Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

So the Shield is going to bury every cool and good person on the roster in one match?

Also The Miz will be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Also The Miz will be there.

You spelled Kane wrong.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So the Shield is going to bury every cool and good person on the roster in one match?

Welcome to the reunion everybody waited for, everybody wanted, and everyone benefits from

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I sure hope Kane doesn't get buried.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Worth it as long as it gets Roman over.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Spoilers: you're all gonna hate this by the time it's over

enjoy the wrestling version of "oh gently caress, we're in a corner, remake FF7"

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Go RV! posted:

Spoilers: you're all gonna hate this by the time it's over

enjoy the wrestling version of "oh gently caress, we're in a corner, remake FF7"

Now that you mention it I WOULD like a remade version of wrestlemania 2.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bring back ring carts

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Faustian Bargain posted:

Worth it as long as it gets Roman over.

Once you appreciate his timing and psychology it'll be worth burying six people.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

No because Miz is probably taking the fall and just because a team loses doesn't mean they are buried.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Shield Winning Is Now Bad, Because

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The Shield Winning Is Now Bad, Because
Because its a cynical attempt to get Roman over even though this is how it should have always been, Roman would way more of an actual star if the Shield remained a unit and he won the belt off Brock at Mania while Seth and Dean could have been IC/US or Tag Champs

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

What's the deal with the meningitis?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's okay to like things even if they came about for bad reasons. You don't need to be ashamed of liking the Shield.

Unzip that gross stained hoodie and show that gross stained Shield shirt proudly.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm telling you guys, the Shield match is going to involve members of the heel team getting pissed at each other and voluntarily leaving.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Does it really matter what the result of this match is? This is the most throwaway PPV I've ever seen, WWE clearly just threw the Shield back together to have something to do while they stumble their way to the Royal Rumble so they'll actually start trying again.

If Roman Spears and flash pins Miz or Strowman powerslams and pins Ambrose while everybody else is brawling or laid out all over the place, like...who cares? There's nothing at stake, the whole point is to just enjoy the carnage and dudes getting powerbombed through stuff.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Does it really matter what the result of this match is? This is the most throwaway PPV I've ever seen, WWE clearly just threw the Shield back together to have something to do while they stumble their way to the Royal Rumble so they'll actually start trying again.

If Roman Spears and flash pins Miz or Strowman powerslams and pins Ambrose while everybody else is brawling or laid out all over the place, like...who cares? There's nothing at stake, the whole point is to just enjoy the carnage and dudes getting powerbombed through stuff.

It matters because people want to go BURIAL

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

"Don't worry about it. Wins and losses don't matter."

-Probably Vince McMahon

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
The heels should win to set up a 5 on 5 survivor series match. The shield could team up with Jordan and Hardy or Balor.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Finn is gonna be getting his win back from Sister Abigail at SS.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

CopywrightMMXI posted:

The heels should win to set up a 5 on 5 survivor series match. The shield could team up with Jordan and Hardy or Balor.

This is one of those things where neither side really needs to lose yet. So they'll book the match with fuckery like it protects somebody. So the heels will lose two PPVs in a row at least.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

To me it's like...they started at the conclusion: Roman still can't get people behind him, so let's reunite :siren: The MOTHERFUCKING Shield! :siren:

Hmm let's take our biggest heel on Raw, which is somehow currently the loving Miz. Great he already has 2 lackeys so we can do a 3v3. Roman couldn't handle Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel by himself and he had to bring the shield, really, for these 3? That makes him look like a punk, so let's bring in The Bar because reasons. They were feuding with Ambrose/Rollins right? Hmm, the shield is still way too big of a deal for these guys? Uhh, Strowman, let's get you in there to make it 4v3, can the shield overcome the odds!?. Also, Kane?

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Finn is gonna be getting his win back from Sister Abigail at SS.

You DO mean at summer slam 2018 right because that's how long this loving feud is going to continue.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

-Probably Vince McMahon

HHH and Road Dogg (SD booker) already both publicly said this, that's endorsement enough

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Platypus Farm posted:

You DO mean at summer slam 2018 right because that's how long this loving feud is going to continue.

The universe got Bray sick because it realized this was a feud he was actually going to win and couldn't let it happen

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

The universe got Bray sick because it realized this was a feud he was actually going to win and couldn't let it happen

Counterpoint, no longer having to do this feud is the only way TO win

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheKingslayer posted:

-Probably Vince McMahon

If the heels lose clean I'd understand being annoyed. If they lose when there's dissention and somebody leaves, then who gives a gently caress?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Braun's going to get mad and crush his teammates.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If the heels lose clean I'd understand being annoyed.

How is us being upset about this thing we're sure will happen any worse than you being smug and repeatedly so sure this will happen

quote:

If they lose when there's dissention and somebody leaves,

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Counterpoint, no longer having to do this feud is the only way TO win

For Finn yeah obviously. For Bray, where does he go from here honestly

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

The same place he's always gone, Pinky.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

He continues to vainly hope that this time he will be booked good

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If the heels lose clean I'd understand being annoyed. If they lose when there's dissention and somebody leaves, then who gives a gently caress?

If the heels lose clean itll be awesome because its the loving shield hth

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

How is us being upset about this thing we're sure will happen any worse than you being smug and repeatedly so sure this will happen

How is his being smug and so sure one thing will happen any worse than you being smug and so sure about literally everything.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Don't look now but guess who is worse than WWE? It's me.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

How is his being smug and so sure one thing will happen any worse than you being smug and so sure about literally everything.

That about sums it up, yep. I'm sure about that finish because it's a very obvious one and is an easy way to protect Braun which I'm 95%+ they'll want to do, assuming of course no one in the main is sick, which obviously fingers crossed, and the vast majority of the time, the storyline with cobbled together teams like this is that they don't get along.

Did anyone reputable report anything about the main possibly being impacted, or was it just conjecture somewhere?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That about sums it up, yep. I'm sure about that finish because it's a very obvious one and is an easy way to protect Braun which I'm 95%+ they'll want to do, assuming of course no one in the main is sick, which obviously fingers crossed, and the vast majority of the time, the storyline with cobbled together teams like this is that they don't get along.

Did anyone reputable report anything about the main possibly being impacted, or was it just conjecture somewhere?

We don't even know if Bray is for sure sick or if he's just being kept away from the roster as a precaution (since you can carry the virus without showing symptoms). I think the only thing we actually even know for sure is "Bo is sick."

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

We don't even know if Bray is for sure sick or if he's just being kept away from the roster as a precaution (since you can carry the virus without showing symptoms). I think the only thing we actually even know for sure is "Bo is sick."

Also I looked it up and viral meningitis is a lot less dangerous than bacterial and apparently typically cures itself in 7-10 days. The prognosis would probably also be good for super athletic young-ish adults like pro wrestlers.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well TLC just got a whole lot more interesting and possibly better.

Finn is wrestling AJ loving STYLES and Roman is being replaced.

...by Kurt Angle. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
Roman out, Angle in. AJ vs Finn.