequila is a mezcal, mezcal is not tequila

This has been Liquor Facts

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Good tequila is fantastic straight, idk why that would be a big deal.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Trig Discipline posted:

Good tequila is fantastic straight, idk why that would be a big deal.

Correct. Drinking something you hate the taste of so much you have to drown it out in something else or down it super quickly is the true shame. There's a billions types of drinks, drink things that taste good and you savor, like good tequila.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah decent tequila is fine sippin' liquor. Taking it in shots is dumb, don't do that.

https://twitter.com/Old_Orleans/status/920999325009895424

https://twitter.com/JonesTaiwan_/status/921222949918588929

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JonesTaiwan_/status/921225006633312256

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Feel like getting a lawyer and sue for violating FERPA.

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Besesoth posted:

It looks like a critical failure of the Head Tube to Down Tube weld which isn't entirely uncommon for extreme downhill stuff like this. Seeing as how he was trying to break a speed record I'd guess he was running some kind of custom frame built by someone who didn't know the proper incantations to set the TIG welder correctly.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Platystemon posted:

Feel like getting a lawyer and sue for violating FERPA.

Yeah I think that professor is hosed.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

prairie fire is the only way to drink tequila

says the man whose last drink was bottom shelf vodka mixed with water in the bathroom at his workplace

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Watching people not be able to fire a shotgun properly makes me feel like the strongest man alive. Like holy poo poo the recoil on a shotgun, even a pistol-grip, is not terrible.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

im pooping! posted:

prairie fire is the only way to drink tequila

says the man whose last drink was bottom shelf vodka mixed with water in the bathroom at his workplace

Were you pooping at the time?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Untrustable posted:

Watching people not be able to fire a shotgun properly makes me feel like the strongest man alive. Like holy poo poo the recoil on a shotgun, even a pistol-grip, is not terrible.

I'm a gangly little nerd who never fired a gun, and when we went skeet shooting and used my grandpa's giant WWII era soviet hunting rifle instead of the nimble little double-barrels you're supposed to use I felt like I could barely hold the loving thing, it was so long and heavy and awkward and it KICKED. Still managed to hit a fair number of skeets. My poor wife who is quite small fired it once, didn't drop it or anything, but realized she felt it was too big and she didn't have a good enough grip or sense of control over it.

So I don't understand how so many people let their guns just zip away. Was the buckshot we were using in this rifle not as strong as other shells? Less kick?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Literally any gun you fire has enough kick that if you're not holding it properly it will fly out of your hands. The pissiest .22 short has a muzzle energy of around 40 foot/lbs, enough energy to lift two pounds of small gun 20 feet into the air.

The difference between you and the people you see have their guns fly off after firing them is that you got a few minutes of instruction, knew your limits and had a healthy respect for the gun. They were deficient in some or all of those areas and paid for it.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Untrustable posted:

Yeah, they must just be cradling it in their hands and exerting no pressure whatsoever.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Memento posted:

Literally any gun you fire has enough kick that if you're not holding it properly it will fly out of your hands. The pissiest .22 short has a muzzle energy of around 40 foot/lbs, enough energy to lift two pounds of small gun 20 feet into the air.

The difference between you and the people you see have their guns fly off after firing them is that you got a few minutes of instruction, knew your limits and had a healthy respect for the gun. They were deficient in some or all of those areas and paid for it.

Momentum matters for reaction, not energy.

I get 1.5 cm. Add a little for the escaping gases.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Platystemon posted:

Momentum matters for reaction, not energy.

I get 1.5 cm. Add a little for the escaping gases.

eh, I'm not a mathematologist.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

sneakyfrog posted:

still my favorite

so much depends
upon

a tiny little
button

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
racists

Fantastic

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Pistol_Pete posted:

Yeah, they must just be cradling it in their hands and exerting no pressure whatsoever.

With a 12 gauge pistol grip they should have been told to GRIP it. Basic firearm safety and handling should be a priority even when you're out shooting for fun on your own private property. It's just a pet peeve but a valid one. Cracked had an article by a guy who dropped his shotgun and tried to catch it. He caught it by the trigger and obliterated his leg from the shin down. poo poo is dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
While we were on the shooting range in the military we would just rip up the cartons with the shotgun shells and dump em in a container to grab some for reloading. What we didn't notice was that a few of the packets were magnum versions, just slightly longer but otherwise the same. So Imagine plinking away maybe getting a bit sloppy when shouldering it when suddenly it feels like a horse kicked you in the shoulder.

Good times.

cnut
May 3, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0eINGyJHz8

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Reporters losing their cool and just laughing their rear end off isn't really schadenfreude put still quite good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vOv8Fy1BKg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Memento posted:

probably true :smith:

speaking of, has anyone ever seen Tom Hanks' son? Google Chet Hanks or his rapper name Chet Hayze and prepare to hate everything you see.

Tom Hanks is a great rapper!