Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

skinks without doubles are bad skinks, generally. Side step is really good on a blodge skink but it's about the only normals roll they want. Getting levels on other skinks is not as big of a help as piling on all the spp onto the skink who already has the bullshit.

In a lizardman I have total control over I'd fire skinks who level 3 times without rolling doubles, so prioritizing leveling up other skinks isn't real exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Fleetfoot still has room to grow, and none of the other skinks are going to leverage skills better than the stunty blodging gutter runner.

It also makes things easier for Agent when he only has one skink he has to worry about keeping alive and he can freely use the rest for screening or risky plays (see: the turn where Fleetfoot runs into the cage, kills the ballcarrier, and then runs back out to safety to let some other, shittier skink risk the pickup).

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Standard 24 hour vote update, It's pretty drat one sided at this point so I might close it early if I get the opportunity to play a match, but for right now voting is still open for about a day.

Fleetfoot -
25 - +ma
2 - sidestep
1 - leap

Money
14 - Beer stand
6 - Nuffle altar
3 - Granite Turf
1 - Elf Turf
1 - Security Gate
1 - Wizard booth
1 - Sandwich shop

Cheerleaders
every vote - Pretty green fancy lads.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
I'd vote to change them if cyanide would just add ogre cheerleaders already.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

uPen posted:

I'd vote to change them if cyanide would just add ogre troll cheerleaders already.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gaghskull posted:

We want the Sandwhich shop because throw rock is the WORST event in the entire drat game.

+MA for Fleetfoot. Make him the devil

I believe you mean best.
A rock gave my team their first win. Thanks to a Krox taking a -AV, concession.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The first game had pretty cool skink cheerleaders with capes and noisemakers. Shame they've only got the three kinds now.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

getting tripped while running full tilt and skidding face-first down a pitch of Astrogranite Turf sounds really painful

it also gives better odds for GFI-armor break-dead-dead, the funniest death

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

That's a fun injury roll, having the face ground off

Most fun death I've seen when playing was a skink (I think, or something very similar) who tried to move away from a regular linewoman but dubskulled the dodge, failed the armor roll and somehow broke its neck. How did it even manage that?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Johnny "Bag of Hammers" was a star gunner from my skaven LP and he apo'd dead->dead on a gfi into the endzone like a good gunner should.

Fleetfoot Mac will go out like that one day, a burning comet streaking through the night.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Obligatory bump.

There's been some changes to goonbowl due to some unforeseen circumstances and bad planning on my part. So I changed a few rules and restarted the thread. I'm going to have people re-sign up because I don't want to assume people are okay with these rule changes, but the new thread is here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837628

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Pretty much decided at this stage, but throw a vote on the pile for +MA and Beer Stand

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Fleetfoot Mac needs to meet Extreme Murder Tech

killer_robot
Aug 26, 2006
Grimey Drawer
did this thread die?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

killer_robot posted:

did this thread die?

Agent355 uploads a new match every Friday, usually.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
This thread prompted me to get BB2 on Steam but it keeps crashing when I try to load it. It ran fine when I first installed it but I changed some settings so it wasn't too small and now I can't seem to get it to load the defaults, even after un/reinstalling. I want to get a team up and running to challenge the 'zards. Any suggestions? Google hasn't helped :s

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I don't really know for certain but if it's caused by some setting that you changed (like say a graphic setting your PC can't handle so it's causing errors), then the only reason it would persist through installations is that there is a folder in 'my games' or somewhere else that saves the config file so it doesn't uninstall with the rest of it, or it's a steam cloud thing. Either way there should be a config folder somewhere you can just manually change like a text file, but damned if I know where it is or how you should change it. So this isn't really helpful! Somewhere to start i suppose, I'm really just guessing myself.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Deleting the file after uninstalling the game should cause the game to create a new file with the default parameters when it reinstalls, even if you don't know how to edit the settings file, they key would be just finding it to remove it.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

According to a few different google results the config file should be under my documents/bloodbowl 2.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

you can probably just delete it and use the steam verify game integrity thing to get a fresh one.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Thread: should I take 3 big guy chaos pact into goonbowl?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Yes

E: actually, do the mixed team with ogres and aim for a 10 big guy team.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

FoolyCharged posted:

Yes

E: actually, do the mixed team with ogres and aim for a 10 big guy team.

Can't do that. Goonbowl is for legit table top teams only.

Chaos Pact is the exception because you can use the in-game Chaos Player Pact mixed team to simulate the table top team. Differences are:
Skaven Rat Ogre instead of Chaos Ogre - Has Frenzy and Wild Animal. MA6. Loses TTM and Bonehead.

