Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Pook Good Mook posted:

On the other hand, let's see where this goes.

Sustained.

He might not be that intoxicated though because he was incoherent and why would you come into this sad thread when you're that drunk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Post the email sales are down so now toona sales can go up up UP

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Uh judge can I be heard on this issue?

My concern is not for toona's immediate predicament, which is objectively hilarious, but for his long-term existence. I don't want him to die before he impregnates multiple women at the same time.

Also, imagine being a 3L with a job and still doing mock trial.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

My concern is not for toona's immediate predicament, which is objectively hilarious, but for his long-term existence. I don't want him to die before he impregnates multiple women at the same time.

You could slip him Antabuse in his food though that ends with him throwing up everywhere ipecac style.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Its like trying to stop a fireworks display from the next hill over. Even if you could get close enough to do something, you'd only accomplish getting yourself burned.

Might as well lean back and enjoy the show.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Toona the Cat posted:

Hey law threes. I am hella drink with my Trial partner and Jesus I need to stop pitot if myself in these situations but seriously why do mock trial if joy to travel and get drunk with people.

terrorist ambulance posted:

LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I thought short arms were good for benching :smith:

HiddenReplaced posted:

Fan-loving-tastic. The greatest. I actually legit enjoy my job.

Seems to be the consensus. My wife is in-house, and it beats the poo poo out of being a corporate associate.

We've had really high attrition in my practice group, but everyone has left to go in-house. The system works.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zo posted:

how his day actually goes down: wake up in a stupor at 4pm on a wednesday after a week long binge of divinity original sin 2, notice on his calendar to that friday is the end of quarter deadline, fire off two dozen template 101 rejections and mortgage another dozen incomplete actions, then receive a big fat bonus for it all

i've been working 11 hour days between 6:30 am and 11:30 pm for the past few months

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

i've been working 11 hour days between 6:30 am and 11:30 pm for the past few months

you're not doing this government teat sucking thing correctly at all!!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zo posted:

you're not doing this government teat sucking thing correctly at all!!

i'm on pace to make like $180k this year and i work in my underwear

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Wow. And in addition to this cam thing you also have time to work for the government? A true multi-talent

E: I mean with camwhoring at least you have some dignity

Nice piece of fish fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Oct 20, 2017

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Not worth it.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

nm posted:

Not worth it.

cant do much else with toddlers

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

cant do much else with toddlers
Every person I know with kids seems to be the biggest argument against having kids.

I just got approved for taking the month of July 2018 off. Gonna go ride a bike around somewhere. Government law ya'll.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I might do that too next year but go visit friends in Tenerife or something

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Any other ninth circuit crim people here? How are your courts dealing with Sanchez-Gomez?

HiddenReplaced
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah...
it's wanking time.

nm posted:

Every person I know with kids seems to be the biggest argument against having kids.

Haha, yeah, kids ruin life as you know it.

On a related note, congrats to [REDACTED] on the new baby!

HiddenReplaced fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Oct 20, 2017

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
My office is seriously considering purchasing a chainsaw with the sole purpose of there being a chainsaw in the office.
We already have a baseball bat for reasons.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Alexeythegreat posted:

My office is seriously considering purchasing a chainsaw with the sole purpose of there being a chainsaw in the office.

you haven't lived until you've chainsawed a branch over your head while standing on a stepladder that's in the bucket of the end loader tractor on wheels

chainsaws are fun is what I'm saying but it's annoying how much experience you need to use them well because they look a lot simpler than they actually are.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Alexeythegreat posted:

Is your office in the middle of a dead pine forest?
A chainsaw is a terrible defensive weapon, especially for unexpected attacks.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Alexeythegreat posted:

Reminder that this poster is Russian and lives in Russia and I definitely think a Russian law firm should have a chainsaw and a baseball bat bless up.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
I could use a chainsaw to demolish my office. I had a lousy loving day due to a client's daughter freaking the gently caress out over a plea deal I made my client take. Since I'm little miss perfect I apparently still have trouble handling it when people put my decisions and competency to question, because I've been angsting over what's really nothing for hours now. I mean it's fine, I've made no mistakes a disciplinary board would even look at (or any mistakes in that case really) but you never know when you're on the receiving end of a freakout if they are going to try and raise a massive stink over nothing just over some perceived bullshit.

I loving hate clients, particularly ungrateful ones (cause this one I actually saved from their own stupidity).

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Reminder that this poster is Russian and lives in Russia and I definitely think a Russian law firm should have a chainsaw and a baseball bat bless up.

I've done a lot of work for russian immigrant clients lately and boy. Yeah they do. Also, russians are some stoic motherfuckers, seriously, they get treated like poo poo in my country and still manage to keep their chin up through all of it.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the slav has no emotions. it's a fact

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

I did this, it was awesome, I got a two-week trip to Budapest and Vienna for free, got really drunk with some hot European law students, and got to skip three weeks of classes for it. Totally do moot court as a 3L.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

JohnCompany posted:

I did this, it was awesome, I got a two-week trip to Budapest and Vienna for free, got really drunk with some hot European law students, and got to skip three weeks of classes for it. Totally do moot court as a 3L.

Same, it was loving great and also I got to say I shook the hands of supreme court and ECHR judges.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Alexeythegreat posted:

I have your answer.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

I was hoping for the lawnmower scene in mad men

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Hell I feel like I could use a chainsaw sometimes in Texas

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

JohnCompany posted:

Ok yes go to Europe. Toona went to Detroit. He didn't get to skip 3 weeks of class.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I would die of anxiety if I missed three weeks of classes.

Newfie
Oct 8, 2013

10 years of oil boom and 20 billion dollars cash, all I got was a case of beer, a pack of smokes, and 14% unemployment.
Thanks, Danny.

JohnCompany posted:

I went to Albert with a team that could not compete because one of our teammates hosed up their part of the written submissions so badly we had a 15/100 point penalty going in. The Jessup usually comes down to a couple point spread. Met some cool Vancouver lawyers who I still talk to though :gbsmith:

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

I received a letter in the mail from famed traffic ticket attorney and thread untermensch Blarzgh today. The letter contained my drivers license, which I lost in his local courthouse. Thank you for the good deed, blarzgh.

I also received a rather detailed drawing of a penis. Very detailed actually. So detailed that it makes me wonder how much time blarzgh spent looking at penises to draw it. Blarzgh, I think you should explain your sexuality to your wife before you kid gets too old. It's ok. We love you no matter what and just want you to be happy.

Scraps will represent you in your divorce. He'll lose, because he's a lawyer with cats for hands. But that's better than hitting Cordell and Cordell.

Anyway, thanks blarzgh. Flying home last week without a drivers license was INTENSE.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Lol, I even put an exhibit sticker on it

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
post the emailspenis

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

I trashed it because it made me have feelings I'm not comfortable with.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

I trashed it because it made me have feelings I'm not comfortable with.

Ban.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
WTF, mate?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
You were mailed an artisanal dick lovingly drawn by a fellow goon and you THROW IT AWAY?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
True, I received fanart for posting overly anally about obscure law in the Scandinavian thread and immediately hung it up on my office wall. I now have to explain that poo poo to collegues and it's just the best.