Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/10/20/presidential-executive-order-amending-executive-order-13223

lmao if you're still in, in inactive ready reserves, or an officer who still h as his commission things are about to get buck wild. he's gonna nuke korea there is no way he doesn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I don't think I'd make it by SRP at this point.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Holy loving lol if military retirement somehow becomes more worthwhile than the equivalent I'd have made in the civilian sector. What a time to be alive.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Smiling Jack posted:

The "no deductions for mortgage, state and local taxes" will crush me

If they get rid of those it'll kill my dad. Like literally, being forced with a 5k tax bill every April will probably give him a heart attack.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

West Virginia just became the newest state to eliminate state income tax for retired veterans.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I don't get the legal wording of that EO, like they can reactive retirees if they pay them?

Or are they litterally about to draft the IRR for Korean War II: Nuclear Boogaloo?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

psydude posted:

I don't think I'd make it by SRP at this point.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/fe64adfd-224a-4b91-a8e9-60ddf4cabbcc

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Air Force is recalling 1000 pilots is what that order's about.

LMAO he's actually going to go to war in North Korea. Oh poo poo, we're dead.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

not a loving person who voted for Trump and is still on board at this point is going to change their vote because of 401k changes

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Fix and improve recruiting, training, promotion, and retention? Nah man recall 1k

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/10/20/presidential-executive-order-amending-executive-order-13223

lmao if you're still in, in inactive ready reserves, or an officer who still h as his commission things are about to get buck wild. he's gonna nuke korea there is no way he doesn't

I drank my first beer while at home in like 9 weeks, so I'n white girl wasted and I'm gonna need some eplxantation for this

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

So, the revolution will be led by pilots who got called back after walking away from the half million reup bonus, there's one piece of the puzzle solved.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I drank my first beer while at home in like 9 weeks, so I'n white girl wasted and I'm gonna need some eplxantation for this

Military Members: "Stop Loss loving blew!"

Diaper Donnie:"LOL you don't even get to hold my beer, general order number 1 mother fuckers"

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
The only comfort to take out of this is that all 1000 of those guys probably voted for him.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

M_Gargantua posted:

I don't get the legal wording of that EO, like they can reactive retirees if they pay them?

Or are they litterally about to draft the IRR for Korean War II: Nuclear Boogaloo?

Yes, this amendment makes retirees available to be ordered to AD.
The IRR was already made available to be ordered to AD under the original EO from September 2001.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Is this limited to officers or does it include enlisted folks?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Zeroisanumber posted:

Lol get fuuuuuuucked

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I find it hilarious that being a literal fighter pilot is made so terrible and miserable in the military that they can't maintain numbers

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Casimir Radon posted:

I already decided he was beyond redemption. This is just icing on the cake.

Edit: Pro-Trump former Navy SEAL ON FOX News never actually served.

I was really hoping it would be one of their talking heads, not just some glassblower they did a story about.

Immanentized posted:

This is absolutely disgusting and allows no venue for individuals to save in a meaningful capacity in anyway. They must know what's going on. Even with "the magic of compound interest" starting at 16 wouldn't get you anything to retire on.

:lol: You think any meaningful percentage of this country is actually able to save.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 20, 2017

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Is this limited to officers or does it include enlisted folks?

"Members," so enlisted too.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

joat mon posted:

"Members," so enlisted too.

Thanks,wasn't entirely sure how to interpret the wording.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Retardog posted:

West Virginia just became the newest state to eliminate state income tax for retired veterans.

This is an entitlement just like mortgage and state tax deductions as well as capital gains, healthcare and unemployment.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Dude, if the try to bring me back in for war with Best Korea...
That poo poo will be funny. I just got retired two years ago.

pick up the pace
Dec 7, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

gently caress you if you think you're out

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

Zeroisanumber posted:

I'm sure there are ways to blow a flight physical...

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Immanentized posted:

Kinda like your employer moving your savings into an unverified 401k and expecting employees to pick up the tax cost.
Right, Fauxton?

was that the letter they sent out about proposed changes or was that when they shifted everything to Empower?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If they tried to call me back to AD at any point I would 100% tell them to gently caress off consequences be damned.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
RE4 suck mah diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Please explain this like you would to a childe or a very tired and drunk person

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

was that the letter they sent out about proposed changes or was that when they shifted everything to Empower?

Yeah empower isn't recognized as a tax deferred plan and if they don't get their poo poo squared away by Nov 28th, everybody's going to be on the hook for the base and matching.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Smiling Jack posted:

The "no deductions for mortgage, state and local taxes" will crush me

Yeah this will hurt me badly.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

If they tried to call me back to AD at any point I would 100% tell them to gently caress off consequences be damned.

No silly, you let them take you then steal everything not nailed down so you're in a better position as society collapses

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
https://mobile.twitter.com/lukeoneil47/status/921500900639825921

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
A lot of people get rid of the Fed. Take the Fed out. That's a very important position. It's also important psychotically.

https://twitter.com/morningmoneyben/status/921494470906007553

With all of this tax and deduction talk, I don't think Wall Street and financial people realize how much of a chance that all of the tax cut legislation just crashes and burns. The market is pricing in tax cuts right now, but you almost always need some powerful person, usually the President, to push things like that forward.

I've already made the judgment that any tax cut I get will get plowed right into charity.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Immanentized posted:

Yeah empower isn't recognized as a tax deferred plan and if they don't get their poo poo squared away by Nov 28th, everybody's going to be on the hook for the base and matching.

Lmao

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Any tax cut I get won't account for all of the loving money that'll I'll still get taxed on if I can't contribute to a tax-deferred 401k. My family has no inter-generational wealth aside from the social and developmental benefits afforded by a middle-class upbringing in a good school system. Otherwise, I will inherit nothing of monetary value from my parents. My 401k is the only nest egg I have, unless the startup I'm working for goes public, which in today's world is about as likely as me winning the lottery.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bulletsponge13 posted:

Dude, if the try to bring me back in for war with Best Korea...
That poo poo will be funny. I just got retired two years ago.

Piss so hot it could melt adamantium?

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

I was medically retired because I had heart surgery. Will I still be recalled to attempt to mend your mangled bodies in the aftermath of Fire and Fury?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

GoGoGadget posted:

I was medically retired because I had heart surgery. Will I still be recalled to attempt to mend your mangled bodies in the aftermath of Fire and Fury?

Why wouldn't they just call it a draft at that point

Milo and POTUS posted:

Piss so hot it could melt adamantium?

I would go to the burning California weed fields and set up a tent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

GoGoGadget posted:

Can you fly a bomb sled one way?

• Locked thread