Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Andrast posted:

Turning off buffs is incredibly powerful (as is having native qr3)

qr2 is good enough and I never actually seen the ai work well with buffs.

I guess I just prefer the reliability of Julia's tome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

qr2 is good enough and I never actually seen the ai work well with buffs.

I guess I just prefer the reliability of Julia's tome.

You have never had problems in the arena with horse or flier buffed blade tomes?

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Ok next question for the day. Fury 3 or TA 2 on Fae carrying green tomebreaker, and designed mainly for AA blue and green mage baiting?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Ok next question for the day. Fury 3 or TA 2 on Fae carrying green tomebreaker, and designed mainly for AA blue and green mage baiting?

In that specific case I would go for TA2 so you have HP left to tank a green mage even after taking on a buffed and merged Rein

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Andrast posted:

You have never had problems in the arena with horse or flier buffed blade tomes?

actually... no?

I haven't seen any team that didn't have a reinhardt/bowlyn that didn't get blown up by Cecilia.

Flier teams are weird because they keep moving around with reposition and swap, so I just wait until there's a green/red flier that I can bait with Xander/Camus.

okay I use a horse team too, but only when I'm doing my arena rounds. My defence team is cool normie infantry and a dancer.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

SpaceCadetBob posted:

TA all the way. Fury doesn't as much bulk to far as you think. With TA you can also do some blue lancer bait as well

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

actually... no?

I haven't seen any team that didn't have a reinhardt/bowlyn that didn't get blown up by Cecilia.

A horse team where Rein and BLyn are supported by a blade tome Leo/Cecilia and/or a dancer is way more annoying than a horse team with just those two.

Arena assault is also a thing.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Oct 21, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I haven't seen those two with any bladetomes tbh

It's usually reinhardt/bowlyn/brave!roy and brave!lucina

Of course, I'm just bouncing between 18/19 so take my thoughts with a grain of salt. (I could get higher but I'm too lazy to start doing merges)

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

the Cecilias have moved off of Gronnblade and onto Gronnraven mostly these days but before Bowlyn Rein/Leo/Cecilia+1 teams with both Leo and Cecilia having blade tomes were pretty common in my experience

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

I haven't seen those two with any bladetomes tbh

It's usually reinhardt/bowlyn/brave!roy and brave!lucina

Of course, I'm just bouncing between 18/19 so take my thoughts with a grain of salt. (I could get higher but I'm too lazy to start doing merges)

That makes sense. When you go higher you start seeing way more horrible merged whale horse emblem teams.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

the Cecilias have moved off of Gronnblade and onto Gronnraven mostly these days but before Bowlyn Rein/Leo/Cecilia+1 teams with both Leo and Cecilia having blade tomes were pretty common in my experience

I still see blade Cecilias way more on defense teams.

I’d much rather fight again TA Cecilias since they are trivial to bait with a red unit.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Andrast posted:

I’d much rather fight again TA Cecilias since they are trivial to bait with a red unit.

I definitely see more Raven Cecilias than Blade Cecilias these days, but I definitely agree with the second statement.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

they should make separate arenas with different objectives, like defend a point, survive, capture a point, defeat the lead unit, etc. Probably would give a lot of use for as of now useless units and abilities.

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

Are there any seals that are absolute no-brainers to forge/upgrade, or is it all dependent on team needs? I haven't done anything at all yet because I'm overcome with decision paralysis at the thought of wasting coins. :ohdear:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
https://serenesforest.net/2017/10/21/heroes-developer-challenge-special-maps/

has anyone tried this yet?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Andrast posted:

That makes sense. When you go higher you start seeing way more horrible merged whale horse emblem teams.

The second dev horse-emblem team has Close Counter on Cecilia! If only we could all be so grossly incandescent improvident.

Actias posted:

Are there any seals that are absolute no-brainers to forge/upgrade, or is it all dependent on team needs? I haven't done anything at all yet because I'm overcome with decision paralysis at the thought of wasting coins. :ohdear:

As a fellow new person, I've been told to wait for Tempest Trials because they'll generally rerun a single seal during it. If it doesn't have ATK+, make that one, otherwise play it by ear based on your main team (eg making SPD+ instead)

Emalde fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Oct 21, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Actias posted:

The Distant defense seal is amazing when upgraded.

