Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
I've had Twitch going for about four hours now and no drops. Logged in and linked to my account. Any idea why it isn't working?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

Kortel posted:

I've had Twitch going for about four hours now and no drops. Logged in and linked to my account. Any idea why it isn't working?

Are you watching warframe streamers who are getting achievements on the plains of eidolon?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Stangg posted:

Are you watching warframe streamers who are getting achievements on the plains of eidolon?

Bound to be, have like 30 tabs open.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Kortel posted:

Bound to be, have like 30 tabs open.

Have you checked to make sure they're all still streaming? A lot of people go offline and host other streams, so you might return to three hearthstone streams, a pubg stream, and someone yelling at league of legends.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Kortel posted:

It can take a long time to catch up. I saw nothing for ages, and then like 70+ mails when I logged in a day later.

It's mostly junk, though I guess I'll be making a Latron rifle (is that any good?) at some point, and 47K credits from selling the spare blueprints was quite useful to a cash-starved noob.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
356 unread e-mails when I logged in. God bless you, weebology, whoever you are

e: aaaand I got the Vectis Prime :woop:

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 20, 2017

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Twitch streaming event info:

1. Link your Twitch account to your Warframe Account. If it works, you'll get a Syandana. No Syandana? Something's wrong, try relogging.

2. You get loot drops for watching people earn achievements. Any achievements, not just the ones from PoE.

3. It doesn't matter how long you watch a stream, if they aren't earning achievements you won't get anything.

4. Avoid veterans who already have everything unlocked, watch newbies.

5. Some streamers have made new accounts for this events, some crazy streamers like weebology and swisscheesy_ez are making new accounts every half hour and speedrunning the first few levels.

6. You can open as many streams as your computer can handle, and you'll get rewards for any of them that meet the above criteria. Turn stream quality as low and it will go and make sure to hit mute.

7. If you open a stream in a background tab, IT WILL NOT LOAD THE STREAM until you look at it at least once. Once it has finished buffering, you can switch to another tab or minimize it.

8. Most of the loot drops are poo poo, but you can sell Latron blueprints for 2500c a pop and you'll have hundreds of them by the time this is over.

9. Rare loot includes a black/white/grey color pallette, a skin for Frost, a potato'd Vectis Prime sniper rifle (with a free weapon slot), a Wyrm Sentinel (with 2 free sentinel slots), a Forma blueprint, and 3 Day Affinity Boosters. You can get multiple copies of things, so you'll have weeks worth of boosters and never have to buy another sentinel slot ever again.

10. You don't need to be logged into the game, so you can leave streams running at work or overnight, but don't expect every streamer to keep playing for 8 hours straight. Foreign streamers are your best bet at night.

11. The glyphs are decorations for the inside of your ship. You will end up with dozens of them, so get creative.

12. I probably forgot something important.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
13. The fireworks are a letdown.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

New hotfix just went in

quote:

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.0.8

General Plains of Eidolon Changes

Added the option to redeem Brilliant Eidolon Shards for 25,000 focus each. Redeem for the school of your choice in the appropriate skill tree!
Made the Resource Theft bounty objective count as a success when the defense timer finishes, as a workaround for the armoured vault not opening. (still working on a proper fix!)
Made the “abandoning mission” trigger more aware of verticality - hopefully fewer fails when flying in from high above the objective!
Fixes

Fixed Convergence orbs spawning in the air.
Fixed Unairu’s Magnetic Blast not dissipating on enemy death.
Fixed Unairu’s Void Shadow description to be more accurate.
Fixed an issue where using Transference would deactivate invisibility powers
Fixed a progression stopper with the Kin rankup requirements in Cetus.
Fixed an exploit allowing use of baits you don’t own.
Fixed an exploit for rapidly gaining affinity on Amps.
Fixed an issue where Blazing Chakram could escape the boundaries of the Plains.
Fixed amp affinity gain not properly appearing in the mission progress screen or Liset mission results screen.
Fixed a soft lock caused by equipping a Virtuos Arcane on an Amp.
Fixed hitches when equipping an Amp.
Fixed hitches when equipping a new modular weapon (Zaw) in the arsenal.
Fixed a placeholder tag that appeared when using the Volnus.
Fixed the Viper Wraith not being tradeable.
Fixed host avatars appearing invisible to clients when using the simulacrum arsenal.
Fixed Gladiator Resolve appearing in two different bounty reward tables.
Further fixes to masks regarding hair and textures.
Various crash fixes.
Changes

Altered Zenurik’s Energizing Dash bubble to look less like Sapping Osprey mines.

EDIT: One more thing!

Partially fixed Lephantis' head not opening on some occasions. The issue hasn't been resolved completely, but there should be significantly fewer progression stoppers!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

have people gotten much playtime with the build-a-shank stuff from hok's anvil? how interesting/useful is it?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

have people gotten much playtime with the build-a-shank stuff from hok's anvil? how interesting/useful is it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaoEDK-Ea7U

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

gently caress

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
So far, I've built a staff and dagger from the first tier, as well as a spear using second tier components. They're perfectly serviceable weapons and the staff and dagger were actually really good feeling and I may have to build them again and gild them once I hit Trusted. The spear feels a little slow, but the newest Pole-Arm stance suits it perfectly.

All that said though, resource and time costs are pretty obscene and could do with being trimmed back a bit.

