Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

That doofy smile at the end is the smile of an addict.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I think at this point in Destiny 1 we were all grinding vog hoping for boots :unsmith:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Waffle House posted:

If you were an MTG card which color would you be

whats an mtg?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Destiny 2 Stream has crashed, lol

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

BlindSite posted:

This time last week I had 3 pages of friends online. Today I have 4 total.

Ausgoons is kill, Pvp is kill ???...Profit

But seriously bro this game is done and dusted unless the DLC coming up at the end of the year is made of magical fukboi fairy dust and I doubt that very much. Bungie have literally made a less engaging endgame than D1. How that is even possible is beyond what science and faith can explain.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I recently had a Sandwasp auto rifle drop and it is a lot of fun in crucible.

High rate of fire, high caliber rounds, looks pretty rad....a good gun.

Miggles
Dec 8, 2003

Meh.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I forgot about the stream and just connected, was there anything of importance in the first 20 minutes?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Killer_Bees! posted:

But seriously bro this game is done and dusted unless the DLC coming up at the end of the year is made of magical fukboi fairy dust and I doubt that very much. Bungie have literally made a less engaging endgame than D1. How that is even possible is beyond what science and faith can explain.

Seems that way, shame really.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

haveblue posted:

I forgot about the stream and just connected, was there anything of importance in the first 20 minutes?

They learned that the IB loot drop system sucks and will let you buy gear with tokens and legendary shards. also ornaments will be earned by completing objectives.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

haveblue posted:

Stuff about the Dawning and Season 2 IB (not the next IB, but after that)

Basically new IB weapons with better designs, you will be able to direct purchase stuff with tokens and shards, ornament slots you fill by completing challenges. They will do stuff like this for Trials too. They will be changing stuff up every season.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

hiddenriverninja posted:

They learned that the IB loot drop system sucks and will let you buy gear with tokens and legendary shards. also ornaments will be earned by completing objectives.

Note: they specified guns and said nothing about armor. In regard to direct purchasing I mean.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

DrNutt posted:

Note: they specified guns and said nothing about armor. In regard to direct purchasing I mean.

It would be really dumb if it were just one and not the other, but :bungie:

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

BlindSite posted:

Seems that way, shame really.

It is man, D1 ausgoons community was the best fun I have online shooting things since wow vanilla days. We made that half finished game worthwhile with our antics but now even our cheeky banter can’t prop up this barren wasteland of bad game development. I can only imagine the core of the dev team is so clique based and insular that it is just a massive circle jerk and feedback loop of activision meddling piled on top. Anyone who spoke up about the flawed “vision” of this game would have been exiled pretty quick, and from what we know about other AAA disasters this is almost always the case.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The main takeaway is that the Live team is taking over and they will be doing more frequent updates now, updating a bunch of stuff each season, and little updates in between.

Also they said the "earn ornaments by challanges" will apply to stuff like Faction armor, and apparently PVE challenges as well?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Bright Engrams are getting refreshed every season, all new stuff like actual new designs for ships and such, not just reskins. Totally new body styles for ghost shells, new emotes etc. Stuff from old engrams goes away forever, apparently, except for shaders.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Cool so I'm assuming we would get a seasonal upgrade to vault space? Just spitballing here, copyright 2017 Rasheed if you steal this DeeJ

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Cool so I'm assuming we would get a seasonal upgrade to vault space? Just spitballing here, copyright 2017 Rasheed if you steal this DeeJ

If they add all this poo poo into the game (remembering that Season 2 will drop with a full DLC with its own loving gear) and don’t increase vault space they are loving criminals

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Destiny 2 is the first early access game ive ever bought

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Season 2 stuff looks good. I'll stick with it

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Destiny 2 is the first early access game ive ever bought
Didn't you play Destiny 1?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Black guy tappy head - Can't complain you've earned all the gear, if you can't store all the gear

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Killer_Bees! posted:

And yet destiny tracker shows that of the 5.6 million accounts they track, 1.6 million logged in yesterday. Seems healthy for a game no longer in launch rush to me.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I mean the games kind of designed just to have you log in a couple times a week unless there's an event actively going

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Roman posted:

Destiny 1 was "release" circa TTK

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I for one am very excited to play stickless hockey with my feet

bushwookie19
Apr 2, 2015

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I for one am very excited to play stickless hockey with my feet

You always play stickless

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Norns posted:

I mean the games kind of designed just to have you log in a couple times a week unless there's an event actively going

You're doing it wrong!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

hiddenriverninja posted:

It would be really dumb if it were just one and not the other, but :bungie:

It would, which is why I am totally expecting it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Some ok info but we're not going to really know what the future game will look like until the November twitch streams. The Crucible lead guy is going to be on the Crucible Radio podcast soon.

Here's a decent summary of the Twitchcon stream with some screenshots
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/77q1de/destiny_live_twitch_reveal_seasons/

Roman fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Oct 21, 2017

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Roman posted:

Nope lol

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I bet bungie resets token at the end of each "season"

Thats the most bungie thing they could possibly do

Bonus points of they reset weapon parts and shards too

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

CheeseFactory posted:

you shut the gently caress up before they see this

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

CheeseFactory posted:

nah they'll just introduce several all new currencies each dlc pack, until it's a morass of obsolete systems and coinage, until they eventually somewhat condense things down or otherwise minimize the otherwise useless poo poo

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

CheeseFactory posted:

I'll go with a 10:1 turn-in (maybe 100:1 if poopsocking's more common than expected)

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Roman posted:

Here's a decent summary of the Twitchcon stream with some screenshots
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/77q1de/destiny_live_twitch_reveal_seasons/

This was worth going to reddit for. Reads good, looks good. Based Live Team, it is going to be drat good to have ya back.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
"Torch has been passed from team who made Destiny 2 to the team that is maintaining it aka the Live Team"

Meats back on the menu boys

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Literally

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

tqilamknbrd posted:

"Torch has been passed from team who made Destiny 2 to the team that is maintaining it aka the Live Team"

Meats back on the menu boys

I just went 6 to mids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Watch Destiny 3 come out in three years and go back to 4v4 and stories leak out that the dev team had no idea the live team put 6v6 back in for D2.