Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

There should be a compromise option where you can buy a physical box that just has an eShop code in it.

Yeah but the codes won't taste anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

There should be a compromise option where you can buy a physical box that just has an eShop code in it.

this is a real thing for the pokemon 3ds rereleases lol

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I too remember when Sony pissed off a bunch of people with Patapon 2.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's kinda funny. It's obvious they want people to go full digital. But they shoot themselves in the foot by selling digital for the same price as physical. Especially when any gamer with half a brain has GCU and pays 20% below retail on launch day and often far less than that. While the digital versions stay at retail for quite a while, too.

Start selling all the digital at 1/3 off from day one and as sales drop, lower that price and physical would die pretty quickly.

It's really short term greed getting in the way of long term profit. Because once physical is gone, they could just jack the prices back up.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah I got Mario for 20% off with GCU and I'll get a $10 rewards card which I'll turn around and use on Xenoblade 2 which will also be 20% off. gently caress digital.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Olivil posted:

The thing where you scratch to reveal the code could be scratch and sniff

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Olivil posted:

How about a physical cartridge that just has a code on it? And if you ever lose your cartridge or the servers go down, you can't play the game any longer.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
They should really match the 20% on digital pre-orders.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

The thing where you scratch to reveal the code could be scratch and sniff

That's a fair compromise.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i bought an sd card for mario cuz i got no space left on the switch

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

It's kinda funny. It's obvious they want people to go full digital. But they shoot themselves in the foot by selling digital for the same price as physical. Especially when any gamer with half a brain has GCU and pays 20% below retail on launch day and often far less than that. While the digital versions stay at retail for quite a while, too.

Start selling all the digital at 1/3 off from day one and as sales drop, lower that price and physical would die pretty quickly.

It's really short term greed getting in the way of long term profit. Because once physical is gone, they could just jack the prices back up.

I agree with the logic but they can't do this, because of agreements with retailers. They would flip their poo poo over that. And like it or not a huge chunk of the market still depends on physical retailers.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

a.lo posted:

i bought an sd card for mario cuz i got no space left on the switch

i have plenty of space, you can borrow some if you want

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

that sounds great. thanks man

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Speaking of physical Switch games, I had Fire Emblem Warriors on preorder from Amazon as soon as it was announced and available. I went to check the order, and it said it wasn't going to ship until December 29.

Apparently there was a different item for that one vs. the actual one, so I had to cancel that order and do a new one for the right item (which fortunately was still eligible for the Prime discount). If anyone else has really early Switch game preorders, it might be worth keeping an eye on them. I already switched Odyssey to Best Buy for the extra $10 credit, which is the only other one I was really worried about.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

hell yeah.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

M... My fanfic... IT WAS ALL TRUE! IT PREDICTED THE FUTURE

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Fire emblem warriors is fun

I didn’t expect it to also have strategy elements in the actual battles. You spend a lot of time issuing orders and switching characters and winning feels more about positioning than the actual fights

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

wait

what sony games are being made for the switch?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's just been confirmed, the Switch is getting Persona 4

's Chie as a playable character in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

TFRazorsaw posted:

wait

what sony games are being made for the switch?

Tiny Metal is the one I saw. Sony created a small indie type studio to develop for other platforms.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Hey quick question guys, I pre-ordered all three amiibos last month, but now I gotta wonder will it actually be worth i-

:moonrio:

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I would buy P4G again on Switch.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Huxley posted:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Gimme air grab kanji or go to hell

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Nintendo is saved

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

When Mario's thrown veil hits an enemy it tethers them with a chain chomp.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Huxley posted:

I need to finish that game.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC

Waltzing Along posted:

I need to finish that game.

Same, but P5.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Dear Nintendo gods please port TMS to the Switch so I can play it again without having to hook my Wii U up to a TV. Thank you.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Fire emblem warriors is fun

I didn’t expect it to also have strategy elements in the actual battles. You spend a lot of time issuing orders and switching characters and winning feels more about positioning than the actual fights

I'm liking it a lot too, I read some pretty negative reviews but it's a cool game and most of the critism is people being salty about the roster being largely from the most recent games. Some great references to the games included and I think the voice acting is pretty good.

Would rather play this than fire emblem heroes which has a huge roster but junk gameplay.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Countdown to angry gamergate posts about SJW ruining Mario by letting him wear a dress

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
8bitdo havers, this worked just fine for my NES30 Pro
https://twitter.com/8bitdo/status/921254555962052608

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Countdown to angry gamergate posts about SJW ruining Mario by letting him wear a dress

please post them if you fin them

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

How does FE Warriors compare to Hyrule Warriors? Does it have an adventure mode with tons of missions to unlock better weapons and stuff like HW did? Are the weapons and characters as over the top and fun?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Huxley posted:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Dr. VooDoo posted:

if anything all i've seen so far is people going "gently caress yea dude, also let peach wear a tux"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't think they would care about Mario wearing a dress. As long as he's a man he can do whatever he wants.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Manky posted:

8bitdo havers, this worked just fine for my NES30 Pro
https://twitter.com/8bitdo/status/921254555962052608
Ooook how do you disconnect them?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Guy Goodbody posted: