Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Med, because there would be more room for interesting bote action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Voting Med in the hopes that the AMX will do better in it's intended operating environment.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Med: Long live free Sardinia!

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Balkans

I think I need a break from water maps.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Balkans

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Yooper posted:

Remember Casablanca?
You must remember this,
a kiss is just a kiss,
a sigh is just a sigh,
the fundamental things apply,
as time goes by.

Vote: The Med

How can it be anything except The Med?!!

Cola Wars, Fanta Commericals, Casablanca, The French Foreign Legion, and for those Goons that wanted to annex Crete as a BoO, here's your chance!

Although, if it were up to me, I say split Corsica with the Legion and call it a day. They have croissants, you can smoke in their barracks, their own private wine label, and of course, nude beaches with French Girls.

***** Edit *****

@Yooper: Wonderful world building, my compliments to the Chef. While procurement and theater selection is always a tense time 'round these parts, the passion shown by the Goons is indicative of the care and effort you show in putting these scenarios together.

Thanks.

CourValant fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 20, 2017

McGibby
Jan 27, 2009

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Med

That boat needs to earn its pay and also have some missiles fired in its general direction

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Med

I want to get my war crime on and the Balkans heavily restricts that.

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
Voting Med. We just got a boat, let’s lose it.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

CourValant posted:

@Yooper: Wonderful world building, my compliments to the Chef. While procurement and theater selection is always a tense time 'round these parts, the passion shown by the Goons is indicative of the care and effort you show in putting these scenarios together.

Thanks.

Seconded. I love what you're doing with the place, Yooper.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Acquiring a bote and then choosing a theater where we can't use it would be silly even for us.

Med

mllaneza fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 20, 2017

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

aphid_licker posted:

Seconded. I love what you're doing with the place, Yooper.

Thanks! Though I doubt we'll get the security deposit back in a few months...

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

Will we see the return of dogmocracy?

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

orcbuster posted:

Will we see the return of dogmocracy?

The voting is neck-and-neck right now. Should it be a tie then yes, Dogmocracy will return.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
I have to choose between Alcohol Wars and Brexit Wars.

This is going to be the second hardest choice I have to make today.

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
The Alcohol Wars are in both theatres, though! You can have both!

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Balkans. What could go wrong?

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Nick Esasky posted:

The Alcohol Wars are in both theatres, though! You can have both!

I thought brexit was softdrinks. Reread the post even to make sure. edit: oh pfft beer, doesn't count imo. When I think "Alcohol Wars" I think The Good Stuff that we keep a few bottles of in our HQ for special negotiations.

nerts, can't decide, gonna have to pass on voting this round. I'm stuck between "fight for good alcohol and not worry about enemy ASMs" and "have bote be useful in more than one or two spots while enjoying the beaches."

Groggy nard fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 20, 2017

bingsu
Aug 10, 2017

I've been reading through this thread for the last week, and now that I've finally caught up, I just want to say that I love this LP, Yooper. Planes, shenanigans, cyberpunk, and squabbling goons all in an insane world that thinks that giving advanced weapons to a bunch of mercs is the best way to fight. It's glorious. I can't wait to see what insane climax you have in store for future theaters.

I'd like to pitch in my vote for the Med, as it gives us an opportunity to use bote, and because we deserve nice weather after being in the Bering Sea.

Add me in as a fighter or attacker pilot, callsign Robo.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Groggy nard posted:

I thought brexit was softdrinks. Reread the post even to make sure. edit: oh pfft beer, doesn't count imo. When I think "Alcohol Wars" I think The Good Stuff that we keep a few bottles of in our HQ for special negotiations.

Literally buying a bottle of Unicum after work.

Take that productivity!

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
I kinda wanna vote for Dogmocracy if that's possible!

Otherwise, Med. Especially if we can end up with suitably amazing posh british accents for BMC somewhere.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Yooper posted:

Thanks! Though I doubt we'll get the security deposit back in a few months...

