Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Arisha is very pretty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Episode 2 was too good

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Arisha is very pretty

You ain't kiddin, pardner

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Arisha is very pretty

:agreed:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Should have gone with Zura's song. I want to hear zen idols.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/shukanchan/status/919259709214830593

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
I was at the Columbus one yesterday. It was enjoyably hype, Sweet Potato Ghost is adorable, and once I fell asleep it was just wonderfully restful because everything is pleasantly sore from hours of lightstick waving and standing nearly the entire time.

Now to wait for next summer.

emormu
Jan 16, 2012
Was at the morning NYC DV. Was a great show. No Strawberry Trapper moment this time, but everyone was hyped basically the whole time. My favorite moment of the live was the Daydream Warrior and Thrilling One-Way set though the You-Yoshiko duet song is a close second.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Jimo ai was really good, but I loathe those outfits.

Inferno Phoenix Kurosawas is where it's at. Hands down the best costumes of the whole Live, imo, though HPT Suwawa is really really cute.

The whistle :3:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
other good moments: Arisha scolding everyone for not diaho-ing with sufficient enthusiasm/at all, Rikako et al. spraying the audience down with water guns, everything else

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Manatsu wa Dare no Mono?, Kowareyasuki, and the one-two punch of Daydream Warrior+ Thrilling One Way were my favorite points. I had a mild hangover going on but I think all the excitement cured me briefly. Fairfax apparently was a better venue than DC on the audience participation factor. I'd love to try and make it for an actual live in Japan but I might have to wait for like fourth or so.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
depending on exact dates, the 3rd sounds like something I might be able to make it to

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'm still processing everything + Sunday was weirdly busy for me, but I went in not entirely knowing what to expect and had a ton of fun, even if I started getting a headache towards the end.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I'm sad that there weren't any locations near Seattle that was hosting the viewing. I think the closes one for me would have been California.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Revolver Bunker posted:

I'm sad that there weren't any locations near Seattle that was hosting the viewing. I think the closes one for me would have been California.

Worth the drive.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
drive up to Vancouver this weekend

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

emormu posted:

Was at the morning NYC DV. Was a great show. No Strawberry Trapper moment this time, but everyone was hyped basically the whole time. My favorite moment of the live was the Daydream Warrior and Thrilling One-Way set though the You-Yoshiko duet song is a close second.

Missed HAPPY PARTY TRAIN, Pops Heart, and the first years intros because I got to the second live delayed viewing late, due to playing HAPPY PARTY TRAIN on SIF on WiFi... orz

This is on top of missing the morning showing because of the subway screwing me, I got there an hour in and I wasn't going to miss that much of the concert. Shame, since it sounded like the morning screening was a lot more packed and lively than the afternoon one I wound up exchanging my ticket for and seeing...

The Sunday afternoon screening added at the last minute due to overflow demand was of course the smallest, and the theater was mostly empty for it, but even then it had a couple of guys in the front who knew all the calls and led all of us in it, but most of the people there who were up for it knew what they were doing. We had the enthusiasm and the energy, but I guess that doesn't make up for numbers. The morning showing definitely would've felt more energetic what with the larger crowd, drat you MTA!

Would've loved to run into you, with all of my LL merch that I brought with me to party with, but I guess we continue to miss each other at NYC LL events... A bunch of LL acquaintances were supposed to go to that screening as well, and I would've loved to run into them there too.

But I agree that the two shot of Daydream Warrior and Thrilling One Way was the thing that got most of the sparse crowd on their feet, as did Sunshine Pikapika Ondo, people were doing the dance in the aisles. The new Guilty Kiss song Kowareyasuki made up for lack of Strawberry Trapper, and got pretty much the same reaction from us there. Old favorites of Aozora Jumping Heart and Koi ni Naritai AQUARIUM had tons of energy and great crowd (what crowd there was at my screening) response too. Taiyou Oikakero was a great finisher, and Kimirai HAPPY END had great choreography. Though it's a shame there was no reprise of Omoi yo Hitotsu ni Nare, and redemption for Rikyako, but I guess that song is likely gone from future lineups because of what happened during that incident on the second day of First Live. Maybe at Third Live?

