Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i thought the cerberus was insanely easy. i beat him twice, once with a friend ayaka that was complete overkill (and a party that had two dead weight members in noctis and queen since i had no idea what to expect and was feeling lazy) and the second time i just blasted him down with two aileens to get that dagger with the five man deal. 8k health veritas of the earth just single tanked the entire ordeal, with damage resistance up and 85% innate fire resist he was fine. also the cerberus can be attack/magic debuffed although it appears to cleanse debuffs post threshhold.

if you have rikkus pouch veritas of the earth can keep rikkus lb filled 100% every turn just with aoe cover and between those two you should be really safe, then a healer to taste, a breaker, and a dps to nuke it down. technically you could use wol as the tank as he covers the tank/breaker role but then you'd have to think a little harder as you wont just be auto filling rikkus lb every turn. he shouldnt be any less survivable than wol, its just voe has that counter. i guess you could toss black belt on wol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

in more unrelated news, I enchanced a white witch fina. her spr stacking can get quite a bit silly.

If I had BiS gear/max stat pots, she'd potentially be hitting 1000.
Holy is only 2.3x and her divine burst is 3x aoe, not top tier damage but still nothing to sneeze at especially if you bring light imperil.
50%hp+20%mp heal in ritual is still amazing and If you really, really wanted Fina as your healer, you could give up a whopping 200 quartz to a fat chocobo for curaga and she'd be one of the best healers not named ayaka.
Her max hp is low but with some stacked spr, that might not be a big issue.

Oh, and nice unit number there Gumi.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

UnholyBob posted:

That really depends on what you need. DKC is a fantastic finisher if you can babysit him as is finishing skill WILL kill him if you don't land a heal between the first and second hit. Agrias is a good choice if you've got Orlandeau and Excaliburs for both to take advantage of the imperil. Luneth is almost as good a finisher as DKC, but without the whole "whoops he died" thing. As for Ace, he'd be my choice. His awakened Tri-Beam Laser is one of the game's best imperils, it does good damage, and it does multiple imperils to boot. Add on the fact that awakened Spirit Hand is one of the best mana battery skills and I've been nothing but pleased with my Ace. Wouldn't have gotten Aigaion down without him.

Ace is extremely good with Enhancements.

Buuuuut...

Enhanced Donkey Kong Cecil won't kill himself while finishing if you Doublehand instead of Dual Wield. Like Randi, while you can Dual Wield with them, he is designed to Doublehand. Give him Greatsword Mastery, Doublehand, Proud Fencer and a Veritas (Dark or Earth) and the best +ATK gear you have. That might put you over the 300% ATK cap, so maybe experiment a little.

The way I understand it, you want your finisher to have the best +ATK gear, then your chainers.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Pulled queen. Any good?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

beergod posted:

Pulled queen. Any good?

She is the second worst rainbow in the game, congrats.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

purkey posted:

That doesn't seem like a very mid tier team to be honest

It's not but I've been wiping on that stupid Malboro for the last three days. Gumi got the fear in me.

Still haven't beaten the Great Malboro but CryHavoc, please don't change that Trance Terra you have up, she's absolutely perfect and I couldn't ask anyone to build me a better one. I need to get this Crowe TMR done and knock out a Dark Robe of my own.

Khisanth Magus posted:

She is the second worst rainbow in the game, congrats.

She's one of the better finishers in the game if you want to enhance her. She's probably still behind Luneth although her setup ability does MP Refresh which is pretty good, I'd rank her higher than DKC if not in terms of overall dps, in that you don't need to do any timing poo poo and she MP refreshes.

Also TMR is still good despite what some might claim. 7500 hp on my OK is quite nice thanks to a pair of WIsdom. I really need to figure out how to squeeze some SPR gear on him. 150 SPR is just awful.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Oct 21, 2017

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I really wanted a Jake or Nichol to futz around with team metas, but I ended up with enough Lids to never ever worry about an open container... and a Goth Sakura. Not sure how she'll fit with my team compositions, but considering my last rainbows were 2 Gilgameshes and a Queen, I'm sure as hell not complaining.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Half price piss crystal: Orran.

:negative:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

It's not but I've been wiping on that stupid Malboro for the last three days. Gumi got the fear in me.

Still haven't beaten the Great Malboro but CryHavoc, please don't change that Trance Terra you have up, she's absolutely perfect and I couldn't ask anyone to build me a better one. I need to get this Crowe TMR done and knock out a Dark Robe of my own.

