Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
If anyone is looking to merge mods, I would highly recommend Merge Plugins, there's finally a decent way to merge things.

probably requires a guide for most users, I'll try to put together a merging guide

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Oct 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
While you have xedit open, you can also add some keywords to your weapons/armor via a script, so you don't need to edit everything individually. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7371/
or not, cos its hidden. hmm... I can chuck it on google drive if anyone wants it.
http://www.modsfallout4.com/add-legendary-armor-keywords/ < found it hosted elsewhere.

this script adds railroad + legendary keywords, but you can edit it easily so it applies to weapons as well as armor, I use it to add the second legendary keyword to everything.

staberind fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 20, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

hup posted:

Yeah, but how does he know dogmeat? What adventures of the dog do we not see?

If you deliberately ignore Dogmeat, when you get to the point where you need him to track something Valentine says he's calling an old associate and then dogwhistles.

Dogmeat: crime-solving adventure dog, and also somehow the Norm of the post-apocalypse. Everybody knows Dogmeat!

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Glazius posted:

If you deliberately ignore Dogmeat, when you get to the point where you need him to track something Valentine says he's calling an old associate and then dogwhistles.

Dogmeat: crime-solving adventure dog, and also somehow the Norm of the post-apocalypse. Everybody knows Dogmeat!

Nick and Dogmeat having an adventure/detective history is one of the single greatest off-hand story bits in any Bethesda game.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Time for some mods I thought you'd find interesting on the Nexus!

If for some reason you decided to grab the Gauss Rifle from the CC (boo hiss) and wish it sucked less, some guy is modding the CC gear to suck less. Check out the Creation Club Gauss Rifle Fixpack for that old school Gauss feel!

Speaking of laser guns and lack of them, somebody has made a nice looking canon friendly Photonic Plasma Cannon weapon to blast Raiders with.

One more LASER WEAPON here, enjoying the the Accelerator Plasma Energy Weapon too!

Oh and another cute mod from CROSS, this one adding a mod to Laser weaponry to give them a break action style reload animation.

Miss the Lincoln Rifle from Fallout 3? The Henry Repeating Rifle will scratch that itch. Obviously Far Harbour DLC is needed for the reload animation now. I imagine by now most of us own it.

If you own the Nuka World DLC and are sick and tired of seeing PIPE WEAPONS consider getting this Pipe Weapon Handmade Rifle replacer mod so early game weaponry is a series of half assed looking Soviet carbines instead!

On the subject of replacers if you saw the latest and best looking R91 Assault Rifle on the Nexus (the one mentioned a page or two back) and loving HATE the default game assault rifle you can use this plug in mod to erase that ugly mash up from Fallout 4 forever with a much nicer lore friendly alternative. Get T41NT3D's FO3 R91 Replacer LevelListFix now!

If you have the Chinese Assault Rifle mod from modder Melody but want unique animations for it well this mod has you covered as well.

And the last of the interesting weapon stuff is perfect for those who want a survival/non lethal sort of build going on. Knockout Framework tweaks it so blunt melee weapons, fists and the butt attack of your gun knocks NPC's out instead of killing them. With the NPC sleeping you can do other things to them including kidnapping, looting their inventory and knocking them out again when they wake up eventually. It has a nice little Non-Lethal Armory made by the modder too!

Now other stuff like clothing, gameplay mechanics and random poo poo.

Customizable Vault Greaser Outfit is nice and lets you make your own special Vault gang or roll with the classic Tunnel Snakes!

Futuristic BioSuit Custom Armor and Helmet is an interesting sort of sci-fi looking radiation suit outfit.

Beyond Boulder Dome - Elite Armor adds a more detailed higher resolution armor suit from the New Vegas DLC mod thingy that is loved or hated.

And speaking of New Vegas Legate Armor is here.

If you hate how generic the low leveled raiders look and don't feel like downloading a faction overhaul mod Raiders In Rags fixes this problem with a more in game laid back fix, It simply introduces some of the settler clothing and armor into the raider level lists making them look more rag tag rabble and less like a 18th century pyjama party.

Now new systems and gameplay stuff!

Bountiful Hunter is attempting faction radiant quest thing but with Bounty Hunting instead of settlement unlocking.

Loot Vision highlights unlooted NPC corpses with a red mist over their bodies for those who want to find and look corpses in a hurry amongst the games clutter.

The SKK Companion default weapon auto upgrade basically has it so your chosen companions default weapon upgrades and scales up to your own level so they aren't shooting popguns at Deathclaws in the Glow while your face is being chewed off.

B.E.W.S. - Better Explosive Weapon Shots fixes the visual and sound effects of explosive round firing loot weaponry.

You can farm, build settlements, open comic shops but what is missing? brewing moonshine! Wasteland Distillery fixes this and lets you become king lord mayor of booze town at last.