Toga party confirmed

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_aircraft_carrier_S%C3%A3o_Paulo_(A12)

This is the old french carrier Sao paulo, formerly Foch. It is to be decomissioned from Brazilian service later this year. Question is, can we get the French to pull some strings and persuade the Brazilians that this might be something they can sell us?

orcbuster fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 20, 2017

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Med

Let’s give the bote lobby a chance to prove that their new toy isn’t just a floating target.

Realbarrow
Dec 5, 2013

Med. Good weather is a strong argument after the hell that was the Bering.

Edit: Dogmocracy is not a real vote, rearranged post without changing my original actual vote for the Med. Even if I wish I'd written Balkans. :v:

Realbarrow fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 21, 2017

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Some airport options for the Med theatre, keeping in mind how terribly short range our bisons and floggers are:

Pantelleria - Tiny island between Sicily and Tunis, owned by Italy, easy access to Sardinia, Malta, Tripoli, Tunis, Sicily, and Naples, with Algeria and Corsica at longer range. Two runways. It's right in the thick of things and controls the straits, so expect our radar and SAMs to get a workout, but it has fantastic range to a large number of conflict areas.

Sardinia - This is a conflict zone and our airbase will be under ground threat, but Sardinia provides the best range access to the entire theatre. Decimomannu Air Base is a two-runway military air base in the south (Sardinian rebels area).

Corsica - Several good airports and airstrips on the southern half and less with only slightly reduced range compared to Sardinia. Figari, Propriano, and Ajaccio Airport Napoleon Bonaparte are all one runway, so we might want to consider two of them.

Cannes - Suggested from Discord mostly because it's a very safe option, very difficult to reach Algeria or Spain, but has access to Corsica and Sardinia and the various drinks bases. Cannes-Mandelieu is a two runway airport, although one is short at 2500 feet.

Mallorca - This will be owned by BMC, so unless you want to go buddy-buddy with them, I don't recommend it. But it is indeed a great location. Palma de Mallorca is two runways and part-military.

Valencia area - There's two airports here, Valencia itself and Castellón–Costa Azahar which is also know as the ghost airport since no one flies out of it. Speculation is that it's a scam to milk money from the local government. Both are single runway. Range from here is great to Algiers and Mallorca, so if you want to blow up Algerian poo poo and BMC, it's a nice place. Otherwise there's some soft drink enclaves and Gibraltar and Sardinia are at the edge of range. Probably the second-safest option but also not great range-wise.

Murcia - Slightly better range to Africa/Gibraltar than Valencia but this is a Xinjiang area. I don't know if we want that. Murcia-San Javier has two runways.

Tunisia - Great range to the entire theatre, a little worryingly close to Algeria and Tunis itself is Xinjiang territory. Tunis-Carthage International is the only two-runway airport, but Tabarka and borj el amri could be sufficient if we based on both.

Mallorca or Manorca - Excellent range to Sardinia and the best possible range to Algiers short of basing in Algeria. Both are two runway. The problem is this is BMC's home turf. Manorca was originally a British island, if they aren't home basing from Gibraltar or Malta, then they're home basing here. Mallorca is more of Spanish territory, although it's BMC on Yooper's map. If Mallorca is still sovereign Spanish territory it would be a fine place to base.

There's a lot of airfields around so there's probably tons I've skipped, I'd love to hear what other people find. Same for Balkans, but information on those is a little harder to google so I'll do it later.

EDIT: I also don't know if google shows me all the military bases.

TheDemon fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Oct 21, 2017

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

Bacarruda posted:

In honor of Grey Hunter, the one and only crocotopus and our future boat captain, the Discord goons would like to give the invisiboat with a suitable name: Tokyo Bay Fortress.

Truly, this is the only possible option.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Voting for Balkans

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Dogmocracy

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Hooray, I'm a pilot! I'm going to die!

