Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Block for the Saurus because Wrestle Saurs are tragedy bad instead of comedy bad.

Guard for Lincon over MB or BT - we already have two Blitzer builds who would be better at leveraging those skills, and we're about to be pushing 1500 TV with 0 strength amplifiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
You need to not think of Starance as a Saurus with Wrestle. You need to look to the future, and start thinking of him as a Saurus with wrestle and strip ball and break tackle (and Jump Up if he gets doubles). This is about having a giant blue ball-seeking missile. This is about making Agent ram a dinosaur into cages and throwing -2dbs because 5-out-of-6 that ball is touching the ground. And then our unstoppable rat-skink grabs that ball from anywhere because tackle zones mean nothing. This is about watching exciting bullshit plays.

Vote for Fun. Vote for Hope. Vote for the Future. Vote for the King of Skills

Also Guard I guess.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Voyager I posted:

over MB or BT - we already have two Blitzer builds who would be better at leveraging those skills, and we're about to be pushing 1500 TV with 0 strength amplifiers.

There has literally been a single vote for both of those skills combined. The cool kids are voting he grabs people and tosses them into the krox and other fun shenanigans.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Rorahusky posted:

Block for Starence, Guard for Lincoln, so we can better leverage our strength advantage.

Voting dis.

ldragon
Feb 18, 2011

Aumanor posted:

Block for Starance, mainly so that the vote isn't completely unanimous.
Guard for Lincoln, because I'm a boring person who votes for what seems most effective.

My sense of adventure demands more blood, and this vote is more blood.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Block for Starance
Guard for Lincoln

We are on the precipice of true glory!

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Welp... I actually anticipated a lot more people to jump on the wrestle train when I made that vote and mainly picked block to be contrarian. I actually think that having a single wrestlesaur for getting the ball free is a good idea so I'm changing my vote to wrestle (edited my previous post as well). The vote for guard stands.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm facing the cru soon. So Block and Break Tackle are my votes. Guard is rude and not fun having. :colbert:

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Agent355 posted:

Yeah you totally should---

stay out, probably. Good call.

Yeah you need to gain some more tv before facing Chaos Dwarfs so that all the blockers have claw-pomb. :colbert:

I am feeling spiteful because your videos are reminding me of how much I hate playing against lizards. Fast AND strong AND can pick up the ball? gently caress OFF!

Wrestle and Break Tackle

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013
Here, to make up for dicing you, multiple times, have some nice, calm text.
Block for starance
Guard for Lincoln
Buy a skink and name him Catalonia

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Wrestle and wrestle for the two skills. Buy a skink and name it Wrestle.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Wrestle for Starance.
Grab for Lincoln.
A foul to everyone who votes like a dwarf. I.e utterly boring.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Manuel Calavera posted:

I'm facing the cru soon. So Block and Break Tackle are my votes. Guard is rude and not fun having. :colbert:

This.

uPen posted:

Wrestlemania :colbert:

ProZocK posted:

Buy a skink and name him Catalonia

lmao.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Gaghskull posted:

And finally, both players can get PASS BLOCK. Because gently caress you Agent. :argh:

This guy gets it. Sorry about elfs my dude

Nah, never sorry to see elfs die

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Block
and
Grab

Arban
Aug 28, 2017
Wrestle
Grab

And a skink named Wrestle

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

ZiegeDame posted:

You need to not think of Starance as a Saurus with Wrestle. You need to look to the future, and start thinking of him as a Saurus with wrestle and strip ball and break tackle (and Jump Up if he gets doubles). This is about having a giant blue ball-seeking missile. This is about making Agent ram a dinosaur into cages and throwing -2dbs because 5-out-of-6 that ball is touching the ground. And then our unstoppable rat-skink grabs that ball from anywhere because tackle zones mean nothing. This is about watching exciting bullshit plays.

Vote for Fun. Vote for Hope. Vote for the Future. Vote for the King of Skills

Also Guard I guess.

Seconding this so hard. Also liking the skink named Wrestle.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Wrestle
Grab

We're at the team value where the guard arms race starts, but Agent is good and I'm sure he can make it work even if he's behind on guard.