I wasn't familiar with the Landing Action, Yeah! songs yet, not having heard them before, but that Kurosawa sisters and You-Yoshiko duets were amazing, especially the latter one. Jimo Ai indeed. Didn't like the way those giant balls obscured the view a couple times during the Kurosawa sisters duet, those costumes were amazing to look at. There certainly was some dodgy camera and sound work at times too.

Ran into a girl I had met a couple months back at my local (for certain definitions of local, it is two blocks from my parents' new building and their apartment there, but like 2 hours by mass transit from where I live) anime store in Flushing at the screening, I didn't recognize her as I was rushing to get into the theater to catch the rest of the intros, but she jogged my memory. She even let me borrow her King Blade after I forgot to arrange a way to get my cousin's, since she had two of them, so I could get in on the light blade action there at the screening myself, and drat did my arm get a workout. Made sure to get a couple of the "signed" 2nd Live postcards with the Happy Party Train design as I went to get popcorn and a soda as a snack during one of the intermissions, and as i was leaving.

Also met the person who placed 10th in the Rock and Roll Eli Token Event in EN SIF at the screening, she was across the aisle from where I wound up dropping my stuff and sitting down during breaks from light blading in the balcony area. She was dressed as Yohane, and I grabbed a copy of the call sheet for the songs off of her, as she printed extra copies (my copy of the sheet is currently sitting in my "signed" Yohane file folder I got the last time I was at that anime store in Flushing, when I met the girl that lend me her King Blade). Friended her in SIF after the show, when she showed off how she got that ranking in the event in question as a F2P, as she was hoarding loveca like crazy for months and playing Shocking Party over 450 times or so for the tokens because it's the shortest song in the game. She had 4 copies of that Eli SR, and used seals to idolize every single one. That's some serious dedication to one's waifu.

Afterwards, I walked down to St. Mark's Place for my now customary trip to Kenka (aka Gohan-ya from the SIF movie, where Maki takes Muse to eat after Pana complains about wanting rice for dinner) after every LL concert screening. Every time I'm reminded that the actual decor there is not fitting for Jpanese high school girls, even if it is a quite cheap izakaya with decent food and cheap booze.

Last time I was there after First Live, I met a Japanese guy on a LL NYC pilgrimage, making a shot for shot Twitter log remake of scenes from the movie, and hung out with him over beers and another couple of guys who came to see the Live from Chicago as there was nothing closer apparently. Apparently, one of them were supposed to be at the morning screening I missed, though I dunno if he wound up going. His friend apparently was supposed to be going to a screening in Jersey, but apparently he was working his 4th con in 4 weekends in West Virginia instead, in a place he said reminded him of Silent Hill, fog and decor wise. Saw him working at a booth at New York Comic Con two weekends ago and even bought my first LL figure off of the booth he was working at, which was Aozora Jumping Heart Dia, and gave him some Kanan merch I got in a blind box because she's my worst girl and his best alongside Dia, so it's all good.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Oct 19, 2017

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I had friends who went to the morning Sunday showing and one of them expressed distaste over some of the EI TAIGA stuff that was going on, or whatever. Despite that one being packed, she said she might be interested in going to the Fairfax one (where me and a couple others went because we couldn't make the NYC) since it sounded way less yakkai, even though it's likely a smaller crowd. We didn't fill the theater physically but the presence there was floor to roof and wall to wall.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

graybook posted:

I had friends who went to the morning Sunday showing and one of them expressed distaste over some of the EI TAIGA stuff that was going on, or whatever. Despite that one being packed, she said she might be interested in going to the Fairfax one (where me and a couple others went because we couldn't make the NYC) since it sounded way less yakkai, even though it's likely a smaller crowd. We didn't fill the theater physically but the presence there was floor to roof and wall to wall.