She's one of the better finishers in the game if you want to enhance her. She's probably still behind Luneth although her setup ability does MP Refresh which is pretty good, I'd rank her higher than DKC if not in terms of overall dps, in that you don't need to do any timing poo poo and she MP refreshes.

Also TMR is still good despite what some might claim. 7500 hp on my OK is quite nice thanks to a pair of WIsdom. I really need to figure out how to squeeze some SPR gear on him. 150 SPR is just awful.

I thought her attacks were just normal attacks over and over again? How can she finish like that?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I thought her attacks were just normal attacks over and over again? How can she finish like that?

Her Devastate +2 Enhancement makes it a 1 time 8x attack, so it still hits 4/5 times(x2 with DW) but it's not super long. She's in the same boat as most finishers though in that DW will probably lose one of her attacks outside the chain unless it's a glorious OK 64~ hit chain.

You can see some test damage stuff here.
Note that some of the information in this video is incorrect but overall it gives you an idea of what she can do.

Not everyone can use her to her potential but really that can be said about a lot of units that are circumstantially good based on the other units you've got at your disposal. I won't argue she's S tier now, but she's a good finisher thanks to her enhancements so she's not totally useless; though I would certainly argue that there are better units to spend your crysts on.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Oct 21, 2017

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Pulled a Reberta today. I still have not pulled a dupe rainbow yet.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Thanks everybody as always the advice is super appreciated! Stumbled on to a emo Sakura this morning burning the 4 tickets I had left, so that's a nice suprise. Been having some decent rainbow luck since onion knight. Hell I've landed more rainbows in the past month or two than I have the whole time I've been playing this dang game.

At least I finally have a magic chainer now so that's cool. She seems like a solid unit unless I'm missing some horrible catch. Maybe not the top of the top with Tt running around out there but between her and my soon to be enhanced ace I'll finally have some magic damage options for when it's needed.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Trance Terra, whatever, who needs her??

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Finally went back and took a crack at Parade of the Possessed. It kicked my rear end last time, but this time? Easy peasy. Took a few Turbo Ethers to keep Ayaka from burning herself out, but nothing too crazy. Just need to put more MP regen on her. Have my Onion Knight topping out at 948 ATK. I guess my next step is getting an Ifrit's Claw. I have my OK running Katana Mastery, because that's what I have and it's the only weapon class with a Wind weapon and a Mastery that I have. Actually, might be worth it to go after a Champion's Belt/Kaiser Knuckle/Martial Arts combo if I'm sticking with Wind. But ugh, Aigaion.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Trance Terra, whatever, who needs her??

all i want this christmas is some genji gloves

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Echophonic posted:

Finally went back and took a crack at Parade of the Possessed. It kicked my rear end last time, but this time? Easy peasy. Took a few Turbo Ethers to keep Ayaka from burning herself out, but nothing too crazy. Just need to put more MP regen on her. Have my Onion Knight topping out at 948 ATK. I guess my next step is getting an Ifrit's Claw. I have my OK running Katana Mastery, because that's what I have and it's the only weapon class with a Wind weapon and a Mastery that I have. Actually, might be worth it to go after a Champion's Belt/Kaiser Knuckle/Martial Arts combo if I'm sticking with Wind. But ugh, Aigaion.

At 948atk all you need is another OK to elemental chain with and you can two-round the Dark Esper trial.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
So I threw one of my 10+ tickets and got 2 rainbows: Aileen and Queen. Was hoping for a Sakura, but whatever.

Queen looks pretty awful as is. But I know Aileen is is pretty popular. I'm a bit unsure as to what her purpose is other than damage and some bit of support?

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Damage is a really good purpose

Edit: She has an awesome attack skill that imperils earth and her TMR is her best weapon.

purkey fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Oct 21, 2017

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

purkey posted:

Damage is a really good purpose

Edit: She has an awesome attack skill that imperils earth and her TMR is her best weapon.

Not disagreeing. Mostly just wondering if that was it or if there was some element of hers that I might be missing. Already 6*'d her and geared her up as it is.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
Pulled rainbow on ticket.
Was 4th Wilhelm.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Thank you to the people that have added me so far! Thanks to the Cactuar Dunes I've managed to 6* and max level both my Dark Veritas and my Lightning!

Beat gilgamesh and that cerberus thanks to friend units and gimmicks!

I have about 10k lapis and I'm not sure if I should do a 10 pull on the halloween banner or just hold out for the next banner. Any suggestions?