Teddybear posted:

You should buy a new skink, and name him Wrestle.
+vote

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 21, 2017

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Angry Lobster posted:

Wrestlemania :colbert:

Ok yeah, name the skink Wrestlemania.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Starance Wrestle
Lincoln Mighty Blow

at this TV enemy teams are going to have so much block, we need a block counterer. With AV9 wrestle's increased chance of fouling won't be important!

Also Thanks for including a couple minutes during the setup/start of the game to review the enemy team (both wood elves and gag's specific weird skill picks), I think it really helped me. Not sure if you did this because of my nagging, but either way I want to apologize for the nagging.

namad fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 21, 2017

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HELL YEAH. The Lucasarts Stars need a chance as I'm not the best player.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Teddybear posted:

Block for the All-Starence.

Grab for our best president.

I'm anti-wrestle because lol if you expect a wrackle strip baller to happen, Starance will never get spp from his back.

Moxie fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 21, 2017

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Block and Break Tackle. Better hitting and mobility, respectively.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

That was the greatest game of Blood Bowl I have ever seen.

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014
Block for Starance
Guard for Lincoln

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Agent355 posted:

Yeah I'll do another goonbowl plug here. Me and mozic will be spectating and commentating random games and throwing them up in here as bonus footage, just as we feel like doing them.

You too can have us mock your terrible play by signing up overe here.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837628

uPen posted:

King of votes! I vote same as uPen

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Block for Starance
Guard for Lincoln

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Block and Mighty Blow for Starance and Lincoln.

And a skink named Wrestle Saur

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Block for Starance and Grab for Lincoln.

Abyssal Lurker
Jul 14, 2007

:jeb:THRILLMASTER:jeb:
Block for Starance
Guard for Lincoln
Buy a skink named Wrestle

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.
Block for Starance
Guard for Lincoln
Buy Wrassle Skink

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Block for Starance
Guard for Lincoln
And buy a Skink called Wrestle or Wrestlemania to appease the masses.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Block and Grab.

We're basically always going to have the strength advantage, so something that can counter side-step and help set up subsequent blocks seems at least as useful as guard.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
You people are spelling it wrong. The skink's name should be WRASSLE, in all caps.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Is wrestle actually better on skinks than saurus? or does this team usually just have 0 wrestle? Wouldn't a skink with wrestle basically never use it because fleetfoot is too good a blitzer? Or is it possible to build a wrestle strip ball skink to run into danger and die? Leaving fleetfoot purely for pickups and scores? I guess I could be persuaded to change my vote, and get on board. I just don't currently comprehend.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

vote update with just about 24 hours left.

Block vs wrestls
25 - block
16 - wrestle

Lincoln -
18 - Guard
10 - Grab
7 - Break Tackle
5 - Mighty Blow
2 - Wrassle
1 - Pass Block
1 - Piling On

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

namad posted:

Is wrestle actually better on skinks than saurus? or does this team usually just have 0 wrestle? Wouldn't a skink with wrestle basically never use it because fleetfoot is too good a blitzer? Or is it possible to build a wrestle strip ball skink to run into danger and die? Leaving fleetfoot purely for pickups and scores? I guess I could be persuaded to change my vote, and get on board. I just don't currently comprehend.

fleetfoot is a oneturner. hes never blitzting anything if he can help it. hes going to always be surrounded by mans because anyone sane will want to kill it at every opertunity since its a player that will cause the opponent to lose if it lives. saurs dont really care much for wrassle besides getting a ball carrier down. usually a skink can do this about as well and usually the preferred option since saurs usually want to stand not get put on the ground.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

give lincoln grab because guard is literally the most boring skill in the entire game

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

namad posted:

Wrestle and Strip Ball are both doubles on a skink. The odds are you will only ever get one double per player for the life of them (six skill ups, odds are 1/6 for dubs) so you really can't count on it. Wrestle is generally not used on lizards because you want your saurii punching every opportunity you can and skinks you want mobile.

Fleetfoot is really just a freak of nature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Block and Guard.

• Locked thread