Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
*Takes Podium*

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury. I present my case:

You guys to me are like a community. From all walks of life. I've laughed and cried in TFF. The ups and the downs of life.

I've learned some pretty awesome poo poo on here: From Ehuds awesome dogs and crazy old co worker, to Adolfs legal advice, to Mel and Fizz gains routine, to Leperfish being an encyclopedia, to Spokan teaching me about the west coast, intruder making me love the Astros, and Kallis immense knowledge of Football.

To all of you, great people and the journey of our lives goes on.

So, if you can vote yes that would be cool. If not no hard feelings.

Thank you for you're time and have a beautiful evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

A Man and his dog posted:

*Takes Podium*

I vote eat a dick.

Get lost.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Vote? Wtf

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

*Takes Podium*

You guys to me are like a community. From all walks of life. I've laughed and cried in TFF. The ups and the downs of life.

I've learned some pretty awesome poo poo on here: From Ehuds awesome dogs and crazy old co worker, to Adolfs legal advice, to Mel and Fizz gains routine, to Leperfish being an encyclopedia, to Spokan teaching me about the west coast, intruder making me love the Astros, and Kallis immense knowledge of Football.

post the fuckin burrito

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

*Takes Podium*

Lol this guy thinks I'm cool and great.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
*Adolf, in extremely James Earl Jones voice* Don't rape, guys.

"Ehhh... maybe the opposite reading is true?", thinks RG3.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chichevache posted:

*Adolf, in extremely James Earl Jones voice* Don't rape, guys.

"Now that's my struggle", thinks RG3.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Thank you for you're time

Yeah so, this post is all about what you get from the thread. And you can get all this from just reading the thread. What I don't see at all is anything about what you contribute, nor anything about acknowledging or correcting the behavior that evidently got you thrown out to begin with. I also don't see any sort of apology.

On all of those bases, you fail.

however

I don't give a gently caress who can post in this thread. I've never used an ignore feature and I never will. If your posts are so terrible that the other people, perhaps weak of heart or constitution can't stand to look at or scroll past them, there's an ignore feature. And if you break the rules, there's a report feature and a mod who has demonstrated a capability to fix things.

Most importantly, despite being a frequent poster, I have no ownership here. I'm a relative newcomer, but even if I'd been around since day one, I would not feel comfortable banning you. That's not my role. I cannot vote you to be banned.

Neither, though, is it my role to give you validation, or approval, or to take blame in the future should you be permitted to resume posting, and squander that privilege as I suspect you are very likely to.

In the immortal words of Cain, I am not my brother's keeper. I hereby formally abstain. Hail Satan.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Weak as gently caress imo

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I'm not one of the jurors, but I don't mind RG3 posting here. He's better than Yug.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://youtu.be/cGo5rXUAH2o

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Chichevache posted:

I'm not one of the jurors, but I don't mind RG3 posting here. He's better than Yug.

A bar so low it's indistinguishable from the floor

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I'd rather furries and juggalos post instead of you. At least then it'd be entertaining

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chichevache posted:

Yug is a online (ironic?) Nazi, but as far as I know not a real life rapist, so tough call.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

How the gently caress do you eat 3 bans and 31! Probations in only 3 years? Go outside or something drat son

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Black Sunshine posted:

How the gently caress do you eat 3 bans and 31! Probations in only 3 years? Go outside or something drat son

RG3 isn’t known for taking the word “no” as an answer.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I saw the Whose Line comedy troupe today. Greg Proops is funny as hell uncensored, Ryan Stiles made a bunch of Washington state jokes (including one about Russell Wilson on pace to get the most sacks in a season), Jeff Davis is a drat good singer, and apparently Bill Murray has a brother that does improv.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Good morning it’s 5 am and I’m in a smelly Uber on the way to the airport.

Actually it’s a Lyft, and Uber was $50 meanwhile a Lyft was $30. Uber had a “surge due to high demand”

At 430 in the am on a Saturday.

Anyway I’ll be on the beach in 10 hours so who gives a fuuuuuuuuuck

Also that apology or whatever that was was weak as gently caress imo. Major E/N.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Update at the bar at the airport with a beer at 5:50am

I’m not sure this is what they meant by it being 5 o’clock somewhere

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Update 2: some old dude just rolled up to the bar with a “meet me at the bar” T-shirt with the sleeves torn off.

I love the midwest these people are hilarious

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Update 3: new guy shows up, bartender asks how he’s doing his response is that with the help of the Lord he’s doing okay. (Just okay?)

He then turns to the couple next to him and the following conversation happens:

Dude: “Do you fine people have any kids?”
Couple: “Yes we have two kids”
D: “Did they come out head first?”

At this point the 6 or so people at the bar start paying attention.

C: “....uhhhh”
D: “Because if they didn’t come out head first they were probably C-section. So were they head first?”
C: “....uhhhhh”
D: “.......”
C: “yes.....they came out head first I guess”
D: “well that’s the Lords blessing isn’t it? Y’all have a great day”

Walks away, everyone is confused as hell.

I love the airport at 6am.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

Well there's a bunch of them and they're in archives in the LP forum, and he tends to do wargames from a lot of different historical eras.
Lemme see, uh...

The current War in the Pacific: Day by Day thread. This one is playing out the entire pacific theater of WWII, one in-game day per real day, from the Japanese side. As a successor to the epic War in the Pacific thread that successfully completed the entire war from the Allied side.
Crown of Glory is europe in 1792
Silent Hunter 4 is submarines in the pacific theater in WWII
Here's a civil war one with AEOGD, which I guess was the later Forge of Freedom thread with goons vs. goons roleplaying. I suspect this is old enough that a lot of the images are waffleimaged. There's links in there to the individual North and South threads.

The threads I was thinking of included his original Forge of Freedom thread, but I'm having trouble finding it. The LP Archive only has war in the pacific, war in the east, and jutland.

I read the civil war thread with AEOGD last night and it was really interesting. Has he done any other multiplayer ones? I wish he had set some house rules so that it wasn't so one-sided. I really thought the CSA invasion of Ohio was going to work and cause the Union to panic.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Lifting goons. I'm starting to go back to the gym and need a starting point. Can anyone recommend a good starting back workout?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

axeil posted:

I read the civil war thread with AEOGD last night and it was really interesting. Has he done any other multiplayer ones? I wish he had set some house rules so that it wasn't so one-sided. I really thought the CSA invasion of Ohio was going to work and cause the Union to panic.

It's been a while and I haven't read most of his other LPs, but I liked the Silent Hunter thread if it's the same one I'm thinking of. Not multiplayer as far as I know though other than one of those LP goon participation things.

Then again subs kind of fascinate me so ymmv if they aren't your thing.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Update 3: new guy shows up, bartender asks how he’s doing his response is that with the help of the Lord he’s doing okay. (Just okay?)

He then turns to the couple next to him and the following conversation happens:

Dude: “Do you fine people have any kids?”
Couple: “Yes we have two kids”
D: “Did they come out head first?”

At this point the 6 or so people at the bar start paying attention.

C: “....uhhhh”
D: “Because if they didn’t come out head first they were probably C-section. So were they head first?”
C: “....uhhhhh”
D: “.......”
C: “yes.....they came out head first I guess”
D: “well that’s the Lords blessing isn’t it? Y’all have a great day”

Walks away, everyone is confused as hell.

I love the airport at 6am.

lol

Where are you going

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

CyberPingu posted:

Lifting goons. I'm starting to go back to the gym and need a starting point. Can anyone recommend a good starting back workout?

Lie down on a bench and use your muscles to hold your phone in the air above your head and gently caress around. 5 sets, 10 minute reps, during the 2 minute breaks you can sit up but don't leave the bench.

Next, key part of all fitness routines, grab some free weights and make your way into a squat rack. Now put the safety bars about knee height, then lie across them sideways so one is on the back of your calves and the other is across your shoulders (may vary depending on how tall you are) and plank looking at the ceiling, phone above you. this is harder so only 2 minute sets but feel free to take about 10 minutes in between each of them and do curls with the free weights so you don't get bored.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Phobeste posted:

Lie down on a bench and use your muscles to hold your phone in the air above your head and gently caress around. 5 sets, 10 minute reps, during the 2 minute breaks you can sit up but don't leave the bench.

Next, key part of all fitness routines, grab some free weights and make your way into a squat rack. Now put the safety bars about knee height, then lie across them sideways so one is on the back of your calves and the other is across your shoulders (may vary depending on how tall you are) and plank looking at the ceiling, phone above you. this is harder so only 2 minute sets but feel free to take about 10 minutes in between each of them and do curls with the free weights so you don't get bored.

Ive seen this routine a lot...

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

JPrime posted:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

lol

Where are you going

Flying into Atlanta then driving with my brother down to St George Island. Gonna sit on the beach and not give a gently caress about anything for 8 days

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

CyberPingu posted:

Ive seen this routine a lot...

It’s popular because it gets results

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

CyberPingu posted:

Back day is usually bent over barbell rows, 4 sets (12-15 reps), cable pull downs, 4 sets, seated cable rows, 4 sets, db rows, 4 sets, 4 sets of barbell shrugs, finish off with reverse cross cables to failure.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Back day is usually bent over barbell rows, 4 sets (12-15 reps), cable pull downs, 4 sets, seated cable rows, 4 sets, db rows, 4 sets, 4 sets of barbell shrugs, finish off with reverse cross cables to failure.

poo poo sorry when I meant "starting back". I meant good for me starting to go back to the gym.

Will use that set for doing back stuff though.

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

Late on civil war chat but the most interesting thing to me is the military leaders from various European countries who came over to observe the war.

Here's a country that's less than a century old, fighting itself, and countries like Britain and France are checking in to see how they wage war and what it could mean for future conflicts.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

poo poo sorry when I meant "starting back". I meant good for me starting to go back to the gym.

Will use that set for doing back stuff though.

D'oh. Sorry lol

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Would you guys agree that Hellboy is a really entertaining movie

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Yeah and I'm really excited for the new Del Toro movie

It looks so beautiful

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Yeah. I like the 2nd one too

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Hellboy and Pan's Labryinth are okay but it took over a decade for a movie to visually captivate me the way Hellboy 2 did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Hellboy and Pan's Labryinth are okay but it took over a decade for a movie to visually captivate me the way Hellboy 2 did.

Pan's Labryinth is one of my least favorite movies. Nothing good happens to the protagonist despite his best efforts and then he dies.

• Locked thread