Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Osweiler should have stayed in. McManus should have stayed out.

I am sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
I'm glad the Raiders got one good season before becoming bad again. Hopefully we will have another one in a few more years!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Yeah, at the very least we got a ridiculously magical season last year. So many games came down to the last moment, it was unreal and a very fun ride to be on while it lasted. If we continue to be garbage this year then hopefully the coaching staff gets gutted and we try again next year. I truly believe that the actual talent to make a solid run is already on the team. I just think the coaching is dogshit.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
We'll see. Coaching is definitely not a strong suit, but we've got major holes all over the defense, and I'm starting to suspect our receivers and o-line are overhyped. I don't think we're in a full rebuild phase, but we still need a lot of different pieces.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The Thursday game will be competitive. Chiefs will be playing without all 3 starting interior OL, a couple of starting receivers, and fielding a defense that is full of schematic holes. Carr can’t possibly be as bad as he has looked, at some point he has progress back to his mean

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Thursday night games are so screwy I wouldn't be surprised by anything honestly. Blowout either way or super competitive shootout or super competitive but boring 10-6 game.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

SHOAH NUFF posted:

The Thursday game will be competitive. Chiefs will be playing without all 3 starting interior OL, a couple of starting receivers, and fielding a defense that is full of schematic holes. Carr can’t possibly be as bad as he has looked, at some point he has progress back to his mean

Are you counting Ehinger as one of the interior 3?

I thought we were about to get at least one back.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Yeah Ehinger has been practicing for a week or two now but no signs that he will finally play this week. We really need Morse back so that Fulton can slide over to guard and get Cam Erving back on the bench

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yeah. Looks like Ehinger will be active from what I can tell. If he comes back I wonder if Witzmann can slide to the other side of the line.

When did Mitch get hurt? Week 2 or 3? He should be back soon I'd imagine.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Amari Cooper has been shut down because cornerbacks have figured out to jam him at the line of scrimmage.

This is bad because no way Peters jams anybody, he likes contact less than Deion Sanders.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Also he has hands of stone.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

kiimo posted:

Amari Cooper has been shut down because cornerbacks have figured out to jam him at the line of scrimmage.

This is bad because no way Peters jams anybody, he likes contact less than Deion Sanders.

So, the new age Asante Samuel then?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Peters is a really good press corner, he just likes up in an off spot because Sutton asks him too, I’m not sure why exactly. He needs to start tackling rather than going for the strip though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He's a pussy, admit it. He can't tackle for poo poo.

I miss Eric "gently caress Your Couch" Berry.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
He’s a terrible tackler, but you do know the difference between tackling and playing press coverage right? Saying he is bad at jamming receivers is false

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is he good at jamming? I mean I honestly didn't know.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Peters is a really good press corner, he just likes up in an off spot because Sutton asks him too,

Helps him bait throws maybe?

I do agree he's pretty good in press man and I don't know why they don't have him do it more. Well outside of against Antonio Brown, I understand that part perfectly. Also agreed that he tackles like a man who doesn't care about getting the other guy on the ground at all.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I miss Quentin Jammer

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Yeah, it’s his main strength along with reading the QB and ball skills. His weaknesses are speed and tackling

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

Helps him bait throws maybe?

This is pretty much why I made the Samuel comparison, though Asante was smaller and faster. Still, Peters reminds me a lot of him because he has really good hands for his position and he's great at reading both the QB and where the WR is going to break so he can jump the route. The downside is that you can bait those CBs out of position if the QB is disciplined enough.

a neat cape posted:

I miss Quentin Jammer

I do too. He was underappreciated for a long time as a cover guy - he did pretty well against Randy Moss a few times - and he was always a sure, strong tackler. I've never really gotten why the Chargers let him leave for Denver when IIRC he wanted to stay and play SS since his long speed was cooked.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
How’s everyone feeling for tonight

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Gross

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I hope the Raiders lose because I know the Chiefs will lose in playoffs anyway

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jack Del Rio posted:

“It’s demanding for anybody that has to travel more than one time zone,” Del Rio said of Thursday night games. “We saw that first hand last year. I think it would be best if the league would stay in the same time zone for all involved. It’s tough enough to get ready on a Thursday. Obviously, we like the fact that we’re at home.”

I hadn't really thought about this but I like this idea, although it's completely impossible for KC to play a divisional opponent in their time zone which are most of the games TNF seems to schedule.

I'm surprised it came out of Jack Del Rio.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I’m nervous about watching Cam Erving start an entire game again

I’m upset at the idea of Phillip Gaines playing any minutes

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I think KC wins this one comfortably. Raiders look discombobulated right now and the Chiefs have had their number for a couple years now.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Eat my rear end

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Go away forever bend but don't break Defense.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
gently caress!!!! This hurts I wanted the win streak against Oakland to continue, it was one of the only things worth bragging about for this team

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
that game :discourse:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

LiquidFriend posted:

Go away forever bend but don't break Defense.

The defense is awful. It's all on Sutton too

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Yeah it was kind of a perfect game to showcase AFC West football. Just crazy as gently caress

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Black Sunshine posted:

Yeah it was kind of a perfect game to showcase AFC West football. Just crazy as gently caress

We missed out on a defensive score, which would have been hilarious.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Volkerball posted:

Thursday is going to be such a bad game

:frogon:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I was wrong chiefs defense is broke and game ruled

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Volkerball posted:

I was wrong chiefs defense is broke and game ruled

Telling myself it's just Thursday Night football.

Well trying to tell myself that at least.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Telling myself it's just Thursday Night football.

Well trying to tell myself that at least.
We all know the Chiefs Defense has sucked all year. They somehow have no idea how to cover now, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

LiquidFriend posted:

We all know the Chiefs Defense has sucked all year. They somehow have no idea how to cover now, too.

Wait, what? They were good for the two games before they started losing a starter every game.

• Locked thread