Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I love a cogboi.

Frobbe posted:

Prepare for the parade of techpriests, from the first i've ever painted to the latest one!

Also i've gotten a vastly better phonecam compared to the one i used for the first two and the one i used for the last three pictures.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Oct 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
Time for mans.

Here's my first SoH Tactical squad. Just need to get their bases done and they'll be ready to kill some loyalist scum.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Broken Record Talk posted:

Time for mans.

Here's my first SoH Tactical squad. Just need to get their bases done and they'll be ready to kill some loyalist scum.

Some day i will start painting my calth and prospero marines. some day!

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Frobbe posted:

Some day i will start painting my calth and prospero marines. some day!

No, you won't. And they will sit there taunting you.

I on the other hand started painting some fancy bois

Beerdeer fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Oct 20, 2017

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Time for mans.

These deserve the best compliment you can give 30k/40k stuff: They're clean.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Frobbe posted:

Prepare for the parade of techpriests, from the first i've ever painted to the latest one!

Also i've gotten a vastly better phonecam compared to the one i used for the first two and the one i used for the last three pictures.

Those latest 3 are :perfect:

First 2 aren't bad either.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
So I just took the Baneblade sprues out of the box for cleaning and trimming and I think I've dramatically underestimated the involvement of this whole thing. This'll be my first super-heavy, and I'm wondering if anyone has any build tips or suggestion that could be handy

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Great cogbois and filthy heretics, Frobbe and Broken Record Talk.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Immanentized posted:

So I just took the Baneblade sprues out of the box for cleaning and trimming and I think I've dramatically underestimated the involvement of this whole thing. This'll be my first super-heavy, and I'm wondering if anyone has any build tips or suggestion that could be handy

unless you intend to magnetize it, just assemble it following the instructions. There's nothing really hard to reach when it's fully assembled paintingwise.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Yeah the Baneblade takes a while to build because it's so big, but in terms of painting it's just a bunch of wide open flat surfaces. Not much to it.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/20/craftworld-focus-alaitoc-oct-20gw-homepage-post-3/

60 points for a unit of Rangers? Noice!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Spice up your weekend with a hot new Badcast!
https://40kbadcast.com/2017/10/20/40k-badcast-19-glenchiladas/

And while you're at it, send us pictures of your cool Glens!

Corrode posted:

Yeah the Baneblade takes a while to build because it's so big, but in terms of painting it's just a bunch of wide open flat surfaces. Not much to it.

I got tennis elbow from drybrushing my Shadowsword, but then again, I'm apparently made of papier mache

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

SRM posted:

Spice up your weekend with a hot new Badcast!

The Fact or Fanfiction this week almost gave me a coronary. Excellent work.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

The -1 to hit applies to everything apparently, including loving grav tanks. Firmly on the side of people who think SM got screwed on Chapter Tactics now. Objective-camping Rangers are going to be a loving nightmare to get rid of too.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
My boys

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Corrode posted:

The -1 to hit applies to everything apparently, including loving grav tanks. Firmly on the side of people who think SM got screwed on Chapter Tactics now. Objective-camping Rangers are going to be a loving nightmare to get rid of too.

Eldar have been an obvious studio favorite for years now.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Time for Mans

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

It's kind of funny that the sculptors seem to actively hate Eldar and grudgingly put out the minimum possible for them, while the game design side are in love with them.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Hixson posted:

Time for Mans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSaDPc1Cs5U

Stop shaming all of us.

Corrode posted:

It's kind of funny that the sculptors seem to actively hate Eldar and grudgingly put out the minimum possible for them, while the game design side are in love with them.

Yeah, total agreement there. I think more new models and less crazy good rules would be a nice compromise for the community as a whole.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

To be fair, it looks like Fire Prisms are still hitting on 4+ unless they sit perfectly still. No sign of a Leman Russ turret rule for them.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Man Post

I am working on doing a lot more Emperor's Children right now, so hopefully I can bang out some progress on Monday.

And some World Eaters from a few years ago. Hate that I forgot to do their lenses, but at least their lack of chainaxes will keep them from shaming a table.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Immanentized posted:

It's real easy (relatively speaking) to make it modular so you can swap version at will.
https://youtu.be/rNxAd6O0LLU

I think the video point it out, but if you put the sponsons in the middle they fit with every variety. If you don't want to mess with magnets, the top hull sits in place on its own just fine, so you can at the very least swap between one of the turreted and o e of the turret-less options.

One thing that have tripped me up in the past: when you build the sponsons, the side panel has two different angles on it, one that matches up with the rear of the sponson housing, and one that matches the drum like shield. Thing is, the angles are close enough to being the same that you might not notice, and if you get it the wrong way around the guns will be much harder to turn, or even nigh impossible.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

xtothez posted:

To be fair, it looks like Fire Prisms are still hitting on 4+ unless they sit perfectly still. No sign of a Leman Russ turret rule for them.

Shooting twice will compensate for that.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Or, you know, a crystal targeting matrix. It won't work a lot of the time (especially if you're trying to move less than 8 inches a turn) and you shouldn't try to force it but they only cost five points each. Fire prisms are FINALLY good.

I wish I had some loving Rangers. Could sculpt some cloaks on some guardians, I guess.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Greymans (at least they're primered :/)

Greenmans (bonus Blightkings)

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

That reminds me, I bought some grey primer yesterday. Looking forward to trying that and seeing if it makes life easier.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

richyp posted:

Greymans (at least they're primered :/)

Greenmans (bonus Blightkings)

Those look really good. Nice work!

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Hixson posted:

Time for Mans

What's with the front dude's two left hands?

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

AWUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Stanyer89 fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 20, 2017

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Ilor posted:

Yeah, Hixon. What IS up with that?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Do you guys think Marines and Chaos Marines will get Chapter Tactics errata'd onto their vehicles, or no? Considering Marines especially ended up in a bit of a bland place stratagem-wise, I could see that opening up some new tricks.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Ilor posted:

Hahahahahahahaha owned.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Ilor posted:

If only you truly knew how much this triggers him...

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Stanyer89 posted:

If only you truly knew how much this triggers him...

I hope you bring it up constantly.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

I hope you bring it up constantly.

Only thing more triggering is when you ask Panascope when he is going to paint his Horus.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Stanyer89 posted:

AWUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Bottom dude has found a penny on the floor and he wants help picking it up.

Lovely Wolves. Some top toys posted in these last couple of pages.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

It's a gene mutation or something. Forge your own narrative or whatever

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Hixson posted:

It's a gene mutation or something. Forge your own narrative or whatever

Primarch Leftus Manus

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Phyresis posted:

Or, you know, a crystal targeting matrix. It won't work a lot of the time (especially if you're trying to move less than 8 inches a turn) and you shouldn't try to force it but they only cost five points each. Fire prisms are FINALLY good.

I wish I had some loving Rangers. Could sculpt some cloaks on some guardians, I guess.

I would loving kill for some good alternate rangers that don't involve me either combining multiple separate kits or using a poo poo ton of greenstuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Corrode posted:

Yeah, total agreement there. I think more new models and less crazy good rules would be a nice compromise for the community as a whole.

Totally agree, I would love some new aspect and character models. I think the alaitoc rule has got to be by far the best - applying it to all sorts of long range tanks and artillery, typically eldar's best style of play anyway, is massively out of whack with the other things. I have no real desire to use it with my army but it probably would be better for winning games!

Does anyone think 12 points will make rangers ok? They still suffer from all the same problems as before, really low punch and vulnerability to assaults/flamers. Just not as cripplingly expensive. I feel like their rifles would still need some sort of ap modifier to make them worthwhile.