For those who love playing survival games in the dark but need a night vision goggles alternate early game check out IntrexCorp Glow Markers which lets you produce and litter the Commonwealth with these little glowing thingies.

Really Rad Food lets you tweak the hazards of eating radiation old food to your delight.

If you want a new robot to build for those who have the robots DLC I suggest you consider building the Assaultron Combatron here! why not try out the Wasteland Guardian if you are looking for more new robot friends!

Looking for a nice player home alternative away from Diamond City? Concord Underground Hideout adds a really nice underground basement one in the ruins of Concord.

Salem Expanded adds more stuff to the Salem location to find/loot/explore/kill.

And finally the novelty comedy mods.

Ever wanted booties for dogmeat or a Little Red Wagon for a havok enabled backpack?

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Oct 20, 2017

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Two interesting new plasma options and a by-gawd *Henry rifle* :clint:? And here I thought my weapons pile was pretty much complete...

Also, the Institue Geaser Jacket looks p. sweet in a techo/retro-ish way, might need that for stylin' reasons. (Also tempted to use my nonexistant graphics skills to make one or more custom "painted" jackets -Frazetta's "The Death Dealer", for example.)

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

SeanBeansShako posted:

If you want a new robot to build for those who have the robots DLC I suggest you consider building the Assaultron Combatron here!

code:
Sexy Edition Ver: Sexy
:quagmire:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

When CROSS makes weapons or gear he makes some wild stuff. I dig the break action a laser rifle. I was wondering if somehow a gauss shotty might be possible. Maybe CROSS will answer someday if he keeps up.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

I still want a 6-round 40mm grenade launcher.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
China Lake pump-GL not good enough for ya? I know there's at least one FO4 mod for it.

You could always play with the "use any mod with any weapon" mod to make the GL, or the Gausshotgun, for that matter.

It'd be an actual partially-custom model at least, but a sawed-off double-barrelled *thing* where you just slammed in a couple fusion/energy cells and got a really inefficient-yet-overpowered short range energy blast would be amusing. You'd get fuckall shots per cell, you'd take damage from the muzzle corona every shot, and point-blank range only, but different receivers for different effects (laser/plasma/radiation/et cetera) and barrels for specialty funtions (default shotgun spread/more spread or shaped/flamethrower/whatever). Really loving bad for the target (and possibly anyone right next to them) but can you reload/heal before more show up? Excuse me while I take my :science: LIGHTNING BLASTER :clint: and clear the Rust Devils bunker...

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

My experience with the pump-action grenade launcher in the past was mediocre at best. It really doesn't have the same amount of rapid crowd/area suppression as the grenade machine launcher or the six-round launcher from FNV.

Also, a tip if you're using MO2: Unpack the BSA files for stuff like FlaconOil's retextures using BSA Browser, then use CompactGUI on your /mods/ folder.

I gained 12 GB of space by doing this as well as ensuring proper priority overwrites for vanilla retextures!

E: Don't do this, it's terrible advice and janks your textures up something fierce.

dragonshardz fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Oct 21, 2017

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Dick Trauma posted:

code:
Sexy Edition Ver: Sexy
:quagmire:

... I'm not even surprised at this point that someone modeled penises (with erection options) and loli combat robots.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I installed Craftable Ammo but all I can make are these worthless primers. What gives?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

And Tyler Too! posted:

I installed Craftable Ammo but all I can make are these worthless primers. What gives?

If you've got, say, Horizon installed then the ammunition recipes might be in a different bench.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Nope. I've tried every bench I can make and none of them let me craft ammo.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
It says the recips are in the Chem station under Utility.. if they're not there, it's not working

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Liquid Communism posted:

... I'm not even surprised at this point that someone modeled penises (with erection options) and loli combat robots.

Obviously it needs to play the sex robot music 24/7.

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
I recently reinstalled everything and loaded up a ton of mods and so on, and encountered the following when trying to work on robots:

The various robot parts and mods are all miscategorized and some are completely missing or empty. I've only got a few mods that work with Automatron, but I suspect one of them is to blame:

Automatron - Weapons System Overhaul
Automatron EyeBot Companions
Automatron Unlocked
AutomatronWheelLegs

Anyone else here run into this? I don't want to start all over again but I guess I will if it's too hosed.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Remember to double check some mods and when they were last updated, the game is getting to the point with age and dumb poo poo like the CC modders just throw their hands up and go do something else!