Marauders aren't a thing so instead we use Chaos Beastmen. They have the same statline but come with Horns and cost more.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
It was the config file. Thanks guys :)

Now to figure this whole league thing out and do some practice games to get up to snuff

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Yeah I'll do another goonbowl plug here. Me and mozic will be spectating and commentating random games and throwing them up in here as bonus footage, just as we feel like doing them.

You too can have us mock your terrible play by signing up overe here.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837628

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Game 10 - Wood Elves

This team brought to us by gaghskull.

Just a note for you goonbowlers: People who are undecided on their goonbowl teams need to make up their mind because signs ups close today and brackets are going to be made over the weekend and I need to know what team you're making

Well that went pretty well, Gaghskull wanted me to let you guys know that I didn't win because Gaghskull is bad at bloodbowl and I am good at bloodobowl, but that he just lost because of dice. This is my official placation apology.

As for levels we have two saurus,

Starance - He can get block or wrestle, fight amongst yourselves over which safe block enabler he can have.

Lincoln - Rolled normals and can pick anything in general or strength.

We also have some money we could use to buy an extra skink for a bit of player-loss protection, or we can just hold onto it for now as it's not that bad (only 10k). Or if we don't want that 10k and we don't want a skink we can just waste the money to get rid of the 10tv.

Don't forget if you're voting for an extra skink you guys have to name him.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Starance gets Wrestle, Lincoln gets Piling On.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

king of skills
Grab for lincoln

obvious choice on the first, and the second because grab means you punch them, and then you put them where you can punch them again.
Actually we should get grab on all the saurii and make things stupidly silly

e: Also, the sensible choice is guard, but he got block instead of a blodge saurus, so we should give him fun sub-optimal skills instead.

e2:

Teddybear posted:

You should buy a new skink, and name him Wrestle.
I like this idea, no such thing as too much wrestle

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Oct 20, 2017

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
Dice happened. Nuffle both loves me, and then fucks me. Skill options on elves is a bit of a funny thing. Why would you choose punchy options rather than more catching and passing options? Elves have the all important agility 4. That makes any passing game even without skills so much easier than you might imagine. And taking block everywhere means your elves might just stay alive. Taking dodge means a player with tackle can hurt your precious pixelmans. :ohdear:

Also, MGMNectarine is for MGMT. Garlic Go is for Gary Go.

And finally, both players can get PASS BLOCK. Because gently caress you Agent. :argh:

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
E: This vote sure went places. Wrestle for Starance.
Guard for Lincoln, because I'm a boring person who votes for what seems most effective.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Oct 20, 2017

EvilUrchin
Jun 13, 2007

Sigmar's Fist: 5 Star Crash Rating
Wrestle for Starance, because now you must pay the blood price for that game.
Grab for Lincoln, because the real Lincoln was well known for choke slamming people and this should be reflected.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Wrestle for Starance

Grab for Lincoln

GrayDorian
Dec 21, 2006

who is he

Aumanor posted:

Block for Starance, mainly so that the vote isn't completely unanimous.
Guard for Lincoln, because I'm a boring person who votes for what seems most effective.

Same

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Break Tackle for Lincoln, because it's like he's an elf.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Block for Starence, Guard for Lincoln, so we can better leverage our strength advantage.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Stop voting for the boring skill guys, vote for the one that grabs your sense of fun and adventure!

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Block for the All-Starence.

Grab for our best president.

You should buy a new skink, and name him Wrestle.

There, everybody's happy.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Gridlocked posted:

Can't do that. Goonbowl is for legit table top teams only.

Chaos Pact is the exception because you can use the in-game Chaos Player Pact mixed team to simulate the table top team. Differences are:
Skaven Rat Ogre instead of Chaos Ogre - Has Frenzy and Wild Animal. MA6. Loses TTM and Bonehead.

Marauders aren't a thing so instead we use Chaos Beastmen. They have the same statline but come with Horns and cost more.

Beastmen also don't have general access to all of the skills, so the horns are an ok tradeoff.

Aumanor posted:

Block for Starance, mainly so that the vote isn't completely unanimous.

This is the best choice.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Block for Starance
Guard for Lincoln

This is really making me want to buy BB2 now that I see they've got the lion's share of the factions in. It was tempting to torture goon league or Agent355 with chaos dwarves or something, but I'll probably pass for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

Block for Starance
Guard for Lincoln

This is really making me want to buy BB2 now that I see they've got the lion's share of the factions in...

Yeah you totally should---

DeathSandwich posted:

chaos dwarves

stay out, probably. Good call.

• Locked thread