Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Do The Evolution posted:

Welcome to pubg, at least you didn't run yourself over.

My most embarrassing PUBG death (and I have a lot of them) was getting run over by the boat I had just beached.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Flaggy posted:

They reset the leaderboards and once again, hackers have all the top spots. A+

Really, at this point they should just use the Titanfall system of dealing with Aimbotters.

Do you get banned? Nope.

You just get put into a matchmaking queue with other aimbotters so you end up with "something that will resemble the Wimbledon of aimbot contests."

Simple, Elegant and also hilarious.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Flaggy posted:

The real test is if they can remove them from the leaderboards!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

FiftySeven posted:

Really, at this point they should just use the Titanfall system of dealing with Aimbotters.

Do you get banned? Nope.

You just get put into a matchmaking queue with other aimbotters so you end up with "something that will resemble the Wimbledon of aimbot contests."

That involves them actually doing something.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Hockles posted:

That involves them actually doing something.

as much as i hate the aimbotters as the next guy, i'm not sure its a priority at this point for the developers. They are probably more concerned with making a functional, optimized game and can circle back later to deal with the cheats.

Lets just hope this strategy doesn't run off many people.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

FiftySeven posted:

Do you get banned? Nope.

The downside to this sort of system is that false positives become harder to detect. If someone is incorrectly flagged as a cheater and banned, they know exactly what's happened immediately and can appeal. If that same person instead gets sent to the cheater dimension they might not be aware and might just think the game is overrun with cheaters.

Basically any kind of "shadowban" system has the same problem.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Flaggy posted:

I wonder if the people running the show even care. Yes, they sold a bunch of copies but stuff like this paints an image of your game that isn't easy to reverse.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Once again, their answer seems to be disable the boards so no one can see all the hackers. lmao

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Star Man posted:

I finally bought this game. My second ever death was because I jumped out of a moving vehicle.

Like, comment, and subscribe.
But have you killed yourself jumping out of a boat you're beaching?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
At this point, we should just be waiting for the clone that's actually made by a different and competent team to eclipse this jankwagon mess. (Not Fortnite)

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I like taking damage when jumping out of a moving vehicle. Its just funny to me when people forget its not battlefield and they jump out and die. They really should lower the damage that a slow moving vehicle does, its like you get your foot run over and you instantly die.

Astarath
Jun 23, 2008

Could I see a Hat Wobble?

Star Man posted:

I finally bought this game. My second ever death was because I jumped out of a moving vehicle.

Like, comment, and subscribe.

You're supposed to do this instead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfMa7zNJxGk

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Shooting Blanks posted:

How much of that shooting was at an indoor range? The difference between noise at an indoor range and an outdoor range is pretty substantial - the vast majority of my shooting, for instance, is 12GA and it doesn't bother me at all. However I once was shooting at an indoor range and a dude brought his 12GA in to pattern it, I had to leave it was so drat loud.

Qual'd M4 a couple times at indoor ranges, but most of my experience firing indoors comes from firing from inside buildings.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I report every player that kills me because how dare they kill me, the greatest.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Star Man posted:

I report every player that kills me because how dare they kill me, the greatest.

reported for teaming in a squad game

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

:laffo:

https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/81497-pubg-has-1-way-fences-and-they-are-littered-and-here-how-to-spot-them-so-you-dont-get-screwed/

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I was wondering what the hell was up with that. I just wrote it off as jank with hit detection across chain link fences in general. This is going to be so abused

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Oh poo poo, I knew there were one way fences but now how to tell which ones they were. Good to know, gonna use this one.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
I suck so much at this game. I almost never use the Thompson either so it's a perfect storm of Suck from both sides.

https://plays.tv/s/LTd8ppUuyq1J

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Game down. This'll only get worse won't it? R.I.P.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
reading about the rollercoaster that is this games development seems more interesting than the game itself

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

The Missing Link posted:

I suck so much at this game. I almost never use the Thompson either so it's a perfect storm of Suck from both sides.

Have you considered aiming down sights? You have a holo on Mini 14 and a RDS on your pistol, why don't you use them?

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Have you considered aiming down sights? You have a holo on Mini 14 and a RDS on your pistol, why don't you use them?

He came around the corner throwing what I thought were grenades and I didn't want to stand on one trying to ADS so I rushed him. After that I have no excuse except I didn't want to stand still and aim.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
I finally won a round after probably 100 tries. I'm so god drat excited I have to tell a bunch of people who aren't impressed by the accomplishment!