I guess I can understand that, but one of the best things about these delayed viewings is the energy of the crowd, and NYC likely has one of the largest, if the need to keep adding shows proves as much. Though I can see how it could be overwhelming and crazy. Still, I wish I had made Monday morning, probably would've improved my crowd experience, though then I wouldn't have met the the people I did instead seeing others who said that they would've been at the morning one.

Wouldn't be able to go down to Fairfax for a viewing on top of paying for the ticket anyway, what with no car and a train or bus or whatever being way too expensive and take too long to get there. If I'm on Staten Island anyway, might as well go to Manhattan to have fun with the crowds at Village East and take part in the huge atmosphere of the mass of LLers and their energy. Plus tons of room to go wild with light blades.

Know a guy who lives in the middle of Jersey who travels all over the mid-Atlantic and New York for work, and he was at Fairfax on Saturday I believe before also going to NYC Sunday morning. Apparently he wanted a smaller show first with some friends in that area, then the crowds for the second. Dunno if he actually did it though. Maybe it was the Jersey show he wound up going to instead, I forget.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Oct 19, 2017

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/utanz48/status/921579317485740033

arisha so pretty

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

She was basically dying in the last niconama. So good to see her well now.

Why am I not there at T-SPOOK or whatever that is :cry:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
so good https://twitter.com/cowboybibimbop/status/921595699661127681

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Allarion posted:

Reminder that idol@calypse is tomorrow at 1pm pdt! The schedule is Lemon Angel Project, Wake Up Girls, Love Live Sunshine, and idolm@ster Side M.

https://cytu.be/r/kotori

Reminder that this is still a thing, and gonna happen in 9 hours

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

My kokoro...

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I can't believe Yohane cursed everyone with a bad qualifier spot but somehow made them not die of exhaustion when they ran back to their school

Good episode, really liked the oriental-style song they had

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Allarion posted:

Reminder that idol@calypse is tomorrow at 1pm pdt! The schedule is Lemon Angel Project, Wake Up Girls, Love Live Sunshine, and idolm@ster Side M.

https://cytu.be/r/kotori

Love live starting now if you're only interested in that

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I LOVE LIVE

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
no... not like this...

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

no... not like this...

No, Dia-san!

Also, that Kimi no Kokoro Kagayaiteru kai had me marking out hard. My Mai TONIGHT too, those costumes are great and Mari rocking out was amazing.

Dia episode next week!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
So much good and blessed Dia content.

Though I'm starting to agree with others disliking the way Yohane's kind of... stagnating? regressing? this season. Hopefully something interesting comes up with her in a few more episodes. There's time.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Dia's episode next week should be replaced with a Yohane episode tbh

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Dia's episode next week should be replaced with a Yohane episode tbh

NO. All episodes should be Dia episodes.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

All members should be Dias.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Chapter 4 of the manga!

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I feel like every episode ends with Chika making a Metal Gear Solid speech.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

kater posted:

I feel like every episode ends with Chika making a Metal Gear Solid speech.

Chika does that a lot. It's very endearing, especially when she reaches a warped conclusion from crazy Chika logic. She does it pretty often in the audio dramas. This is also a good example if you're not into listening to the audio dramas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWWpoWxKcqk

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I was watching their Nico Douga stream from the 20th and is Arisa Komiya doing okay? She seemed to be having a hard time keeping her composure. Had me worried through their whole steam. :ohdear:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Revolver Bunker posted:

I was watching their Nico Douga stream from the 20th and is Arisa Komiya doing okay? She seemed to be having a hard time keeping her composure. Had me worried through their whole steam. :ohdear:

If I'm not mistaken she was having a cold during the stream but seemed to be way better at TSPOOK the next day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
I loved the Yohane-Ruby-Hanamaru interactions this episode, almost as much as I loved the songs.