Can’t really go wrong with +ATK and +SPD either.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
So i full pulled the PA banner, only 2 blues and 3 reds. Figured i need the hinatas anyway.

... 5* pity breaker cordelia (+hp -spd), 4* seliph, draug, mae, and roy.

Since i got that roy for ta3, who wants galeforce? I feel like it'd be fun on Hector. Get attacked, hit back twice. Put qp on him, so after he hits someone else, boom galeforce and he can chew through a line.

Either that or ... mulagir brave lyn? Nino isn't +spd... masked marth rarely gets enough play to justify it...
Anyone else really good with galeforce (aside from cordie and brave roy)?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Personally I wouldn’t put galeforce on anyone who isn’t a brave weapon user (or a special case like BRoy) unless I was after arena score

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
Put it on Berkut

Join me

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Andrast posted:

Hector can also easily tank and counterkill every Raven Cecilia, while he can get 1-shot from a highly merged Gronnblade version.

I'm considering diving back into colourless the next time there's a good unit on there so I can pull more Setsunas. I'll admit it's kinda tempting to try again for PA!Olivia for Distant Def, too.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
I have a pet theory that in this TT they will actually stop giving out seals all together and replace them with 20 to 30 coins instead. Alternately one slot will be a bunch of coins and the other will be a new seal that is added to the create list once the TT is over.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SpaceCadetBob posted:

I have a pet theory that in this TT they will actually stop giving out seals all together and replace them with 20 to 30 coins instead. Alternately one slot will be a bunch of coins and the other will be a new seal that is added to the create list once the TT is over.

We already know that we are getting coins from the TT. The preview picture looked like the coins will be replacing crystals as rewards.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Andrast posted:

Personally I wouldn’t put galeforce on anyone who isn’t a brave weapon user (or a special case like BRoy) unless I was after arena score
Bah. We'll see if I need another ta3 anytime soon.

LightningSquid posted:

Put it on Berkut

Join me
Didn't get berkut, was in the mountains of Montana when he was offered :(

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Well, ended up trying to get Deidre.

Got pity broken by a....+HP -SPD Brave Ike. Huh. Is that better than my current +DEF -RES?

Is Black Knight the best user of steady breath?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Tae posted:

Got pity broken by a....+HP -SPD Brave Ike. Huh. Is that better than my current +DEF -RES?

Imagine I'm cheetah showing you his Atiki.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

His poor spine.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i loving hate strike from afar, it's a trash map by a trashperson

e: gently caress this, light's blessing

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 21, 2017

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

cheetah has convinced me and now i want to use ATiki. Only one I have is +HP -Res, is that worth building?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

There are a billion great users of steady breath

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

mabels big day posted:

cheetah has convinced me and now i want to use ATiki. Only one I have is +HP -Res, is that worth building?

she'll be fine. If you do any merging you won't use her as your main one though

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
give steady breath to Lukas if you have him

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Where's my RES version of steady breath IS

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

The White Dragon posted:

i loving hate strike from afar, it's a trash map by a trashperson

e: gently caress this, light's blessing

This was the correct answer

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I finally got another dancer from the PA banner, this one a +Res -HP dagger Olivia. She seems like she might have a decent future in mage killing even with that bane so I'm pretty pleased with that.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Boy every single unit in Infernal Arvis sure can one-shot kill my entire party.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

PA Olivia is going to be an amazing unit for power leveling units in the training tower once the warrior maps are gone for good. Aside from that she isn't too great but a dancer is a dancer.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Alxprit posted:

Boy every single unit in Infernal Arvis sure can one-shot kill my entire party.

do you have any killer green melee units? they are a godsend for clearing the annoying blue cavs--the trap is thinking you can tank the green cavs because they have draw back, but they're also buff units so they'll waste their turns fortifying the blue cavalry instead of making positioning difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Does the TT start tonight?