Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Kawalimus posted:

So this is a permanent new event format then?
define "permanent"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Because I have no restraint, I pulled yet again on Prompto Banner

3/11

Prompto USB, Aranea BSB, Noctis BSB (dupe)

I mean, while I, yet again, do not yet have any LMRs for FF15, I did get one of the two things I was going for.

However it does mean I have 7/12 relics on that banner, so pulling again on it is probably going to end in sadness.

It does however mean I have an almost complete Prompto.

Currently missing:

Gladiolus OSB/LMR, Noctis OSB/LMR, Iris LMR, Aranea OSB/SSB/LMR, Prompto LMR.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i went ahead and egged my Noctis to 80 because between his legend materia and airstep sword he is by far and away my best character. it doesn't hurt that lifesiphon is my most honed 4* or above ability, i'm aiming to get ace striker unlocked for him since that seems like it would be quite good but are there any other reasonable materia i should be looking at instead

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Pulled on the FF2 Banner mainly for synergy, got Gordon's Gungnir, and Scott's Wild Rose and Cloak. Not a bad pull considering Gungnir gives physical blink , Scott's sword gives me an enfire and his cloak if nothing else is a lifesiphonable 40% medica.

rabidsquid posted:

i went ahead and egged my Noctis to 80 because between his legend materia and airstep sword he is by far and away my best character. it doesn't hurt that lifesiphon is my most honed 4* or above ability, i'm aiming to get ace striker unlocked for him since that seems like it would be quite good but are there any other reasonable materia i should be looking at instead

Ramza's Battleforged is exactly the same as Ace Striker and I think Steiner's Knight's Charge is comparable.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Oct 20, 2017

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Nihilarian posted:

define "permanent"

I mean not just an odd event like the WoFF deals. Like this is what they'll be going with for some time. I guess it is permanent.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Kawalimus posted:

I mean not just an odd event like the WoFF deals. Like this is what they'll be going with for some time. I guess it is permanent.

Not really. They release events in this format sometimes, and events in the standard classic/elite with later bonus battle format sometimes.

PneumonicBook posted:

Ramza's Battleforged is exactly the same as Ace Striker and I think Steiner's Knight's Charge is comparable.

Steiner's is similar but a little different. Battleforged and Ace striker are +50% SB gauge from using attacks or abilities. Steiner's is +25% SB gauge from using abilities, and +25% from getting hit. So Ace Striker and Battleforged are better if you're using lifesiphon or wrath, but if not then usually AS/BF end up roughly equivalent to Steiner's Knight's Charge in effect, so it can be good to put on healers or something.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Oct 20, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Dollar Draw gave me Josef's Medica SSB. :confuoot: I have Minwu's Instant Medica for II already, but I guess I'll pull it out for Ice weak stuff. He can always carry Breakdowns and Lifesiphon while waiting for Global to get that one Ice Monk skill.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Is there a decent Windows 10 compatible android emu out there?

I can't handle grinding out these 50k event autofights on my phone, doing it on a second window might give me some prayer of getting them done :v:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

victrix posted:

I can't handle grinding out these 50k event autofights on my phone, doing it on a second window might give me some prayer of getting them done :v:

I've used bluestacks, it didn't wow me or anything but it did what I told it to do.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

victrix posted:

I use MEmu in conjunction with Fiddler (mostly for farming RMs/Torment orbs or making sure I haven't cocked something up in the boss conditions), and they work pretty well.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

victrix posted:

Does this actually work without any weirdness or DeNa getting mad you?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, VIII renewal has been great so far. I've seen where I went "okay I can do all the regular dungeons but those Ultimates are A Bit Much" and also "well I can do Ultimates but Ultimate+ is Too Much"

E: heh, peeked ahead and 8 also has "U+ is ok but U++ is just ridiculous" and "U++ is fine but Apocalypse+ can gently caress off". And then a bunch of completed A+es.

StriderVM
Aug 23, 2013
Context : I'm an FF4 Fanboy.

If I tried exclusively drawing on the FF4 Renewal banner how many of those high end relics will help my party?

Or at least enable me to use most of the FF4 characters in 140+ difficulty dungeons?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

StriderVM posted:

If I tried exclusively drawing on the FF4 Renewal banner how many of those high end relics will help my party?