Also voting Med, and I support whatever soda faction or choice gets me access to free Antarctica Guarana.

orcbuster posted:

This is the old french carrier Sao paulo, formerly Foch. It is to be decomissioned from Brazilian service later this year. Question is, can we get the French to pull some strings and persuade the Brazilians that this might be something they can sell us?

Like this one, send out the ol' SP packed with AG and I'm all in!

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Should there be a tie, or a margin equal to those who specified Dogmocracy, then we shall have Dogmocracy!

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

TheDemon posted:

Some airport options for the Med theatre, keeping in mind how terribly short range our bisons and floggers are:

Pantelleria - Tiny island between Sicily and Tunis, owned by Italy, easy access to Sardinia, Malta, Tripoli, Tunis, Sicily, and Naples, with Algeria and Corsica at longer range. Two runways. It's right in the thick of things and controls the straits, so expect our radar and SAMs to get a workout, but it has fantastic range to a large number of conflict areas.

Sardinia - This is a conflict zone and our airbase will be under ground threat, but Sardinia provides the best range access to the entire theatre. Decimomannu Air Base is a two-runway military air base in the south (Sardinian rebels area).

Corsica - Several good airports and airstrips on the southern half and less with only slightly reduced range compared to Sardinia. Figari, Propriano, and Ajaccio Airport Napoleon Bonaparte are all one runway, so we might want to consider two of them.

Cannes - Suggested from Discord mostly because it's a very safe option, very difficult to reach Algeria or Spain, but has access to Corsica and Sardinia and the various drinks bases. Cannes-Mandelieu is a two runway airport, although one is short at 2500 feet.

Mallorca - This will be owned by BMC, so unless you want to go buddy-buddy with them, I don't recommend it. But it is indeed a great location. Palma de Mallorca is two runways and part-military.

Valencia area - There's two airports here, Valencia itself and Castellón–Costa Azahar which is also know as the ghost airport since no one flies out of it. Speculation is that it's a scam to milk money from the local government. Both are single runway. Range from here is great to Algiers and Mallorca, so if you want to blow up Algerian poo poo and BMC, it's a nice place. Otherwise there's some soft drink enclaves and Gibraltar and Sardinia are at the edge of range. Probably the second-safest option but also not great range-wise.

Murcia - Slightly better range to Africa/Gibraltar than Valencia but this is a Xinjiang area. I don't know if we want that. Murcia-San Javier has two runways.

Tunisia - Great range to the entire theatre, a little worryingly close to Algeria and Tunis itself is Xinjiang territory. Tunis-Carthage International is the only two-runway airport, but Tabarka and borj el amri could be sufficient if we based on both.

There's a lot of airfields around so there's probably tons I've skipped, I'd love to hear what other people find. Same for Balkans, but information on those is a little harder to google so I'll do it later.

EDIT: I also don't know if google shows me all the military bases.
We should just get the Pope to lend us his airfield.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Gotta go with the Dog

Both theaters seem fun!

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

sniper4625 posted:

Gotta go with the Dog

Both theaters seem fun!

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Yooper posted:

Should there be a tie, or a margin equal to those who specified Dogmocracy, then we shall have Dogmocracy!

Well then, dogmocracy it is.

PBJ
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Dog

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

orcbuster posted:

We aren't sure if we can maintain a bomber and you want us to buy a carrier? I mean I'd love that too but I think we're missing a few intermediate steps here. If nothing else we'd probably need some more boats to guard it with. Also probably planes to put on it.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Med

orcbuster
May 17, 2017

power crystals posted:

We aren't sure if we can maintain a bomber and you want us to buy a carrier? I mean I'd love that too but I think we're missing a few intermediate steps here. If nothing else we'd probably need some more boats to guard it with. Also probably planes to put on it.

Don't point put my hypocrisy :p we all have our blind spots (in this case me wanting to tempt the bote vote towards sinkimg the brits)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

dogmocracy is the only correct way look at that good boy