Also Gara actually feels really good. As far as durability goes, she was pretty glass initially (:rimshot:), but she's actually pretty versatile.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 21, 2017

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I feel like a spoiled ninja elf child with these primes and still eyeing all the other stuff. Also, Weebology is mad and he is making me into a fireworks factory.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I've been slowly soloing quest stuff that I missed over the last few years of not playing (second dream holy poo poo) and I'm still feeling completely overwhelmed. I have a smattering of random stuff on planets unlocked, but most of the junctions are still locked (some seem really annoying too). I haven't even been to the plains at all. What's a good thing for a returning player to focus on? I've got a handful of mastered frames and weapons and a fair number of decent mods. I don't have any standings with any of the factions and I just unlocked the lens thing.

Like, what's the generic thing people do to get stuff nowadays? I don't remember what they were, but there were a handful of missions back in the day that people ran a lot for keys and such.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Dely Apple posted:

I feel like a spoiled ninja elf child with these primes and still eyeing all the other stuff

You picked up the new Baro accessories too, eh?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

very spooky

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
How long does this stream poo poo last? Saw a streamer saying tonight is the last night.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

How long does this stream poo poo last? Saw a streamer saying tonight is the last night.
Wasn't it two weeks from PoE dropping?

e: yup. Should run to/through the 26th.

warframe.com posted:

When the Plains of Eidolon launches, so will our first ever Twitch Drops event – The Great Eidolon Hunt! For two weeks after its release, viewers will be rewarded for watching their favorite broadcasters streaming Warframe.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
https://go.twitch.tv/weebology is back

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Do I need to actually be following him to get the drops or just be "watching"?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Just watching.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ohhhh, man its kind of fun watching someone do all the low level poo poo.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
The drops don't seem to be too good. Mostly just starbursts, latron blueprints, and the rare sentinel hunhow mask.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Plus tons of nitain, forma blueprints, possible smoke color pallette and a goodly amount of affinity boosters if you leave it up overnight.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Archonex posted:

The drops don't seem to be too good. Mostly just starbursts, latron blueprints, and the rare sentinel hunhow mask.

I've gotten:

1006 Starbursts
250+ Latron Blueprints
145 Grand Finales
112 Glyphs
~50 Forma Blueprints
40+ Nitian Extracts
10+ Hunhow masks
10+ Smoke palettes
8x 3 Day Affinity Boosters
6+ Teralyst sigils
4 Wyrms
3 Vectis Primes
0 Frost harka Skins

and an unknown number of Neurodes and Orokin Cells (it's a lot)

edit: I got 10 more drops while typing this up.

Avulsion fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Oct 21, 2017

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"
Yeah, I'm loving the free Nitain.

Can you sell the fireworks and other poo poo maybe?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

NORTH-HALL posted:

Yeah, I'm loving the free Nitain.

Can you sell the fireworks and other poo poo maybe?

I've made over half a million credits selling Latron blueprints, which is good money for a newbie.

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"
Haha yeah I've got a stack of 40 or something to turn in, I just dunno if the rest has any worth.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I've gotten no affinity boosters and its pissing me off.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Nalesh posted:

I've gotten no affinity boosters and its pissing me off.

:shrug: I've gotten 12 days worth from weebology. The latron blueprints are what I really like, they're a great cash source until I finally make it to the Index.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

DO NOT TRADE SHARDS AT MAROO'S BAZAAR YOU WILL BE BANNED

tho i do wonder if when the bans are inevitably reversed you get to keep the endo...?

Terbulus fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Oct 21, 2017

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I wish I could make a neat cabin out of all the latrons I got lol.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Reading through all the focus changes it looks like a horrible amount of grind. Basically just use what I have in Zenurik to level up the energy Regen and ignore everything else again?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

It was already a horrible grind so not much has changed there aside from there just being more of it. They increased the daily cap at least.

I actually like most of the mechanical changes. Much of it can easily be ignored if you don't care for it, but play with it and come to your own conclusions.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Building an Amp counts as a Zaw for the achievement.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Reading through all the focus changes it looks like a horrible amount of grind. Basically just use what I have in Zenurik to level up the energy Regen and ignore everything else again?

I can't recommend that. It's what I did and it turns out to have been a horrible use of focus. If all you want out of focus is energy for your frame, energizing dash may be better, but ultimately we're in a new energy economy.

And yeah it's a terrifying amount of grind.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
Was planning on starting over on the PS4 so I can play with my brother, but I've already claimed all the twitch prime loot on my PC account. I tried linking to the PS4 account and reclaiming, but didn't work(figured that it would not). Can I create a new twitch account and pay for a month of prime to get all the prime loot on my new PS4 account? That would be a huge help in starting the game.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

HotBobaloo posted:

Was planning on starting over on the PS4 so I can play with my brother, but I've already claimed all the twitch prime loot on my PC account. I tried linking to the PS4 account and reclaiming, but didn't work(figured that it would not). Can I create a new twitch account and pay for a month of prime to get all the prime loot on my new PS4 account? That would be a huge help in starting the game.

You're gonna need a new email address I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I still don't know what I'm doing but waking up to like 200 messages containing stuff is kind of great so thanks thread for recommending the twitch thing.

e: no boosters though

Damn Dirty Ape fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Oct 21, 2017