I won the only way a man of my skills can win - getting really lucky with loot early, and then having about 4 straight circles land right on me. So basically, bathroom camper sure, but with something like level 2 armor, 3 first aids, 3 boosts, and a kitted M416, as long as the circle kept hitting me I really didn't have a reason to move. Finally had to move with 7 people left, and somehow someway, absolutely no one saw me run across the field and into a bush, and literally the first bullet I fired the entire match was when I had the final circle and the other guy didn't so I was able to finish him off. 1 kill, 1 win.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I finally won a round after probably 100 tries. I'm so god drat excited I have to tell a bunch of people who aren't impressed by the accomplishment!

I won the only way a man of my skills can win - getting really lucky with loot early, and then having about 4 straight circles land right on me. So basically, bathroom camper sure, but with something like level 2 armor, 3 first aids, 3 boosts, and a kitted M416, as long as the circle kept hitting me I really didn't have a reason to move. Finally had to move with 7 people left, and somehow someway, absolutely no one saw me run across the field and into a bush, and literally the first bullet I fired the entire match was when I had the final circle and the other guy didn't so I was able to finish him off. 1 kill, 1 win.

lame

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i have a no-shot, one kill dinner where i ran the last guy over

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
You're probably one of the losers I beat

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Even Korea and Japan don't want to play with the Chinese. This is getting out of hand.

https://twitter.com/weedbabygoku420/status/921482274838900738

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i like that they can be bold enough to put the chinese equivalent of hacker in their names

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i like that they can be bold enough to put the chinese equivalent of hacker in their names
My guess is the intent is more to thumb their nose at the devs than actually fool anyone into thinking they have some absurd record, calling themselves hacker only helps with that.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

We've already discussed this and it's literally an advertisement for cheats. WG is short for "selling cheats" and qun is a URL shortening thing, similar to something like bitly or tinyurl. They specifically target the NA Solo leaderboards since anyone who wants to look at their own stats has to see NA Solo, as it's the first one that pops up. If you re-ordered the regions alphabetically, they'd be less inclined to cheat on NA and hopefully stay more on AS.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Oh that makes sense too.

Anyone wanna help code up some cheats so we can make some cash for a dying comedy forum? Eh? Eh?

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

The Missing Link posted:

Were you using a gamepad?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

but why male models?

Mark David Chapman
Jul 25, 2011

The Missing Link posted:

This was amazing to watch.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Did they up the number of fog/rain games? Seems like I've been getting one or the other almost 50% of the time these days.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUwOOiOa360&t=541s

how is shroud not banned when he blatantly uses some form of aim assist? i'm surprised he lets these get uploaded to youtube, there are other much worse examples where he snaps to unseen enemies or his gun freaks out head snapping between two opponents. my favourite one was where he downed a guy in a doorway, and then went to shoot another guy in the distance, but instead instantly snapped down at the downed guy.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Q8ee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUwOOiOa360&t=541s

how is shroud not banned when he blatantly uses some form of aim assist? i'm surprised he lets these get uploaded to youtube, there are other much worse examples where he snaps to unseen enemies or his gun freaks out head snapping between two opponents. my favourite one was where he downed a guy in a doorway, and then went to shoot another guy in the distance, but instead instantly snapped down at the downed guy.

Shroud is literally a robot. Top 10 aimers in CSGO ever, and you could justify top 5 maybe if you tried really hard. And now he's playing PUBG 24/7. He's not cheating. He's just not a normal person.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I just find it really hard to believe - no matter how good you are - that a human being can respond that fast and be so reflexive. the connection between seeing and reacting is miniscule and just screams assistance.

the only two streamers who I know without a doubt don't cheat are summit1g and maciejay, they can be lightning quick, but their reactions are always natural looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
A lot of the stuff shroud and co do looks impossible to me, like sometimes he strafes out into an area with the reticle over someone's head he did not seem to have any cue was there, or snapping to a new target/announcing a kill before they even hit the ground or appear in the kill feed (I get that after killing a bunch of people you will know how many shots it takes from any weapon but how can you know what helmet/vest they have perfectly and add that poo poo up in your head on the fly?).

But I just assume it's because he's a dude who was already one of the best in the world at speed clicking on heads repeatedly and now it's literally his full time job, and also I am very bad.

• Locked thread