Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
https://twitter.com/bismackbiyombo/status/921409948248047616

That's Orlando rookie Jonathan Isaac having to run back to the lockerroom because he forgot to put his jersey on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

kiimo posted:

I should have bet on Dennis Smith Jr to win rookie of the year back when the odds were stupidly in favor of Ball.

The only thing holding back DSJ is potentially injuring himself by trying to dunk on anything that moves.

Athanatos posted:

https://twitter.com/bismackbiyombo/status/921409948248047616

That's Orlando rookie Jonathan Isaac having to run back to the lockerroom because he forgot to put his jersey on
This is hilarious.
Isaac is one of the rookies I'm most curious to watch develop. He is allegedly one of the few people the Mavs wanted over DSJ.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Chris has a bone bruise, it's not like it's a ligament or even a muscle.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

The 1999 Bulls had one 30+ point game the whole year (Toni Kukoc 31 points).

Niwrad posted:

How the gently caress did Arcidiacono ever make it on the court in an NBA game?

This is going to be one of those seasons where we're relying on these guys:

Ryan Arcidiacono
Pronunciation: \ar-chee-dee-ACK-uh-no\

Antonio Blakeney
Pronunciation: \blake-KNEE\

David Nwaba
Pronunciation: \NWAH-buh\

The new Bulls.

Athanatos posted:

I loving love Reggie Miller but I dont think he is one of the 50 Greatest Players of all time.

He's underrated because he never played with another great player. Guys with 22,000+ points/2P% above 50%/3P% above 33.3%:

1. LeBron James
2. Reggie Miller

Two guys out of a pool of basically 4,500.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Spacebump posted:

CP3 Harden pairing going like a better version of Nash/Kobe pairing so far.
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/921474340989947906

Demetrius Jackson starting point guard baby

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Athanatos posted:

I loving love Reggie Miller but I dont think he is one of the 50 Greatest Players of all time.

Not sure why this argument has to come up like once every 6 months or so, but yeah he is obviously one of the best players of all-time, easily one of the 50 best.

What Zogo posted.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

chunkles posted:

Demetrius Jackson starting point guard baby

I think the Rockets should go for one of the following players in this order: Jameer Nelson, Pierre Jackson, and Deron Williams.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

they've showed the highlight of Ball getting knocked on his rear end by Pat Bev so many times today and I think it's so funny

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Libertine posted:

Not sure why this argument has to come up like once every 6 months or so, but yeah he is obviously one of the best players of all-time, easily one of the 50 best.

What Zogo posted.

Zogo posted:

He's underrated because he never played with another great player. Guys with 22,000+ points/2P% above 50%/3P% above 33.3%:

1. LeBron James
2. Reggie Miller

Two guys out of a pool of basically 4,500.

Well poo poo I'm convinced. He was always number 1 in my heart, felt pretty homerish to say top 50 all time over guys like Pete Maravich, James Worthy and Bill Walton.

Now let me tell you all about 2018 MVP Paul George...

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Spacebump posted:

I think the Rockets should go for one of the following players in this order: Jameer Nelson, Pierre Jackson, and Deron Williams.

already in contact with Jameer, apparently. Which sure, why not.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

apparently he just did a PT session and had been/was being iced? i assume he's got a big ice bag on his knee, so he can't move it or it'd need to be done over again.

quote:

According to Jeff McDonald of SAEN, Kawhi had undergone rehab just before the video and might have been iced for the flight. Which would mean that bending his right knee to take a step would have resulted in having to be re-iced. So, being careful it is.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Athanatos posted:

Well poo poo I'm convinced. He was always number 1 in my heart, felt pretty homerish to say top 50 all time over guys like Pete Maravich, James Worthy and Bill Walton.

According to the best stat (winshares) Reggie Miller is either 14th or 17th best ever. (Depending on if you count ABA or not for those players) He is probably underrated here but I wouldn't call him a top 20 player personally.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Oh poo poo this is good and bad because I feel like sabonis next to turner is a great duo

Just make this the court

Athanatos posted:

Either post it here or pm me cause I'm all ears

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

G-Hawk posted:

already in contact with Jameer, apparently. Which sure, why not.

