Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Lyon posted:

21st amendment is bad and if you disagree you're bad and wrong.

if you're in sf go to a good brewery instead like cellarmaker or cross the bridge to fieldwork or rare barrel.

i don't know about 21st amendment sorry, just the icelandic one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

big scary monsters posted:

i don't know about 21st amendment sorry, just the icelandic one

oh my hatred of 21st amendment clouded my already subpar reading comprehension, my bad friend

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
21st amendment hell or high watermelon is a great session beer when it's super hot out and you don't have AC.

sorry it's not a super hoppy extra hop oil hop-stooopd "over 9000 IBU" quint

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what’s interesting is eating super high cocoa % chocolate after drinking very bitter beer coz it tastes quite sweet relatively

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Beast of Bourbon posted:

21st amendment hell or high watermelon is a great session beer when it's super hot out and you don't have AC.

just drink a nice lager, hell or high watermelon is awful

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
hell or high watermelon does a lot better on tap than in a can

idk why

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

thought i'd had that porter back in may, because it is extremely my poo poo, but turns out i had Kaldi Dökker

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

i have half a bottle of laphroaig quarter cask that ive let sit for years because that was an exceptionally poor choice for someone (me) who doesnt drink scotch. does that poo poo ever like... go bad?? its been sitting in the cardboard sleeve or whatever it came in without a top and has been in roughly room temp for that whole time.

im a liquor idiot.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Beast of Bourbon posted:

Nah, I don't even like IPAs all that much, HoHW has a weird aftertaste that I don't dig.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

sleepwalkers posted:

i have half a bottle of laphroaig quarter cask that ive let sit for years because that was an exceptionally poor choice for someone (me) who doesnt drink scotch. does that poo poo ever like... go bad?? its been sitting in the cardboard sleeve or whatever it came in without a top and has been in roughly room temp for that whole time.

im a liquor idiot.

when you say without a top, do you mean no lid/cork/stopper/whatever, i.e. leaving the booze open to the air?

this is probably bad, yes

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

sleepwalkers posted:

im a liquor idiot.

it never goes bad as in dangerous to drink, the alcohol content does not decrease much (you have the oh-so-silly cork though, so a little seeps out very slowly) so nothing will grow in it. the air in the bottle does mess with the smell/taste a bit though, mostly in that a lot of the fresher (fruity and sharp) tastes come from stuff that will happily oxidize away

the rule of thumb i was taught was that one should finish a x% full bottle within x% of two years, but that is clearly bullshit since it doesn't work for 100% (you can keep them basically indefinitely unopened), and it obviously matters if you keep opening it, freshening the air inside (well, when reasonably full at least presumably all the reactions that will happen will happen at some point)

as noted though, it is 100% fine to drink, so pour a bit for a whisky-drinking friend and see if they ask for a refill

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

when you say without a top, do you mean no lid/cork/stopper/whatever, i.e. leaving the booze open to the air?

this is probably bad, yes

nah, he means the metal lid of the cardboard tubes laphroiag sells in, which doesn't matter, good it is in the tube anyway since at least light is not an issue that way

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

oh that makes more sense lol

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

yeah, just the metal top to the sleeve, not the bottle. thatd be weird af. its got a cork with a plastic top.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

words about scotch
thanks, that p much confirms what id figured. it still tastes like dirtfire to me so i wont be able to pick up on any of that, ill have my roommate drink some and tell me if it tastes alright. :tipshat:

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

sleepwalkers posted:

thanks, that p much confirms what id figured. it still tastes like dirtfire to me so i wont be able to pick up on any of that, ill have my roommate drink some and tell me if it tastes alright. :tipshat:

it sounds like your palate is perfectly adequate to Laphroig

(that’s what it’s supposed to taste like)

TheToxicEuphoria
Feb 26, 2008
Hulleaux, I'm me and my username sums up myself and this entire thread.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
Hieaux, waeauxts eauxp?

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Nuclear take: scotch is overrated garbage for affluent nerds who thumb their noses at normies who drink IPAs

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

that'd be true if you had just gone for something other than ipas, which are just the current overpriced trendy thing where whisky was 10 years ago

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Lol if you think ipas are trendy in 2017

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dislike button posted:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Dislike button posted:

Nuclear take: scotch is overrated garbage for affluent nerds who thumb their noses at normies who drink IPAs

Kenny Logins posted:

alcoholism is real. substance abuse is real. but whiskey is real, and strong, and it's my friend

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Dislike button posted:

ipas litterrally exist as a way to hide the flavor of beer that's gone bad. ipas are horrible and for the same idiots who like flavorless hotsauces

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shaggar posted:

ipas litterrally exist as a way to hide the flavor of beer that's gone bad. ipas are horrible and for the same idiots who like flavorless hotsauces

how can a person from the same area as Maine Beer Company have this opinion

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

mostly in that a lot of the fresher (fruity and sharp) tastes come from stuff that will happily oxidize away

it's laphroaig, there are no fresh notes in it

it tastes like standing in a peat fire

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

sleepwalkers posted:

im a liquor idiot.

that poo poo will last for many years in a bottle, don't sweat it

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Dislike button posted:

maybe they aren't trendy but there sure as poo poo are still too goddamn many of them, and there are still recent breweries cropping up where they piss out a dozen IPAs and nothing else

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

i bought a bottle of wine that was reduced from 9eur to 5 eur but it is still not very good.

it's still gonna get me drunk tho!!!!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Captain Foo posted:

how can a person from the same area as Maine Beer Company have this opinion

IPAs are bad no matter who makes them. also maine beer company is a lovely name cause we have like 100 different beer companies.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Shaggar posted:

IPAs are bad no matter who makes them. also maine beer company is a lovely name cause we have like 100 different beer companies.

But this beer company is the Main one.

DSLAM
Apr 4, 2008

Today I am drinking a beverage called Budweiser, king of beer as is advertised on the container it is kept in. It's bad.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dislike button posted:

are apas much the same or not

also what the gently caress who gives a poo poo if ya drank is trendy. jesus. like the line in pulp fiction where he says heroin is not cool anymore and well, mate, substance abuse knows no fashion trends

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DSLAM posted:

Today I am drinking a beverage called Budweiser, king of beer as is advertised on the container it is kept in. It's bad.

its passable. like its not so bad you;re like im gonna stop dirnking it

i dislike corona a lot

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Dislike button posted:

sour beer bithc

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

i still feel like most places i go (se michigan, a solid area for beer) its significantly/majority ipas on tap. i dont mind ipas but man the fatigue is real.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

ArmZ posted:

sour beer bithc

People have been saying sours are gonna be the next big thing for a few years now and I just don’t see it happening. Takes too much effort to make a decent sour

Over the top stouts and porters are the big thing now imo. Kinda good because dark beers are great. Kinda bad because WOW there are some hosed up insane stouts out now that have more in common with a candy coffee beverage from Starbucks than with actual beer

So yeah fads are dumb just shut up and drink

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sleepwalkers posted:

i still feel like most places i go (se michigan, a solid area for beer) its significantly/majority ipas on tap. i dont mind ipas but man the fatigue is real.

whats that fatigue mean

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

echinopsis posted:

whats that fatigue mean

i'll take "things echi has asked his doctor as well as his wife" for 500, alex

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Shaggar posted:

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shaggar posted:

IPAs are bad no matter who makes them.

shaggar was right