Should I keep running through the story or do some of the halloween event? I'm not sure how hard any of it is going to be but I could probably make it through a decent amount.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I got Grim Reaper Sakura this morning, so I am not sure how I feel about that exactly.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I have some more slots open for goons, add my beastly Ser Davos

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

I have about 10k lapis and I'm not sure if I should do a 10 pull on the halloween banner or just hold out for the next banner. Any suggestions?

Should I keep running through the story or do some of the halloween event? I'm not sure how hard any of it is going to be but I could probably make it through a decent amount.

Make sure you get as many of the event equipments as you can, especially ones with unique effects. This isn't a great newbie banner, imo. Definitely do daily pulls, and figure out if you want to do a 10+1 towards the end of the banner. The two golds are likely to be useful later on, once you're able to do harder content and starting TMR macroing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Destruction from the Cursed Mouthpiece is Demon Killer plus a magic version of Demon Killer, plus the Cursed Mouthpiece has +10 MAG and +25 DEF.

Versus Demons, I'm sure that maths out to be a pretty good overall gain from what you loose in not equipping, say, the Creepy Mask.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Destruction from the Cursed Mouthpiece is Demon Killer plus a magic version of Demon Killer, plus the Cursed Mouthpiece has +10 MAG and +25 DEF.

Versus Demons, I'm sure that maths out to be a pretty good overall gain from what you loose in not equipping, say, the Creepy Mask.

It's a Killer on a helm, that in itself is crazy powerful for ANYONE. it's worth losing even 45 atk from prishe's hairpin, if you're fighting Demons.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
If I'm smashing 5 units together for a TM they need to average out to 16% complete each right?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

this plus malboro's tentacle will give 100% magic killer for demons.

Incidentally, grim lord sakura can weild whips and has an innate 50% magic killer against demons as well. Something to consider if you pull her and dont immediately unlock her tm via moogles.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 21, 2017

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

hamsystem posted:

If I'm smashing 5 units together for a TM they need to average out to 16% complete each right?

Just add up the totals. For 5 units you get a 20% bonus, so they need to add up to 80%.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Killers on equipment slots are amazing and always worth getting and using.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

So I threw one of my 10+ tickets and got 2 rainbows: Aileen and Queen. Was hoping for a Sakura, but whatever.

Queen looks pretty awful as is. But I know Aileen is is pretty popular. I'm a bit unsure as to what her purpose is other than damage and some bit of support?

Aileen can do a LOT of damage, capitalizing on Earth element which is resisted far less often than the token Light/Dark. She can use anything except Heavy Shields, she has the best earth imperil ability in GL right now, and although chaining with her is very difficult without a copy she can still easily piggyback off of most two other chainers. Also, her spear TMR is the best earth weapon in the game, period.

Also, her future enhancements make her kind of nuts.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

Evil Fluffy posted:

At 948atk all you need is another OK to elemental chain with and you can two-round the Dark Esper trial.

Oh nice I'm in the same boat. Just got my ok to 977 Atk with dks soul and some other 30%ers so I'll have to give that a go. Not to hard to find another ok with Excalibur for some holy chaining. Now that I've got a somewhat strong ok and Ayaka I feel a bit more confident in trying some of the trials.

Managed to beat parade of the possessed and gilgamesh relatively easily thanks to those two. It's like a whole new game opened up really. Now I can add goth girl Sakura into the mix and maybe an enhanced up ace and who knows I might just managed to squeek out a win here and there.

Assuming I live past the first danged round that is.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Got an Illusionist Nichol yesterday, and Pirate Jake today. And I already had BCLid from last year.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
The Cursed Mouthpiece is a helm not a hat, so most mages won't be able to wear it. The demon-killer is still worth it for physical attackers, though.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

App update in the Google Play Store. Kissing Finas app icon has been replaced:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

hey bb. what's your friend code

edit: you might want to mess around rerolling to get a base 5*, also the event units seem to be pretty good

i am far too lazy to do that. add me tho i need some badman carry! 946 505 964

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

App update in the Google Play Store. Kissing Finas app icon has been replaced:

It's a little funny that basically the only story character without a halloween unit is the icon during halloween

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Isn’t Fina in every icon because Fina?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

It's a little funny that basically the only story character without a halloween unit is the icon during halloween

It's the classic college halloween costume: Sexy Goth.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Maybe next Halloween Dark Fina can cosplay as an earth crystal. Just wear a big orange stay puft marshmallow costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Adept Nightingale posted:

I've personally really been enjoying this recent trend of mid-tier bosses. Feels good to actually complete some of the events with my thoroughly mid-tier team.

I lasted one round vs Cerberus

Or wait, zero?

• Locked thread