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

killhamster posted:

I recently reinstalled everything and loaded up a ton of mods and so on, and encountered the following when trying to work on robots:

The various robot parts and mods are all miscategorized and some are completely missing or empty. I've only got a few mods that work with Automatron, but I suspect one of them is to blame:

Automatron Unlocked
AutomatronWheelLegs

Anyone else here run into this? I don't want to start all over again but I guess I will if it's too hosed.
Check in FO4edit, that'll let you know what the conflicts are. Then, just create a merged patch to roll all those changes at once.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

killhamster posted:

Automatron Unlocked
AutomatronWheelLegs

you are missing automatratron sd tank, indespensable for making fatman launchers suspended on a little mr handy jet.
however, it might be WSO.
just a hunch, but does the eyebot companions not rely on another mod, (fixes you being unable to have more than one metal chum at a time.)

staberind fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Oct 22, 2017

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
:argh: gently caress, I lost my edited weapons-mod post, so back to sloppy-thinking online I guess.

Quick overall-mod question: Weaponsmith Extended, Armorsmith Extended, Gunsmith Extended - I know there was some discussion a while back about at least one of these becoming a bloated turd, which one was it? And, did it get better?

VAFS - VaultTec Accelerated Focus System - Manual Criticals AND Bullet Time looks a bit more my style than the other big bullet-time mod, any reason not to use it (other than the Sim Settlements thing)?

Live Dismemberment - :unsmigghh: If everyone is tough enough to not notice they're on fire, then fuckit, they're tough enough to lose a limb and keep fighting.

Unrelated/not actually using, but it's the "reason for the season" mod.

Vertical Spawns - Aerial Assault --Vertical and Highway Spawns - I kind of thought it was pretty deserted up there.

Below The Belt - LOW HANGING FRUIT

Obedient Concord Group - Enough with the hammering already.

Take Your Cores - no more "gee, I left it parked here YOU loving JACKDAW GIMME THAT BACK!"

Playable Skeleton - now we need a "Playable Trumpet" mod.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Is there a mod that lets you toggle off some aspects of survival mode? I like the food/ water side of it but the combat is way too difficult for me.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Reality Winner posted:

Is there a mod that lets you toggle off some aspects of survival mode? I like the food/ water side of it but the combat is way too difficult for me.

I've been using this
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14650/

and it works really well. Highly customizable and lightweight.

While I'm here, I've been searching and searching, but I can't seem to find a mod to reduce or remove the sunglasses tint. It's just a tad too much with some of the graphics tweaks I'm running (namely NAC) so I'm hoping someone knows of one.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I'm looking for a mod that makes Survival a bit more difficult. Horizon goes way too far in my opinion - I just want something simple to make loot a bit rarer, slow down your leveling a bit, perhaps some minor perk rebalancing, that sort of thing. Basically jsawyer.esp for FO4. Any ideas?

Edit: Wow, apparently you get double XP from kills in Survival. No wonder I was leveling up so fast.

Smol fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Oct 22, 2017

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ygolonac posted:

:argh: gently caress, I lost my edited weapons-mod post, so back to sloppy-thinking online I guess.

Quick overall-mod question: Weaponsmith Extended, Armorsmith Extended, Gunsmith Extended - I know there was some discussion a while back about at least one of these becoming a bloated turd, which one was it? And, did it get better?

Vertical Spawns - Aerial Assault --Vertical and Highway Spawns - I kind of thought it was pretty deserted up there. (war of the commonwealth has this, just hit "i am a big babby" or whatever in the options, asap, so it does not chew out your cpu. Then go through the options, vertical and highway spawns are in there.)

Obedient Concord Group - Enough with the hammering already. (with scrap everything or one of the scrap things, you can also just delete "Npc stand & hammer" etc.)

Take Your Cores - no more "gee, I left it parked here YOU loving JACKDAW GIMME THAT BACK!" (aside from 'jacking powerarmour, you are the only person that needs cores to use a PA, none of your followers need 'em)

Weaponsmith Extended requires you to have a bunch of weapon mods unpacked from their bsa's. AE is pretty useful, both are a bit ridiculous. however, as you can have practically all of your modded in weapons and armor come from two benches, its not so bad. (I just use the 2LM bench for everything). I dunno if i have used gunsmith extended.

Smol posted:

I'm looking for a mod that makes Survival a bit more difficult. Horizon goes way too far in my opinion - I just want something simple to make loot a bit rarer, slow down your leveling a bit, perhaps some minor perk rebalancing, that sort of thing. Basically jsawyer.esp for FO4. Any ideas?

Edit: Wow, apparently you get double XP from kills in Survival. No wonder I was leveling up so fast.

Perk Points Per level can alleviate some of that inasmuch as it accepts fractions of points per level, say, 0.25, meaning you get a perk point every 4 levels. requires f4se. also, The Iron Rose made a thing, check it out.
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/222/

staberind fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 22, 2017

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Quick couple of mods, one will be neat if development is continued.

I'm sure *no one* will use this along with Loverslab poo poo to desoul people and make them into gently caress golems. (SFW) Soul Harvester - Steal and Re-Purpose Enemy Souls

Ridable Deathclaw

I think you can guess which one I'd like to see more of.

PRAISE THE EMPEROR!