Pels are, too, and they could use him more, quite frankly.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
reggie miller was the truth and it'd be fun to see prime reggie on todays GSW

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

well, the bulls had a good run as an nba team, but they are going to have to fold after being violently mean mugged by cj miles

don't think it is possible to recover from that

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

well, the bulls had a good run as an nba team, but they are going to have to fold after being violently mean mugged by cj miles

don't think it is possible to recover from that

He’s actually CJ Kilometres now

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

fwiw i'm not too worried about paul and do think they're just being abundantly cautious, from all i've read. Which is the right move

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

G-Hawk posted:

fwiw i'm not too worried about paul and do think they're just being abundantly cautious, from all i've read. Which is the right move

No way it's totally a power play by D'antoni to tell him that he's the coach here and it doesn't work like it did on the Clippers

Mountain Dew Code Bread
Mar 20, 2008

I think it's weird that out of the opening slate of games that I've seen only Lakers/clippers and now Celtics/sixers have had both teams with color uniforms, I thought the Nike stuff was supposed to let them just choose whatever 100% of the time now.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mountain Dew Code Bread posted:

I think it's weird that out of the opening slate of games that I've seen only Lakers/clippers and now Celtics/sixers have had both teams with color uniforms, I thought the Nike stuff was supposed to let them just choose whatever 100% of the time now.

Pistons/Wizards right now is red vs blue

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

DSJ out with a left knee issue. Devin Harris might not play due to his brother getting killed on the highway. Might get rough for the Mavs tonight.
Did not expect them to be down 3 guards this early again.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 21, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Spacebump posted:

DSJ out with a left knee issue. Devin Harris might not play due to his brother getting killed on the highway. Might get rough for the Mavs tonight.
Did not expect them to be down 3 guards this early again.

Aww man we said he had bad biomechanics for his explosions but we didn't mean he'd blow out his knee this fast

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Never have faith in hyper athletic and fun PG's with bad biomechanics.

Never.

They will only cause you to cry.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dejan Bimble posted:

Dennis Smith Jr would be the bold prince and Frank Ntilikina would be the foreign price, I'll say Dennis because I can visualize him leaping into the scene and slaughtering people like good Fortinbras. He's been wronged but we don't know anything about his father.

people claim shakespeare was like the coolest most original writer ever or whatever but if he really knew how to make a good story he would have took the part where hamlet is dead and fortinbras puts on the crown and put it after the end credits

blue squares posted:

I hope this means what I think it means

the bucks on tv started looking like shaking a box of spiders back in like 2014 and they've really run with it, done great with the identity

AHHH who all remembers when LARRY SANDERS and Giannis "Why Does Everyone Keep Telling Me To Temper My Expectations He Won't Necessarily Be Great Even Though He Clearly Will Be" Antetokounmpo were on the same dang team? How the gently caress does the dude who's about to win DPOY retire at age 25 to smoke weed and skateboard I guess it's the best league

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Bobby Digital posted:

He’s actually CJ Kilometres now

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
That was a pass! Give Jojo the assist!

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Fortunately Halal Guys is opening near Lonzo Ball's Chino Hills home and he should eat a good Gyro sandwich over the crap that Subway puts out.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/CandaceDBuckner/status/921494368841818112

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Does anyone have a video of Ricky's reception on his return to Minnesota, I would very much like to see this.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hey guys

check it out

https://twitter.com/ThatKiddKuda/status/921400229500538880

lol

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/jameernelson/status/921540673911840768

hell, same

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

lol that is loving pathetic

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrzCf0_uj-Y

loving lmbo

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

thats an ok van gundy video but consider this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21cE2aUbWB0

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Ghost Dog posted:

thats an ok van gundy video but consider this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21cE2aUbWB0

that's the best dribbling video I've ever seen

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

His shooting form is impeccable. As everyone knows it's best to shoot from the left side of your head if you're right handed

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

that's the best dribbling video I've ever seen

there's a woman who says "oh!" in genuine astonishment

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Man I didn't know Morelli's crew was doing the Sixers game tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU