Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It'd actually be cool as heck if they could actually embrace the fact they fancy each other, start dating and carry on with the plot while in a relationship instead of it being some stupid sort of forbidden love which is forbidden because ??????????????

That would curse the manga to hiatus, look at Silver Spoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If that meant Horikoshi's health improved, all the more reason to.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

It'd actually be cool as heck if they could actually embrace the fact they fancy each other, start dating and carry on with the plot while in a relationship instead of it being some stupid sort of forbidden love which is forbidden because ??????????????

Silly Billy, you should know that anime/manga only depict up to the confession.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I know that, I'd just like to see more series take the bull by the horns.

I'm sure the shipping audience is a significant factor in not actually pulling the trigger though

e: i have bad typing today

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Because Deku has better options.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

deku can date the other boys

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Shonen characters can never gently caress, or have a relationship that meets the same narrative meaning, lest they become unrelatable

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Uraraka's justification for not going for it was something about wanting to be her own hero and needing to stop obsessing over the idea of Deku to do so or some stupid poo poo like that, right? Deku's justification is that he's a dork.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I'm pretty sure Deku has no idea Uraraka was pinning over him and doesn't have any room in his heart for anyone who isn't all might

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Shonen characters can never gently caress, or have a relationship that meets the same narrative meaning, lest they become unrelatable

:iceburn:

Also i thought Uraraka was just trying to focus on becoming a hero and didn't want to be distracted by it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dias posted:

Uraraka's justification for not going for it was something about wanting to be her own hero and needing to stop obsessing over the idea of Deku to do so or some stupid poo poo like that, right? Deku's justification is that he's a dork.

She also views it as an unnecessary distraction.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

More shonens should follow the dragon ball route and just have characters get straight up married

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
This convo reminded me of Shaman King, which actually buckles the trend twice since Anna shows up, already declares herself as Yoh's fiancee and right after the end of the first arc they sleep together.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Uraraka can't let herself fall in love with Deku because she's the trait*is fallen upon and torn apart by goons*

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Mirage posted:

Uraraka can't let herself fall in love with Deku because she's the trait*is fallen upon and torn apart by goons*

Hah, that would actually work.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Andrast posted:

More shonens should follow the dragon ball route and just have characters get straight up married

Dragon ball is such an interesting case because the main character is married and has multiple children but also doesn’t seem to know what sex is.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Is Horikoshi dating anyone? Maybe he secretly has no relationship experience to draw upon as a writer.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

If Goku can be a grandfather, then Deku can date a girl in super high school.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
pretend I quoted the ending of Tatami Galaxy where he says there's nothing less interesting than a story of successful romance

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Vengarr posted:

Hope Kohei takes a vacation after this, the idea of this arc is great but the execution is definitely slipping. This chapter had better art/shading than the last twenty or so.

I mean, Deku is getting Back to the Future'd out of existence while simultaneously fighting a monster with a kid on his back. That's a seriously metal setup for a fight, but all anyone is taking away from it is "O MY REWIND QUIRK".

it's because time powers are almost inherently bad and dumb

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elfgames posted:

it's because time powers are almost inherently bad and dumb

Counterpoint: jojo

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
E: goddamn I should read posts after the one I quote

Also uh yeah Deku and Uraraka's thing at least has a leg up on other shonen relationships in being mutual (if unsaid)

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Oct 21, 2017

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I don't know if the fujos could handle Midoriya officially turning out straight.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Real talk, I'd be 100% down for a school dance arc that put the focus on Deku and Uraraka's relationship

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Fabricated posted:

I don't know if the fujos could handle Midoriya officially turning out straight.

it's okay, because both todoroki and bakugo have better ships than with deku

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The only straight character in MHA is Jirou's mom

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Scrap Dragon posted:

Real talk, I'd be 100% down for a school dance arc that put the focus on Deku and Uraraka's relationship
Unfortunately Japanese schools don't do prom or anything really like it. There's festivals, but given the sports festival I'd be terrified of what the cultural festival might turn out to be if I was a student at UA.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Scrap Dragon posted:

The arc ends with Ashido getting everyone to break dance.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

as a huge fan of the school side of this series, i was just hoping for a culture festival arc to follow this one. no idea what it would be though, other than Mei forcing her latest creations on passersby.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Countblanc posted:

pretend I quoted the ending of Tatami Galaxy where he says there's nothing less interesting than a story of successful romance

Ore Monogatori!! provides a very strong argument to the contrary!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Mirage posted:

Oh man i kinda want it to happen now.

Scrap Dragon posted:

One that reveals her as the traitor.
:getin:

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Andrast posted:

+1 for best manga toriko

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Evil Uraraka could probably do some pretty bad things to people with her powers.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Rhonne posted:

Evil Uraraka could probably do some pretty bad things to people with her powers.

Just push them off into space.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

Just push them off into space.

Turn their gravity back on just before they reach space and watch them go splat.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Could Uraraka just touch the earth and make it weightless and make it have no gravitational pull and so people just get slung off.

The most deadly power.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

overhaul turning into a resident evil boss is dumb

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Hihohe posted:

Could Uraraka just touch the earth and make it weightless and make it have no gravitational pull and so people just get slung off.

The most deadly power.

Given her powers weakness I'm gonna imagine that even trying would cause her to basically turn inside out

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dias posted:

This convo reminded me of Shaman King, which actually buckles the trend twice since Anna shows up, already declares herself as Yoh's fiancee and right after the end of the first arc they sleep together.

shame about everything else ESPECIALLY THE LAST ARC tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Hihohe posted:

The most deadly power.

She already did and now the Earth is just floating there in space.