Or at least enable me to use most of the FF4 characters in 140+ difficulty dungeons?

Do not draw on the renewal event, even if you love the game. For every actual good relic there are several bad ones.

FFIV has an event coming in the middle of next month that's going to be much better.

It also has Rydia's OSB which is adorable.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

StriderVM posted:

You are probably better off egging your favorite character up, getting them dived, and giving them abilities with good hones while you wait for the next FFIV event.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

StriderVM posted:

Don't pull on the Renewal banners at all. They're a bit of a trap. Problem is that they're full of old SSB-tier relics from like 2015-2016. That stuff is ok, but nowhere near the current high quality relics.

But you're in luck, because there's a FF4 event incoming in a few weeks, and it'll be much better.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Payday means I get to do a handful of 100 gems I was behind on woo.

Nothing
Nothing
Nothing
Dupe Quistis OSB

...Sure okay thanks game for the 7* whip.

Edit: Also resisting the temptation to last minute pull on that gem banner since it goes away tonight. $30 is a lot to my meager retail income. :ohdear:

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Oct 20, 2017

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Payday means I get to do a handful of 100 gems I was behind on woo.

Nothing
Nothing
Nothing
Dupe Quistis OSB

...Sure okay thanks game for the 7* whip.

Edit: Also resisting the temptation to last minute pull on that gem banner since it goes away tonight. $30 is a lot to my meager retail income. :ohdear:

Just thinking about all the other stuff I could buy with $30 has helped me stay far away from the gem only banner.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
It's a lot better than 30 dollar draws if you ask me.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Is the XV renewal banner an exception to the "dont pull on renewals" rule? It seems like better odds of pulling Noct's SSB than the current banner, if that's what you're after (I am).

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Is the XV renewal banner an exception to the "dont pull on renewals" rule? It seems like better odds of pulling Noct's SSB than the current banner, if that's what you're after (I am).

Both the XV and Type-0 banners are probably just going to be the event banner because they've only had one and it was fairly recent (well, and the FFXV one that just ended makes two I guess, but I doubt those will be on it). So those are probably safe-ish.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I believe all the relics on renewals have equal pull chances, so the chances of getting Noct/Gladio OSB are slightly higher to the detriment of everything else. But the odds of getting Noct SSB should still be higher than the 1% from the Prompto banne.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Yeah. Since my most wanted relics are Noctis SSB + LMR and Iris BSB + LMR, I'm gonna do a pull on the XV renewal. I was planning on just waiting for the eventual Ignis event, but SSBs no longer show up on banners in Japan, excluding for when new characters are released. Makes it worth one shot, especially with the extra Mythril I'm grabbing from the Renewal Dungeons.

Only XV relic is the Prompto SSB I got from the dollar draw so no dupes, either. I also have a much stronger Lightning team then Earth so Gladio is a decent trade to Prompto and Aranea.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I know there is a new system coming in Japan for magicite combining so what should I be doing with all my extra magicite now? If I have a level 99 3* should I be holding on to all the extra level 1s or leveling them up as well? And what about the tons of 1 and 2 stars I have?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I dollar pulled all the renewal banners. No fucks given. Best thing I got was Leon BSB which I tossed on top of my mountain of dark gear. Dollar pull on the FF2 event got me Scott's cloak. Hey it's synergy and no dupes :shrug:

I definitely would never do a full pull on any of the renewal banners though.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
I'll be doing lots of pulls on the XV and Type 0 banners, because all characters but Nine are frequent members of my A team, but otherwise yeah, they're all garbage.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Electric Phantasm posted:

Just thinking about all the other stuff I could buy with $30 has helped me stay far away from the gem only banner.

I got Etrian Odyssey 5 instead. :v:

Justified by:

It's a guaranteed investment in entertainment instead of Gacha.
It's motherfuckin' Etrian Odyssey.
I don't have to pay my cellphone or put gas in my truck this paycheck so I can afford the personal buy.

I'm doing it you guys I'm being an adult and resisting the siren call of the gacha aren't you all proud. :kiddo:

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

What happened to the daily mission that gave a mythril?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Yeah my dailies didn't show up today

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Daily Missions
Daily Missions are reset each day of the campaign, and can be completed once per day.
It's a great chance to earn rewards each day.