Have a few random quotes from the character presets/body, face and hair sections. (No links, you can thank me for that later.)

"This mod replaces the male and female hanging/decapitated raider corpses with EVB-CBBE based ones."

"Hourglass shaped Bimbo body"

"A modified version of EVB with physics-enabled genitals"

"Introducing Boibomb: a femboy CBBE BodySlide preset!"

"Spent some time crafting a face that is close to Sasha Grey and a CBBE Bodyslide Preset to go along with it."

"Super Anti-Ballistic Chest Padding For Courser X-92 Power Suit (CBBE Bodyslide Preset)"

Oh, and just in case you were nostalgic for Fallout 3.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I am nostalgic for Fallout 3. Is someone remaking it using the FO4 engine?

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

And Tyler Too! posted:

Nope. I've tried every bench I can make and none of them let me craft ammo.

There's another workbench called "Reloading Workbench". That's the one you actually use to build ammo.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Kokoro Wish posted:

I am nostalgic for Fallout 3. Is someone remaking it using the FO4 engine?

Someone probably is, trying to create The Tale of Three Wastelands or something, but that's just a filter/texture set (mostly) to make the Commonwealth look like DC. Nasty green filter ahoy! (I think dude had an optional one for the FONV color scheme, too, but the green is what stood out for me.)

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

There actually is a sort of TC style mod that is trying to add the Capital Wasteland to F4. It could work if those Seattle Guys happily share the old school character creation and perk mod they'll be using.

Where do you think that really nice looking F3 10MM pistol and R91 rifle came from?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Yeah, the Cascadia people have been knocking out some quality assets left and right, and releasing them piecemeal to the wider community.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
I feel a very slight twinge of nostalgia for Fallout 3. Good music, and reasonably decent atmosphere. TTW is worth setting up.

So, after literally a thousand hours of modded out, souped up, hardcore, survival Fallout 4, I want to go back to square one with as close to a vanilla game as possible. That said, what are really good solid quality-of-life mods that are worthing adding that don't affect vanilla gameplay?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

horse mans posted:

I feel a very slight twinge of nostalgia for Fallout 3. Good music, and reasonably decent atmosphere. TTW is worth setting up.

So, after literally a thousand hours of modded out, souped up, hardcore, survival Fallout 4, I want to go back to square one with as close to a vanilla game as possible. That said, what are really good solid quality-of-life mods that are worthing adding that don't affect vanilla gameplay?

Guess now's a good time to ask this: What am I doing wrong that TTW won't start? I mean it boots up to the title screen but won't start a new game without loading or freezing or something. I feel like I'm forgetting an ini edit I'm supposed to make.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

horse mans posted:

Fallout 3 has a way better atmosphere than NV but in all other ways NV is a better game.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

horse mans posted:

DEF_UI and FrameworkHUD along with a sorting mod like Valdacil's will make inventory a lot easier to manage.

Faded Glory is a nice soundpack that adds some tracks inspired by older Fallouts to the non-radio soundtrack.

True Legendary Enemies names a whole bunch of legendary spawns. It's a fun little touch.

Salvage Beacons is a slight tweak to vanilla gameplay, but it basically leverages your settlement network to transfer the contents of any container to a settlement workshop.

Saint Sputnik posted:

Guess now's a good time to ask this: What am I doing wrong that TTW won't start? I mean it boots up to the title screen but won't start a new game without loading or freezing or something. I feel like I'm forgetting an ini edit I'm supposed to make.

You'd probably be better off asking in the New Vegas thread, which is still active.

Glazius fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Oct 24, 2017

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
Can anyone recommend some good Sim Settlements add-ons? Or at least ones to avoid?

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

Slowpoke Rodriguez posted:

Can anyone recommend some good Sim Settlements add-ons? Or at least ones to avoid?

Echoing this.

Just booted up a new game with Sim Settlements installed and I'm already enjoying the crap out of this mod. I was able to set up a functional (and non-lovely looking) settlement in a fraction of the time it would have normally taken me. It's also kind of neat to see what everything grows into the first time around. Wish this had come out a long time ago.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Slowpoke Rodriguez posted:

You can actually curate mods from within Sim Settlements, with both global and local banlists.

The one mod that install or no is up to your own personal taste is Always Free, whose entire point is that sometimes your settlers build rogue defense towers or bring rabid molerats home, and you might come back to your settlement to find it imploding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

Glazius posted:

You can actually curate mods from within Sim Settlements, with both global and local banlists.

The one mod that install or no is up to your own personal taste is Always Free, whose entire point is that sometimes your settlers build rogue defense towers or bring rabid molerats home, and you might come back to your settlement to find it imploding.

Do you mean the MrJoseCuervo addon pack? If not please tell me because one way or another that sounds like an excellent addition to my planned Raider-themed "do drugs and kill people with blunt objects" run.