Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

In Training posted:

This whole year they had one Nintendo major release per month on the switch so I wouldn't be surprised if they have some year end direct about 2018's plans. But even if you buy a Switch right now it has more interesting exclusives than 3 years of PS4 library

that's not even remotely true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Final Fantasy X is the best FF game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

I'll always regret not buying a Saturn

After it was dead but before the games got expensive anyway.

I bought one this year. The games are stupidly overpriced but in an afternoon + a 15 dollar action replay cart you can flash Kai onto it and just play CD-Rs. My friend and I use it to play Alpha 2 and Bomberman

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I turned my Vita on as well to play Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain but I didn't read the fine print because you can only download that game to European Vitas. 1 buck down the drain

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

(OOC: I own like every console that's not a MS one and i use them all the time and I kiss them on the lips before I go to bed each night. I even have a gaming PC that I use periodically for interesting steam releases) Pokken Tournament DX is a better game than Uncharted 4

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
They should make a Yakuza/Rabbids crossover

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

After Mario xcom I’m down for any stupid crossover by the same devs

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I will admit that if I didn't have a lovely PC I would own far less PS4 games.

Also if I didn't like trophies. Like I don't like them enough that I put real effort into getting them but I then enough that if I have the option, I'd rather play a game and eat trophies than play the same game elsewhere and not earn trophies

Also, real talk, I will be loving shocked if Mario Odyssey isn't goty if not game of the entire gen

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

glam rock hamhock posted:

I will admit that if I didn't have a lovely PC I would own far less PS4 games.

Also if I didn't like trophies. Like I don't like them enough that I put real effort into getting them but I then enough that if I have the option, I'd rather play a game and eat trophies than play the same game elsewhere and not earn trophies

Also, real talk, I will be loving shocked if Mario Odyssey isn't goty if not game of the entire gen

I will almost always buy stuff on PS4 over PC because of the trophies, yeah. Steam achievements have always been lame

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sakurazuka posted:

I disliked FFX so much that I have not played a FF game since.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I think I have all trophy notifications off and have never seen what trophies I have

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nate RFB posted:

Lurdiak parachute account spotted

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

(OOC: I own like every console that's not a MS one and i use them all the time and I kiss them on the lips before I go to bed each night. I even have a gaming PC that I use periodically for interesting steam releases) Pokken Tournament DX is a better game than Uncharted 4

Did you get pokken? Who you maining?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Andrast posted:

I think I have all trophy notifications off and have never seen what trophies I have

al-azad
May 28, 2009

trophies are fun and i wish they were around when i was a kid

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sakurazuka posted:

Lurdiak parachute account spotted
Don't even joke about that! I'm not going to say they're bad since I haven't played them, I just have not had any interest to check them out.

I do really, really, really hate FFX though.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I like Trophies/Achievements as long they’re relatively reasonable and not tied to multiplayer.

It’s great when they’re gags too, like the one in BioShock for taking a photo of Sander Cohen’s corpse.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

All the FF games after 10 are, uh, an acquired taste anyway

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sakurazuka posted:

Unlike the delicious taste of that perfect blend of meat, egg, and shrimp in every cup of Cup Noodles

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Raxivace posted:

I like Trophies/Achievements as long they’re relatively reasonable and not tied to multiplayer.

It’s great when they’re gags too, like the one in BioShock for taking a photo of Sander Cohen’s corpse.

Or smacking the head off of an Andrew Ryan mannequin with a golf club in 2, which is both a joke about the act itself and a joke about that specific achievement from the first game

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm glad I have such a sophisticated palate

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

Im not really a fan of X either but there's some bangers after that one. Hell X-2 is a top3 FF for me.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
hat in time has beta workshop support

lets see what type of hats are being added

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

oddium posted:

gaming and driving ?? that's a real "game over"

I take the BART train, so nah I dont' drive. Also my job is like 40 to 50 minutes away without traffic so yay for living in California! :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The best part is that that room is for nothing but filling with furniture, you don't get anything from it, you just fill it with the stuff you find to make it look nicer.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

al-azad posted:

trophies are fun and i wish they were around when i was a kid

I liked the idea of trophies / achievements when they were basically some out-of-the-way extra challenges you could do after finishing a game that you wouldn't normally try to do in the regular course of gameplay, but after a while they seemed to all just become progress trackers and tedious "find all the bear butts" completionist crap.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The PS4 trophy notification is hilariously intrusive when it comes to ones tripped by dramatic cutscenes.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

raditts posted:

and tedious "find all the bear butts" completionist crap.

didn't realized so many games took place in San Francisco

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Trophies ate good when it's they're to have your do fun pointless things and for just encouraging you to explore. Some times complaints have fun with them but too often companies treat them like a chore or an afterthought. Even with lazy implementation I still tend to like it because it's nice to have the milestones of the game check off like that. I feel I'm at a good place where I enjoy them but if it's the least bit about I just don't care

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

The best part is that that room is for nothing but filling with furniture, you don't get anything from it, you just fill it with the stuff you find to make it look nicer.

i love castlevania

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

raditts posted:

I liked the idea of trophies / achievements when they were basically some out-of-the-way extra challenges you could do after finishing a game that you wouldn't normally try to do in the regular course of gameplay, but after a while they seemed to all just become progress trackers and tedious "find all the bear butts" completionist crap.

I really liked the achievements for Geometry Wars on 360, they were all weird "game within a game" goals that made you approach the modes in different ways and some of them were really tough. Stuff like "painting" the entire border of the arena by scraping it with your ship, or surviving for X seconds without shooting anything, or whatever.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i love castlevania

There's a sidequest in Curse of Darkness solely devoted to sitting in a wide variety of chairs that are just in random places.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Eh

I liked ff9 the most but 10 is pretty good too, not a fan of a lot of the sidequests though

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The real shame about Julius mode in the Sorrow games is that they don't change any of the furnishings to make the place look like one a sophisticated post-modern Drac like Soma would chill out in.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
By the way on a serious note Neogaf is probably about to explode and not in a good way from like a game announcement but because the owner of the forums is about to be exposed to the public for what appears to be some heavy poo poo.

https://twitter.com/etdragonpunch/status/921769491591073792

Especially bad because people also seem to be pointing to the fact that most if not all past and present "Mods Knew" over there and never did anything.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

take your bets on sexual assault vs pedophilia

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Who's Amirox/what are people accusing the guy of/give me the juicy details

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

glam rock hamhock posted:

Trophies ate good when it's they're to have your do fun pointless things and for just encouraging you to explore. Some times complaints have fun with them but too often companies treat them like a chore or an afterthought. Even with lazy implementation I still tend to like it because it's nice to have the milestones of the game check off like that. I feel I'm at a good place where I enjoy them but if it's the least bit about I just don't care

just an aside but you need to tweak your autocorrect that's like the third time you've said "ate" instead of "are" and now i'm hungry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Who's Amirox/what are people accusing the guy of/give me the juicy details
hes like neogaf's aatrek

• Locked thread