Daily Mission Availability
12:00 AM 10/5 PST (8:00 AM 10/5 UTC) to 11:59 PM 10/18 PST (7:59 AM 10/19 UTC)

[We got an extra day of it yesterday]

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Oh lame

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

I dollar pulled all the renewal banners. No fucks given. Best thing I got was Leon BSB which I tossed on top of my mountain of dark gear. Dollar pull on the FF2 event got me Scott's cloak. Hey it's synergy and no dupes :shrug:

I definitely would never do a full pull on any of the renewal banners though.

I dollar pulled Squall's OSB, so I have no regrets. If nothing else I got a solid stat stick for 8

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Schwartzcough posted:

The relics on event banners have never gotten shuffled around, so there's no reason to think these will be. Only Fest banners get reorganized.

Have we gotten the event date datamined as certain, though? Like, deep in the pit of my gut I'm afraid of them pushing back that event like they did the Rubicante event, making it literally right before the other hyped-as-gently caress banner (OK USBs) just to milk more people of their cash. :tinfoil:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Have we gotten the event date datamined as certain, though? Like, deep in the pit of my gut I'm afraid of them pushing back that event like they did the Rubicante event, making it literally right before the other hyped-as-gently caress banner (OK USBs) just to milk more people of their cash. :tinfoil:

There is another tactics banner about the same amount of time after OK as OK is after FFTA (assuming they keep the same order) that is arguably better. Someone was telling me about it on discord. It trades Gaffgarion and Ovelia relics for Orlandeau and Meliadoul. It still has most of Ramza's stuff (loses chant), but in general I think the grouping of the relics on the banners is quite a bit better.

It's worth looking into, and it also means you'll get a break between OK and tactics one way or the other.

FFTA Event
Alma FFT event

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

KPC_Mammon posted:

Do you have Raines BSB? I'd get another source of +mag in there. He does respectable damage with chain-gas after using his bsb entry and the +def lowers incoming damage.

Have him replace OK, you don't need entrust when you are going with BSBs and hones.

Alternatively have him replace Rikku and use OK BSB. Is she doing anything useful after using her USB?

Schwartzcough posted:

Do you have another hastega/faithga besides Rikku? Because you've got too much dead weight. Two dedicated healers is probably too much, and Rikku can't really contribute much after she casts her USB. Keep in mind, you don't even need Shellga for this fight since the only magic is the piercing AoE. I think if you had someone else actually pitching in damage you could probably get there.

These were good ideas, I switched out OK for Raines and honed up my Chain Blizzaga and cleared in 1:05. Then I swapped out Rikku for OK and gave him Blizzaga and got it down to 0:58

:feelsgood:

I think I should be able to slightly modify this setup and clear Hydra too since I have Maria's BSB

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mithross posted:

There is another tactics banner about the same amount of time after OK as OK is after FFTA (assuming they keep the same order) that is arguably better. Someone was telling me about it on discord. It trades Gaffgarion and Ovelia relics for Orlandeau and Meliadoul. It still has most of Ramza's stuff (loses chant), but in general I think the grouping of the relics on the banners is quite a bit better.

It's worth looking into, and it also means you'll get a break between OK and tactics one way or the other.

FFTA Event
Alma FFT event

Yeah the Alma banners seem a whole lot better especially for someone like me who is trying to pull for Montblanc. I'm okay with getting other relics on that second Alma banner since Gaffgarion is downplayed to one relic.

gently caress Gaffgarion

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Mithross posted:

FFTA Event
Alma FFT event

alma?

really?

i know they're stretching for characters at this point but you'd think they'd have gone with a previously playable character (argath) or somebody who was ever combat adjacent (wiegraf, eldmor) at any point in the game

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Mirthless posted:

alma?

really?

i know they're stretching for characters at this point but you'd think they'd have gone with a previously playable character (argath) or somebody who was ever combat adjacent (wiegraf, eldmor) at any point in the game

Alma is a guest a couple times. She's not Tietra.

Still better than Dorgann or Braska, who are not alive at any point during the game they're from. (And, unlike Auron, aren't ghosts either.)

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
On the other hand, we could've had Beowulf. Or Reis. Or Worker 8. Or Cloud (FFT). :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

orran durai or bust

• Locked thread